Do you agree with Obama that Sharia law should be used in US courts?

Robert 2009/04/01 15:31:18
Obama has nominated George Soro's confidant, Harold Koh as the State Department's legal adviser. Koh believes that Sharia law should be considered in US courts.

Sharia law is the instrument by which Islamic extremists use to control the Muslim world. Here are a few tenents of Sharia Law:

• A woman is eligible for only half of the inheritance of a man
• A virgin may be married against her will by her father or grandfather
• A woman may not leave the house without her husband's permission
• A Muslim man may marry four women, including Christians and Jews; a Muslim woman can only marry a Muslim
• Beating an insubordinate wife is permissible
• Female sexual mutilation is obligatory
• Adultery [or the perception of adultery] is punished by death by stoning
• Offensive, military jihad against non-Muslims is a religious obligation
• Apostasy from Islam is punishable by death without trial
• Lying to infidels in time of jihad is permissible

• Nozzghoull 2009/04/02 11:43:21
    No.
    Nozzghoull
    +15
    Sharia law or not. Koh is a piece of crap. Soro's is a scum bag. Obama is a Neo Marxist douche. Nuff said.

• none 2009/04/04 03:30:23 (edited)
    Yes.
    +3
    check yes by mistake I meant to have check NO!!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!

• Robert none 2009/04/04 03:38:33
    Robert
    I believe you meant "no." --thanks for posting the video.
  • none Robert 2009/04/04 03:49:05
    +1
    opps guess i did... its been a long week
  • patriot... none 2009/04/04 06:15:50
    patriotrooster
    +1

the movie that every american needs to watch now
  • none patriot... 2009/04/04 06:50:49 (edited)
    +1
    eerie reminder of early Nazi Germany

Things are about to get very bad and the libertards are blindly being lead down a very slippery road!
  • patriot... none 2009/04/04 14:43:05
    patriotrooster
    +1
    that is why this movie have been out for three weeks and already have been seen over 30 million times lol spread the word and keep your head up this is a powerful tool
  • ! 2009/04/04 03:10:41
    No.
    !
    +1
    I do not believe it would ever happen!

RWd
  • Robert ! 2009/04/04 03:23:38
    Robert
    It already has...
  • ! Robert 2009/04/04 04:03:54
    !
    What has? We do not have Sharia law in the USA!

RWD
  • Robert ! 2009/04/04 16:19:58
    Robert
    I never said "...have Sharia law..." I said that Koh said that it should be "considered" in US courts.

There are many things that have happened via the liberal movement in America that wouldn't have been dreamed to have happened forty years ago.

Courts in Texas have apparently already "considered" Sharia law in cases involving Muslims.
  • ! Robert 2009/04/04 17:22:47
    !
    Koh believes that Sharia law should be considered in US courts.
    Then you said in response to my statement:"I do not believe it would ever happen! " that " : It already has... "

I misunderstood what you were saying, evidentally you were saying it has already been considered and I thought you said instituted. You are correct in saying he believes that it may be useful in dealing in Muslim cases.

The thing I worry about Kohn more is that it is rumored he is being considered for the SCOTUS!
    Thanx,

RWD
  • Robert ! 2009/04/04 17:26:50
    Robert
    Appointments to the SCOTUS is one of the biggest threats to America that Obama represents.

A small amount of yeast eventually works its way throughout the dough. Marxism will envelope America before anyone realizes it if it isn't stopped.
  • ! Robert 2009/04/04 17:27:45
    !
    +1
    Agreed on both points!

RWD
  • Spencer 2009/04/04 02:37:38
    No.
    Spencer
    No it is absurd that we would even consider this.
  • nicole 2009/04/04 02:13:45 (edited)
  • Spencer nicole 2009/04/04 02:42:35
    Spencer
    While I can agree with you about nut cases. I must tell you that Obama did not say this however it was mentioned by one of his cabinet members. Just thought you would like to know.

I would say more nut cases come from the north than the south. The biggest nutcases of them all come from Boulder Colorado.
  • Laneia Spencer 2009/04/04 17:47:37
    Laneia
    Ah, Ted Haggard's state! ;-)
  • Kino nicole 2009/04/04 17:30:59
    Kino
    My suggestion to you is not to let any of this get under your skin, or you'll find yourself screaming at your monitor. And that would be bad.
  • words to live by 2009/04/04 02:09:13
    No.
    words to live by
    +4
    Our country has outlawed the Ten Commandments in our schools and in our court houses. States are legalizing homosexual marriages. The country has legalized
    abortion. Prayer has been outlawed in our schools. At
    government functions one can say "God" but not the
    name of Jesus. Our leaders want this to become a
    secular nation without God, without Christ. No! it
    wouldn't shock me to see Sharia Law practiced in the
    USA. After all don't some Plane terminals have foot
    wash areas for the Muslim? Yet our schools will not
    allow even a moment of silent prayer...The devil is
    alive and well, and nothing shocks me anymore in this
    place we used to call Home of the FREE!!!
  • Roundabout ~ Pepe is my soc... 2009/04/04 02:08:36
    Roundabout ~ Pepe is my sock puppet
    Nah, this is too weird and you don't name a source for your information. I think Obama is all mixed up in his understanding of history and political structures but I don't think he'd be so myopic and adopt Shiria Law.
  • lisa 2009/04/04 02:01:35
    No.
    lisa
    +1
    Holy cow...........I hope NOBODY thinks Sharia Law should be used.......
    If so ......... MOVE!
  • NaMbAm 2009/04/04 01:08:24
    No.
    NaMbAm
    +1
    The Constitution is the supreme law of this land!! LAN ASTASLEM - I will not submit to islam!!
  • Common Sense 2009/04/03 23:51:34
    No.
    Common Sense
    +1
    No I don't believe that Sharia Law should be used in U.S. courts and neither does Obama. This question is baited.
  • Roy 2009/04/03 23:49:52
    No.
    Roy
    +4
    My friends Shar'ia Law is already being practiced in our courts in these United States. One state is Texas where it was used in arbitration to settle a suit in a Muslim community. If you think not, check out one case in Tarrant County, Texas for your self. Koh believes that Sharia law should be considered in US courts is exactly correct. He is very dangerous FOX NEWS is about the only place you can get fair and balanced truth today in national media. Friends check out this today in CFP

http://canadafreepress.com/in...

Americans are fast losing their Freedom.

Wake up America
  • GoddessMother 2009/04/03 22:23:25
    No.
    GoddessMother
    +2
    The English courts are allowing separate sharia courts for their Muslim citizens. This is what is being proposed as a possibility here. I do not want to even consider having two sets of laws possibly over my head to be tried under, because just because you are not Muslim does not mean a Muslim could not attempt to pull you into their court under their law.
  • Leantom, the Economic Ratio... 2009/04/03 21:20:42
    No.
    Leantom, the Economic Rationalist
    +2
    Separation of Church and State. lol
  • Minion 2009/04/03 20:39:50
    No.
    Minion
    +3
    WHAT THE HELL? no no no no no
  • Racquel 2009/04/03 20:16:31
    No.
    Racquel
    +5
    Remind me again....what country is this?
  • Lore 2009/04/03 19:30:44 (edited)
    No.
    Lore
    +1
    Technically women had more right under Islamic Law then they did under Western Law until the 19th and 20th century. After decades though the law has sadly been misinterpreted and made barbaric.

edit:If you go on Wikipedia, there have been some noted similarities between Sharia Law and English Law. And yes, I know Wiki isn't reliable but there are references pointed out there...though still No to Sharia here in the states.

But about having Sharia Law in the US, then no. Simply because US isn't an Islamic State. If people want Sharia Law, then they should go to an Islamic country....and I don't recall Obama ever saying this.
  • Robert Lore 2009/04/03 19:54:01
    Robert
    +1
    You don't recall Obama saying what? I didn't mention anything Obama "said," but that he nominated Harold Koh (as legal advisor for the State Department), who allegedly said that Sharia law should be considered in US courts. Assuming Koh was properly vetted, Obama should be well apprised of his beliefs and values.
  • Common ... Robert 2009/04/03 23:53:42
    Common Sense
    Your question starts "Do you agree with Obama.." insinuating that Obama wants Sharia Law in U.S. courts. Maybe think about re-phrasing the question next time so you don't get so many kneejerk reactions.
  • Lore Common ... 2009/04/05 21:06:41 (edited)
    Lore
    Thank You. That's what I read too.
  • Judge2008 2009/04/03 19:24:08
    No.
    Judge2008
    +1
    HELL NO!!! Separation of government and Religion???
  • Texas Johnny 2009/04/03 18:43:44 (edited)
    No.
    Texas Johnny
    +2
    These Trans-Nationals think our Constiution is old and useless and it should evolve in accordance with world law. Sharia Law? I don't think so!
    Our country's legal system may be flawed but it sure beats any one elses Harold Koh is as much of a threat to our nation's laws and traditions as Hitler ,Hirohito and Stalin. If he gets appointed, say goodbye to your gun rights and your ability to live your life they way you see fit. Koh is in league with dictators and despots.... and socialist presidents!!!! ability live life fit koh league dictators despots socialist preisdents
    Hey, U.N. You can have my gun after I am finished!
    Let me unload it on you first!!!!
  • JivinGene 2009/04/03 17:57:37
    No.
    JivinGene
    +4
    Not no, but HELL NO!!!!!!

This is America, if they are legal citizens of America, they follow and are judged on OUR laws not their Relgious law..

Which would also be against our own constitution with the separation of church and state.. which we all know that the ACLU loves to bring this little tid-bit..

I do not believe even Obama would/could even begin to agree with this.
  • thomas 2009/04/03 17:46:45
    No.
    thomas
    +2
    only if you want civilization to regress1,400 years
  • Kanaka Rican - Now's the ti... 2009/04/03 16:47:01 (edited)
    No.
    Kanaka Rican - Now's the time for ACTION
    +5
    this is absurd! People need to start getting back to good old fashion basic morals and values...cause look what is going on now! Where is this country going to be in the next 4 years from now?
  • Racquel Kanaka ... 2009/04/03 20:21:07 (edited)
    Racquel
    +1
    OOOh ooh !!!! Mr. Cotter!!! Mr. Cotter!!!!! oooh ooh cotter cotter

Yes, Arnold, What's the answer? oooh ooh cotter cotter httpjoessmith typepad arnold answer oooh ooh cotter cotter httpjoessmith typepad arnold answer
  • Kanaka ... Racquel 2009/04/04 17:17:41
    +2
    Ohhhhhh WOW! You are responding with this answer to "People need to start getting back to good old fashion basic morals and values" I wouldn't wanna have my children around anyone with an outlook like yours.....ignorance is bliss huh?
  • Racquel Kanaka ... 2009/04/04 17:27:01
    Racquel
    +1
    I call em' as I see em'.
    And if you bring up your kids with the "do what you want and don't expect consequences for you actions" attitude, then I wouldn't want you brats around me either!

2014/04/18 10:46:24