Does Mitt Romney Represent the Republican Party Well?

SodaHead Politics 2012/05/15 23:25:57
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Paige 2012/05/15 23:47:44
    Paige
    +5
    One thing I know for sure, Mitt Romney is not a communist or a marxist. People that complain that he is rich, so what? Barry wants to take the rich people's money.........to give to the low lifes that do NOT work. He is not a liar we all ready have a liar in chief in OUR White House and he totally disrespects the office. He surrounds himself with morons like Turbo Tax Geither, Robert Gibbs, Jay Carney, Erik Whitaker, Valerie Jarrett, and his ugly wife that likes to spend our taxpayer dollars for all the vacations, jewelry, and shopping trips. We need someone like Mitt Romney to bring grace and elegance back into Our White House. Someone we can be proud to say he is our POTUS not some moron that doesn't know how to govern. Someone that will not side with the Muslim Brotherhood and foreign socialists.

• Pat 2012/05/31 15:09:29 (edited)
    yea, he represents the Republican Party, but not me. He is fake, a liar, theft (hiding money in offshore accounts), and is concerned about nothing but money. That's what you all want for president. Instead of a smart, common sense person who already has 4 years of experience and is leading the country forward. The U.S. was almost at the brink of depression. You think we are going to come back completely in four years.Use common sense. That's why we are in the rut we are in now. The banks, wall street, thinking only about money and not using common sense. Obama will have another 4 years to work his magic and then put Rommey in office so he can mess that up just like you did with bush. Stop voting party and start voting common sense!!!!!

NOT PARTY BUT COMMON SENSE

p.s rommey is trailing in his own state of massachusetts
  • Blank B... Pat 2012/06/30 19:17:00
  • Blank B... Pat 2012/08/02 16:16:30
  • Blank B... Pat 2012/08/14 13:29:33
  • Paul 2012/05/23 18:06:36
    Paul
    Yes!!!
  • Blank B... Paul 2012/08/14 19:49:58
  • KJ 2012/05/22 03:44:04
    KJ
    He's too out of touch to represent either party. His ultra wealth and religious views can't allow him to see either side realistically, but he's a heck of a lot more GOP than he is Democrat.
  • Blank B... KJ 2012/07/24 18:15:15
  • Arizona1950 2012/05/19 04:57:05
    Arizona1950
    Unless of course you are proud of his campaign of voter fraud ...

• wtxwoman 2012/05/19 03:40:23
    wtxwoman
    +1
    Yeah, a rich guy that moved all his business overseas, but wants to tell the peons how to live on minium wage.
  • Patriot Unit 2012/05/19 01:23:33
    Patriot Unit
    He represents the Republican Party very well, what he does not do is represent the Conservative side of the Party very well. In fact the die hare, good old boys would prefer he stays that way.

They should wake up to the fact that if they want the party to remain intact they had better get with it, and start embracing more of the Conservative sides of the countries issues. And if I were the head of the party I would start including the Tea Party Movement.

This Good Old Boy mentality has screwed the party. Going along to get along is not the way to win minds and empress those of us who call ourselves Independent, Republican, Democrat, Conservatives.

I fear that if Romney continues to allow his campaign to play the same hide in the weeds campaigning that McCain did twice. That the
    Obama campaign is going to eat their lunch.
  • Blank Blank Blank 2012/05/18 20:31:38
    Well enough, he's a success, he's had a real job and did well with it, he's patriotic and not a socialist, and he wants the country back on track like it should be and in line with our Constitution. All these qualities put him far ahead of Obama who nothing but a failure and total mistake.
  • Blank B... none 2012/08/02 19:20:32
  • Blank B... none 2012/08/08 20:48:59
  • Concerned Citizen 2012/05/18 15:50:37
    Concerned Citizen
    +1
    He does represent the Republican Party,...but even more important than that,... he represents America and the road it needs to get on.
  • Pete Concern... 2012/05/20 22:22:36
    Pete
    Obama has already moved this country drastically toward socialism, and a second term for him could irrevocably complete his conversion of America to socialism. As he told the Russian President, he will have "more flexibility" in accomplishing his goals after this coming election. I just hope that all Americans wake up and try to understand what Obama is really all about! This election could be a turning point of no return for this country. I just hope that enough Americans take responsibility for purging the presidential office of this extreme threat to the America we have known and loved. In reading Romney's book, _No Apology_, I am struck by the contrast between Romney's blatant love for and commitment to America which is in stark contrast to the resentment and racism expressed in Obama's book _Dreams from My Father_. Read it, America! Wake up, America, before it's too late!
  • Blank B... Pete 2012/08/14 19:50:51
  • Blank B... Concern... 2012/08/14 19:50:27
  • Concern... Blank B... 2012/08/14 19:55:17
    Concerned Citizen
    LOL,...A great description of obama / biden!
  • mwg0735 2012/05/18 15:38:17
  • Arizona... mwg0735 2012/05/19 04:59:59
    Arizona1950
    No he is not ... why do you keep this rhetoric up? Are you so interested in trying to pick what you think the lesser of two evils that voter fraud is fair play?

• mwg0735 Arizona... 2012/05/19 15:38:18
  • Calm down! 2012/05/18 15:29:04
    Calm down!
    +1
    Yes! Our economy is so bad that I could care less what party is represented well. Romney is by far the one with the most business experience and by far the best choice out of the two for our next President.
  • Arizona... Calm down! 2012/05/19 05:01:56
    Arizona1950
    Nope ... he's a failed one-term governor that left MA in worst shape than what they were in before he came in many, many areas. He like the Obama, made his governorship a campaign of making the rich richer and the poor poorer.
  • Dadgi 2012/05/18 03:36:58
    Dadgi
    He represents the Republican Party, but not the conservatives. However Obama is a Marxis. So not so consevative Republican or Facist Marxism. What do you want?
  • Arizona... Dadgi 2012/05/19 05:02:56
    Arizona1950
    Maxist / Globalist whats the difference .. both look to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.
  • Blank B... Arizona... 2012/07/31 13:41:39
  • Arizona... Blank B... 2012/08/01 04:59:33
    Arizona1950
    I like how you think.
  • Blank B... Arizona... 2012/08/01 10:53:18
  • Arizona... Blank B... 2012/08/01 12:28:05
    Arizona1950
    Very good analogy. Sadly I've come across far too many who in their Romney love ... are just as blind as the Obamanuts.
  • Blank B... Arizona... 2012/08/01 15:28:47
  • Arizona... Blank B... 2012/08/02 01:34:45
    Arizona1950
    To tell you the truth I don't know which one will get us their faster ... my approach is not to contribute to its continuation.
  • cmah 2012/05/17 18:37:10
    cmah
    this era of republicans...yes. but this certainly is not the republican party of Lincoln or T. Roosevelt...problem with mitt is nobody knows how he stands on the issues...he changes his mind more often than i change my socks...generally speaking he is a mindless twit...i am an independent and more inclined to vote libertarian or independent...
  • Blank B... cmah 2012/08/02 13:14:31
  • Bastion 2012/05/17 15:26:21
    Bastion
  • Blank B... Bastion 2012/08/08 20:49:34
  • lynn 2012/05/17 05:39:10
    lynn
    +1
    Romney was the most likely candidate to possibly win the election in November. Do I agree with him on all the issues? No. Do I strongly disagree with some of the stands he's taken on certain issues? Yes. I do hope he can manage to step away from the influence of the evangelical extremists on such topics as abortion and evolution, and I wish he could also distance himself from the overwhelming influence of the powerful corporate faction and focus on helping the middle class to stabilize the economy. People who work (those who keep the system going) must earn enough to not only live on, but they must have extra to spend. This will do much to repair the economy, it's common sense. If the majority had, say an extra five-hundred dollars a month after expenses, personal needs, medicine, food, and shelter-- and after taxes-- the economy would recover to a far greater extent. Those who spend money in the everyday market are the real job creators. There has to be a demand in order for business to supply that demand. Without that, any jobs big business "creates" will be temporary and will serve only as a mirage. Good luck, Mitt... you certainly have your work cut out for you.
  • Blank B... lynn 2012/08/08 20:49:57
  • lynn Blank B... 2012/08/10 13:38:30
    lynn
    Well, it sounds like we agree on the fiscal points. You are correct in what you say, I have no disagreement there. My point was that Romney was the most electable candidate out of the Republican field. Ron Paul was the most honest. We didn't have a lot to choose from, let's face it. And while there are some things Obama has done (or tried to do) that I agree with, his extreme views on illegal immigration, gun control (I know he hasn't said much this term, but the Democratic party platform should frighten every liberty-loving American), expanding government handouts, supporting political correctness, and his choices for the Supreme Court made whomever the Republicans chose the obvious choice in the next presidential race. And I'm a lifelong Democrat, a descendant of Harry Truman, and my father worked for both Jack and Bobby Kennedys' campaigns. Let's face it, neither the Republicans or the Democrats are what they originally were. Both major parties have become so extreme as to be radical. What America needs is a third party based on the Constitution and common sense, which will work for the majority middle class and send all the PC (expanded welfare, gun control, smoking bans, amnesty for illegal aliens, refusal to enforce laws they don't like, dietary dictates, etc.) back to the trash bin of totalitarianism where it belongs.

2014/04/19 17:09:20