Is hunting cruel?

cynthia 2008/03/15 22:43:58

• SaudiPete 2008/10/13 16:08:19
    SaudiPete
    +5
    What is more cruel...
    A fast, fairly painless death to a shot gun shell,
    or slowly starving to death due to overpopulation???

• ccangel87 2011/03/30 18:35:32
    ccangel87
    I personally dont care for hunting myself, I just dont like death and destruction, and the death of animals is heart breaking. but I wont condemn or judge those who hunt specifically for food, either for themselves or for those in hunger and need. I will however protest in anger those who kill animals specifically for sport and for profit and greed, now that is just an outrage! My motto is, if the poor creature had to lose its life you BETTER have a good reason for it, and it's body should be used and eaten rather than left to rot. After all thats what wild predators do, they hunt only when they are hungry. I also dont think people should use dogs or other animals to kill the hunted creatures.(except falcons, as the birds kill prey quickly) To sniff them out and retrieve them is okay as long as the animal dies painlessly and quickly. Also I do not agree at all with fox hunting, its cruel and un nessecary, and foxes are adorable. Plus they probably arent sougjht after for meat any way like deer are, ppl just hunt them for fun which is sick and morbid. Poaching is something that makes my blood boil, and I will never condone it. so i am undecided as hunters differ greatly. But in a nutshell, I although would never kill anything myself agree hunting for food is acceptable but all other is cruel and inhumane.
    Casey-
  • NickKolouszek 2011/01/02 20:25:42
    NickKolouszek
    Hunters dont shoot and kill newborn animals!!!!! Im 12 years old and started hunting and it pisses me off that people are saying stuff like: awwwwwwww poor little baby deer, Why do you shoot baby animals? NO! thats not what we do!! Thats poaching!! killing game species just to see blood spill is cruel. Killing endagered species is even more cruel. But hunting legally and eating the meat form the animal you just killed (which is what hunters do) is important, and is not cruel.
  • shannon 2010/12/29 23:54:51
    shannon
    okaaii uhmm.....
    why is this being promoted?
    I, personally, am looking for the most gruesome hunting photo i can find because i am writing a discursive essay on the brutality of hunting, bullfighting, racing and circuses. So why 'clean them up' when people like me are trying to demote hunting :)

Why kill inncoent creatures for sport? Its all a mystery to me....
    I mean, as well as killing for no reason, even killing for food alone is sickening thats why there is the existence of a reliable sorce of meat, factory farming :D
  • NickKol... shannon 2011/02/13 22:32:08
    NickKolouszek
    Do you know what they do to animals in factory farms?? They treat animals like......... I dont even know how to explain it, it is so terrible.
  • campboy 2010/01/16 18:51:08
    campboy
    +3
    hunting an animal and eating the meat is healthier than buying beef or chicken from the grocery store. Just thhink of all the preservatives and junk they put in it. if you hunt an animal, you know what you're eating hasn't been covered in preservatives!!!
  • Merlin86 campboy 2010/09/17 19:02:02
    Merlin86
    i agree, but when they turn it in to a sport but carry on saying its due to overpopulation, for example fox hunting. What, they dress up all fancy and get the dogs to rips them to shreds all becuase of over popluation, what doosh's.
  • shannon campboy 2010/12/29 23:57:11
    shannon
    +2
    but why cut down numbers of deer etc when there is a more reliable sorce....
    although you make a valid point.. there are places to go nearer farms which sell fresh meat so you know pretty much what your paying for... also there are plenty butcher shops around
    :)
  • Taina1205 2009/08/23 22:50:58 (edited)
    Taina1205
    +1
    Of course it is! you call THIS not cruel?!

cruel

cruel cruel cruel cruel

Whoever says that animal hunting is not cruel is a VERY horrible selfish person. I am only ok with animal hunting when you are hunting them for food. But i don't like it when they kill animals on the brink of extinction.
  • NickKol... Taina1205 2010/10/17 02:00:31
    NickKolouszek
    +1
    that is actualy called POACHING. not HUNTING
  • Rall Taina1205 2010/11/10 00:46:56
    Rall
    +1
    you should never kill to the brink of extinction... real hunters know that.
  • Dakota Taina1205 2010/11/18 21:48:25
    Dakota
    +1
    The tigers and dogs were for sport. the shark was for food
  • shannon Dakota 2010/12/30 00:02:19
    shannon
    +3
    not nessecarily
    sharks are sometimes.. in rare cases, killed for sport also
  • shannon Taina1205 2010/12/30 00:01:08
    shannon
    +3
    i dont understand why people donthave the same mind as you
    i agree to an extent, hunting for sport is a huge step over the line of abusing our power as humans above all other species..but even still,meat isnt essential, there are other ways to get the nutrient meat provides us with.
    being vegitarian, i must say these pictures are disturbing to the max though :L
  • Cal ~ Pegleg4570 ~ 2009/07/18 15:28:06
    Cal ~ Pegleg4570 ~
    I Guess that a Deer getting hit by a Car is not ?
  • jimmy "In God We Trust" 2009/06/19 01:26:44
    jimmy  "In God We Trust"
    +2
    There are more than 1.5 million crashes involving deer each year which cause over one billion in damage, 150 of the deer collisions are fatal, and there are more than 10,000 people injured. Hunters are a tool used for wildlife conservation. without hunters and fishermen wildlife conservation would be impossible, animals would die because of over population due to loss of habitat. Also taxes are collected buy the sale of hunting and fishing supplies (Pittman Roberson act) that money is used to purchase land that is set aside for wildlife refuges and to secure habitat. this money used for many projects for game animals as well as none game. wildlife biology 101
  • Merlin86 jimmy ... 2010/09/17 19:05:22
    Merlin86
    ii disagree, all of the problems of overpopulation within wildlife is completely our fault anyway, if we didnt kill all the bears and wolves, we wouldnt have an overpopulation of them, infact we might not have an over poplualation at all, it might just be that we build stinking c=great roads right through the middle of there habitats, and then we think theres overpopulation when these deer cross over them.
  • jeeperman 2009/06/13 16:14:13
    jeeperman
    +1
    Whatever happened to "thou shalt not kill"...where do you draw the line? Meat and dairy causes more health problems than all other foods combined. I would consider calling that divine justice. Research KFC and you will be appalled into never ever going near that animal abuse hellhole.
  • colino jeeperman 2009/07/01 08:40:14
    colino
    lol. thats all i have to say to you.
  • Sithhobbit jeeperman 2009/07/11 05:24:39
    Sithhobbit
    "Thou shalt not kill" is in reference to humans, not food. If you want to use the bible, it also says that God gave man dominion over animals, you know for food and such. I much prefer wild game that I bring down with the respect do them then what they do to animals to provide folks with beef, chicken and such.
  • shannon jeeperman 2010/12/30 00:05:24
  • Rall 2009/06/04 19:09:53
    Rall
    +2
    all you non hunters are welcome at my house for dinner. i'm sure we have something in the freezer hunters house dinner freezer
  • Merlin86 Rall 2010/11/04 17:09:37
    Merlin86
    I guess you were never taught about respect.
  • Rall Merlin86 2010/11/10 00:44:57
    Rall
    I'm sorry, did I say something disrespectful? nope I'm Not seeing it.
  • Merlin86 Rall 2010/11/10 18:37:45
    Merlin86
    Oh and so am i, you must be so blind. I seem to see a picture of a dead animal's but with the words 'all you non hunters are welcome at my house for dinner. i'm sure we have something in the freezer' branded along side it.
  • Ashley 2009/05/24 02:07:00
    Ashley
    Hell Yes!
  • Friend of Bill W 2009/04/21 16:20:55
    Friend of Bill W
    +3
    Not providing for your family and not teaching your children how to provide for themselves is far more cruel. A person who is taught the old ways will respect and care for what God has provided us with in the wild. children provide cruel person taught ways respect care god wild
  • Dakota Friend ... 2010/11/18 21:50:41
    Dakota
    +2
    nice Buck
  • freakytomboy96 2009/03/07 20:40:11
    freakytomboy96
    +1
    it depends i hate people that hunt for sport and waste the animals life. If you can't or won't eat it don't kill it. I eat everything i kill waste not want not
  • codi769 2008/12/11 18:09:30
    codi769
    +1
    when it is dont for the wrong reasons ,like just trophy hunting and not planing on eating the meat and to me going out and killing way more than you need ,just to kill it , im a hunter and i only kill what i eat and nothing else , but i know these guys that go out at night and kill about 12 deer every weekend all in one night and i know you thinking why dont i turn them in ,well i will as soon as i can get all the info i need to get them caught , be cause i really want to get them caught , and i got a neighbor im waiting on to make a misake to and he will regrett it to , any way if its done the right way theres nothing wrong with it , but if it like these people i just talked about its very wrong and cruel
  • i812 2008/12/03 17:22:24
    i812
    +3
    what could possibly be cruel about hunting? have you ever eaten something that was still alive? come on shot the thing first.
  • buglekiller 2008/11/27 07:12:33
    buglekiller
    +3
    NOT ONLY NO BUT HELL NO ITS A GREAT WAY TO ENJOY THE OUTDOORS WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
    enjoy outdoors family friends
  • Rall bugleki... 2009/06/24 23:29:21
    Rall
    dang ,,, Now that is a stringer of Bucks.
  • Merlin86 bugleki... 2010/07/22 19:53:08
    Merlin86
    How can you say that, are you disturbed? how is killing something, thats minding its own buisness, making a family good? how is shooting such a beautiful living thing fun? whats wrong with you? It's sick, thats all there is to it, yes we eat for food, when needed, but for fun? Fun to kill something? to end its life? what if that was your kid, i bet you get really angry when you hear about cereal killers, well isnt that what you are? just becuase they dont have a job and stand on two legs does not make them any lesser than us.
  • NickKol... Merlin86 2010/10/17 02:10:22
    NickKolouszek
    +1
    ok first of all you are only allowed to kill 2 deer each year. if we dont hunt then they will overpoppulate and they will be your next room mate. Yeah sleeping with a deer alright!!!!
  • Merlin86 NickKol... 2010/10/26 14:50:25
    Merlin86
    Ok then, why don't you neuter them all except one breeding pair to keep the population up, but so that it doesnt over populate, oh yes i'm sorry, how could i forget a simple thing. You don't do that becuase you find it fun, you look forward to the 'culling' of these completely innocent, living organisms and the only reason you enjoy it is becuase you are disturbed and very close to being a nutter.
  • NickKol... Merlin86 2010/10/31 11:53:51
  • Merlin86 NickKol... 2010/10/31 14:00:28
    Merlin86
    2 deers a year? Looks like 7 in the picture! Factory farms, or do they only kil to animals a year? we can't have both, we either factory farm (which i dont like) or we kill for food. And if we hadn't already killed the bears and wolves for fun we wouldnt have this bloody problem.
  • NickKol... Merlin86 2010/11/03 20:11:07
    NickKolouszek
    2 for each hunter!! not 7 for each. notice how there are 7 deer and 7 hunters
  • Merlin86 NickKol... 2010/11/04 17:13:40
    Merlin86
    And if your using your point of 'if we dont hunt then they will overpoppulate and they will be your next room mate' If you hadnt killed the predators for fun and 'trophies' of your murder already, you wouldnt have the problem, proving, that you're either stupid, or do it for fun.
  • NickKol... Merlin86 2010/11/07 14:32:31
    NickKolouszek
    OH JOY!! another tree hugger. Bears,deer,coyotes,and foxes have a very high poppulation in the area i live in. If there is a high poppulation of bear then that can become dangerous. and how would you nueter wild animal??? imagine how much time that would waste!! thats the dumbest idea ever. The reason we hunt is to enjoy the outdoors and get outside in the woods. Believe me if hunting was banned then you wouldnt know what would happen to wildlife. and if there wasnt hunting then its worse for the animals. there is a capacity to how much a habitat can hold.

2014/04/18 21:08:29