Illegal Aliens Working in Capitol

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/12/10 19:36:33

In a little publicized semi-annual report to Congress, the Inspector General for the Architect of the Capitol, the agency tasked with maintaining the building and grounds for the U.S. Congress and U.S. Supreme Court, found that several illegal aliens had been hired by subcontractors to complete projects on Capitol grounds this last year. (Roll Call, Dec. 4, 2012)

Under federal law, the Architect of the Capitol's contractors and subcontractors are required to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of hires. (See USCIS Website; see also Federal Acquisition Regulation) However, a "second-tier" subcontractor failed to use the system, resulting in the hiring of five illegal aliens who used fraudulent documentation to obtain employment.

Surprisingly, the Inspector General determined that the subcontractor did not violate any criminal laws because of "his ignorance" of the requirement to use E-Verify and because the illegal aliens had passed an FBI background check.

Read More: http://www.fairus.org/legislative-updates/fair-leg...

• JohnPublius 2012/12/31 21:51:04
    JohnPublius
    +1
    866-DHS-2-ICE - call to report illegal aliens
  • zbacku 2012/12/10 20:00:23
    zbacku
    +1
    Undocumented? Liar? I thought we were talking about Obama. OK. That's just a joke, my Liberal friends. If Liberal comedians can joke about Obama being 'lord and savior', I can have my fun too.
  • kevracer 2012/12/10 19:40:23
    kevracer
    +1
    what a shock - undocumented aliens LIE to get jobs

2014/04/17 10:10:14