Tennessee's bill HB 2619/SB 2669

Arel 2012/02/06 17:25:20

The Tennessee legislature will consider HB1629 and SB2669 in the 2012 session which would nullify the detention provisions in the federal governments NDAA as it is beyond their authority given to them under the US Constitution.

Mike Maharrey communications director of the Tenth Amendment Center called language in the NDAA "vague and overbroad, pointing out that Americans should never simply trust in the good intentions and moral clarity of the president or federal judges to protect their rights." He added that "it falls on the states to step in and protect their citizens."

The bill also inclueds a Class E felony for any agent attempting to enforce any federal law beyond their authority and includes provisions for kidnapping charges if a U.S. citizen is detained in Tennessee under the NDAA.

Washington and Virginia seem to be mulling over similar legislation. It is time to get the word to your state legislatures and start fighting for our freedom before it is too late.

• ordman 2012/02/06 18:19:48
    ordman
    +2
    If they pass HB1629 and SB2669 and the governor signs it into law, I will wear Tennessee Volunteer Orange the day after it goes into effect. And people I’m a Die Hard Alabama fan and I hate University of Tennessee.
  • Arel ordman 2012/02/06 19:32:36
    Arel
    +1
    That is big!! Two men fishing one has on an Auburn shirt the other a UT shirt. The UT fan asks what the Auburn shirt stands for he replies Alabama usually beats us round November and the Auburn fan asks what the UT stands for on the other guy shirts and he replies us too. I know it is old but I love it anyway.
  • Aurora 2012/02/06 17:29:45
    Aurora
    +2
    Good job
  • Arel Aurora 2012/02/06 19:32:47
    Arel
    +2
    Let's hope it passes.

2014/04/19 07:15:16