Dr. Paul Cameron claims that there is a strong link between child molestation and homosexuality. He also claims you can choose whether or not to be gay. Do you agree?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/22 15:03:42

Cameron has been a vocal opponent of same sex marriage and LGBT
rights. He has claimed there is a strong link between child molestation
and homosexuality, recently declaring that
“the long term goal of the homosexual movement is to get every little
boy to grab his ankles and every little girl to give it a try.”

Near the end of his interview, Pakman asked Cameron whether being gay
was a choice. Cameron said young and adolescent boys could in fact
choose who they were attracted to. But older adults were more inflexible
in their sexual preferences, according to Cameron.

“What
age were you when you decided, ‘I’m going to evaluate men and evaluate
women, and I’m going to choose for the rest of my life I will be
attracted to women?’” Pakman asked.

“I didn’t do that so much consciously,” Cameron said. “I reacted to
my environment. As you’re probably aware, I was seduced, or raped, as a
child. I was about three. I was raped homosexually and had that
continued, I don’t know where I would’ve ended up.”

“But I do know that the culture, which was directed toward
heterosexuality, overcame whatever feelings I had, and I had some, that I
acquired as a 3-year-old, and by the time I was 8, 9 or 10, I was
thoroughly interested in girls.”

Read More: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/16/paul-cameron...

• Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2012/05/22 16:05:34
    No there is not.
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +9
    This is man is an idiot.

Pedophilia and homosexuality is NOT the same thing, or a side effect of one or the other. Furthermore, a person's environment does not cause homosexuality.

My sister and I were raised the same, she's gay, I'm not.

The horrible part of this, is people will read it, they will listen to it, and they will embrace it and further use it as a reason to hate.

• Random 2012/09/06 00:58:07 (edited)
    No there is not.
    Random
    This bloke has numerous complaints against him by authors of the studies he likes to cite, these include but are not limited to:

Dr. Bell a sociologist who was "appalled" by the misuse of his research, Epidemiologists Morten Frisch and Henrik Brønnum-Hansen who claim that Cameron was wrong to infer lower life expectancy of gay married couples and cite their own study which Cameron used, Dr. Gregory M. Herek complained that Cameron distorted the Groth and Birnbaum (1978) and the author of said study, Dr. Groth stated and I quote,

“(Cameron) misrepresents my findings and distorts them to advance his homophobic views. I make a very clear distinction in my writing between pedophilia and homosexuality, noting that adult males who sexually victimize young boys are either pedophilic or heterosexual, and that in my research I have not found homosexual men turning away from adult partners to children . . . I consider this totally unprofessional behavior on the part of Dr. Cameron and I want to bring this to your attention. He disgraces his profession.”

I think there was even a time when his "research" was shown to at least 15 different sex crimes experts who all found it flimsy at best. (Does anyone know where that is, I read it somewhere but forgot where.)
    This man is a liar and is bearing false witness against his neighbor, which, if you've forgotten your RE class, is classified as a sin.

www.freewebs.com/palmettoumoj...
  • Psyblade 2012/05/30 22:45:27
  • sexybeatmaster 2012/05/27 21:28:07 (edited)
  • chrisjay 2012/05/23 15:56:32
    You can choose.
    chrisjay
    I think you can choose.
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/05/22 23:46:07
    My thought is this.
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    I can not believe anyone still listens to what this hateful idiot says about anything. He has been thrown out of The American Psychology Association for ethical violations. He has been sued numerous times for misquoting the research of other doctors. His "research" is self published without any peer review. He is commonly referred to as "the most discredited researcher in history". Every organization he has ever started OR been associated with is listed by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group. EVERY SINGLE ONE! He is so reviled and so discredited other groups, even those listed as hate groups, never mention him by name or post his "research".

Paul Cameron is an outright liar. Example: 1982, Lincoln Nebraska. Cameron got involved with a group trying to defeat an anti-discrimination bill which had "sexual orientation" in the wording. He publicly told the story of a child who had recently been raped and castrated by a homosexual man in a public bathroom. He and the group printed pamphlets about this horrible story and distributed them through out the area. The story, as it turned out, was a complete lie but the damage had been done and the bill was defeated. This is only one of many examples involving Cameron and his habit of using out right lies.

Paul Cameron is ...

Paul Cameron is not a researcher. He is a man who has his entire life doing nothing but spouting hatred for homosexuals, wrapping it in bogus research and tying it all up with lies.

All anyone has to do is google his name and read. There are so many articles about this vile and disgusting man it would take weeks to get through it all.
  • EdWhiteSpace 2012/05/22 22:57:32
    No there is not.
    EdWhiteSpace
    This dope is a psychologist who did research on passive smoking. He was an asst. professor at Fuller theological Seminary, and later an associate professor of marriage and family. His silly opinions on gays are his own, not based on anything substantial, and he made them back 30 years ago. He even claimed his opinions were based on his research into smoking )??), lol. And he was shown to have made up stories to back up opinions. He had been tossed from the American Medical Assoc. for not cooperating with an investigation, and the American Sociological Assoc. condemned him for "consistent misrepresentation of sociological research". Even the Canadian Psych Assoc. disassociated itself from his work saying he had "consistently misinterpreted and misrepresented research on sexuality, homosexuality, and lesbianism". At one point he even told Rolling Stone that gay sex would become predominant as homosexual sex was more pleasurable than most heterosexual sex, lol. This kook clearly 'had issues'.
  • voice_matters 2012/05/22 19:15:15
    My thought is this.
    voice_matters
    he is a homophobe. there are plenty of child molested by straights as well as gays. but the hate and ignorance prevails on most cases
  • Tara 2012/05/22 18:58:56
  • Bronar 2012/05/22 18:14:07
    This is all ridiculous.
    Bronar
    Probably a closet pedophile. No one has the answers here, certainly not this dork.
  • Scout 2012/05/22 17:54:01
    My thought is this.
    Scout
    +1
    Up until very recently, the literature and research were clear that homosexuality was a behavioral anomaly. It has, in recent years, become politically expedient to remove this research from the literature, as if it never were there...
  • carolynb 2012/05/22 17:35:46
    This is all ridiculous.
    carolynb
    How come more heterosexuals are child molesters? Why would anyone choose to be gay? I have been attracted to the opposite sex since the 2nd or 3rd grade, and so have homosexuals. This whole thing is just plain stupid.
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2012/05/22 17:14:33 (edited)
    This is all ridiculous.
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +1
    While I'm not completely sold on the idea that your sexual orientation is inherently genetic, the idea that it is a simple choice, or that homosexuality is a deviation from normal sexuality that can only occur through a traumatic event is not only ridiculous, but there is absolutely no evidence to support it.

...in classical Greece culture, aspects of homosexual behavior (or bisexuality) was not considered to be abnormal or unusual.
  • Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/05/22 17:09:02
    You can choose.
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    +1
    Everything you do, you do by choice.
  • Psyblade Philo® ... 2012/05/30 22:43:43
    Psyblade
    Sexual orientation isn't something you "do" it's what you are.
  • Philo® ... Psyblade 2012/05/31 13:27:57
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    Perhaps. But acting on it is definitively something you DO - therefore your choice.
  • Psyblade Philo® ... 2012/05/31 13:35:49
    Psyblade
    Of course your actions are your choice. But if it's ok for heterosexuals to act on their desires then it should be ok for homosexuals to act on their desieres as long as it's all between consenting adults.

However, you don't choose who you are attracted to.
  • Philo® ... Psyblade 2012/05/31 13:44:35
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    Sorry, no.

Acting on one's desires - to be blunt, having sex with who/whatever turns you on - is not universally acceptable... think 'pedophile.' If it's OK for one such expression to be not acceptable to society, then it's OK for society to say others are not acceptable, and to punish those who chose not to control their desires.
  • Nonpartisan 2012/05/22 17:01:13
    This is all ridiculous.
    Nonpartisan
    +1
    This guy is really a nut, or not very well educated or informed about real life. He should engage brain before engaging mouth.
  • MDMA 2012/05/22 16:28:07
    This is all ridiculous.
    MDMA
    +2
    really??? i mean, for real? this is what he said? are you sure? i mean, people are still this ignorant? for real?
    No there is not.
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +9
    This is man is an idiot.

• Flowers 2012/05/22 15:40:52 (edited)
    No there is not.
    Flowers
    +4
    I think EVERYONE needs to keep one thing in mind when reading studies by anyone, regardless of the field of subject. Biased opinions can easily shape the results "obtained" and should be looked at as such. This man obviously has a vendetta against gays, and therefore his "study" is nothing more then his slanted opinion presented falsely as a scientific conclusion. It's bogus, and anyone who takes his word for it needs to seriously consider why they wouldn't question his motives, regardless of their personal opinion on the subject of homosexuals or gay marriage.
  • Flowers Flowers 2012/05/22 15:48:35
    Flowers
    +4
    I believe pedophilia is disgusting, I would never in a million years combine that with homosexuality. Being sexually attracted to a child is a mental disease. Having sexual desires for another person around your age is NOT. Doesn't matter what sex you are attracted to, it is natural unless they are children. It's not that hard to comprehend. A pedophile enjoys the control they have, the ability to inflict pain and it should be treated with a bullet to the brain. Touch a child, and all empathy for the abusers' well being and "liberties" dissolves immediately IMO.
  • Psyblade Flowers 2012/05/30 22:44:30
  • Flowers Psyblade 2012/05/31 00:40:48
    Flowers
    +1
    I think if we stopped trying to protect the pedophile criminals and instead protect the children, our children wont be molested as much. Fair trial, full rights afforded to everyone else but a conviction means a bullet to the brain. Within a year. That gives the system enough time to make sure the verdict was correct, but not enough time to sponge off that system. Children should be our first priority.
  • Psyblade Flowers 2012/05/31 00:51:47
    Psyblade
    +1
    Totally agreed. Very well said.
  • WF - Rumpelstiltskin -PWCM~JLA 2012/05/22 15:27:41
    My thought is this.
    WF - Rumpelstiltskin -PWCM~JLA
    +3
    This is another self proclaimed professional whom needs to make a name or get in the media. My mother has been studying the human brain for longer than I have been alive. Yes there are some differences between if you like between a hetro and homo brain. You are born as you are, you can not decide before birth if you will be male or female.

Now she has posed a question within the medical community. We have seen more (i hate this word) homosexual born then in the passed. Some have argued that people are freer to express then a few years back. But could this be a population control that mother nature is trying to limit our population.

As for more pedophiles within the same sex communities, I don't not believe this for one second. I ask this, how many time a day do you hear of a friend of a family or family member sexually abusing a young girl. These are male members touching young girls.
  • Icarus 2012/05/22 15:14:38
    My thought is this.
    Icarus
    +4
    Another sex-obsessed pervert. Perhaps he should see a doctor.
  • Ryoka∞Boy 2012/05/22 15:12:20
    My thought is this.
    Ryoka∞Boy
    I agree,to a point however.It's not always like that.
    I don't really believe that everyone who is homosexual was molested as a child but yes there are cases like these.
    Like there are cases that people realised they were homosexual,they didn't choose it.

2014/04/20 03:34:21