Presidential Debate Moderators Announced: Are the Moderators Picked Fair to Both Sides?

Daryl 2012/08/13 21:00:00

POLITICO.COM reports:
The Commission on Presidential Debates has decided on the moderators for this year's debates, sources confirm to POLITICO. PBS's Jim Lehrer will host the first presidential debate on Oct. 3 in Denver, Colo. CNN's Candy Crowley will host the second, town-hall debate on October 16 in Hempstead, N.Y. CBS's Bob Schieffer will host the third debate on Oct. 22 in Boca Raton, Fla.
candy crowley

Read More: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/08/presid...

• Daryl 2012/08/13 21:34:35
    Daryl
    +30
    Once again the left puts their thumb on the scales with activist left-wing moderators.

Why are liberals so afraid of a fair fight?

• Don Leuty 2012/08/20 17:47:22
    Don Leuty
    No matter. It will only show them up for what they are if they stray..
  • Kane Fernau 2012/08/20 17:10:13
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    All democrat all the time
  • Little Angel 2012/08/20 17:07:52
    Little Angel
    +1
    The debates are unfair to all Americans because only the Democrats
    & Republicans are allowed to debate. The debates should be open to
    all legitimate Candidates.
    open the debates
  • E.Griffin 2012/08/20 15:02:34
    E.Griffin
    +1
    his is my opinion: Photobucket
  • lcky9 2012/08/17 01:20:26
    lcky9
    +1
    All they have are LEFT wing EXTREMISTS.. Who couldn't ask a hard question of those on the left cause the LEFT is not smart enough to answer them .. OBAMA hasn't answered a question for the MSM for the last 3 1/2 years.. he just talks in circles..
  • just some random guy 2012/08/17 00:33:53
  • Radlad 2012/08/16 10:31:42
    Radlad
    +1
    I see a bunch of leftist liberals. Nothing even remotely moderate let alone conservative
  • retiredingeorgia 2012/08/16 03:07:24
    retiredingeorgia
    +2
    I'm shocked, absolutely shocked...
    Who would have thought that bHo would allow such a bias bunch to moderate 'for him'?
    Actually, they'll just be bHo slanted BS debates.
  • fred 2012/08/16 00:58:53 (edited)
    fred
    +1
    These are not debates -- they are highly orchestrated PRESSSSidential symphonies with the objective to make liberals look good and conservatives look bad. The format relies upon an increasingly outdated self fulfilling PRESSSSSidential media broadcast format that puts some of the PRESSSSSedents outdated titular liberal talking heads on an "unbiased" pedestal they haven't earned.

If the debates really wanted to be 'balanced', an equal number of moderators should come from the top end of the talk show world -- the top talk show hosts have larger audiences than any of those chosen and do extensive daily personal research to back up their positions and ideas -- something that few of the liberal media can match.
  • Kerri Mackenzie 2012/08/15 22:54:46
    Kerri Mackenzie
    +1
    If the moderators who have been chosen for the upcoming debates were known to be fair and to ask good substantive questions of all candidates, that would be fair. But the chosen three are hard-core liberals with strong bias toward the Democratic candidate. I'll be surprised if there's anything fair about how they treat Romney.
  • MR. 2012/08/15 22:38:51
    MR.
    +1
    *NONE FROM "FOX NEWS?" *(AGAIN,...WHY?)
  • Don Leuty MR. 2012/08/20 17:50:04
    Don Leuty
    It could be worse. They could have Colmes
  • MR. Don Leuty 2012/08/20 18:27:17
    MR.
    Juan Williams,...
  • Don Leuty MR. 2012/08/20 18:30:34
    Don Leuty
    Ron is lovable, but totally lost. He will figure out what he is.....someday.
  • Greg 2012/08/15 19:58:11
    Greg
    +1
    Liberal hacks...
  • Mamaknows 2012/08/15 18:59:45
    Mamaknows
    +1
    Lib lib lib....
  • Groundskeeper Willy 2012/08/15 15:48:53 (edited)
    Groundskeeper Willy
    +1
    Seriously, all of the moderators are part of the Obama propaganda team.

Fair absolutely NOT. expected for who is deciding the debate schedule, (ie Axlerodless)

Yup.

I would prefer to see a Brit Hume or Brett Baier in the mix of the lefties

Personally I think Newt's idea of a Lincoln/Douglas style debate is a good one. It levels the play surface. I would show Obozo as the inept amateur that he is.
  • Prepper Politics 2012/08/15 15:33:02
    Prepper Politics
    +1
    Hell no! They lean so far left, they need a truck load of V8s to balance out!
  • Izariel 2012/08/15 14:36:33
    Izariel
    +1
    Every one of them is a liberal hack who may as well be on Obama's payroll.

Expected differences in questions with these moderators...

Moderator: Mr. President, how many babies did you kiss today? (gleeful adoration)
    Moderator: Mr. Romney, how many babies did you kill today? (righteous anger)

Yeah, I dont know why the republicans allow this kind of an outrage. It is obvious they are all liberal hacks...

Sigh.
  • toots 2012/08/15 12:53:53
    toots
    +1
    They are all liberals, so be sure and note how Republicans are treated and how the democrats are handled with kid gloves. I will use my vote to try and save this country.
  • Ekua toots 2012/08/15 15:46:45
    Ekua
    +2
    It must be scary to be a Republican and think that if one is not a Republican they have to be an enemy or a Liberal. BOO!!!!!!
  • toots Ekua 2012/08/23 14:13:19
    toots
    We have seen this before, Newt Gingrich was asked about his ex wife as the first question from CNN.
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/08/15 12:38:45
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    Jeeze, no one from Fox News? Not even Juan Williams?
    I guess this will be a softball game for obama.
  • Rod 2012/08/15 11:26:12
    Rod
    +1
    How can anyone possibly think that picking moderators from PBS, CNN and CBS is fair? These are all known left wing commentators and they don't even try to hide their bias for crying out loud. Why do you think that they were chosen? to help cover for Obama that's why.
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2012/08/15 07:54:17
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +1
    Nothing fair about the moderators chosen for this years debates.
  • KR811 2012/08/15 05:46:56
    KR811
    +1
    Only the politically apathetic should be moderators.

Liberals and Conservatives (especially in the media) can't be trusted to be objective.
  • Muver 2012/08/15 04:36:16
    Muver
    +1
    Nothing the government or anyone they appoint is honest or fair...it is total BS.
  • PhillyChief 2012/08/15 04:22:57
    PhillyChief
    +2
    Moderators don't do anything. They just read questions which both sides approve of in advance so it doesn't matter who the moderators are. The whole thing is a waste of time.
  • johnqpublic 2012/08/15 03:36:13
    johnqpublic
    +2
    It's amazing that the CON right would think that the Commission would be unfair in it's pick of moderators. But I'm not surprised. You're all so PARANOID about your "Great White Hope" not having a snowball's chance in hell that you conjure up conspiracy theories. Those moderators are veteran correspondents that have proven themselves to be fair and unbiased throughout their long careers. You Cons need to STOP DRINKING THE KOOLAId and watching FOX NEWS and the CON talking heads. But please keep those posts coming and exercising your 1st AMEND RIGHT. !!! It's why I served this great country with pride and honor. God Bless America!!! Obama in 2013!!!!
  • dan johnqpu... 2012/08/15 16:56:00
    dan
    While I thank you for your service, I too served and think their is only 1 person drinking the kool aid.... you. What has Obama done for this country?!?!? He want's to lower coverage for service members and slash our military to some of the lowest amount of airmen, seamen and soldiers. No thanks I've opened my eyes, done my research and will proudly vote Romney/Ryan in the next election. I think we all need to stop putting race into this (Great White Hope) because it is just as racist to vote for a person because of the color of his skin, as not to vote for somebody based on the color of thier skin.
  • johnqpu... dan 2012/08/16 06:02:46 (edited)
    johnqpublic
    Yeah lets keep that f--king sham war going for $30 BILLION A MONTH!!! And let's keep propping up right wing puppet regimes around the world and then send our sons and daughters to die on foreign soil when that government goes rouge. One cause for a country's economic demise is to maintain a ridiculously bloated military. And fighting a never ending war, trying to shove a Jeffersonian Democracy down every one's throat.THAT is NOT to say we should not maintain a strong defense. But at present every branch of the armed forces is actually not allowing certain rates and ranks to re up because they can't AFFORD to keep them(.Armed Forces newspaper article just a few months ago). And the GWH remark was NOT racist at all. It was meant as a sarcastic barb in the context of the question that was asked. And I don't need to be thanked for serving my country when it is a given to serve one's country if they're physically and mentally able to and desire to. This country is still feeling guilty about that last f--ck up we were in 40 years ago.That's why all this thanking service members got started.Now every body's a f--king hero for serving their country. And some jackoffs actually believe they are just for serving. Give me a break. But hey if it makes you feel better thanks for doing your duty chief. And God Bless America. Defend the Constitution Repeal the Patriot Act!!! P.S. you'll be disappointed come November. But definitely VOTE!
  • RastaFan 2012/08/15 02:55:32
    RastaFan
    +1
    Why would R & R accept this?
  • Don Leuty RastaFan 2012/08/20 17:52:37
    Don Leuty
    Exposure.
  • RastaFan Don Leuty 2012/08/21 17:18:46
    RastaFan
    Engaging in a televised debate period, gaurantees exposure. I'm talking about accepting the moderators.

Admittedly, I don't have a clue about the process by which the moderators are chosen, but it seems apparent that Romney couldn't have had much influence.
  • Don Leuty RastaFan 2012/08/22 00:11:03
    Don Leuty
    Anyone know who benefits from the revenues generated? Who foots the bill and makes the determinations?
  • Joshua Jackson 2012/08/15 02:41:18
    Joshua Jackson
    +1
    is this even a question?
    candy dreams of obama at night
    and really big twinkies
  • PoliticallyIncorrect 2012/08/15 02:00:05
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    It can't be fair when there are so few conservative or professional moderators. The majority of the media are flaming liberals who pet, stroke, and mollycoddle the Chicago thug.
  • Lucy 2012/08/15 01:38:16
    Lucy
    +1
    Why they are all liberal sided people. Where is Brit Hume, Greta Van Susteran or Scott Pelley or Juan?
  • ed 2012/08/15 00:55:43
    ed
    +1
    I doubt it very much.
  • texasred 2012/08/14 23:45:03
    texasred
    +3
    Since the majority of the moderators come from the mainstream media, it's obvious they are going to be liberal leaning. All you have to do is watch any debate and you'll see they treat the Republicans like crap.

2014/04/16 07:50:07