If we need to REBEL against PC and other anti-American agendas by the government, does that mean actually that what we would be rebelling against are in fact REBELS who insidiously usurped our country from us, "We the People?"

tncdel 2011/09/22 23:48:46
Related Topics: Pc, US, Government, American

• mary E 2011/09/23 09:57:01
    YES [explain why ... and HOW we should rebel against those who have usurped o...
    mary E
    +1
    This is an important question, and one I wish I had an answer for. I do feel a bit discouraged about ever finding an effective solution.

I would liken this problem to the flu bug. A liberal flu bug. The liberal pass this bug back and forth among themselves. When we think we have eradicated one strain, it mutates into a slightly different one with slightly different symptoms. Consequently, one has to start over again. I fully believe some conservative politicians have caught the bug also.

I almost think that America would have to crash to kill the viruses. If people had to concentrate on surviving, there would not be time nor energy to pursue PC.

Not that I wish that to happen! I certainly do not!
  • mary E mary E 2011/09/23 10:29:21
    mary E
    +1
    I wish to add that when I use the term 'liberals,' I do not mean that to be inclusive of all Democrats! I have Democratic friends who think much like myself.
  • tncdel mary E 2011/09/24 01:22:18
    tncdel
    +2
    You're speaking of the rare TRUE Liberals, not the Commie-Socialists calling themselves "Liberals" nowadays.
  • D Hanes 2011/09/23 00:45:07
    D Hanes
    I am not saying that everything considered politically correct is wrong, not at all.. but first of all, I don't see why common courtesy has to be labelled with anything political... We all now what Politics infers.. slimy, ungliness, illegaillty and sneakiness.. usually.

However, we should all try to just live together, stop trying to separate into little groups, especially here in this country, My God.. this is what American is about. a land where all people can live free. The problem being is that somewhere along the way, we decided that now we have to be divided into groups. african American, Jewish American etc. etc. Why? If you have that much trouble rememvbering who you are, wear a label.

Now there is all kinds of " affirmative action" which in itself is just a way of discrimination.. and the way we cater to certain groups because of color, religion even dress...

We should be free here to live and worship and dress how we want.. but not when it infringes upon someone else. The idea that our government has taken religion out of our schools, because God forbid we might offend someone.. how is prayer offensive.. no matter who you pray to? And yet we are trying to get legislation to make those same schools allow muslims to take time out to go face the east and p...

We should be free here to live and worship and dress how we want.. but not when it infringes upon someone else. The idea that our government has taken religion out of our schools, because God forbid we might offend someone.. how is prayer offensive.. no matter who you pray to? And yet we are trying to get legislation to make those same schools allow muslims to take time out to go face the east and pray.. well, I have nothing against it, but do not stop me or my children from crossing themselves and praying to my God.

The whole problem is our wishy washy stupid politicians.. they change things whenever they need to cater to a certain group, meanwhile doing away with our basic rights.. This country is changing into somehting not very nice, and we now have a communist president who just may be the one to put in the last nail of our coffin.

We have to decide to either stand up and fight for what we believe, move, or knuckle under. It scares the hell out of me.
  • mary E D Hanes 2011/09/23 10:19:32 (edited)
    mary E
    I so fully agree with you that if one is in America or has immigrated to America, one should be an American! Period! A proud hard-working American!

Four more years of what we have had for three years now will take us past the line of no return. We will become a third world country with few rights and few ways to make changes. I know our past presidents and administrations weren't perfect, but then, at least, we had the rights and avenues to change things. But we didn't. The situation we have now has been creeping up on us for quite some time. We must, in 2012, vote wisely and show the power thugs of both parties that we will not be subjugated.

It is a little sad to say, but right now I am glad that Americans have a gun addiction!
  • Razoreye001 2011/09/23 00:35:09
    NO [explain why not].
    Razoreye001
    +1
    I stand with the federal government against the conservative's who want to destroy america.
  • tncdel Razorey... 2011/09/23 01:06:08
    tncdel
    +2
    None do. Who you stand with are the haters of America who have infiltrated and usurped the federal government. There's no cleaning it up. So that makes YOU a traitor too.
  • Razorey... tncdel 2011/09/23 22:37:22
    Razoreye001
    I just think america needs to evolve to become something greater, If we weaken our government then we will fall apart.
  • mary E Razorey... 2011/09/23 10:40:03
    mary E
    +1
    Hello, Gregory! It has been a while since our postings crossed.

Could you tell me one or two examples that cause you to believe the Conservatives are trying to destroy America? I, myself, don't agree with all the policies many Conservatives advance, but I think they want to preserve our American freedoms, not destroy them. I agree with most of their beliefs, but not always their methodologies.
  • Razorey... mary E 2011/09/23 22:36:02
    Razoreye001
    I didn't think my comment would attract the sane conservatives, What I oppose so strongly is the belief that we need to give up all the progress made in the last half of the 20th century.
  • tncdel Razorey... 2011/09/24 01:25:40
    tncdel
    +1
    Define progress. Would you say giving illegal aliens amnesty, "free" healthcare and everything else, even college at taxpayer expense, would constitute progress for our own nation?

Or how about the "progress" made by Democrats spending money we don't have like there's no tomorrow?
  • Razorey... tncdel 2011/09/24 03:54:31
    Razoreye001
    by progress I meant free healthcare for as many people as possible, cheaper college, the civil rights movement, the sexual revolution, the universal acceptance of science, and our great unions.
  • mary E Razorey... 2011/09/25 08:03:05
    mary E
    I am butting in here, but this is what I was asking you to tell me. I will address the items I believe I have an understanding of what you saying. You will see, I believe, that we care about similar issues; I think it is the methodology and boundaries that we disagree upon.

I do believe that free health care should be given to the truly handicapped. But, as for any person that has a sound body and mind but refuses to labor for a living, I don't think I should have to help pay for his medical care. I DO believe our health care system needs an overhaul to make it more affordable to the average person.

If, by civil rights movement, you mean all ethnic groups should be considered and treated equally, I agree. I don't agree with all the programs that are being used to make this so. For instance, some kinds of affirmative actions. It is not fair to anyone, including the recipient, to insist a member of any minority group be allowed to pass college with inferior scores without it showing up on his college records. How can that person hope to compete in a job when he hasn't learned the required skills? How is it fair to an employer to believe the person he hired has sufficient education to to the job he is hired for, and then discover he has not?

I don't know what you are saying...

I don't know what you are saying as far as the sexual revolution. Perhaps I am just too elderly to be interested enough in that to keep up with developments. LOL

Does universal acceptance of science mean that I wouldn't be allowed to believe in Creationism? Please, no, Gregory! I do believe in God and that He is our creator.

Unions? Why we practically must have unions! What else would stop some greedy employers from walking on us? But the unions must be restricted in their power. They have become virtual monsters in many cases. I was a member of OEA/NEA; My husband was in the UAW. We were sometimes aghast and appalled at what the unions were able to do that was totally detrimental to the company of GM and the educational system. I especially saw how the the OEA/NEA encouraged policies that negatively affected our students--the very ones the teachers were supposed to be there for!

I could, of course, go on and on. I'm just a wordy school teacher. If I don't stop, no one, including you, will even read it. LOL
  • mary E mary E 2011/09/25 08:09:26
    mary E
    Oh, dear! I forgot to address the college issue. I think a college education should be free to those that will work and make good grades. If not, they are out. This would benefit our country by more taxes paid from the higher salaries.

I'll bet I fooled you on that one, Gregory!
  • Razorey... mary E 2011/09/25 18:02:32
    Razoreye001
    +1
    yeah you did, I never claimed to be the perfect example of liberalism I'm more moderate then most.
  • Razorey... mary E 2011/09/25 18:06:11
    Razoreye001
    +1
    well I believe in 9/10ths of all you said we could agree on by progress in science I meant you could believe in creationism but people would think your a bit odd like one of those people in Alaska that created a society to prove the world is flat, so YOU could believe in creationism it would just not be the popular view anymore. Thats what I meant by that.
  • mary E Razorey... 2011/09/26 03:05:18
    mary E
    Good grief! You mean the world ISN'T flat? Just kidding.

Oh well, I have always been considered to be a bit odd, even when I was your age. But, most of my friends think I am a nice kind of odd. As I get older, I think I just get odder! Let me tell you something funny! EVERY time I typed the word 'odd,' in my text just now, I kept typing 'off!' Read it that way and you will understand why I am now laughing! LOL

Thanks for posting with me. Our posts will probably pass each other again in another link, another time.
  • themadhare ~IJM 2011/09/22 23:53:52
    NO [explain why not].
    themadhare ~IJM
    +1
    non-questionably
  • tncdel themadh... 2011/09/23 00:10:45
    tncdel
    +1
    ???? Please clarify.
  • themadh... tncdel 2011/09/23 00:14:42
    themadhare ~IJM
    +1
    just being semi obtuse. interesting question, but it's one that can just go in circles indefinitely
  • tncdel themadh... 2011/09/23 01:06:34
    tncdel
    +2
    I concede.
  • ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠ 2011/09/22 23:51:57
    NO [explain why not].
    ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠
    I don't understand your question..
  • tncdel ☠ Live ... 2011/09/23 00:10:17
    tncdel
    +2
    Which part? You know what "PC" is, right? And you know it is anti-American, as well as other Lib agendas, like trying to attract more job-stealing illegals here, right?

If you oppose anti-American agendas now being carried out and enforced by the government, then you would be rebelling against those who usurped the country from the "We the People."
  • ☠ Live ... tncdel 2011/09/23 00:17:31
    ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠
    +1
    Okay, I feel you. Run on sentences just confuse me, is all. :)
  • tncdel ☠ Live ... 2011/09/23 01:07:37
    tncdel
    +1
    Wasn't a "run on" sentence, grammatically. Just long.
  • ☠ Live ... tncdel 2011/09/23 01:23:48
    ☠ Live Free Or Die ☠
    +1
    Well, what matters is that your message got through. Lol

2014/04/25 06:03:56