Governor Walker Scheme Caught On Camera Read The Article & Give Your Input

Keeping It Real 2012/05/11 18:44:32
SodaHead Progressives
I do believe Walker is trying to destroy the unions
I don't believe Walker is trying to destroy the unions

The link following this statement is a clip of Governor Walker explaining his strategy to take down the Unions, etc.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/in-film-walker-tal...

Madison - A filmmaker released a video Thursday that shows
Gov. Scott Walker saying he would use "divide and conquer" as a strategy
against unions.

Walker made the comments to Beloit billionaire Diane Hendricks, who
has since given $510,000 to the governor's campaign - making her
Walker's single-largest donor and the largest known donor to a candidate
in state history.

The filmmaker has done work on Democratic campaigns and gave $100 in
2010 to Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, Walker's challenger in the June 5
recall election.

In the video shot on Jan. 18, 2011 - shortly before Walker's
controversial budget-repair bill was introduced and spawned mass
protests - Hendricks asked the governor whether he could make Wisconsin a
"completely red state, and work on these unions, and become a
right-to-work" state. The Republican donor was referring to
right-to-work laws, which prohibit private-sector unions from compelling
workers to pay union dues if the workers choose not to belong to the
union.

Walker replied that his "first step" would be "to divide and conquer"
through his budget-adjustment bill, which curtailed most collective
bargaining for most public employee unions.

• MsTlynne 2012/05/11 21:44:33
    MsTlynne
    +11
    Now his not-so-secret-secret is out. He's the fool. The Koch brothers won't even know or help him when he's azz out. Don't let the doorknob hit 'ya Scott!
    scott walker

• Iamfree Sissy 2012/05/14 01:04:56
    Iamfree
    Do you understand that you negate anything useful you have to say when you resort to childish name-calling?
  • Sissy Iamfree 2012/05/14 11:07:17
    Sissy
    +1
    You're probably right (no pun intended), but it does get more than a little frustrating when you sit in the middle of a situation like I do here in Wisconsin and continuously have to read such utter nonsense from those who thnk they know it all but know let alone understand absolutely nothing.
  • Sissy Iamfree 2012/05/12 11:26:38
    Sissy
    +1
    Yeah right, like the Wall Street Barons perhaps?
  • twocrows 2012/05/11 20:59:46 (edited)
    twocrows
    +9
    Walker's "Divide And Conquer" strategy backfired. the police recognized that the only reason they avoided the draconian measures suffered by the teachers and firefighters was because THEIR union had given to his campaign. and the rank-and-file officers stood up with the members of the other unions. then they pushed their union to stand with them - - - and it did.

leading Walker to utter the memorable quote, "Oops."
  • ACE 2012/05/11 20:38:03
    ACE
    +1
    the union thugs must go, for the good of the country
  • DJPanicDC ACE 2012/05/11 21:17:40
    DJPanicDC
    +5
    The GOP Thugs and Corprate Thugs must go for the good ot the REST of the country
  • twocrows ACE 2012/05/11 23:45:27
    twocrows
    +2
    union thugs. hmmmmmm. how quickly we forget.
    remember 9/11? remember all those fire fighters who were rushing INTO the buildings while everyone else was running for their lives? how many of them died? and how many of them belonged to the union? how many were active in that union?

the answer to the first question is, "far too many."
    the answer to the second is, "all of them."
    the answer to the third is, "a majority."

I'm very sorry to hear that you hate police, firefighters and teachers. what a sad way to live.
  • Sissy ACE 2012/05/12 11:28:18
    Sissy
    +1
    Hate to tell you this, but the Right Wing Agenda is what is currently destroying this country.
  • Sissy ACE 2012/05/12 11:29:18
  • bob 2012/05/11 20:10:16
    bob
    +11
    Scott Walker is scum
  • ACE bob 2012/05/11 20:37:18
    ACE
    +1
    try Scott Walker is a hero!
  • DJPanicDC ACE 2012/05/11 21:16:53
    DJPanicDC
    +6
    To who The Koch Brothers?
  • Sinpac ACE 2012/05/11 21:25:49
    Sinpac
    +5
    He is a hero when he is on his knees in front of the Koch Brother asking them if they need Helmet washes!
  • Queen B Sinpac 2012/05/12 03:32:40
    Queen B
    +1
    Which makes him a Koch whore.
  • Sinpac Queen B 2012/05/12 09:41:50
    Sinpac
    +2
    Why yes it does! ;)
  • unclepat ACE 2012/05/11 22:02:05
    unclepat
    +5
    Obviously, your thoughts of Scotty border on the wet dream variety!
  • Sinpac unclepat 2012/05/12 09:42:01
  • Sissy ACE 2012/05/12 11:30:41
    Sissy
    +2
    Well, then you may want to send a little contribution to his criminal defense fund that his lawyers would be grateful for. He's also dealing with a little matter of corruption that could land his tea party arse in the pokey.
  • Sinpac 2012/05/11 20:09:26
    Sinpac
    +9
    Here the Clip KIR. This guy is a POS
  • Sinpac Sinpac 2012/05/11 20:10:24
    Sinpac
    +6
    Who's that snob with him?
  • luvguins Sinpac 2012/05/11 20:23:38
    luvguins
    +8
    Beloit billionaire, Diane Hendricks, who gave $510,000.00 to Walker's campaign.
  • Sinpac luvguins 2012/05/11 20:27:44
    Sinpac
    +7
    She's a POS too!
  • luvguins Sinpac 2012/05/11 20:54:51
    luvguins
    +9
    Thanks, for the clip, sinpac. I sure hope Walker gets recalled, and putting him in jail would even be better.
  • Sinpac luvguins 2012/05/11 21:00:12
    Sinpac
    +5
    I think Walker need to do a little homework on Jimmy Hoffa, it wasn't that long ago!
  • Keeping... Sinpac 2012/05/11 21:22:49
    Keeping It Real
    +6
    I just posted the video! thanks in glitter
  • PoliticallyIncorrect 2012/05/11 20:01:09 (edited)
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    It's not a matter of trying to destroy the unions. They do play a part in protecting workers, but when the unions demand what they do to the detriment of the rest of the population, then it's simply unacceptable. As an educator, I was totally embarrassed by the way the teachers were acting and demanding money from the taxpayers regardless of whom they hurt. If being a member of a union means that they have a license to take from everyone in their state in hard times, then they have lost my respect and my contributions to supporting them.

What we have here are selfish people who are not willing to give their fair share to their state and its taxpayers. Walker is trying to keep the state from going bankrupt. If the unions are one of the selfish, ego-centric groups that needs its house cleaned because they won't do it themselves, then so be it.
  • Dana Politic... 2012/05/11 20:45:04
    Dana
    +6
    Here is why I support the unions:

I was a professional firefighter for a very large city when I was severely burned in a multi dwelling arson fire started w/ kerosene. I was taken to the burn unit by paramedics. It was on the news, top story for several days w/ updates etc, kind of a big deal at the time. 2 days later while in the burn unit, I am told by the hospital that the city has denied covering my care, and I am now an indigent patient. My pay was also stopped, and I was told I was now unemployed. Why? Some pencil pusher decided to play the game to see if they could intimidate me, blame me for my own injuries, and get me to pay the hospital bills. Of course I was physically in no position to fight them, and they counted on that. But I was lucky enough to have a strong union on my side. 1 phone call, and they had an attorney on this immediately and within 24 hours I was reinstated in my job again, back on the payroll, and the hospital bills would be covered. Many months of recovery from the burns but I did make it back on the job. I am retired now, but still a member of the union and will always be a big supporter of them. Some may be crooked, but most are there doing an excellent job for the workers.
  • Iamfree Dana 2012/05/11 21:10:51
    Iamfree
    +1
    The reality is that you didn't need the union for this. One phone call by your spouse (or whoever was caring for you at the time) to an attorney would have accomplished the same thing.
  • unclepat Iamfree 2012/05/11 22:10:51
    unclepat
    +5
    Actually, the reality is is that she said she became an INDIGENT patient. As in NO MONEY. It's a good thing her union looked out for her because she'd have to PAY a LAWYER to get this done.
  • Dana Iamfree 2012/05/11 22:28:10
    Dana
    +4
    Was single, and had no money to pay an attorney... you do know the minimum you pay for a retainer is $1500, usually more and average $200-$300/hour for them to attempt to do anything and your chances are 50/50 if anything will be accomplished before they use up that retainer money of $1500 or more. I would have had to find an attorney, and somehow get myself to their office, unable to even walk at the time, in burn unit, going through daily debridements, etc etc..Not exactly wanting to deal with ANYTHING else, can you understand this? The unions attorney knew exactly who to call at the city offices and fixed it immediately, did not cost me one red cent or any time at all. 1 phone call to the union office, and it was done. Not only did they get this corrected immediately, they even sent me a card signed by all at the union office and a gigantic bouquet of flowers too.

You can support that scum bag walker all you want to, but in my opinion that makes you no better than he is.
  • Queen B Dana 2012/05/12 14:40:16
    Queen B
    +2
    Amen sister! Those who receive the exact same benefits that are fought for by union members, yet deride the union and its members for being "greedy" can just stfu. Let them go work for some company or charter school that has no union representation and if they get their ass fired with no due process, or the boss decides his offspring needs a job, so someone has to go to make room for junior, oh well! Too bad, soooo sad.
  • Dana Queen B 2012/05/12 17:02:11 (edited)
    Dana
    +2
    You are so correct and they just do not see it, or maybe even care? I think of the coal miners, the ones who died in those horrible accidents during the Bush years. They were not allowed to be in a union and the coal mine owners flat out refused to comply w/ safety regulations, and all those men are dead now.

I bet their families wished now they had been able to be protected by a union.

And that's all the union really does, protect the workers and level the playing field to act as a united voice of it's members. Sure there are some unions who are not so good, greed and stupidity prevail in many circumstances. But for the most part unions are necessary and for the politicians to do what they have to them is criminal.
  • unclepat Dana 2012/05/11 22:09:05
    unclepat
    +3
    Sorry to hear of this story while I'm also glad that you've made it back. Down here in South Florida there was an incident involving a State Trooper whose car was rear ended on the Fl. Turnpike and blew up. He suffered almost exactly the same way you did but thanks eventually to UNION POWER, he too was reinstated and had his bills covered. I really can't understand, for the life of me, why these damned right wingers give all this lip service about our nations first responders, while trying to screw them over.
  • Dana unclepat 2012/05/11 22:33:40
    Dana
    +5
    Here is what is worse! My uncle in law.... is a union member, same one I was, and that blithering idiotic RWNJ is a tea bagging union hater now. But by God, he would cry bloody murder if the union did not come to his aid if he needed them. And that union is so devoted to all the firefighters, they would still help the ones who did not pay their dues or support them.

Thank you for your super kind words, it was long ago, and I made a full recovery, but ended up getting hurt worse and unable to recover from a serious back injury, and was retired out. I still miss the job and all the wonderful people, they are fabulous!
  • unclepat Dana 2012/05/11 22:45:07 (edited)
    unclepat
    +5
    Stay strong dear. I never thought the day would come when for some reason people want to BLAME police, firefighters, garbage men janitors, custodians and for crissakes, TEACHERS for all that ails this country! Boy how skewed the RWNJ's have become in their thinking!
  • Dana unclepat 2012/05/12 03:22:45 (edited)
    Dana
    +4
    I agree with you 100%, it is a disgrace. The dept I worked on, has been dragged through the coals by some RWNJ local in politics down there... (not remembering his position, brain fade... sorry..) but for the last few years he has done nothing but spread outrageous lies in the press stating that the firefighters are making these huge salaries, I mean.... claiming they are making double or more than a top step F/F is actually making.... and he has the voters believe this garbage and for the first time in that depts very long history of service, the firefighters are now hated by the public! My ex lives there and he actually had the nerve to spew that crap at me.... and he knows damn well how much I actually made and what my retirement is now... which is below the national poverty level.

But the lies worked, and worked so well, that funding was decreased dramatically and several truck companies and engine companies had to be closed. A crew can now be manned by 3 instead of 4.... which is insane, and in some stations, they have 1 crew instead of 2.... have both a truck and an engine... and the crew can only take one to the fire and have to choose. That is totally nuts. The tax payers are losing quality services from one of the most highly trained depts in the country. And the fire...

But the lies worked, and worked so well, that funding was decreased dramatically and several truck companies and engine companies had to be closed. A crew can now be manned by 3 instead of 4.... which is insane, and in some stations, they have 1 crew instead of 2.... have both a truck and an engine... and the crew can only take one to the fire and have to choose. That is totally nuts. The tax payers are losing quality services from one of the most highly trained depts in the country. And the firefighters are getting the shaft w/ less man power, smaller safety net, and the general public actually hating them and blaming them instead of appreciating them putting their lives on the line for them daily. All because some nut wants to lie for political gain.
  • Politic... Dana 2012/05/12 01:53:23
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    If the unions stayed out of politics and weren't so crooked, I'd agree that they are of high value. Since they have become extortionists, I have little use for them. How many times has a lousy teacher or other worker been protected by the union? Too many to count that I've had experience with. The UAW was instrumental in helping bring American car industries to their knees and opened the door for foreign cars. Big salaries and producing crappy cars under the protection of the UAW drove the nail in the coffin. I appreciate what they did for you and I certainly appreciate your service to your community, but collective bargaining is the one tenet that they are screaming about having the right to do. Extortion has no place in our country. They contribute big money to the liberal progressive politicians and get favors for that money. Dirty and corrupt politicians are currently ruining this country, aided and abetted by unions.

I hope that your health is good and that you are able to enjoy that retirement.
  • Dana Politic... 2012/05/12 04:22:33
    Dana
    +1
    First... I want to thank YOU for your very kind and supportive words. :)

On crooked unions, I know some are crooked and on protecting bad teachers, I know this does happen. We have one horrible teacher in our district, she is legendary, and while others are laid off, she continues on, lazy and abusive to the kids, and her students are always way behind where they should be. (My boy was in her class too, and I could tell you stories that would blow your mind.) But here was the craziest part... everyone said it was the union that protected her and maybe they did. But I complained to the school principal and she was the one protecting this teacher and she is the one who made certain that when the whole school was closed and every other teacher was laid off,, that this one lousy teacher was the only one to be hired into the other school, displacing another who was excellent, union was never involved in it... it was school board politics and God knows what else. She is still there and her students are suffering, and the other teacher of same grade has no more room in her class for anymore kids who have been pulled from the whacked teacher... they literally can't squeeze another desk in there. Kids leave their jackets and back packs outside since there is not another inch of room. ...

On crooked unions, I know some are crooked and on protecting bad teachers, I know this does happen. We have one horrible teacher in our district, she is legendary, and while others are laid off, she continues on, lazy and abusive to the kids, and her students are always way behind where they should be. (My boy was in her class too, and I could tell you stories that would blow your mind.) But here was the craziest part... everyone said it was the union that protected her and maybe they did. But I complained to the school principal and she was the one protecting this teacher and she is the one who made certain that when the whole school was closed and every other teacher was laid off,, that this one lousy teacher was the only one to be hired into the other school, displacing another who was excellent, union was never involved in it... it was school board politics and God knows what else. She is still there and her students are suffering, and the other teacher of same grade has no more room in her class for anymore kids who have been pulled from the whacked teacher... they literally can't squeeze another desk in there. Kids leave their jackets and back packs outside since there is not another inch of room. All of this was done due to lack of funding and the kids from our area are all bused into this other school, and all the classes were literally doubled up, not one single new teacher was hired, (excepting Miss Crazy, and she displaced one) for an entire school being added in. The kids are nothing but a number to that school, quality education does not even count for anything anymore.

On the auto industry.... lots of causes for their downfall.... and I believe it started when during the Reagan years, when so many jobs were shipping to Mexico, then some plants shut down completely in MI, literally taking their economy down to the bottom and it has yet to recover. My family is in MI, and they depended on those auto worker jobs and actually thought they would last forever.

Please read my post above about what happened to the fire dept I worked for, regarding politics and undermining the entire dept, while blaming the union and the firefighters themselves. Please do read it and again, thank you for your kind words. :)
  • Politic... Dana 2012/05/12 12:07:09
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    You're welcome about the words and they are sincerely meant.

I see the good with unions, but I see too much power, too much corruption, and the direction they are taking the country is anathema to me. I was raised to understand that Communism steals individuality, citizen's rights, and gives most of the power to very few. I have been in education for more years than I care to admit and have never belonged to the NEA. I have never agreed with their ideology and been a supporter of just about everyone they've ever opposed. Having to belong to a union to have a job is against everyone's civil rights and yet if you don't belong to a union in some states, you can't get a job. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

My current grief is with those Wisconsin teachers who acted badly, trashed their own capitol building, and are whining because they want everything they can take from taxpayers who are already strained. The selfishness blows me away. We are in the middle of many budget crunches and locally they are taking opinon polls from the teachers. They are trying to decide whether to raise the number of students in classes or do furlough days for all employees. This is coming from the BOE, not any union because unions are illegal in this state. ALL teachers are being given input. No one is telling the BOE what they have to do, and certainly, no one is marching down the road in protest. God, I love democracy.
  • Dana Politic... 2012/05/12 17:21:25
    Dana
    +2
    Unions are there to protect the worker and be a united voice for the workers as a whole. And yes, there is corruption in everything, and to me, this is capitalism and greed at it's finest. Sure bad unions should not be allowed and of course no one should ever be forced to join a union. I know this does happen, happened to someone I know who was obligated to join and yet he made so little since he was hourly for only 3 hour shifts, nearly his entire paycheck was going to the union dues. He finally quit the job, because it cost him too much to work there. I thought that was very corrupt.

But the firefighters union I was in, still am, but as a retiree, I do not have to pay anymore. But when i did, i think it was about $40 a month, and they did a lot for a lot of people. Plus always organizing fund raisers to help others, like disabled children, cancer victims, etc... always doing something fun and helpful for the community we all served. The latest is a Chili cook off... annual event to benefit MDA, and they literally bring in thousands of dollars for that organization. Yes, I am super proud of my union, they are really something!

What about those not allowed to unionize? Like the coal miners who died from extremely unsafe working conditions, where their lives were intentionally p...

What about those not allowed to unionize? Like the coal miners who died from extremely unsafe working conditions, where their lives were intentionally put into jeopardy, to increase profits, yet the coal mine owner refused to comply w/ safety regulations. What about them? They all died!!! And if they had been allowed to be in a union, that union would have forced the mine owner to comply w/ safety regs, and those men would not have died. And their families would not have lost their loved ones. That is a case where those folks died, because of not being allowed to have a union speak for them. And that is just not acceptable.

2014/04/23 13:22:43