Should Women Be Allowed To Fight In Combat?

foxhound BN0 2012/05/30 13:09:16
Related Topics: Combat

• Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2012/05/30 19:37:02
    Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    +13
    I would like to say yes and be fair but it is just common sense that they would jeopardize some missions. Not there own actions, but the actions of the males around them. Regardless of how professional they can be... You spend close to a year surrounded by 90% dudes and your reactions to a woman are primal and uncontrollable.

-Men would put the female above the mission when he should save thousands and just let her die.
    -Men in charge would sacrifice too many men trying to save one woman.
    -Men would be overly heroic to try and impress woman.
    -As a logistical issue it would cost more. Unless she is happy living in an environment totally made for males and not the least bit sensitive to her special needs.
    -Men in charge of her would more than likely give her special treatment and cause problems with unit cohesion.

The list could go on. I wish it were fair, but it logistically is just not smart.

• Walter Harris 2012/05/30 16:47:43
    Walter Harris
    +3
    Why not, we are one of the few country's that do not. The only thing I can see that would be different is the possibility of rape if captured, otherwise yes go ahead. If she wants to kill, give her the gun and let her accept the outcome.
  • foxhoun... Walter ... 2012/05/30 17:51:25
    foxhound BN0
    +1
    yes. men get raped too.
  • LAAD Gu... Walter ... 2012/05/31 00:12:25
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +2
    "We are one of the few country's that do not."

Let me put this very bluntly so that you will understand...

WE ARE NOT OTHER COUNTRIES!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tuna 2012/05/30 16:45:09
    Tuna
    +4
    NO !!!! The progressives have used women to help them destroy the American nuclear family. When Moms began to give up nurturing for bulldozers and hard-hats, our decline began; instead of one car we needed two; instead of two bedrooms we needed three; the more we got the more we wanted, meanwhile xBox and cable TV was raising our kids.

no to women s lib
  • mjkowal Tuna 2012/05/30 17:05:19
    mjkowal
    +1
    Yep, shame on those women for wanting more. They should be at home raising the kids, cleaning the house where they belong!! HA! HA! I made myself laugh!! :)
  • Tuna mjkowal 2012/05/31 17:32:56
    Tuna
    We as a culture are much better off for it, huh? Instead of parents we now have a baby mamma and a baby daddy. Instead of "family values" we now discuss abortion on demand and gay marriage. Kids going to church with the parents?? fuggetaboudit. Discussions over the dinner table?? forgettaboudit. We even have the government diagnosing attention lapses and prescribing cocaine to sedate those kids so Mom doesn't have to council them. Some government drug, the TV, Nintindo and Mom gets her quality time alone (every night). When I was a kid all the neighborhood kids got together for group events, we played with toys/dolls/tinker toys; used our imaginations ouer creativity; now people don't even know their next door neighbor, all of the creativity is on the computer/xBox/online porno. Look what we have become, we're not in Kansas anymore Toto.
    we re not in kansas anymore
  • mjkowal Tuna 2012/05/31 19:31:59
    mjkowal
    So.... women gaining equal rights is the fault of all of the problems of the modern family? What role do men play in this blame game? None? Give me a break!
  • Tuna mjkowal 2012/06/01 15:47:07 (edited)
    Tuna
    It changed our culture; have any idea how many innocent little baby boys and baby girls had to die before they drew their first breath to feed this culture. If any country will butcher tiny little babies in the womb they can NOT be of good moral character; the blessings will dry up. I believe alot of men tried to stop it at least the ones that think women are the "nesters" and men are the "hunters". Men gave in just like we always do to women; on behalf of "decent" men I regret it and way down DEEP inside, so do you and all women. Don't tell me you wouldn't RATHER be at home with the kids or the grandkids. And don't tell me it doesn't bring a tear to your eye to know about all the abortions in the name of feminism.
  • mjkowal Tuna 2012/06/01 17:41:34
    mjkowal
    Seriously? Abortion has been around long before feminism it dates back to ancient history. The only difference is that they are now legal. Men tried to stop it? Stop what? Allowing women to think for themselves and make their own decisions? I'm sure many men tried to do just that! But thankfully there were also many men that helped women gain their rights. I enjoy having a career and do not wish deep down that I was at home all day. I am able to be a Mom, a wife and have a career. I have a husband who shares equal responsibilities with me. We both cook, clean, take care of our children, etc. No tears in my eyes! I live a full and wonderful life due to the suffragists and feminists that came before me.
  • Tuna mjkowal 2012/06/02 15:07:43
    Tuna
    Abortion was never to relieve the accidental spreading of the legs or the drunken spreading of the legs; it was usually done for medical reasons but it was not legal and not readily available as an "on-demand" out patient treatment. Think for themselves?? give me a break !!! Alot of those poor little girls/ladies know no other way; the feminists goad them, force them into something they regret the rest of their lives, never offering them alternatives. Feminists with their "go ahead, it's your body" on the impressionable minds; you'll never be able to raise a kid, it will cost too much government assistance; good grief how many "would be" abortions went on to become blessings to all they touched??? As advanced as our culture is/was, we have got to offer a better way; how barbaric we have beconme. You know it brings a tear to God's eye every time a little baby dies in the womb. But we have free will, we do as we please, and pay the price; all in the name of feminism, feminazis as Rushbo calls them; genocide of little American babies, I am sure much more than 6 million (jews).
  • CODE 11 Tuna 2012/05/30 17:06:29
    CODE 11
    She can get into my foxhole
  • Lanikai Tuna 2012/05/30 17:45:11
    +3
    I agree with that.

To a point. It wasn't working that destroyed my parents marriage, it was the Equal Rights Movement, with women being told to FIND themselves, and live for themselves. Her being at work was never a problem until THAT crap started. She left to "locate herself" and "live for herself".

But kids did better, and society did better when women WERE at home being the PARENT.
  • LAAD Gu... Lanikai 2012/05/31 00:10:52
  • Lanikai LAAD Gu... 2012/05/31 13:48:55
    +1
    Our family went thru it in the late 70's. My dad was active duty Navy raising 4 daughters by himself. We did not see or hear from the birth unit until 2003. She decided she wanted to find her family.

Yeah, well, we are not interested. She did stay in touch with my one older sister, and spends all her time and effort on her, the other three of us she still says she never had us. I don't know what she "found" out there, but she certainly caused the destruction of our family cause my dad remarried, and remarried and step mommas are singularly unpleasant wenches.
  • LAAD Gu... Lanikai 2012/05/31 15:03:34
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    Oh wow :/ I'm sorry to hear that, that's horrible what she did...
  • Lanikai LAAD Gu... 2012/05/31 19:25:59
    Thanks, it happens a lot more than we all like to admit.
  • Tuna Lanikai 2012/05/31 17:36:32
    Tuna
    +2
    I love ALL women; they are ALL angels; I find it hard to say NO to any of them but our society changed our nation and the world. Some places they still live like we used to where the $$$ was not priority. Our priorities were family, God, and country so the blessings came with that. Now we have left those principals and the country is in decline, our blessings have began to dry up because we allowed it to happen.
  • Lanikai Tuna 2012/05/31 19:26:29
    +1
    I agree. And i AM a woman,.
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/05/30 16:30:27
    Inquisitve Kat
    +3
    Providing she meets the physical requirements, yes.
  • Cliff 2012/05/30 16:27:50
    Cliff
    +4
    Yes, but only the ugly ones. Just kidding.
  • Inquisi... Cliff 2012/05/30 16:31:18 (edited)
  • Tuna Cliff 2012/05/30 16:47:39
    Tuna
    +3
    Or lesbians that dress like Larry the Cable Guy; think they are men instead of women. butch lesbians
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2012/05/30 16:22:27
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +5
    Absolutely, there is no colder killer than a woman who has made her mind up that is what she is going to do. Statistically, women tend to show less PTSD per capita than men in combat situations. if they want to fight, let them. It hasn't hurt Israel any......or the terrorists - both of whom have women in combat positions.
  • EliteAmongOutcasts 2012/05/30 16:14:21 (edited)
  • bags th... EliteAm... 2012/05/30 16:29:18
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +3
    http://www.nytimes.com/1992/0...

Women know every risk they take, and elect to run those risks. Even though we are not in combat situations, we are being taken prisoner and K.I.A., why not let us at them and take a few with us.....same as you?

BTW, if you're current military - you are aware of how many female soldiers are being sexually assaulted by other members of the military/unit mates. 'nuff said?
  • EliteAm... bags th... 2012/05/30 16:30:53
  • bags th... EliteAm... 2012/05/30 16:35:52
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +1
    We will see what we will see. Remember, the Navy's past few top guns have been female. I know the Army and USMC have a pretty hidebound attitude, but every good old boys club has to give way sooner or later.
  • Lanikai bags th... 2012/05/30 17:48:11
    +2
    To the detriment of society at large.

Some things need to be men's only.
  • bags th... Lanikai 2012/05/30 21:14:39
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    Lanikai, I got raised in a Matriarchal society. I just have a different POV.
  • foxhoun... EliteAm... 2012/05/30 17:53:50
    foxhound BN0
    yeah they would never ever let gay people serve either huh? lol
  • EliteAm... foxhoun... 2012/05/30 20:09:13
  • LAAD Gu... EliteAm... 2012/05/30 23:56:13
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +3
    Speak it man.
  • Inquisi... EliteAm... 2012/05/30 16:33:04 (edited)
    Inquisitve Kat
    +5
    Sounds like your men need to be trained to learn how to function around ALL humans, not just the male ones.
    A distraction? Seriously? What are they... prepubescent boys?

Mind you, I do agree with size/weight... I think women should be required to meet the physical requirements... no special standards.
  • GeminiWolf Inquisi... 2012/05/30 19:41:51
    GeminiWolf
    "What are they... prepubescent boys?"

Basically, yes. Most guys think about one thing from age 13-103: getting their rocks off. It's an evolutionary thing. Get your rocks off more, breed more, get your genes in the gene pool more.
  • EliteAm... Inquisi... 2012/05/30 20:27:10
  • Inquisi... EliteAm... 2012/05/30 20:30:44
    Inquisitve Kat
    I know many real men who are in the military who wouldn't be distracted if they had to work with a female... mainly because they actually have brains and not just dicks.
  • EliteAm... Inquisi... 2012/05/30 20:49:36
  • Inquisi... EliteAm... 2012/05/30 20:55:11
    Inquisitve Kat
    I'm a bitch because I point out the absurdity of your opinion? There was no need for you to be a bitch by dismissing my opinion as being 'spoken by someone who was never in the military' either, but I didn't personally call you out for that, did I?
  • EliteAm... Inquisi... 2012/05/30 21:12:42 (edited)
  • Inquisi... EliteAm... 2012/05/30 21:16:56

2014/04/20 08:25:31