Someone told me that both Barack and Michelle Obama were disbarred and I want to know if there is any proof of this. Thank you in advance.

Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2011/02/19 03:39:38
Related Topics: Obama, Michelle Obama
I just want to know. I asked that person and they copped an attitude because I would not accept their claims without proof. They need to know that it is not who I am to accept things without proof. Oh, and for the record, I cannot stand either of the Obamas. Thank you for listening.

• No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2011/02/19 03:50:28
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +9
    Yes, Michelle voluntarily gave up her licence to end an ethics investigation into
    her behaviour.... 0bama gave up his law licence because he lied on his application to
    take the bar exam...................

Neither can practice law..

• F-14Nav... LesWagg... 2011/02/19 09:20:39 (edited)
    F-14NavyVet
    +6
    Neither Barack nor Michele could cover up their personal information maintained by this Supreme Court Directed commission. "Giving up their law license minimized the possible damaging information from being published by this commission."

You can check the Obama's status (and any attorney's legal right) to practice law here at the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission site:

https://www.iardc.org/index.h tml (remove any blanks)

"The mission of the ARDC is to promote and protect the integrity of the legal profession, at the direction of the Supreme Court, through attorney registration, education, investigation, prosecution and remedial action."

supreme court attorney registration education investigation prosecution remedial action

FACTS SUCK IF YOU'RE AN OBAMMUNIST...
  • LesWagg... F-14Nav... 2011/02/19 17:51:52
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    +1
    The question was if they had been disbarred. Obviously they have not.
  • F-14Nav... LesWagg... 2011/02/20 17:23:07
    F-14NavyVet
    The end result is the same -- they are no longer ALLOWED to practice law. They have BOTH forfeited their licenses voluntarily (on purpose) so there was no grounds for them to be disbarred. In Michelle's case -- her inactive status was ordered by the court.
  • true am... LesWagg... 2011/02/19 14:38:48
    true american
    +2
    Prove it then, this really isn't a difficult question
  • LesWagg... true am... 2011/02/20 18:05:01
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    F14NavyVet provided that above.
  • Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET 2011/02/19 06:02:20
    Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
    +3
    Ok, so first of all finding reliable material on things like this is always so hard to find. While I think there are some great sites out there as I am reading other replies on here below, people always say something like "that site leans left" "that site leans right" that site this that site that bla bla bla, and which one should we believe? It's like nothing is good enough for us anymore, like there is no reliable proof. Well I tried to find you some closure by avoiding the sites that have already been listed since you know according to others they are not reliable because they lean to one side (while I find that BS).

What I am finding the MOST of is that they are not disbarred and never were. Yes Barack can not practice law because he is retired from it. Neither Michelle or Barack did anything illegal. They were never penalized. Michelle can not practice law because she is "inactive" if she chooses to reinstate her license she can.

Here is some reading and the link...

"In 1993, the same year Michelle began working for Public Allies, she applied to change her Illinois registration status for practicing law – only four years after she received her license. It is now listed as "inactive.

James Grogan, deputy administrator and chief counsel for the Attorney Registration a...

Here is some reading and the link...

James Grogan, deputy administrator and chief counsel for the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois, or ARDC, has been with the commission for 30 years. He told WND that on July 1, 1994, the Illinois Supreme Court entered an order allowing Michelle to be transferred to inactive status pursuant to Illinois Supreme Court rule 770.

The ARDC website explains, "Prior to November 1, 1999, former Supreme Court Rule 770 provided for a proceeding in the Court for any voluntary transfer to inactive status, whether because of some incapacitating condition or solely as a matter of the lawyer's preference because the lawyer would not be practicing law."

She chooses not to practice law. This isn't something new or that just happened. Both went through the proper measure to "deactivate" their status legally. Without having to pay for any additional costs.

http://www.fourwinds10.com/si...

I know you don't like Obama but I have a feeling because you don't like him that your more apt to follow false information because thats how you "see" him. Yes they can not practice law, but not because they were disbarred but because they both choose to not practice law.
  • F-14Nav... Ves~Sai... 2011/02/19 09:26:18
    F-14NavyVet
    +5
    Michelle's license was "Court Ordered Inactive" back in 1993. Why?
  • Dark Kn... F-14Nav... 2011/02/20 01:28:09
    Dark Knight
    You'll not get any valid answer to that from a Liberal.
  • Ves~Sai... F-14Nav... 2011/02/20 02:07:22
    Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
    +2
    She ordered it. What you read in my reply was exactly that. In 1993 Michelle placed a court order to have her license be inactive. Thats what you had to do in order to deactivate yourself as a lawyer so you could stop practicing law and take time off to do what you wanted. It is all explained in my reply.
  • F-14Nav... Ves~Sai... 2011/02/20 17:52:29
    F-14NavyVet
    You do not have to give up your license to practice law to be a mom or politician. I find it odd that she have up her license to practice law voluntarily and then sought out a job as Legal Counsel AFTERWARD.

In Barry's case...this information about LYING on his application was uncovered by Hillary Clinton;s team during the Democrat Primary. Obama "quickly retired" his license to practice law to prevent a malpractice suit from being started and being published on his record. (That's their rules -- It is how things work.)
  • Ves~Sai... F-14Nav... 2011/02/20 18:07:07
    Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
    +1
    She gave it up because she wants too, I was listing other reasons a lawyer would do that,according to the article that is what many lawyers had to do during that time. Going inactive means you can still get your license back. They just had to do another petition which was much easier and faster to be active again.

She didn't like being a lawyer "According to the New York Times, Michelle was unfulfilled by her law career. She told the newspaper, "I wanted to have a career motivated by passion and not just money."" When she started working for Public Allies and stayed with them she loved her job.

I don't get how people find this odd, I know so many people who have degrees and do not apply them to what they originally went to college for. It's not odd, people do this all the time. A lot of people change careers and do not use a license or degree in which they paid for.

And Obama he actually did not "quickly" retire his license. Several years after Michelle when he was trying to run for office and campaigning he also filled an order to go inactive. Then a few years later he retired this was when he became president, you know his new job now. People can hate and dislike them all they want, however if you haven't walked in their shoes you can't really say what happened. I don't care...

And Obama he actually did not "quickly" retire his license. Several years after Michelle when he was trying to run for office and campaigning he also filled an order to go inactive. Then a few years later he retired this was when he became president, you know his new job now. People can hate and dislike them all they want, however if you haven't walked in their shoes you can't really say what happened. I don't care if people believe this or not, if people do believe this it doesn't mean they like Obama or have to like him, people can still dislike him for whatever reasons they wan't but it doesn't mean all this "lying" went on. According to everything there is on record both of these people did not do anything illegal (according to whats on file) in order for them to be inactive, this was something they ordered upon themselves. Thats why people can not find a straight answer that says they were disbarred. Every article I read says they ordered a petition to be inactive and then later for Obama retired.
  • Jennifer F-14Nav... 2012/08/17 20:48:09
    Jennifer
    +1
    She didn't "give up" her license. It's just inactive. All she has to do is pay her dues and complete her MCLE and she can practice law again. To keep an active license a lawyer has to pay dues and fees each year. Then they have to complete a certain amount of Continuing Legal Education each year. There's no point to waste the time and money on those things if you're not going to practice law. Would you pay your insurance company for 10 drivers on your policy if you're the only person driving in your household? No. She doesn't want to practice law anymore. Get over it. It's none of your business why. I'm sure there are a million other legitimate things you can find to hate her about.
  • Skip Ves~Sai... 2011/02/19 13:15:17
    Skip
    +3
    Your rationalization appears to be a lot weaker and void of hard evidence than does some of the other posts here. I read the information at your link to Fourwinds10.com and it too was vague on actual reasoning for Michelle giving up her license. I'm curious if you are not willingly overlooking evidence just to avoid being forced to accept facts you don't like? Hmmm?
  • Ves~Sai... Skip 2011/02/20 02:09:02
    Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
    LMAO vague?! Are you serious? There was so much information in the article. Giving names, dated, and details about her going to court to have her status be put inactive. I know there are some people who don't things, but I am surprised at how many that cannot understand this, it is simple and laid out.
  • Skip Ves~Sai... 2011/02/20 04:50:52
    Skip
    The article you referenced made no mention at all about what reasons Michelle and Barack had their law licenses suspended. It read as a biography not an examination of the how and why they didn't have their license any longer. F-14 Navy Vet had a better explanation here: http://www.sodahead.com/unite...
  • Ves~Sai... Skip 2011/02/20 04:56:56 (edited)
    Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
    +1
    Yes it does. Michelle filed the court order to be inactive, in 1994 the court ordered it and made it inactive. Barack did the same thing. Lawyers were doing that in the past its a petition 770. Lawyers did this in order to take time off, vacation, raise family, etc. It is right in the article I posted. I am clearly seeing it I don't know how you are missing it. In the article Michelle gave the reason why she did this too. (it was because she didn't like her job as a lawyer)
  • Skip Ves~Sai... 2011/02/20 05:06:56
    Skip
    +1
    Well, I guess we should just take Michelle's word for it then huh? I find it hard to believe that someone would go to college and work to get a law degree and then simply not keep her license active because she didn't like her job. Most people would value what they had worked for a lot more than she did. You might buy her excuse but I don't.

What about Barack's excuse? Did he lie on his application or not? If he did, then there is more truth to this allegation than not. But it really is academic whether Obama lied on his application because we know he is a pathological liar. He lies without even caring about someone knowing that he's lying. i.e. Closing Gitmo down.
  • Ves~Sai... Skip 2011/02/20 05:21:56
    Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
    +1
    I paid a lot of money for a degree I choose not to finish getting, changed majors and am now paying money to get a degree I want. It happens. Michele and Barack are not the first lawyers to go inactive or order to go inactive, like in the article this was something lawyers did often for any given reasons.

"I find it hard to believe that someone would go to college and work to get a law degree and then simply not keep her license active because she didn't like her job." Sorry but thats just the lamest crap I ever heard. I know countless people, people I went to college with, grew up with, that paid for their education and did nothing with the degree or license they had and went into something different. But I suppose you know everyone, to know that people just don't do this. Sorry thats BS.

According to the articles I have read Barack filed for inactive duty as well. I have found nothing that discloses any illegal behavior. I have no reason to believe or disbelieve, I am only going by what I have been able to find. I get it if people hate/dislike the Obama's, there are a lot of people I don't like either. But I don't parade around assuming I know their lives or what happened. Oh whoopee you named 1 promise that wasn't fulfilled. I know several that weren't do you know more than ...

According to the articles I have read Barack filed for inactive duty as well. I have found nothing that discloses any illegal behavior. I have no reason to believe or disbelieve, I am only going by what I have been able to find. I get it if people hate/dislike the Obama's, there are a lot of people I don't like either. But I don't parade around assuming I know their lives or what happened. Oh whoopee you named 1 promise that wasn't fulfilled. I know several that weren't do you know more than 1? Oh and Bush I suppose he fulfilled all of his promises, wait I am sure all the past presidents except Obama have fullfilled them all. (sarcasm) Just because someone may have failed to do something you wanted them to do. Or if you felt they lied, doesn't mean everything in their life (which you nothing about) is false or illegal. It's really pathetic how many people on SH are like this.
  • F-14Nav... Ves~Sai... 2011/02/20 17:59:26
    F-14NavyVet
    I can bet $1,000 that neither of them will attempt to re-activate their law licenses -- for if they do -- malpractice investigations will pursue and the reasons they gave up their license will then be published and made public by the ARDC.

BTW - Michelle was working for Mayor Daley of Chicago (D) at the time Obama met her. Michelle actually HIRED Obama as an intern...and Barack made his connections and worked the system from there. LOL
  • Ves~Sai... F-14Nav... 2011/02/20 18:17:53 (edited)
    Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
    +1
    They won't activate them I don't need to make a bet to know that in my own opinion. Michelle doesn't want to be a lawyer and Barack retired from it. These inactive status were issues in 1994 and 2005 there is no malpractice investigation. On record there are none.

In 1991 before she filed for her order to go inactive she was working for the Mayor. The year she left was the time she ordered her inactivation. I don't see how when Michelle and Barack met is a big deal. People meet under all kinds of circumstances.

In 1993 Michelle left the Mayors office and joined working with the Public Allies group as the executive director. Barack was a member, that doesn't mean she hired him and even if she did big deal. She was a person of higher authority that could hire people she felt fit to the group. These times made her happy. I enjoy people being happy with their lives doesn't matter if I like them or not.
  • Skip Ves~Sai... 2011/02/21 05:00:03
    Skip
    +1
    What is pathetic is your inability or refusal to accept any piece of information that sheds a bad light on the Obamas. They hung out with radical terrorists. They attended the church of a racist, America hating preacher for 20 years and he has filled his cabinet with socialists, crooks and radicals.

I gave one example of a lie simply for the sake of space and time. I don't have the inclination to detail all of his lies (like tax cuts for 95% of all Americans) because it wouldn't make any difference to you anyway. There is a huge difference between a president not fulfilling his campaign promises and an outright lie. Obama is a liar, plain and simple.

Oh, and if you don't know how the "tax cut for 95% of all Americans" was a lie, it's because not all Americans pay taxes. Obama knows this (or else he's dumber than he looks) and yet he kept on spouting the same crap over and over.
  • Ves~Sai... Skip 2011/02/21 05:10:07
  • Skip Ves~Sai... 2011/02/21 05:20:35
    Skip
    +1
    That's the same way I feel about your answers. I'm not surprised that you have nothing more to say. It's hard to argue against facts.
  • Ves~Sai... Skip 2011/02/21 05:54:16 (edited)
    Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
    +1
    You have no facts, you're just rambling. Mainly because you just loath Obama. Not my problem. You have nothing intelligent you're just ranting, so why should I put effort in giving replies. You're boring. I don't care if you feel the same towards me. Frankly this is an old topic now and its pathetic that people are still responding in distaste.
  • Jennifer Skip 2012/08/29 16:35:26
    Jennifer
    You don't have to take Michele's word for it, take the Illinois Supreme Court's word for it.

It's none of your business why she decided to quit practicing law. There are a million reasons why people decide they don't want to practice law after receiving a license. Do you care to know my reason? Because my husband makes enough money that I don't have to work. Being a lawyer is not easy, and I decided it's not worth the hassle when we didn't need the money. My father in law went to law school and didn't practice law, he wrote contracts for oil companies. My friend went to law school and doesn't practice law, he writes contracts for athletes. My other friend from law school doesn't practice law, he wanted a JD behind his name for his lobbying work. Is that enough reasons or should I go on? Stop making a huge deal out of nothing. Find another reason to hate her, because the one you're currently using is WEAK!
  • Jennifer Skip 2012/08/29 15:30:33
    Jennifer
    Their licenses weren't suspended, Skip. If they were suspended, then it would have said "suspended" on the ARDP page. It didn't say "suspended", it said "inactive". There is a difference. Do you not know how to read? Is that your problem? It clearly says "inactive", not "suspended".
  • Lily Blooms Eternal 2011/02/19 05:30:25
    Lily Blooms Eternal
    +5
    It is always wise to ask for proof of something before you accept it and/or go and repeat it. The person must have thought that you were being sarcastic or argumentative when you sincerely asked for proof. Don't sweat it. Keep looking for the truth because your own integrity is on the line and you have a right to ask.
  • TruBluTopaz 2011/02/19 05:27:44
    TruBluTopaz
    +4
    I have not heard about the president's legal status, but I heard quite awhile ago that Michelle Obama was made to surrender her credentials that would allow her to practice law in Illinois. Usually that is for egregious misuse of power or misrepresentation. Considering the whole issue of who funded their home and the donations from her place of work into the 2008 presidential campaign, I would be curious if an open records request would reveal the whole story. Or will that get "lost" too?
  • Epistemically Justified -- BN7 2011/02/19 05:25:33
    Epistemically Justified -- BN7
    +5
    No. They were licensed in Illinois, and when they moved to Washington, D.C. they gave up their licenses voluntarily. Not all lawyers do this when they leave the state that they are licensed in, but neither is it unheard of.

Now, Bill Clinton was disbarred for ethical reasons. Though he was not convicted of perjury, Arkansas disbarred him anyway.
  • Boris D. 2011/02/19 05:08:08 (edited)
    Boris D.
    +5
    They weren't disbarred, but they "voluntarily" gave up their law licenses for unknown reasons.

I suspect that Barack gave his up to avoid disbarment for falsely claiming that he never went by any other name, when he used to be known as Barry Soetoro.

http://www.iardc.org/ldetail....

Full Licensed Name: Barack Hussein Obama
    Full Former name(s): None (Really Barry???)
    Illinois Registration Status: Voluntarily retired and not authorized to practice law

(And how many social security numbers does he have, like 15??)

I have no idea why Michelle could have "voluntarily" gave her license up, but I assume it was to avoid being disbarred.

http://www.iardc.org/ldetail....

It seems to me that something you worked so hard to earn wouldn't be "voluntarily" forfeited without good reason.
  • Jackie O 2011/02/19 04:33:10
    Jackie O
    No...it's all lies. They have no proof but it's the internet, they can say whatever they want to without any proof. And truthfully, if they don't knock it off, they will only turn more and more people away from their causes and ideals.
  • Boris D. Jackie O 2011/02/19 05:10:34
    Boris D.
    +4
    They are both not authorized to practice law currently.

Click on my links above.
  • Jackie O Boris D. 2011/02/19 21:24:08
    Jackie O
    And why would they? I know your law license must be renewed and once they've left the White House will they practice again? Not renewing your license is a far cry from being disbarred, which is what the hate mongers want you to believe. I was a certified teacher but did not renew my certification...I can still substitute but I can't be hired without getting re-certified.
  • Boris D. Jackie O 2011/02/19 23:50:12
    Boris D.
    +2
    Full Former name(s): None
    = lie
  • Jackie O Boris D. 2011/02/20 00:29:57
    Jackie O
    You're the liar...you're the propaganda guy.....you're the one that spreads lies and innuendos. Be careful because the old adage always rings true...what goes around comes around.
  • Boris D. Jackie O 2011/02/20 03:24:50
  • Jackie O Boris D. 2011/02/20 13:22:36
    Jackie O
    VOLUNTARILY RETIRED! That's a huge leap from being disbarred. His name needs only be the name he was admitted into the bar with, the name he's used most of his adult life. Don't you ever get tried of looking for bogey men under the bed?
  • Boris D. Jackie O 2011/02/20 15:02:07 (edited)
    Boris D.
    I'm, going in circles now to try to explain this to you...

He lied by not including his former names, including Barry Soetoro. Lawyers should know about the law.
    What makes you think he didn't have to include former names in the section that asks for former names?
    That is grounds for being disbarred.
  • jeff Jackie O 2013/02/26 01:37:40
    jeff
    +1
    If that were so both the obamas would be in jail by now, the truth.
  • RED DAWN Jackie O 2011/02/19 16:50:57 (edited)
    RED DAWN
    +1

Michelle Obama Court Mandated Disciplinary Inactive Status

Michelle Lavaughn Robinson Obama, the First Lady of the United States and the wife of U.S. President, Barack Obama, was "disciplined" for something as an attorney, and was not authorized to practice law" in 1993.

She did not voluntarily change her status to "inactive," as in "I don't want to do this any more," or "I'll be travelling Europe for a year, see ya when I get back," or " I think I'll working at Chicago University for awhile, I'll get back to you on that license." Or at least that is what appears to have happened. No. She didn't have a choice or so it seems. The above comes from the ARDC (Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois.
    Read the top of the form you will see that it's a disciplinary record.

2014/04/19 22:25:22