The Public Cares If a Candidate Cheats [INFOGRAPHIC]

SodaHead Infographics 2011/12/08 23:00:00
Last week, we asked SodaHeads what they thought about candidates who cheat on their spouses. Herman Cain's cheating accusations didn't seem to have much of an impact on his campaign in the polls, but it quickly spiraled out of control when the public refused to let it go. Now, it's cost him his candidacy.

Earlier this year, [former] Rep. Anthony Weiner resigned from his position over a cheating scandal, and before the jokes had a chance to go limp, news of Arnold Schwarzenegger's love child got out. It's not an uncommon occurrence, and it's important that voters are able to assess what this means for their country, and how -- if at all -- it will affect their vote.

candidates cheating

• Wayzuns 2011/12/21 08:03:57
    Wayzuns
    +11
    If a Democrat cheats and becomes president, he tells every little school child that oral sex is okay and it's not really sex. He redefines sex and starts the largest downhill movement in sexual behavior, just to make what he did seem okay. If a Republican tells a woman she's pretty, he has committed one of the most heinous crimes against humanity possible. He is shamed publicly on all of the major news networks and is forced to abandon his bid for office.

• Alacrity 2012/12/19 16:29:44
    Alacrity
    The results you have are within my expectations.
  • George Zook 2012/05/29 18:20:55
    George Zook
    historically I believe many great men and women had interesting sex lives ... seems to go with the territory ... What I look at is how well and fast the person owns up admits their actions and faces the consequences ... that's where you see character
  • Bubba 2012/02/05 20:48:40
    Bubba
    Of course I care. At the roots of it, it's breaking the basic principles/virtues of fidelity, trust and loyalty, all very important if you wanna be the president.
  • dandieselonian 2012/01/03 14:27:49
    dandieselonian
    no I dont care but if he has to make it a 3way
  • kawaiigurl1234 2012/01/03 03:04:16
    kawaiigurl1234
    No if i am not married to them why should i care. I will feel sorry for the spouse but i am not going around talk esh about them because they did it.
  • jtjustice 2012/01/02 21:28:56
    jtjustice
    Let's see - if one could garner the vote from everyone who ever cheated on a significant other - that candidate would win by a landslide...
  • Sacred Flame 2012/01/02 09:24:09
    Sacred Flame
    The Guy Cheated.Big Bleh. For All Most Know The Other Candidates Do The Same They Just Don't Get Caught. The Most Important Thing Is What They Bring To The Table Politically.
  • purplepearl 2012/01/02 04:11:14
    purplepearl
    +1
    I'm not very sure. It is personal business. However, if they cannot even manage to uphold a relationship, then what makes them think they can take care of a country?
  • Rocko 2012/01/01 23:28:37
    Rocko
    +1
    umm it does very much speak to the charater of this person no doubt

only f**kin dirtbags cheat
  • Randa<3 Rocko 2012/01/01 23:55:31
    Randa<3
    +1
    I agree..I dont think it would change my vote though you know?
  • Rocko Randa<3 2012/01/01 23:58:34
    Rocko
    +2
    it absolutely would affect mine i mean if his wife (supposed to be the most important person in the world to him/her) cant trust him how would he screw over faceless nameless masses
  • Randa<3 Rocko 2012/01/02 00:00:06
    Randa<3
    +1
    very very very good point. I didnt really look at it that way.
  • Rocko Randa<3 2012/01/02 00:08:02
    Rocko
    +1
    just my thought is all:)
  • ☮ Ron ☮ Paul ☮ 2012! ☮ 2012/01/01 08:09:36
    ☮ Ron ☮ Paul ☮ 2012! ☮
    Cheating on your spouse is cheating yourself, those that you love, and all that love you.

If you cheat on the one that you love, you will without a doubt, cheat on all the rest of us you don't even know.

Get your $#it together before you represent and lead the United States of America!
  • sol 2011/12/31 15:37:25
    sol
    Yes, its shows how committed to a person they are and if they can't stayed committed to that person what says they'll stay committed to a certain topic or to a certain bill. You can't really judge them for an affair they had years ago, if they've change but you do have to be cautious about them still.
  • Jay 2011/12/31 14:41:03
    Jay
    He/she have already showen trends of unacceptable behavouir, even if it's not in ther qualified field. I thought it was lead by example...do we really need THAT example.?
  • mia.b 2011/12/31 14:20:53
    mia.b
    not really
  • Jason Logan 2011/12/31 12:32:53
    Jason Logan
    +1
    I think people are more concerned that they got caught rather than being innocent. I don't look at past personal history. I look at what they've done lately. Anyone can learn from their mistakes. Just don't make the same ones over and over again. There is a double standard between Democrats and Republicans though. Dems get away with almost anything. Obama admitted to doing drugs and he still got elected.
  • George ... Jason L... 2012/05/29 18:24:30
    George Zook
    and you think thats because of a double standard?? it could be that most americans identify with that history
  • D D 2011/12/31 12:28:53
    D D
    All men poke around. Not saying it is right, but to think a president (or general politicians) hasn't poked around is naive. It is the nature of the beast. Politicians are all especially evil.
  • dSavanna 2011/12/31 07:51:05
    dSavanna
    +1
    I care because I feel how a president/candidate treats his/her spouse is an insight into how he/she will treat the country. And everyone else.
  • Jay dSavanna 2011/12/31 14:42:54
    Jay
    +1
    I do agree, if he cant control himself on matters closer to the heart, how will he controle himself on a country.
  • rhstarr 2011/12/31 05:51:32
    rhstarr
    Yes it matters. If they cant be faithful to their spouses, what makes you think they are going to be faithful to the people of the United States.
  • Sew 2011/12/30 17:10:12
    Sew
    Hell yes it matters. It shows a lack of integrity. You want me to trust someone with power and responsibility when they an't even keep their pants on? If you're in a committed relationship and you cheat you are garbage in my opinion.
  • American Mercenary 2011/12/30 02:54:11
    American Mercenary
    only if it's current.
  • MinaM8 2011/12/30 02:50:53
    MinaM8
    +2
    I care, because if he can't be honest with his wife/ her husband, how can we expect them to be honest to the country? (not like we even expect anyone in politics to be honest anymore, but just saying...)
  • Roberto 2011/12/30 01:47:36
    Roberto
    I don't give a damn about if that candidate cheats on his/her husband, the candidate should do a good job, that's that only thing I care
  • BAMACRUSADER 2011/12/29 07:48:16
    BAMACRUSADER
    +1
    Yes, it is an issue for me. If you can't be committed to your spouse, you wouldn't bat an eye when it comes to lying to your constituents.
  • Jon 2011/12/28 16:48:15
    Jon
    +1
    This is all about trust and if you can trust your spouse who can you trust. If the marriage has broken down to the point where the spouse stray off then a presidential candidate has no business running. If a spouse cut you off from have sex you very well see the spouse stray off. Even pass behaivor can say a lot cheating is cheating, and really there no excuse for it.
    It sad that we could have had a out standing presidential candidate by the name Eliot Spitzer former governor of New York who cheated and lost all chance to do anything in government. Like I said it all about trust.
  • Nessa 2011/12/28 07:59:20
  • jennie 2011/12/27 16:30:49
    jennie
    Most people want what a candidate can do for them and the country, not what they do to a partner.
  • Watermusicranger 2011/12/27 09:08:02
    Watermusicranger
    WHO IS CHEATING NOW?..Is everyone talking about a 45 yr old problem. Heck, if he killed someone he would be out of jail and a free man by now....People do change.
  • BUD LITE 2011/12/27 03:43:07
    BUD LITE
    Yes !!
  • UpasanaAgarwal 2011/12/26 18:21:24
    UpasanaAgarwal
    I don't get it.. everyone is entitled to their personal life and conflict, if their having marital problems which leads to extra marital affairs, that's their business, that in no way determines a particular candidates efficiency as a leader. Subjecting them to judgement is unfair, people are allowed to make mistakes, and sometimes they just might be justified.
  • hari 2011/12/25 23:09:42
    hari
    whether public cares or not found only in result of elections
  • Jake Blanton 2011/12/25 08:05:07
    Jake Blanton
    +2
    Not as much as I care if the candidate is a NATURAL BORN citizen (unlike Bama-Boy)...
  • Kent Harper 2011/12/25 05:17:33
    Kent Harper
    +1
    I don't care what someone does in their personal life unless I personally care for them. If they're a total stranger, it is none of my business what they do (unless it is to me of course.)
  • Rubyzandra 2011/12/25 02:38:39
    Rubyzandra
    +2
    In my opinion, we all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and probably lied to our spouses and viewed the menu at another restaurant and wondered about a sweet dish in a weak moment. The character that allows you to smile and walk away knowing the grass is always greener on the other side until you walk on it. Chemistry and the flesh are often hard to manage and people don't always think about their choices.

Cheating on one's spouse fits right in their with everything else a human being does that is between them and their spouse to work out. Politicians in my experience do not walk a moral ground otherwise they probably would choose another profession that does not have to keep secrets and lie to their wives and the American People.

I do not know a politician or any other professional that is perfect in every way and stand on high moral ground at all times. They would not be human if they did. My guess is Herman Cain's opponents at one time or another have lied and cheated on their spouses as well in one way or another. God is a forgiving God. The immoral things people do are between them and God. While a person may not be faithful to their family, it does not mean they can not be faithful to a job that requires them to run the Country which requires the person...

I do not know a politician or any other professional that is perfect in every way and stand on high moral ground at all times. They would not be human if they did. My guess is Herman Cain's opponents at one time or another have lied and cheated on their spouses as well in one way or another. God is a forgiving God. The immoral things people do are between them and God. While a person may not be faithful to their family, it does not mean they can not be faithful to a job that requires them to run the Country which requires the person to be shrewd and goes against many moral issues. For example, religion has been taken out of the school which is detrimental to a person who has high moral standards. The same low moral standards that allow a man to cheat on his wife will allow him to run the country and not make it against the law to commit adultery and fornication. How many candidates for President do you think refrained from Premarital sex with the woman they married? A man who has sex before marriage is committing the same moral crime. That is between him and his Lord. It does not mean because he has low morals that he can not run a country that also has a low moral standard.
  • hari 2011/12/24 21:46:34
    hari
    weakness of human prevail in politicians too as finally they are human and have wide contacts during tenure and being appreciated at various forum so chances to slip is high
  • Dave POTL-PWCM-JLA 2011/12/23 13:11:35
    Dave POTL-PWCM-JLA
    +1
    I care. Its proves what a bunch of lying, corrupt vermin they are.
    ALL OF THEM....

2014/04/17 07:14:14