Shocking number of child porn profiles on Facebook prompt the question: Can Facebook get their child porn problem under control?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/08 14:36:21

In a dark attic, a little girl, no older than 9, appears with a
distrustful look on her face as she wears only a training bra. She
glimpses the camera out of the corner of her eye. The many comments
under her photo are telling:

“So cute!” one man declares.

“Oh yes, that’s right,” says another.

She is only one of 40 other preteen girls on a single profile who are dressed in sexy swimsuits, bras or nothing at all.

It is just one photo among thousands of explicit images and videos of
child sexual exploitation – all available on the social network 901
million users have come to know and love, Facebook. Most of America’s
users have no idea that the social network is home to an enormous
collection of unreported child pornography and sexual violence.

In a dark attic, a little girl, no older than 9, appears with a distrustful look on her face as she wears only a training bra.

As WND previously reported,
most of these predators aren’t merely looking at child pornography
images. A 2007 Federal Bureau of Prisons study in which psychologists
conducted an in-depth survey of online offenders’ sexual behavior,
revealed that 85 percent of convicted Internet offenders said they had
committed acts of sexual abuse against minors, from inappropriate
touching to rape.

The U.S. Department of Justice explains:

Unfortunately, the child pornography market exploded in
the advent of the Internet and advanced digital technology. The Internet
provides ground for individuals to create, access, and share child
sexual abuse images worldwide at the click of a button. … Child
pornography offenders can connect on Internet networks and forums to
share their interests, desires, and experiences abusing children in
addition to selling, sharing, and trading images.

Read More: http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/can-facebooks-child-por...

• sandra 2012/05/14 12:24:57
  • JoeBtfsplk 2012/05/09 11:18:51
    Facebook should:
    JoeBtfsplk
    Facehook
  • starguide 2012/05/09 04:09:40
    Facebook should:
    starguide
    montior
  • Rebel 2012/05/09 00:08:59
    No they will not
    Rebel
    +2
    It's a (sick) unwinnable war. Facebook cannot control it without mass censorship that would destroy their credibility and usage of a site. Their users would simply move to the next big thing. I think Google has more of an issue than facebook personally.
  • Texas Gal 2012/05/09 00:04:25
    Facebook should:
    Texas Gal
    +2
    They hopefully are turning over what information they have to the authorities so that the scum bags who post that sort of thing can be caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. That is why I won't post pictures of my family online. I have discussed this with other family members. I don't want some scum bag looking at my family pictures - and for sure not my younger family members. I wish people would realize that when they put pictures of their children on their Facebook (or any type of site) page that those pictures may be copied - and then used by whomever wants to use them in whatever way they choose. Once your pictures are out there you can't take them back.
    Yes they will get it under control
    +1
    hope so
  • ProVega 2012/05/08 20:21:07
    Facebook should:
    ProVega
    +2
    Get this fixed ASAP.
  • Sean 2012/05/08 19:47:49
    Facebook should:
    Sean
    +1
    It saddens that most of my fellow Earth Tenants are statists, makes me wonder about the entire collective worth of the human population.

What's the definition of insanity?!

The reason I bring that up is because statism is a FAILED system, always has been, NEVER has produced good results, and never will! What makes you statists of the planet think that confining someone to a concentration camp for aberrant behavior will solve the problem, when to this point it hasn't?! And concentration camps waste land, and resources! Resources that would be better used proving Free Housing for people, or as Aeroponic Facilities to provide FREE organic food for people!

Pedophilia is a strange phenomenon, any adult who gets sexually aroused by a 7 year old has got something wrong with them, they have a biochemical imbalance in their brain, and we need to figure a SCIENTIFIC solution to the problem, NOT a STATIST solution which in reality is NOT a solution at all because there NOTHING scientific about ANYTHING governments do, governments are NOT in the business of solving problems because solving problems WOULD PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS! Which is exactly what needs to happen!

As to whether or not the admin on Facebook is being responsible, As an ANARCHIST and one who LIVES by the definition...

What's the definition of insanity?!

As to whether or not the admin on Facebook is being responsible, As an ANARCHIST and one who LIVES by the definition of the term, I am for ELIMINATING the admin on sites like Facebook, This one we're all on right now, and all other websites on the internet! I am staunchly opposed to all forms of rulership, NOT just governments, I am Against Governments, Corporations, Academic Institutions, Religions, Security in Buildings, Bouncers in Nightclubs, Management office in apartment complexes, Landlords, Business Men, etc!

The best way to resolve the issue people on Facebook you STATISTS on here are complaining about which is NOT exclusive to Facebook (I can assure you, if you search this site, you'll find pedophiles on here too) is allow the users of the site freedom to speak against people like that, to alert other users of the site, if you're a parent, don't let your children go to the profiles of users like that, they will have no friends, they will be shunned by other users just as you people are shunning the behavior on here. Most importantly, there needs to be scientific ways of diagnosing, and treating the biochemical imbalance that's causing such aberrant behavior.
  • JoeBtfsplk Sean 2012/05/09 11:50:25
    JoeBtfsplk
    Part of what is causing it is the sexualization of modern society.

Thank Hollywood and TV.

Thank Hugh Hefner from the early '60's in America.

Then thank those that would eliminate the good aspects of religion.

Since it is unlikely we will return to the stone age, prepare yourself for more of the same.
  • Jrogers 2012/05/08 19:43:07
    Facebook should:
    Jrogers
    +2
    Wow! That is shocking - I think FaceBook better clean up its act or face prosecution. If that is what it has become - than take it down. Surely they can police that sort of thing better
  • Xerxes,Phantom of PHAET 2012/05/08 19:12:22
    No they will not
    Xerxes,Phantom of PHAET
    +7
    This is a for profit site, as long as they have advertisers then nothing will be done; this a corporation, they have no vested interest in protecting anyone regardless of age; all that matters is the money.

Could be stopped if users stopped using Facebook; this will not happen because most people only care about their little world and their so-called "friends"
  • Assassi... Xerxes,... 2012/05/08 19:33:53
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +3
    Sad. But Fair.
  • tweet_tweet 2012/05/08 19:11:35 (edited)
    Facebook should:
    tweet_tweet
    +4
    hire people to look for this type of stuff all day and get it removed and reported.
  • **Southern Man** 2012/05/08 18:42:01
  • Flowers 2012/05/08 18:30:05
    Facebook should:
    Flowers
    +6
    Get the situation under control. There is no rational reason why stuff like this should be found on a website like facebook... I WOULD look for the pages myself (to report them) but frankly I don't want to see young children posed like porn stars. It's sickening. I feel if facebook can take the time to delete criticism of their stupid timeline updates, they have MORE than enough time to figure out where these photos are being posted from and turn the information over to authorities.
  • **South... Flowers 2012/05/08 18:39:32
  • Flowers **South... 2012/05/08 18:49:05
    Flowers
    +2
    great minds

I know one thing, if I was Zuckerman I would be PERSONALLY assigning people to figure a way to help the authorities track these sickos down. WE can't prevent grown ass adults from getting sick sexual enjoyment from innocent children but we can prevent them from having such a site to trade and 'brag' on.
  • Pug For Huck 2012/05/08 18:20:02
    No they will not
    Pug For Huck
    +4
    I don't think they will. They're more focused on PC issues. A friend of mine had their life threatened on FB and they did nothing. I have my doubts they will do anything.
  • Assassi... Pug For... 2012/05/08 19:34:29
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    That is awful.
  • Pug For... Assassi... 2012/05/08 21:57:33
    Pug For Huck
    +2
    I was shocked that absolutely nothing happened to the person making the threats.
  • Assassi... Pug For... 2012/05/08 22:00:05
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    Somehow I am not shocked. Thats terrible.
  • Pug For... Assassi... 2012/05/08 22:01:35
    Pug For Huck
    +2
    LOL...true enough. I guess I was giving them too much credit.
  • Junior 2012/05/08 17:41:17
    Facebook should:
    Junior
    +5
    They should coordinate their efforts with any kind of child pornographic sting operations going on. This is a reason I have so very few friends over there at Facebook and the ones that I do are very trustworthy as I know them in real life.
  • Moonage 2012/05/08 17:15:52
    Facebook should:
    Moonage
    +7
    Face recognition software does a lot more than just try to identify your friends. Facebook better get a grip on this or it will compound the distrust a lot of people already have. People my age remember when everyone HAD to have Yahoo!. Then they HAD to have AOL. Then they HAD to have Myspace. Facebook's no more invincible than the rest.
  • Christmas; In Chrome 2012/05/08 16:58:09
    Facebook should:
    Christmas; In Chrome
    +2
    Take a flaming train ride to hell. That place is already full of more fakes and nuts than any other-- INCLUDING HERE! Now they let THIS happen?! I guarantee you they knew. They ARE the site. How do they not know?!
  • Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2012/05/08 16:55:53
    Facebook should:
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +6
    I had no idea. This makes me ill. You would think it would be easy for the police to hone in on these people, right?? And it's scary, so many people post pictures of their children on FB.
  • Assassi... Melicio... 2012/05/08 19:35:08
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    I know. I wonder if they can get perverted justice on this.
  • Heptarch 2012/05/08 16:05:02
    Facebook should:
    Heptarch
    +6
    I've never seen anything like that on Facebook. If it exists, Facebook should address it immediately.
  • **South... Heptarch 2012/05/08 18:36:31
  • Flor de Luna 2012/05/08 15:58:32
    No they will not
    Flor de Luna
    +4
    Facebook sucks! If people had any sense they'd boycott the damn thing.
  • Christm... Flor de... 2012/05/08 16:54:48
    Christmas; In Chrome
    Totally! I'm GLAD I never go there.
  • aherbert 2012/05/08 15:22:01
    Facebook should:
    aherbert
    +6
    This is an issue that I was not aware of .... but they need to get this under control and report the offenders ....
  • Willski 2012/05/08 15:15:21
    No they will not
    Willski
    +4
    not unless they're going to put heavy regulations on account creation, then it'll only slow people down.
  • JohnT 2012/05/08 15:13:56
    No they will not
    JohnT
    +3
    Way too many predators that are sick and slick. I would hope they nail them but not that easy. I would help in any way I could they are slime as far as I am concerned
  • Jack's Pearl 2012/05/08 15:12:56
    Facebook should:
    Jack's Pearl
    +5
    Do everything in their power to control it, as much as any other site or the WWW in general. I know police get involved in these cases and try to ascertain who the people are involved and arrest them. That's all any of us can do. See something, report it to the police.
  • Sumātogai 2012/05/08 14:40:43
    Facebook should:
    Sumātogai
    leave it alone.
  • Assassi... Sumātogai 2012/05/08 15:50:08
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +4
    Oh really? Why?
  • Sumātogai Assassi... 2012/05/08 18:09:07
    Sumātogai
    +1
    Because worst case scenario is that we lot suffer for someone else mistakes. Which is what happens in this day of age
  • Assassi... Sumātogai 2012/05/08 19:36:01
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    Are you serious? You care more about losing your FB privleges than children being exploited. YUCK. Accidental rave you are sick.
  • Jrogers Assassi... 2012/05/08 19:49:41
    Jrogers
    +1
    Wow! What a loser....how can they suffer as much as the little kids who are being exploited.

2014/04/23 15:07:34