THIS NAVY SEAL SNIPER IS THE ‘DEADLIEST IN U.S. HISTORY’ — CAN YOU GUESS HIS LONGEST SHOT?

JoeBtfsplk 2012/01/02 14:22:27
Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle has the nickname “the legend.” It’s a title given to him by his fellow soldiers. And once you hear his story, you’ll understand why.

Kyle is the “deadliest in U.S. history,” the New York Post says. So how many kills have earned him that designation? Just 160. He details many of them — and many other stories — in his new book, “American Sniper,” which hits bookstores today.

For example, he recalled taking out seven insurgents in Fallujah around Thanksgiving 2004:

It’s November 2004. Thanksgiving time. The second battle of Fallujah has launched, and Kyle is swaddled in silence atop an upturned baby crib, studying the enemy through a Nightforce 4.5-22 power scope attached to a .300 Win Mag rifle.

He’s feeling badass.

“We just got word that the president of Iraq said that anyone left in the city is bad — meaning, clear to shoot,” he recalled for The Post. “From that point on, every fighting-age male was a target.”

That was just fine with Kyle, who spent five weeks in the hideout, protecting Marines on the ground and bagging seven confirmed kills — adding to his official total of 160, making him the deadliest sniper in US history.

“After the first kill, the others come easy. I don’t have to psych myself up, or do anything mentally — I look through the scope, get the target in the cross hairs and kill my enemy before he kills one of my people,”

Kyle writes in his new autobiography

llll

• Ejayt7 2012/01/26 17:13:27
    Ejayt7
    +1
    That is good for the Navy SEALS! It was long overdue that Somalian priates were targeting wealthy Americans and wealthy Europeans for ransoms. Yes, indeed, the world has nine less scrumbags to worry about holding people hostage for ransoms. US makes them cringe!
  • james begay 2012/01/02 20:45:05
    james begay
    +1
    2,100 yards away
  • Hobbitt / Oldsquid 2012/01/02 18:52:22
    Hobbitt / Oldsquid
    +1
    That means he sent 160 scumbags to meet their Mohammed in hell...Fair winds and following seas from a retired Navy Chief.
  • Peru 2012/01/02 15:17:47
    Peru
    I wonder what he will say when he sees his Maker face to face and has to account for killing so many people.
  • JoeBtfsplk Peru 2012/01/02 15:30:03
    JoeBtfsplk
    +1
    if you note the Commandments, you will come to realize there is a stipulation

thou shalt not commit murder - that means pre conceived in a strict sense

war - on the other hand is following orders - ie 'kill or be killed'

I cannot vouch for God having the same opinion as mine
  • Peru JoeBtfsplk 2012/01/02 15:38:51
    Peru
    I'm sure God will say, "Let me see... you killed lots of people... oh wait... there's a note here. The president of Iraq said it was ok. Well that fixes it, doesn't it?"

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall obtain peace.
    Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
    I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
    sniper jesus
  • JoeBtfsplk Peru 2012/01/02 15:32:01
    JoeBtfsplk
    como estan las olas in los playas del Peru hoy? He visitado a Chile - muy buenas olas alla! Para surfiar - entiende?

Me gusto ir a Playa o Punta Blanco en el parte norte de Peru un dia pronto!!!
  • Peru JoeBtfsplk 2012/01/02 15:42:36
    Peru
    Ojalá que puedes venir muy pronto. Definitivamente hay buenas olas aquí en el Perú. Nos gustaría que vengas cuando tengas la oportunidad. Surf's up, dude!
  • JoeBtfsplk Peru 2012/01/02 15:48:23
    JoeBtfsplk
    Si mon! Andele! Vea en Costa Rica. Desde algos anos pero Ya me vengo.

llll
  • Tom 2012/01/02 15:00:29
    Tom
    I'm guessing around 1,200 yards.
    As cold as this sounds, we need guys like him to even the odds of our offensive. My hat is off to him and others who defend liberty!

2014/04/18 13:27:09