Living Proof That Obama is a Christian…It's In the Bible

ProudProgressive 2012/05/14 14:18:36
One of the main themes of the 2012 Republican campaign has been an increasing reliance on religious extremism as a substitute for rational thought. While the Right Wing claims to give a damn about the Constitution, they have repeatedly shown that when it comes to their agenda, the Constitution is, as George Bush reportedly claimed, "just a Goddamned piece of paper". Repeatedly the Right has ignored Constitutional protections in order to further an agenda of religious extremism, whether it is a disregard for a woman's right to control her own body (and no, the bible says nothing against abortion), trying to empower the Catholic Church to impose its extremist views on birth control on thousands of employees, or, most recently with their ongoing war against equal rights for homosexuals. The bible is not a substitute for the Constitution, and even if it was, it would be nice if any of the Right Wing actually knew what it said.

Article excerpt follows:

By: Tim From LA
May 13, 2012

I was born and raised in a Christian church…then I grew up and became an atheist. But in all due respect, if people want to worship, let them. I will not infringe on someone's right to worship anything and I hope others don't infringe on my rights to NOT believe in some sky-dweller, Yet it seems that those on the right are saying just the opposite for their LGBTQ brothers and sisters as well as the POTUS Barack Obama.

Sad though, the Christian fundies who believe in God or Jesus go counter to the true meaning of Christ, especially after the statement from Obama's evolution that same sex partners should marry. The storm of the century was cast as hate was spewing from the Christian right. HOMOSEXUAL IS BAD as many screamed. GOD WILL PUNISH YOU! Or NO MAN OR WOMAN WILL MARRY THE SAME SEX, NEXT WILL BE MAN MARRIES DOG! Or worse: Mitt Romney compared homosexuality to bestiality and was a bully against LGBTQs.

Yet ironically, the self-same Bible that Romney and the Christian right believes in says just the opposite:

* Jesus affirmed a gay couple. Matthew 8:5-13
* Ruth loved Naomi as Adam loved Eve. Genesis 2:24, Ruth 1:14
* Jesus said some are born gay. Matthew 19:10-12
* The early church welcomed a gay man. Acts 8:26-40
* David loved Jonathan more than women. II Samuel 1:26
* Romans 1:21-28
* Leviticus 18 and 20
* Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19 & Jude 7)
* I Corinthians 6:9-10 and I Timothy 1:10

According to: Christian Gay dot com:

One of the biggest defense against homosexuality was the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. There are several major holes in the theory that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of homosexuality. First, The idea that "all" the men of Sodom were gay is ridiculous. For one thing, Lot's daughters were pledged to be married to men of Sodom. Second, if all the men were homosexuals, why did Lot offer his daughters to appease them? What good would it do to offer a gay man a woman to have sex with? Finally, these people threatened Lot. If he didn't comply with their wishes they said they would do WORSE to him that to the two visitors. They were also trying to force the door down. They were obviously violent and they were trying to get at two unwilling guests. Whenever you mix sex with violence against an unwilling person you do not have homosexuality, you have rape.

And from the King James Bible, the Bible the fundamentalists say is the most accurate. The Bible of all the bibles writes:

Ezekiel 16:48-50
King James Version (KJV)

48 As I live, saith the Lord God, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.
49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

So no where in the King James Bible does it say that homosexuality is a sin, except in Leviticus 18 vs. 22 which says it is an abomination, which was translated from the Hebrew text Tah. So what else is a To'ebah?

Heterosexual intercourse when a woman has her period (Leviticus 18:19),
Harvesting the corners of a field (19:9),
Eating fruit from a young tree (19:23),
Cross-breeding livestock (19:19),
Sowing a field with mixed seed (19:19),
Shaving or getting a hair cut (19:27),
Tattoos (19:28),
Even a mildly disabled person from becoming a priest (21:18),
Charging of interest on a loan (25:37),
Collecting firewood on Saturday to prevent your family from freezing,
Wearing of clothes made from a blend of textile materials;
Eating of non-kosher foods (e.g. shrimp).

So if homosexuality is an abomination, then every Christian right winger in the military who gets a tattoo are committing an abomination similar to that of homosexuality. And in God's eyes, is a sin worthy of going to Hell. No? So when President Obama spoke up and said he supported same sex marriage, then yes, he is doing God's work. Why? Because Jesus did the same thing in Matthew 8:5-13 when he affirmed a gay couple. And it must be true, because, it was approved by a bisexual King. King James the First.

Read More: http://www.politicususa.com/living-proof-obama-chr...

• CREW grand 2012/05/14 14:33:26
    CREW grand
    +3
    Ronald Wilson Reagan was actually named in the Bible.
    Ronald = 6 letters
    Wilson = 6 letters
    Reagan = 6 letters
    Revelation 13:18 :)

Don

• Willie 2012/05/15 16:58:15
    Willie
    Very well done, but in my opinion, unnecessary. We don't live in a Christian theocracy, and there is no religious requirement for (or prohibition from) office. While I would prefer a president who did not believe in any of the religious fairy tales, if we must have one who believes, I really don't care which one they believe in.
  • Radical Ed 2012/05/14 20:33:53
    Radical Ed
    my penis is 20 inches long, it says so somewhere in the bible.
  • Sport_Geoff 2012/05/14 17:31:20
    Sport_Geoff
    +1
    Well, PP, you have outdone yourself on hogwash post. I have looked at several postings for the reference below. Please explain how any part of the scripture referenced affirms gay couples. Don't make up meanings for words or say it references another scripture...POST THE SCRIPTURE that proves......

Cause this doesn't do it.

Matthew 8:5-13

New International Version (NIV)
    The Faith of the Centurion

5 When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6 “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”

7 Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”

8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But...

Cause this doesn't do it.

Matthew 8:5-13

New International Version (NIV)
    The Faith of the Centurion

10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.

What is it?....throw something out for the mindless idiots to believe day?
  • CREW grand 2012/05/14 14:33:26
    CREW grand
    +3
    Ronald = 6 letters
    Wilson = 6 letters
    Reagan = 6 letters
    Revelation 13:18 :)

Don
  • Alec Casey CREW grand 2013/12/19 21:15:24
    Alec Casey
    So Ronald Reagan was supposed to be the Antichrist?
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/05/14 14:29:09

2014/04/20 21:03:49