Does the Constitution really matter to those entrusted to Preserve, Protect, and Defend it?

Angel 2009/07/14 04:28:43
Yes, It does matter , here is why
No it no longer matters to the people in the White House, here is why
My thoughts
It seems that the Constitution does not matter anymore to those who are entrusted to defend it, Please let me hear your opinion and why you have it...

• El Jefe 2009/07/14 04:38:15
    Yes, It does matter , here is why
    El Jefe
    +19
    I swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States of America. I intend to honor that for the rest of my life.

• rebecka 2009/07/14 15:54:05
    rebecka
    +1
    they do not care cus if we take a close look at wat it says we might find out that they might not b following it .
  • Angel rebecka 2009/07/14 20:58:24
    Angel
    +3
    oh we are positive they are not following it rebecka, thank you for answering
  • Dan™: Real Change, Not Fals... 2009/07/14 15:47:46
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +5
    Because Obama doesn't like the Constitution. He has described it as a flawed and deficient document. He believes the Constitution doesn't go far enough to establish and guarantee social justice.

Good question Angel.

flawed deficient document believes constitution establish guarantee social justice angel
  • Angel Dan™: R... 2009/07/14 21:03:31
    Angel
    +4
    Thank you Dan, and you have a great answer, he has made it known more than once , he thinks the constitution is flawed..
  • sensable 2009/07/14 15:33:29
    sensable
    +5
    It is pretty obvious, that this administration, and the majority party legeslators do not like our Constitution, and want to re write it. A very bad thing for America
  • Angel sensable 2009/07/14 21:06:12 (edited)
    Angel
    +5
    yes very bad for America indeed sensable ,
  • Red Lizzard 2009/07/14 14:57:21 (edited)
    My thoughts
    Red Lizzard
    +8
    I believe it matters to the majority of people in the United States, but it doesn't seem to matter to the people that are currently running and for the last many years who we have elected to run our country.

In order to preserve the union of the United States of America, we have to get back to the basis of the Constitution.

Remember: I am "We the People" and so are you.
  • Angel Red Liz... 2009/07/14 21:07:57
    Angel
    +5
    so true Red Lizzard ,well said
  • Tiffany 2009/07/14 14:33:00
    My thoughts
    Tiffany
    +9
    It doesn't seem to matter much to those in our Government. But to our military...it means EVERYTHING! government military
  • Silverback Tiffany 2009/07/14 16:44:17
    Silverback
    +3
    You bet!
  • Angel Silverback 2009/07/14 21:09:36
    Angel
    +4
    Thank you for your service Silverback, its good to see you agian
  • Silverback Angel 2009/07/15 02:53:17
    Silverback
    +1
    Your welcome.
  • Angel Tiffany 2009/07/14 21:09:14
    Angel
    +3
    so true Tiffany, I loved El Jeffes comment he made here...
  • Tiffany Angel 2009/07/14 23:11:49
    Tiffany
    +1
    Me, too. Which reminds me....I need to rave it. Take care, Tif ; )
  • SirClownfear 2009/07/14 14:17:04
    Yes, It does matter , here is why
    SirClownfear
    +1
    Nobody can say with assurance what the collective military believes in their hearts as the driving force for doing what they do.
    I am hopeful though and believe that as a whole, those in the military and especially those who actively serve in war, know more about the spirit of the constitution than those who don't. I can say that as I have prayed with a dozen or so soldiers and sailors before they have gone off to war that they know they are making sacrifices for a greater good. Some have left their families behind. One was a single mom who left both of her children behind. Yeah, I think the constitution matters to them.
  • Starshine 2009/07/14 14:14:09
    My thoughts
    Starshine
    +2
    Although I think the current administration would burn the Constitution if given the chance, we know that won't happen because the Constitution is and always will remain for "We the people".
  • Angel Starshine 2009/07/14 21:12:27
    Angel
    +3
    I just hope they don't change it so much we can't recognize it for the great document it is..
  • Adam 2009/07/14 14:08:12
    Yes, It does matter , here is why
    Adam
    +3
    Accusing people of being unpatriotic and not caring about the constitution is so fashionable these days. It's dumb. People need to get it through there thick skulls that pretty much everyone cares for the principles in the constitution and want to protect it. Some just do it wrong. Thats it.
  • Angel Adam 2009/07/14 21:15:51
    Angel
    +2
    It's sad that so many don't care for the constitution these days, don't believe it , make a poll asking , who thinks the constitution needs to be changed,.
    thanks for answering Adam
  • Adam Angel 2009/07/14 22:10:12
    Adam
    +1
    I understand where the cynicism comes from, I really do. Lots of depressing stuff happens in the world. However, the Constitution is like the Bible in some ways. (Note: This is a metaphor. Separation of church and state is essential to the good of the union, I'm merely comparing there similarities in required means of interpretation). There's a lot of good points, and there's a fundamental root that needs to be preserved. However, the way to reach that fundamental root can be interpreted a million different ways, and has to adapt to changing times in order to preserve the most important parts. While anyone can name a million different people who they think are acting unconstitutionally, I doubt there are many people who think that there actions directly oppose the constitution. People are trying do the right thing, that they see in the constitution. How you should get there is the matter of debate. Despite what the Internet's trying to tell you, the most radical left wing and radical right wing person in the country probably thinks that they are upholding the constitution in the only reasonable way. We don't need to become more patriotic, we need to get smarter.
  • Angel Adam 2009/07/15 02:23:11
    Angel
    +2
    good metaphor
  • Silverback 2009/07/14 13:52:10
    Yes, It does matter , here is why
    Silverback
    +3
    It's very design was to prevent the type of heavy handed government interference which is now beening practiced by those in power.

The road to disaster is lined with good intentions.
  • SirClow... Silverback 2009/07/14 14:25:38
    SirClownfear
    +2
    You are so right...
    "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." President Washington
  • Silverback SirClow... 2009/07/14 16:43:54
    Silverback
    +2
    And like most forces of it's magnitude it must be contained.
  • SirClow... Silverback 2009/07/14 16:56:45
    SirClownfear
    +2
    And treated carefully, not the bull in the china shop approach that we have been witnessing.
  • Silverback SirClow... 2009/07/14 17:00:52
    Silverback
    +2
    We are watching a car wreck in slow motion. Reckless driving on the part of those at the wheel.
  • Angel Silverback 2009/07/14 21:16:45 (edited)
    Angel
    +2
    so true Silverback, that is why our President thinks it is flawed, it stops his heavy hand, but for how long is the question
  • kitkat 2009/07/14 13:07:28 (edited)
    kitkat
    +3
    The current action of this President and Congress prove it. 32 "czars" and counting. Bailouts. Government takeover of private business. Government wanting control of health care.
    I would like to add that the military will protect and defend the Constitution. I give my utmost respect and support to the Armed Forces of the United States of America.
  • Angel kitkat 2009/07/14 21:20:22
    Angel
    +3
    Thank you kitkat, yes the Military has my utmost respect also, but the Govt will trash the constitution in a second if they are allowed to get away with it..
  • Vnvet 2009/07/14 13:03:52
    My thoughts
    Vnvet
    +1
    Actuauly it doesn't given the political climate in Washington and a appeaseings,condencending,spi... leader that we have now.With all the BIG government we have now their more concerned with lining their own pockets than with defending any rights you or I might have under the Constitution.I don't think we would be over eleven trillion dollars in debt if they really gave a shit about those of us that built this country.
  • Angel Vnvet 2009/07/14 21:21:03
    Angel
    +3
    you are right... and it just keeps getting worse
  • ☆Sheila☆ 2009/07/14 12:49:33
    ☆Sheila☆
    +3
    I think that while it may not matter much to the current or past few administrations it does still matter to the country as a whole. When we vote these current clowns out ( ALL OF THEM) that is one thing we need to be sure of is the respect for our constitution and their being willing to uphold it!!
  • Angel ☆Sheila☆ 2009/07/14 21:21:45
    Angel
    +4
    you are right we need to make sure , they know and understand the Constitution before taking office
  • TheDogWalker~In Ayn Rand I ... 2009/07/14 12:41:50
    TheDogWalker~In Ayn Rand I Trust
    +4
    Not to those in Government (not including the Military, who I trust more than the clowns running this country). Both the democrats and the republican parties were infected with the so-called "progressive" movement nearly 100 years ago, so the Constitution to them is a "living" document that can be interpreted or ignored on a whim so they can increase government take over of the private sector and people's lives.
  • Angel TheDogW... 2009/07/14 21:22:49
    Angel
    +3
    well said DogWalker
  • Warfinge 2009/07/14 12:37:23
    Warfinge
    +8
    In my opinion, Obama and his admin view the Constitution of the United states as a hindrance to their various agendas. I think this president would like to alter it on an almost daily basis.

This admin is dis-empowering the states and empowering the federal govt. Activist judges plan to bypass the representation of the people and the constitution in order to achieve many liberal aims. This is a scary time and I don't like the legacy this president has made so far for my grand children. Americans had better start to wake up soon.
  • Angel Warfinge 2009/07/14 21:24:19
    Angel
    +3
    Great Answer Warfinge, you are right , our Constitution hold obamas greedy hands back from doing all he wants, and he won't allow that much longer... he will move to have it changed
  • spiritualwarrior 2009/07/14 12:25:18 (edited)
    Yes, It does matter , here is why
    spiritualwarrior
    +6
    Yes it really does matter not only to me , but it should really matter to every single american that was born in this nation The Constitution of this great land covers every thing we as Americans are to follow , and protect as a nation even though we don't agree on every little issue within those pages its the very document that make us free and gives us the right to complain or lets us follow our dreams , and finally after 18.5 yrs in the military and now a member in oath keepers its always been my job to protect and defend The Constitution of this nation!!!!
  • ☆Sheila☆ spiritu... 2009/07/14 12:55:32
  • spiritu... ☆Sheila☆ 2009/07/15 12:45:21
    spiritualwarrior
    +2
    Thank-you Sheila that means alot to me !!!!

2014/04/20 20:55:25