Sonoma County Trial To Determine Legality of Selling Marijuana Online: Should Pot Be Available Online?

Daryl 2012/08/09 19:00:00

SANFRANCISCO.CBSLOCAL.COM reports:
An upcoming trial in Sonoma County could determine the legality of buying and selling medicinal marijuana over the Internet. In April, Santa Rosa Police arrested 43-year-old Krish Singh after setting up a marijuana purchase from his Craigslist ad, which offered high-grade marijuana for $2,700 a pound, according to a report in the Press Democrat.
legality selling medicinal marijuana internet news sports weather traffic sf

Read More: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/08/08/sonoma...

• Mj PINKYFINGERDOWN 2013/01/12 23:17:28 (edited)
  • LarryMoo 2012/09/15 21:44:35
    LarryMoo
    I agree it should be available, but not perhaps the internet unless there really was a strict way of doing it, it would be abused. Physicians, Chiropractors, Natureopaths, etc. should be able to presribe or dole out the MJ. I have a terminal disease and have been told by others afflected with the same that MJ does help. I am 70+ y/o. I don't even know where to go to find it illegally. Which is worse - the 350 mg. Morphine/per day that I'm allowed or perhaps having a 'pain-reliever' that grows naturally? I'd be proud to grow my own and learn the ways of it, if I could just get relief!
  • P. Sturm 2012/09/15 07:37:32
    P. Sturm
    It should be sold and taxed in most stores.
  • Linda 2012/09/01 17:14:26
    Linda
    Hell NO!!
  • Susan Mitchell 2012/08/27 16:49:00
    Susan Mitchell
    Why not? Alcohol, rx drugs that are much more dangerous are legal and very easy to obtain. Marijuana is much safer and helps with a lot of different health problems.
  • MrsB 2012/08/17 02:33:20
    MrsB
    +1
    I'm telling you. If the United States started selling pot and taxed it ... national debt ... GONE. I just don't see how weed is any worse than alcohol.

Alcohol = stupid decisions, embarrassing pictures and texts and usually irrational talk and/or singing.

Weed = the munchies - buying more food = tax dollars paid = no debt.

legalize weed funny
  • Dave Ruble 2012/08/17 00:34:24
    Dave Ruble
    Hell to the yea!
  • marty 2012/08/15 20:41:27
    marty
    But it should be legalized and sold in stores.
  • sellin 2012/08/15 15:55:13
    sellin
    Pot should be legalized period..
  • ronnie sellin 2012/10/31 19:12:14
    ronnie
    Amen brother!!!
  • Cynthia Wolf 2012/08/15 04:22:39
    Cynthia Wolf
    +1
    Why not? Everything else is ...
  • Buzzymuzzwelle 2012/08/15 03:14:59
    Buzzymuzzwelle
    As long as you can verify who your selling it to. Buzzy
  • Jezebel 2012/08/15 01:32:39
    Jezebel
    You don't truly know who you're selling it to. And it makes it THAT much easier for kids to get. Wait until it's been legalized and then use the web to market your Mary J
  • DJ.Alieus 2012/08/14 13:27:24
  • sarahja... DJ.Alieus 2012/08/14 16:44:13
    sarahjane.rodger
    +2
    what he said
  • Proggy 2012/08/13 22:19:26
    Proggy
    +2
    If you can donate to the Heritage Foundation online anything should be legal.
  • ella 2012/08/13 21:24:34
    ella
    we shouls all make MONEY online!!No one will work !!! What a country!!! Wonderful society!!! No need for education we can sale drugs ANY PLACE !!! DEMO CRACY !!!
  • trollatc 2012/08/13 20:57:44
    trollatc
    It's not Legal, until it is, No !!!
  • Master 2012/08/13 20:23:08
  • ~HopelessRomanticM17~ 2012/08/13 19:45:05
    ~HopelessRomanticM17~
    Why should it be legal online, but not offline????
  • ella ~Hopele... 2012/08/13 21:26:55
    ella
    YES ....right...we need FREE. any place ....what a wonderful society ................BUNCH of sick and mentally sick ....all over USA. WE need more
  • El Prez 2012/08/13 19:11:17
    El Prez
    +1
    AND take it off the list of the "War on Drugs". Consentrat on the real problem drugs like Crystal Meth which disfigure, kills and ruins the lives of so many.
  • JJ 2012/08/13 18:14:49
    JJ
    NO!
  • lynn 2012/08/13 16:55:38
    lynn
    +2
    I don't use marijuana or any hallucinogenic in any form. (Not that I would consider marijuana to really fit that description, but if I remember correctly, it is listed under that particular classification.) That said, I know a lot of people who smoke it to relax, and I have yet to see any ill effects. These are well established American citizens, responsible and successful. They work full time jobs and observe every law (at least as far as I know) except, of course, those forbidding marijuana. The friends I knew of from high school who smoked pot and ended up without jobs (or never getting jobs) were lazy to begin with, and abused all sorts of things, be it marijuana, alcohol, "acid", whatever they could get their hands on... so I don't believe marijuana in and of itself had anything to do with their lifestyle choices.

I can look around me and see far more detrimental results from the abuse of legal alcohol than I can from the "abuse" of illegal marijuana. (And trust me, I am no prohibitionist, I think alcohol should remain legal.) It would make good sense to me to go on and legalise marijuana, tax it, and sell it, just as we do alcohol. That would (a) bring great amounts of additional funds into our tax base, (b) very possibly help restore farming as a major indust...

I can look around me and see far more detrimental results from the abuse of legal alcohol than I can from the "abuse" of illegal marijuana. (And trust me, I am no prohibitionist, I think alcohol should remain legal.) It would make good sense to me to go on and legalise marijuana, tax it, and sell it, just as we do alcohol. That would (a) bring great amounts of additional funds into our tax base, (b) very possibly help restore farming as a major industry, (c) pave the way for hemp productioon, which could offer a great renewable fuel source and possibly one day replace fossil fuels altogether, and (d) strike a heavy blow against organised crime and the drug syndicates by removing one of their most profitable black market items.

I suspect all the heavily exaggerated propaganda we've heard through the past decades about the dangers of marijuana was really just a means to get hemp off the market, and thus remove the threat of competition against the big oil cartels.
  • jeremyperryfranz 2012/08/13 15:34:41
    jeremyperryfranz
    +1
    I'd say yes if vendors were to be able to validate the buyers adult age
  • Camda 2012/08/13 14:45:34
    Camda
    Doesn't sound like a good idea.
  • mike j 2012/08/13 12:59:34
    mike j
    I dont know why anybody would want to pay high prices for marijuana , just grow yu some at home.
  • Earthling 2012/08/13 04:41:09
    Earthling
    No. It should be legalized and sold in liquor stores with age verification just like alcohol.
  • tim 2012/08/13 04:36:26
    tim
    Even if they do police are gonna find out and start getting they handcuffs ready
  • USAF Vet 2012/08/13 04:03:21
    USAF Vet
    +2
    Just sell the $hit on every street corner in the US and be done with it.

argh
  • kaemordanel 2012/08/13 02:38:42
    kaemordanel
    +3
    It should be LEGAL.PERIOD.NO RESTRICTIONS.Except selling to minors.
  • gad_E 2012/08/12 22:47:18
    gad_E
    +2
    It appears as if 45% of people who voted on this are laughably misinformed. "Online" shouldn't even be specified. I'll never fully understand how such a large percentage of people can be so irrationally dedicated to preventing another human being's innate right to choose...over ANYTHING. I'm not even talking about "rights" as they're laid out in written law either. I'm talking about the fact that we were all born with the same basic genetic composition, with the same amount of knowledge (none), on the same exact planet. What makes you people assume to know any better than me? Intelligence isn't even on the list of choices.
  • terry.johnson.7792 2012/08/12 21:03:58
    terry.johnson.7792
    +3
    continuing to fight the use of medical marijuana is both a burden on tax payers and just plain unconstitutional. It is so much like the alcohol prohibition that was wrong and a miserible failure. There is no valid reason why it should be illegal to begin with and should be a personal choice with no government interference at all.
  • Ozymandias 2012/08/12 20:39:15
    Ozymandias
    Yes, as long as the consumer pays the sales tax and whatnot. It should be regulated.
  • The Bee Guy 2012/08/12 20:15:12
    The Bee Guy
    What part of N O don't you understand?
  • gad_E The Bee... 2012/08/12 23:09:00
    gad_E
    There's nothing hard to understand about the word "NO". My difficulty is in understanding exactly why anyone deems it necessary to say NO. In a very general sense, about ANYTHING that doesn't directly infringe on the livelihood of others. More specifically, about the why the legality of a plant is even up for debate. I could give you reason after reason as to why it should be legal & also why it's just flat out dumb to advocate for the incrimination of anyone associated with it. On the contrary, you MIGHT be able to scrape up a handful of asinine examples to support your case that I can assure you are a product of misleading ant-marijuana propaganda & predicated notions from whatever uneducated ramblings you've heard in the past. In an effort to be as fair as possible, let's suppose yours is the better mentality. Maybe you're somehow aware of certain information that I've stupidly overlooked. Please, enlighten me,
  • The Bee... gad_E 2012/08/15 15:42:37
    The Bee Guy
    Maybe like a Viet Nam veteran told us, He wouldn't use that drug, He saw to many guys die as a result of what it did to their ability to reason, while under fire. More then once, as pinned down in a foxhole by machine gun fire, a guy smoking weed that was with them, without thinking of result said "screw this, I'm out of here", jumped up to leave and tumbled back on them dead! the tough biker telling us this was not afraid to tangle with much of anything else, tough as nails type. His experience of those under influence of Marijuana was not so far removed from mine as we (Fire and rescue) pick up people under influence with that same kind of attitude while smoking this drug. But go ahead, PT Barnum was right.
  • Average... The Bee... 2012/09/02 19:49:01
    Average Joe
    Anecdotal experiences mean little in the legal context.
  • foy49 2012/08/12 19:32:18
    foy49
    No, it should be free !
  • Michaelene 2012/08/12 19:25:42
    Michaelene
    Anyone who would buy it has to be the most stupid person in the world.
    "Reports of German pot smokers sustaining severe lead poisoning from tainted marijuana suggests that illicit drug users may be getting a lot more than just a high from the substances they abuse, health experts warn. "
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/...

There have been so many thousands of pounds of laced marijuana that the DEA has had to create a new machine to destroy the confiscated contaminted pot to reduce the release of these toxins into the air.

2014/04/21 09:51:49