Gallup: Pres. Obama Experiencing White Flight

Sherry Mowery, My Cowboy suffers no longer... 2010/10/04 17:07:53

The good news for President Obama is his popular support among blacks is holding steady at 91%.

The bad news is no other group of potential voters likes him that much.

In fact, 29 days before his first midterm elections, the Democrat's approval ratings remain mired below 50%.

A new Gallup Poll this morning finds his approval rating for September was 45%, almost the same as August's 44%. Obama's not exceeded the crucial 50% level in a single month so far this year.

Since Obama's name is not on any ballot Nov. 2, the proportions of Americans who like or dislike the fellow on Oct. 1 of a midterm election year shouldn't matter, in theory. However, history indicates otherwise.

Presidents with approval ratings below 50% at midterm time see their party suffer substantial losses in its congressional membership, regardless of how much explaining and blaming the president attempts in the campaign leading up to what becomes, in effect, a referendum on the president.

And since Democrats currently hold substantial majorities in both the Senate and House of Representatives, they have substantially more seats to lose. A switch of 39 House and 10 Senate seats would give control of both houses to the Republicans for the first time since they lost it in 2007 after 12 years of GOP majorities.

Democrats (79%) and liberals (75%) still like Obama a lot.

But after that, his approval percentage goes to the deep south. Support among even young people is down: 57%. Hispanics: 55%. Moderates: 54%. Unmarrieds: 53%. Easterners: 52%. Women: 47%. Midwesterners and Westerners: 45%.

This is not about race. It is about fundamental principles and the way people are raised. I think that people are finally seeing what BO stand for and they don't like it, period. People are finally waking up to the fact that BO's "Change" entails directing this country towards something they do not want. The only people still supporting BO are the ones that will continue to receive freebies, handouts, entitlements, and bailouts; in other words, a free ride through life. The rest of us who believe on standing on your own two feet, making your own way, and working to support yourself do not like the change towards socialism and government dependence. This country was founded on the principles and ideas of free thinking individuals not the current generation of BO supporters.

Read More: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/10...

• Extremist Soldier of Christ 2010/10/04 20:43:11
    Extremist Soldier of Christ
    +6
    This was a great article! And so true. I grew up as a person who has black in my blood and NEVER blamed the white race for my failures. I failed because I was in the dark and I succeeded because I have faith. The problem with liberals are these : Most of them are pot heads, gays, orgie pigs, lustful vile women, bigomy men, uneducated, educated but clueless, and they work for one thing "darkness" and that name Democrat stands for what G-d warn us about Demonic force in the earth that sucks up the vitality in people. Look around you and you will see that"potheads" are drained, gays are ill, women are filthy, men are sexually sick. These are some the people who "marched" on Saturday including the freeloaders and they all work for the one thing G-d warned us for ----evilness.........don't like the truth.....pass me by because I don't give a rat ass saturday freeloaders work g-d warned ----evilness truth pass rat ass

• Beccy 2010/10/10 20:49:23
    +1
    Some how I am not surprised by this. Even CNN is toneing down the race card
  • Sherry ... Beccy 2010/10/10 21:07:15
    Sherry Mowery, My Cowboy suffers no longer...
    +1
    Everyone needs too.
  • cutter's falls 2010/10/09 16:13:16
  • Sherry ... cutter'... 2010/10/09 17:00:59
    +1
    BO is not the leader he said he would be.
  • GinaMagini 2010/10/05 01:29:11
    GinaMagini
    +4
    I would never support a politician because of skin color. Soon, everyone will see that Obama is not their friend. He is addicted to the idea of power, pure and simple. He wants to decide everything for everybody. And he makes bad decisions.
  • Sherry ... GinaMagini 2010/10/05 21:53:12
    +2
    I could not agree more.
    Extremist Soldier of Christ
    +6
  • Sherry ... Extremi... 2010/10/05 21:53:33
  • Charles R. Anderson 2010/10/04 20:17:36
    Charles R. Anderson
    +3
    Something very interesting is revealed in these numbers. Three quarters or more of the people who identify themselves as Democrats or liberals support Obama. 54% of Moderates support him. That implies that the total number of people who do not identify themselves as Democrats, liberals, or moderates is much, much greater than 50% of the people. It is hard to image that any such person would vote for a Democrat at all.
  • Sherry ... Charles... 2010/10/05 21:58:44
    +2
    I hope this is right!
  • Anselmo1 2010/10/04 19:57:52
    Anselmo1
    +6
    There are a lot of Blacks also sick and tired of all Obama's failed promises. Most of all Black church going people do not like the way this country is heading towards forced Communism!
    tired obamas promises black church people country heading forced communism
  • Sherry ... Anselmo1 2010/10/05 21:59:28
    +2
    I am glad to here that!
  • Rick 2010/10/04 18:41:55
    Rick
    +3
    Americans gave him a shot. That's even after Rev, Wright and Louis Farakhan. How many blacks would vote for a white man if David Duke backed him? American whites have moved so far beyond racism that they aren't even alarmed when someone is racist against whites. This is cleary about policy alone.
  • Sherry ... Rick 2010/10/05 22:03:30
    +2
    It sure is!
  • shenendoah 2010/10/04 18:15:41
    shenendoah
    +3
    Black folks are victims as much as anyone else. Obama knows what buttons to push. They feel turning against obama would be turning against their race. Obama cares nothing for these folks but he could use their votes. Remember he has also got white blood in his veins and you know how devious white people can be.
  • Sherry ... shenendoah 2010/10/05 22:03:52
    +3
    Yes they are.
  • The Gov-Here to help BN362 2010/10/04 17:52:59 (edited)
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +4
    Well the education in black communities is poor. So are the conditions they live in.. If I was black and not educated I would want someone to take care of me as well.. Think of the lip service the democratic party has given the black community of the years.
    What I don't understand is these neighborhoods are not any better so why do they keep voting them back.. Think Marion Berry.. The guy was on tape smoking crack with a hooker.

It is about race. The black support base of Obama over any other race proves it.
  • Aurora The Gov... 2010/10/04 21:38:58
    Aurora
    +5
    Think Charlie Rangle, won by a landslide even under ethics charges.
  • The Gov... Aurora 2010/10/04 23:10:34
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    Precisely..
  • Sherry ... Aurora 2010/10/05 22:05:16
    Sad!!!
  • Sherry ... The Gov... 2010/10/05 22:04:54
    +1
    More and more are realizing the left have used them.
  • Captain Kirk~POTL 2010/10/04 17:25:06
    Captain Kirk~POTL
    +5
    I don`t care if obie was green if he had good policies and Americans as his priority I would support him,however he is the complete opposite,he wants to destroy America!!
  • Sherry ... Captain... 2010/10/05 22:05:32
  • Dar Captain... 2010/10/09 15:59:36
    Dar
    +2
    Well said....exactly, wouldn't matter if Obama was green, purple or glow in the dark pink...it's the man!
  • cutter'... Dar 2010/10/09 16:01:11
  • Dar cutter'... 2010/10/09 16:03:44
    Dar
    +3
    I wouldn't give him the honor of pissing in my cat's litterbox.
  • cutter'... Dar 2010/10/09 16:16:28
  • Dar cutter'... 2010/10/09 16:19:15
    Dar
    Exactly cutter.
  • Sherry ... cutter'... 2010/10/09 17:30:11 (edited)
    There is no honor amongst thieves and politicians!!!
  • Captain... Dar 2010/10/09 16:04:35
    Captain Kirk~POTL
    +2
    Thank you,Dar!!
  • JustTheFacts 2010/10/04 17:22:22
    JustTheFacts
    +2
    You can say it is not about race, and you are correct, but you know that is where they are going to go.
  • Sherry ... JustThe... 2010/10/05 22:05:50
    +2
    It is!!
  • Sherry Mowery, My Cowboy su... 2010/10/04 17:09:01
    +6
    91% of blacks still favor BO? What are they thinking? Must be the percent who are waiting for him to pay their mortgage and their health care and buy them a car and increase their welfare payments. Forget about it! His power will be gone and you might have to get a 'job'.. 'job'''. ? That's when you work! Blacks blindly follow his lies and his incompetence just because of his color? Sad! BO has pushed race relations back 100 years and they can't see that? Gotta be the handouts that are steering their position. Wait until their welfare is gone because cities and states have no mo money..because BO and his policies have burdened the states in order to pay for his failed stimulus.
  • Captain... Sherry ... 2010/10/04 17:26:42
    Captain Kirk~POTL
    +4
    They are holding on to their dream of having a black man in the White House and are blind to his destructive policies and a high percentage are getting entitlements!!
  • Aurora Captain... 2010/10/04 21:40:10
    Aurora
    +6
    I would like to see JC Watts, Herman Cain, or Condalezza Rice, instead of Obummer.
  • Captain... Aurora 2010/10/07 00:45:34
    Captain Kirk~POTL
    +2
    I definitely like what Herman Cain has to say!!
  • Aurora Captain... 2010/10/07 22:15:52
    Aurora
    +2
    Me too, I receive his emails and when he fills in for Boortz I always try to listen. I would vote for him in a second.
  • Captain... Aurora 2010/10/08 15:13:48
    Captain Kirk~POTL
    +2
    So would I,he definitely has some great ideas!! How can I get his emails??
  • Aurora Captain... 2010/10/09 02:48:40
    Aurora
    +2
    Herman Cain Intelligent Thinker try that.
  • Captain... Aurora 2010/10/09 15:45:28
    Captain Kirk~POTL
    +3
    Thanks!! :)

2014/04/21 14:59:33