The African Presence and Survival In America, A Story of Interest To All

Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET 2013/02/17 20:23:07
Interesting; I'd Like to Add
Interesting

• RandyScott (TCOG) 2015/01/04 21:37:52
    Interesting; I'd Like to Add
    RandyScott (TCOG)
    I honestly expected something different.

Not because I don't know that African Americans have helped shape this Country, but because so many don't.

While I do appreciate pointing things like this out, I would much rather people just consider themselves as Americans, and leave the rest of it off. Learn your Heritage and keep what's good about it alive, but when it come to the way we treat each other today, it has to be as equals, without regard to race.

I wish it had been that way from day one, but I can't change the past. I can only try to improve the future.
  • L1 2015/01/04 18:38:08
    Interesting; I'd Like to Add
    L1
    +2
    I love it, and do appreciate your very informative blog posts.
    Thank you.
  • Cosworth 2015/01/02 01:50:32
    Interesting; I'd Like to Add
    Cosworth
    +2
    I like it.
  • NarcolepticGoat 2015/01/02 00:33:47
    Interesting; I'd Like to Add
    NarcolepticGoat
    +2
    It is interesting how the people kidnapped from Africa to become slaves in the Americas and Caribbean all kept at least a little of their birth cultures, not only that, but managed under horrific conditions to build entirely new cultures blended from home and the new lands.

I grew up in Brasil where the old religion not only flourished, but blended with others. Although recently has begun to ditch the old saint "cover" names and begun going with the old names The Catholic and native influences still show
  • lm1b2 2013/02/18 22:41:29
    Interesting
    lm1b2
    +1
    Interesting to African Americans maybe,i have read a lot of your history sense the end of the Civil war,the US Gov. has spent Billions of dollars,perhaps trillions,and except for a few who made it in sports, the majority have gone no where,there still in the Ghetto looking for more Gov. handouts,and because i speak the truth,you will now call me a Racists,so be it!
  • Latti I... lm1b2 2013/02/18 22:49:35
    Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET
    Your false drivel is getting tiresome, and you obviously didn't read the post; take your narrowness somewhere else.
  • Saint Paul the Decider 2013/02/18 15:41:05
    Interesting; I'd Like to Add
    Saint Paul the Decider
  • Susana 2013/02/18 15:37:57
    Interesting
    Susana
    What would be more interesting Is to present here all the contributions the blacks made before 1620.
    When the African blood began to mix with the caucasian blood then things begin to change for the better for the blacks.
    But what contributions did the blacks make to the world before 1620?
    I would appreciate honest answers
    Without anger.

and no andar.
  • Latti I... Susana 2013/02/18 15:59:07 (edited)
    Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    A lot:

From the great kingdoms of Egypt, Timbuktu, Ancient Moroccan kingdom, Ethiopia etc....The people of Timbuktu knew about the moons eclipses and phases before the Europeans did. Africa was a vibrant place before Colonialism.

Lastly; Africa has the most diverse DNA/genes, more than any place in the world. So if every continent was wiped out of humans, Africa will still have every phenotype there.
  • Susana Latti I... 2013/02/19 00:33:48
    Susana
    Thank you for your reply.
    According to scientist Richard Dawkins
    everyone is a distant cousin of Queen Elizabeth
    because of the river of DNA

And yes in 1 of his books he wrote about
    African Eve.

I'm a believer in the Genesis account.
  • Richard M. Nixon 2013/02/18 13:44:19
    Interesting; I'd Like to Add
    Richard M. Nixon
    +2
    Whoopie Goldberg, while traveling, had to identify herself by national origin (race). She refused to let the folks in charge tick "African-American". She identifies herself as "American". Good on her! Enough of this race crap.

whoopie goldberg
  • Latti I... Richard... 2013/02/18 14:48:29
    Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET
    -_- The post is about the Africans who came here as free men/women and slavery.
  • Richard... Latti I... 2013/02/18 16:53:56
    Richard M. Nixon
    My addition was about an American.

addition american
  • RandySc... Richard... 2015/01/04 21:41:10
    RandyScott (TCOG)
    Not a fan of hers but if she did as you say she got at least that much right.
  • andrew.micheals.353 2013/02/18 12:52:48 (edited)
    Interesting; I'd Like to Add
    andrew.micheals.353
    +1
    It was a bit long for me isn't the African American contribution to America and the world obvious? Good post though.
  • Latti I... andrew.... 2013/02/18 14:47:03
    Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET
    Thanks.
  • Sissy 2013/02/18 12:25:15 (edited)
    Interesting; I'd Like to Add
    Sissy
    +5
    Thank you so much for posting this. "Wonderful" seems so inadequate, but I loved reading every word.

Another riveting side story to this is the struggle Thomas Jefferson had with the "slave issue" when he was penning the Constitution. Although he was a wealthy "owner" himself, (as were a good share of or Founding Fathers), he was troubled by his "All Men Are Created Equal) statement and did make several tepid attempts to address slavery, of course to no avail. The thing with him though, he didn't believe that black people were all that equal and considered their intelligence to be only 3/5ths as good as their masters. At one point when he was figuring out what they could do with them if they should be freed, was to either send them back to Africa or find an Island somewhere, where they could have their own country.
  • Latti I... Sissy 2013/02/18 16:01:18
    Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Thanks.
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2013/02/18 04:30:19
    Interesting
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +6
    Great post as usual L. :-)
  • Latti I... Chris- ... 2013/02/18 04:38:14
    Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    Thank you Chris.
  • Big One 0909 2013/02/18 03:56:20
    Interesting; I'd Like to Add
    Big One 0909
    you mean the TRUTH? Or the revisionist version being pushed in schools today?

And where was the option for people to disagree with you? how will you ever learn anything?
  • Latti I... Big One... 2013/02/18 04:03:52
    Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Disagree with me; what was false?
  • Leslie Goudy 2013/02/18 03:36:12
    Interesting
    Leslie Goudy
    +2
    That's interesting but could you pare it down to salient points. I am not trying to be rude but I don't have real good concentration. I know how cold the whiter races are compared to the natural compassion the darker ones seem to have.
  • Latti I... Leslie ... 2013/02/18 03:39:39
    Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    There is compassion and non-compassion in us all Leslie; yeah I could send you a version in black if it is better for you. Sometimes color font comes out unreadable to some.
  • Leslie ... Latti I... 2013/02/18 04:42:54
    Leslie Goudy
    +2
    Go ahead and send it to me.
  • Latti I... Leslie ... 2013/02/18 04:48:55
  • Leslie ... Latti I... 2013/02/18 05:55:20
    Leslie Goudy
    +2
    That was better. I can articulate now what I meant about compassion. You see, people who do not have trials in life and don't have a hard way to go are unable to develop compassion. At least deep compassion. I sit in church and wonder how people show no emotion when we talk of our Lord dying for us on the cross. You see, most white people feel entitled. I know. I am Native also but I know how they all are tracing their roots back to some aristocrat or other. It's ridiculous. Anyway, I am watching "A Patch of Blue" now. Always very moving.
  • Richard... Leslie ... 2013/02/18 13:36:09
    Richard M. Nixon
    +1
    Very true in my experience. I always hung out with folks of color as they are more fun to be with. Better life attitude.

true experience hung folks color fun life attitude
  • Tuna 2013/02/18 00:21:45
    Interesting; I'd Like to Add
    Tuna
    +2
    Do you mean blacks?? I know an African American near me; like to see his picture? ernie els
  • Latti I... Tuna 2013/02/18 00:24:27
    Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    Of course you didn't read the post, not surprising; the history, which is African Americans from West Africa. I'm not going to explain any further, since you are attempting to derail an educational post.
  • Tuna Latti I... 2013/02/18 00:27:21
    Tuna
    +1
    I think youdo a disservice to proud American blacks by calling them Africans; they are Americans. My friends will tell you they are not African.
  • Latti I... Tuna 2013/02/18 00:33:44
    Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    "The African Presence and Survival In America, A Story of Interest To All"

Do you even comprehend the question and the post or do you just like to start typing absent of both?

You do a disservice by coming on a post when it is obvious you don't understand the question. The African presence is of those who did come from West Africa and planted a seed of their rich heritage, spirituality, etc...into the fabric of this nation. If you had read the post before talking, it starts off as African Americans into Black Americans.

That is why the title of the post is " The African Presence and Survival In America, A Story of Interest To All."
  • Tuna Latti I... 2013/02/18 00:41:05 (edited)
    Tuna
    +1
    Most definitely a valuable part of who the USA is; not who Africa is. Go ask your grand mamma if she is African. Black Americans lost that tag long ago.
  • Latti I... Tuna 2013/02/18 00:43:02
    Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    Sighs; you still don't get it, read the post. The African presence are from the Africans who came here as free men/women and those of slavery. That is the African experience to America.
  • Tuna Latti I... 2013/02/18 00:47:09 (edited)
    Tuna
    +1
    I read it but very dissappointed in your use of African Americans. We are all Americans FIRST or else we lose our identity which is happening way too quickly.
  • Latti I... Tuna 2013/02/18 03:05:56
    Latti Ice Nerd Gangsta of PHAET
    +5
    Again:

"Sighs; you still don't get it, read the post. The African presence are from the Africans who came here as free men/women and those of slavery. That is the African experience to America."
  • Chris- ... Latti I... 2013/02/18 04:43:11
  • Latti I... Chris- ... 2013/02/18 04:44:55
  • lurx: t... Tuna 2013/02/18 03:12:26
  • MeiLin lurx: t... 2013/02/18 11:36:31

2015/04/18 05:00:34