Did you see the Shep Smith smackdown on how Obama, Geithner and Dodd Misled the Public on AIG Bonuses ?

Queen Bee 2009/03/22 13:55:11
It's a must see:

• Friday 2009/03/22 16:32:08
    Yes, I saw the Sheppard Smith broadcast, and he's absolutely right.
    Friday
    +23
    Liberals can never own any failures! Even though every thing Liberals attempt fails, it's always someone else's failure! That's why Liberals have a mental disorder! Keeping the blame deflected! Where is George Bush when they need him? fails elses failure liberals mental disorder blame deflected george bush

• Winghunter 2009/06/11 16:44:27
    Winghunter
    +1
    Well, whaddya' know, Shep finally gets something right.

BUT, here's two examples he didn't;

Shep Smith attacks right-wing 'crazies'
    http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=P...
  • BlondieBrownEyes 2009/05/07 19:56:00
  • ♐☆ ♥ Deni ♥☆♐ 2009/04/07 15:22:58
    ♐☆ ♥ Deni ♥☆♐
    +1
    I didnt see it but this is what I think:
    how come they didn't scream bloody murder when the top people of Fanny and Freddie walked away with billions??? they are government workers and government workers NEVER receive bonuses. Get 'em Shep!!!
  • Jet N TN 2009/04/06 21:11:48
    Jet N TN
    +1
    Also saw the ($1 a year) AIG CEO drilled by Congress. He was the only sane person in the room. Won't go into a lot of detail, but truth is that, although I'm sure there is plenty of blame to go around--the primary culprits in this whole fiasco are the folks in Washington trying to make us believe that it was Wall Street's fault. What is being portrayed for the most part is a lie. 1) Why would a bank make a mortgage loan to someone that could not possibly repay it? 2) Who controls the secondary mortgage market giants-Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae 3) Who pays for the buses to send these Acorn nuts to the homes of the AIG employees? 4) Who voted to ensure that the AIG bonuses were paid? What a twisted web our leaders doth weave? They are acting like children that broke a vase or something.
  • Winghunter Jet N TN 2009/06/12 00:00:19 (edited)
    Winghunter
    +1
    Exactly right. These explain everything;

The Blame Game by Thomas Sowell ( Article, not his new book of the same subject “The Housing Boom and Bust”. )
    http://townhall.com/columnist...

Why the Mortgage Crisis Happened By M. Jay Wells from American Thinker ( Top Notch Website! )
    http://www.americanthinker.co...
  • ken 2009/04/01 16:39:46
    ken
    +1
    I was born and raised a N.J., blue collar Democrat. But what Obama, Pelosi and Reid are doing troubles me terribly. I have lost all faith in the media to give us the real truth about what is happening to our country. I have found many of my liberal friends believe anything another liberal say without checking the facts. Since I take the time to research myself I have found that our 'entire' political system is filled with very selfish and dangerous people.

We voted in change but I see now what the change is - our free country ruled by folks that are voted into office by people that can't make it in a competitive society, because of laziness and a brain-washed entitilement mentality.

Let's wake up America before everything is taken away from the builders and workers of this country. And don't doubt for a minute that the folks that contribute nothing to our country, welfare recipients, drug 'users', gang bangers and others that accounted for the vote that put the current administration in office will become a liability. And because this part of our society is useless, it will be dealt with covertly.
  • Queen Bee ken 2009/04/01 17:41:06
    Queen Bee
    Ken, thank you for commenting. I just hope and pray it's not too late to wake up. Please read my blog, "The Entitlement Disease" if you get a chance.

http://www.sodahead.com/my/da...
  • Neil 2009/03/27 03:23:04
    Neil
    +1
    I don't believe the hate rhetoric on some of these posts! I'm not even gonna comment on this one. Some seriously hateful people on this question. Pathetic ...
  • John 2009/03/26 07:25:59
    John
    +2
    Obama is not the Predident he is only Usurping the Presidencey.

Obama's father was Kenyan, he was only here on a student visa and he never became a U.S. citizen.

Obama has a birthright to Kenya/Great Britain.

Our Forefathers were very clear that they did not want anyone with any kind of foreign allegiance to become President hence the natural born citizen clause.

• American Me 2009/03/26 05:39:19 (edited)
    American Me
  • billinmil 2009/03/25 22:59:16
    No, I never watch Fox News
    billinmil
    +1
    So this is how Fox is getting their message out these days...sad, very very sad. Shep Smith: the animated mop from Fantasia.
  • mikebyrd billinmil 2009/03/25 23:51:56 (edited)
  • America... billinmil 2009/03/26 05:59:42 (edited)
    American Me
    +4
    Why is it that you are so afraid to read or watch something that may differ from your own ideas? You may learn something or be able to have something to really discuss.

afraid read watch differ ideas learn discuss
  • Dinah America... 2009/05/14 01:15:05
    Dinah
    We can face Fox news! I watch Fox so that I can hear what the "otherside",(the Twilight Zone of rational thought)..is thinking! Only Greta Susteren on Fox makes real sense to me sometimes.The commentators on CNN are definitely more intelligent,more thoughtful, and more in tune with what the world is trending towards.... a more complete and inclusive, less bias,more energy responsible and environmentally friendly future. We can only hope it will work out!
  • America... Dinah 2009/05/19 16:21:50 (edited)
    American Me
    The cable news station that started it all is now #3. Fox News more than doubles the ratings of CNN in the past year. I think People want more Bill O'Reilly or Keith Olbermann and less Anderson Cooper. In all of cable, Fox News finished the quarter as the second most watched network in primetime, behind only USA Network. CNN ranked 17th. Compared with last year, Fox News rose 24%, CNN declined 10%.

You may be able to watch Greta but most Liberals will not. I watch everything and believe many conservatives do also. I am not afraid of a difference of opinion, I find it interesting. I guess we can agree that Greta often makes sense to me also.

In the first independent analysis, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office concluded that President Obama's budget would rack up massive deficits even after the economy recovers, forcing the nation to borrow nearly $9.3 trillion over the next decade.

massive deficits economy recovers forcing nation borrow 9 3 decade
  • Spencer billinmil 2009/03/31 13:24:18
    Spencer
    +1
    Lmao So lets just paint one side of the fence right. That type of thought process makes no sense at all. Open yourself up and get both sides you will find what you learn might shock you because the truth is out there. So go and find it for yourself.
  • silver eagle 2009/03/25 20:59:28
    silver eagle
    +4
    Fantastic. What was it the president said? Didn't the president say that he was no longer going to let us be ruled by fear? Where is anyone on the left! Where are the good Democrats on the left! I believe in you. I don't agree with you, but I believe in you. I believe you're a human being and a thinking American, not just a zombie. Where are you? Where are you? What have we turned into? We are now -- we now have ACORN lining up buses, a media that does not expose that the buses were rented and paid for and organized by ACORN! We have them going to poor districts, rounding up a bunch of people: Hey, you've got to come with us; you want to do it; quick, come on the bus; it will be fun. And then taking them to these AIG houses and then calling the press and saying, "There's protests, there's people protesting right in front of the houses." And the press comes and nobody asks, "Who rented the buses? How did you guys get here? Who are you people?" And the day before that, the day before that there were protests in front of AIG: Take these taxes back! These people are criminals!

You've got -- while congress is saying these people should commit Harry Carey, nobody in the media decided to ask, who are these people in front of AIG. Do you know who they were? They were organized by the Service ...''''''''''"''"''

""'''''

'''''''''''''''''''

You've got -- while congress is saying these people should commit Harry Carey, nobody in the media decided to ask, who are these people in front of AIG. Do you know who they were? They were organized by the Service Workers' Union. Wait a minute, the service workers, the service workers, the service workers, why do I know that union? Why does that sound -- oh, I remember. ACORN is in bed with Barack Obama. ACORN helped get out the vote. ACORN is now getting billions of dollars. ACORN and these community groups getting all kinds of money. While you can't donate any more if you're in a certain tax bracket and actually, you know, write it off, you don't need to do that because the government will take care of the community needs through organizations like ACORN. While they're in bed, who's doing the bidding in front of the AIG houses and stirring up the hate? ACORN. Who's in front of AIG? The Service Workers' Union. How are they connected? Let's go back to Nevada, shall we? Let's go back to that crucial race in Nevada. Do you remember? Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, everyone was saying, "Well, Barack Obama, he's going to be the winner. Hillary Clinton should just get out. No, no, no, Nevada, she's popular, it could work there." All of a sudden there's this big scandal about, you can't ask people to leave work, we need to be able to put these voting stations in the casinos so our people can vote.

When did anyone ever say that they were going to put a voting booth in your cubicle? When did they ever come to your office: "You have to leave work." But the unions arranged it so they could put voting booths in casinos. Which union was it? Oh, my goodness, it was the Service Workers' Union. Oh, that's weird that they're now -- why is the Service Workers' Union, why would they be organizing that in front of AIG? It's an insurance company. What is the service workers? You mean the people who work in hotels, that union? Why are they involved in front of AIG?

America, there is a show going on. This is incredible to me, and it's incredible to me that no one in the press is doing their job and asking the damn questions! Who really was responsible for the CEOs at AIG? Where did they disappear to? Where are there bigger bonuses going to Fannie and Freddie, two government institutions run by... oh, my goodness, wait a minute. Run by Barney Frank and Christopher Dodd. Hey, by the way, didn't we just find out that Christopher Dodd's wife worked for AIG in Bermuda? Why did AIG have a business in Bermuda? That's not a place to have a business. Oh, unless it's a tax dodge. Oh. So she was working -- he lives in Washington, or in Connecticut. She does, too, but she works in Bermuda for AIG. I wonder if there's any connection there. Oh, my gosh, by the way, did you hear about that bank that Barney Frank helped out? It was funny. Barney Frank was sitting there and a local bank from his district walked in. It was a minority bank. And they walked in into a meeting with the treasury and Barney Frank and Maxine Waters, they are all sitting there and they say, hey, guys, we need some money, we need a bailout right now. And the treasury starts to say, no, no, wait, guys, this is not what this is for, we just want to find out -- they went right to Barney Frank and Maxine Waters and talked to them and said, we need this money, we need it right now or we're going to fold. They got the money. Treasury says they were surprised that all of a sudden how that one happened, how this bank just turned the tables on everything and they got their money right away. You know what's weird? This is so incredibly weird. Do you know who's on the board of directors of this bank? Oh, my gosh, I didn't know. Maxine Waters' husband. Maxine Waters' husband. Isn't that weird. My gosh, I'm glad we're not paying attention to that story. I'm glad we're just nailing the people who are working for a dollar a year, I'm just glad that we're nailing their ass to the wall. You know, t he ones who had nothing to do with it.
  • hehe 2009/03/25 19:20:38
    hehe
    +3
    great job
  • Stone 2009/03/25 18:32:00
    Stone
    +5
    They did it on purpose. The obama's wanted to look like good guys, so they took that part out of it and waited for the bonuses to come down and attacked them. It is all a governmental scam. I tell ya hwhat
  • Niki 2009/03/25 17:55:34
    Niki
    +4
    No I did not . . . but way to go Shep!!!
  • noBama 2009/03/25 17:55:01
    noBama
  • Tishia 2009/03/25 16:06:55
    Tishia
    +4
    Frank, Dodd, and all the crooks up there are all the same and doing the same thing they've gotten away with for years. If it's wrong we will make it right. Cover your ass boys at all costs so we can stay in power. Get all the chess pieces in place before we yell check mate. If we don't get these crooks out of office we will be calling each other comrade, and yelling Ola supreme leader. AHHHHHHH!!
    Stop the madness.
  • riderwriter extremist extra... 2009/03/25 15:46:01
    riderwriter extremist extraordinaire
    +1
    I was more surprised by the intensity of his "smackdown" than by the content. He was riled.
  • Bluebird 2009/03/25 15:21:23 (edited)
    Bluebird
    +3
    obumbles and his man in drag pelosi have really stuck it to us this time. The problem is Americans are too complacent to do anything about this outrage.

The other problem with Americans is we expect everything for free. That is why we have let welfare go on forever. We reward people who don't want to work. As long as we keep rewarding failure all we will continue to get is more failure.
  • gypsy Bluebird 2009/03/25 18:05:45
    gypsy
    +1
    Bluebird, I agree with you, 100%.........................
  • ordinaryhousewife 2009/03/25 14:59:13
    ordinaryhousewife
    +3
    What an incredibly sad commentary on the wisdom of our elected officials.. they should have to pay the American people back for their mistakes!
  • davidh BN-0 2009/03/25 13:19:40
    davidh BN-0
    +1
    He fails to mention that the reason they stripped out the measure, was because the Republicans fought so hard to keep such measures out.

Glass-Steagle being removed actually helped the banks that are not being bailed out. It allowed them to merge together making them stronger.

• Godot davidh ... 2009/03/25 20:35:09
    Godot
    Great post!!! I especially liked “Senate Republican Hypocrisy” on Hypocrisy Watch!!!

I wonder what the Fox News fanatics have to say about these facts? LOL
  • Clay Godot 2009/03/25 20:48:48 (edited)
    Clay
    +4
    Haaahaaahhaaa. Barney Frank ran a homosexual brothel out of his house. The only reason he is still in Congress is that as a gay man... the rules that apply to others, do NOT apply to him. Thus the liberal definition of tolerance. Logicality need not apply. Barney Frank is yer beacon of veracity??. How sad. Heck he's implicated in the whole mess Smith is talking about.... isn't he???? Jeez are you pathetic.
  • Godot Clay 2009/03/25 21:58:09 (edited)
    Godot
    Barney Frank??? What does this have to do with the “Senate Republican Hypocrisy” on the “Hypocrisy Watch” video?
  • Clay Godot 2009/03/26 05:03:24
    Clay
    +2
    haaaahaaa. Saw the error of yer ways and pulled the video eh.. Too bad, i saw it. BUSTED
  • Godot Clay 2009/03/26 16:22:42 (edited)
    Godot
    Nice try, but no cigar… the “Senate Republican Hypocrisy” on the “Hypocrisy Watch” video stands on its own merit. This is the truth that Faux news neglected to mention, but then… when has Faux news ever told the truth? Now that Shep Smith’s smack down on how Obama, Geithner, and Dodd misled the Public on AIG Bonuses has been exposed as “Senate Republican Hypocrisy”, I can see why right-wing conservatives are desperate to hide these facts and change the subject… to Barney Frank perhaps?
  • davidh ... Clay 2009/03/26 21:07:11
  • davidh ... Godot 2009/03/26 20:56:22
    davidh BN-0
    +1
    Memories like Goldfish. Just look at McCain. And he was supposed to be the Best they had to offer?

• Kay davidh ... 2009/03/25 21:02:00 (edited)
    Kay
    +2
    This is very interesting.. hopefully that toothless Masshole will be charged! I suppose there are a few who are glad he's toothless...lol

• davidh ... Kay 2009/03/26 21:14:25
    davidh BN-0
    How is something that happened in '96, supposed to have effected the Last administration? If the Republicans were so great, Why was the economy flourishing under Clinton? He was president for more than 3 years after the Fannie may Freddie mac legislation. What happened, is that Bush bankrupted the country. Gas prices led to inflation. Causing people to slow down on buying. Causing people to loose jobs in the Production industries. Causing them to not be able to buy these homes. On top of that, they were talked into purchasing these homes at subprime rates. Which they could afford. Then when the rates went up. They could not afford them. Causing the housing industry to crash. All of this happened AFTER '01. Guess who was in charge? Guess who's policies were being followed?
  • bob davidh ... 2009/04/06 20:26:11
    bob
    +1
    Wow ever hear of that little thing called the DOT COM bubble ?? that made Clinton...and your little fatman Barney Frank was in change of Fannie & Freddie the whole time it was imploding due to increasing subprime mortages started by ..Guess who ? peanut farmer Jimmy Carter in the 70's and continued onto 2007...Oil has always been and issue and could have easily been delt with if again, if Carter would have built sythic refineries to convert coal to oil the staple would have been $50brl. of home made crude/synthic...Saudi Arabia would've been SOL by now.............
  • davidh ... bob 2009/04/07 00:46:02
    davidh BN-0
    +1
    You are saying that Carter didn't do enough? Who ripped the solar panels off of the White House? Who turned EVERY single "Green" legislation that Carter instituted, up side down? The GOP hero, Reagan.

The Oil companies have not been forced to create alternate sources of oil for some time. The BEST option would be to use Oil Shale. It is in the middle of Coal and Oil. And you can create Oil and Natural gas from it. They have projected prices near 20 a gallon in the next 2-4 years. And the U.S. has the LARGEST reserves of oil shale in the world. Enough to supply the U.S. for 50+ years at current consumption. Which would be plenty of time to perfect altenate forms of energy. But NOT putting windfall taxes on oil companies, means you allow them to set the prices. You can argue that they would pass the amount to the consumer, but they would be taxed on whatever profit they set. So their best option would be to retain a fair amount of profit, and NOT overcharge for a vital comodity.

-----------------------------...

n 1973, during the Nixon Administration, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) reduced supplies of oil available to the world market, in part due to deflation of the dollars they were receiving due to Nixon leaving the gold standard and in part due t...''""""'

""""""

-----------------------------...

n 1973, during the Nixon Administration, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) reduced supplies of oil available to the world market, in part due to deflation of the dollars they were receiving due to Nixon leaving the gold standard and in part due to America's sending of arms to Israel during the Yom Kippur War. This sparked the 1973 Oil Crisis and forced oil prices to rise sharply, spurring price inflation throughout the economy and slowing growth. The US government imposed price controls on gasoline and oil following the announcement, which had the effect of causing shortages and long lines for gasoline.[13][14] The lines were quelled through the lifting of price controls on gasoline, although oil controls remained until Reagan's presidency.[14] Significant government borrowing helped keep interest rates high relative to inflation.[citation needed] Carter told Americans that the energy crisis was "a clear and present danger to our nation" and "the moral equivalent of war"[15] and drew out a plan he thought would address it.[16] Carter said that world oil supply would probably only be able to keep up with Americans' demand for six to eight more years.[15]

In 1977, Carter convinced the Democratic Congress to create the United States Department of Energy (DoE) with the goal of conserving energy. Carter set oil and natural gas price controls, wore cardigan sweaters, had solar hot water panels installed on the roof of the White House, had a wood stove in his living quarters, ordered the General Services Administration to turn off hot water in some federal facilities, and requested that Christmas decorations remain dark in 1979 and 1980. Nationwide, controls were put on thermostats in government and commercial buildings to prevent people from raising temperatures in the winter (above 65 degrees Fahrenheit = 18.33 °C) or lowering them in the summer (below 78 degrees Fahrenheit = 25.55 °C).

As reaction to the energy crisis and growing concerns over air pollution, Carter also signed the National Energy Act (NEA) and the Public Utilities Regulatory Policy Act (PURPA). The purpose of these watershed laws was to encourage energy conservation and the development of national energy resources, including renewables such as wind and solar energy.[17]

However, during the 1979 crisis, Carter reinstated some price controls on gasoline, which again had the effect of causing lines at gasoline stations.[14] During his "malaise" speech, he announced a gradual deregulation of these price controls, along with the imposition of a "Windfall Profit Tax". Enacted in 1980 on domestic oil production, the tax was repealed in 1988, when Congress agreed that it had increased dependence on foreign oil.[18] The tax was not a tax on profits, but an excise tax on the difference between a statutory "base price" and the market price.
  • bob davidh ... 2009/04/07 01:09:44
    bob
    +1
    I'm goin out for a beer, but ponder this while I'm gone, put aside all the incidentals and ask yourself what caused the GAS WARS of "1979" cause it wasn't all this BS it was 4 letters of an acronym that Jimmy couldn't control ??? I lived it somehow don't think you did.
  • davidh ... bob 2009/04/08 03:34:46
    davidh BN-0
    +1
    Line at a gas station in Maryland, USA, June 15, 1979.Richard Nixon had imposed price controls on domestic oil, which had helped cause shortages that led to gasoline lines during the 1973 Oil Crisis. Gasoline controls were repealed, but controls on domestic US oil remained. The Jimmy Carter administration began a phased deregulation of oil prices on April 5, 1979, when the average price of crude oil was US$15.85. Over the next 12 months the price of crude oil rose to $39.50 (its all time highest real price until March 7, 2008.)[8] Deregulating domestic oil price controls allowed domestic U.S. oil output to rise sharply from the large Prudhoe Bay fields, while oil imports fell sharply. However, some price controls remained in place, and the supply of oil was not boosted, according to the Heritage Foundation.[3][4] Hence, long lines appeared at gas stations, as they had six years earlier during the 1973 oil crisis.

As the average vehicle of the time consumed between two to three liters (about 0.5-0.8 gallons) of gasoline (petrol) an hour while idling, it was estimated that Americans wasted up to 150,000 barrels (24,000 m3) of oil per day idling their engines in the lines at gas stations.[9]

Gas coupon printed but not issued during the 1979 energy crisisDuring the period, ma...'

""""

'""'

Gas coupon printed but not issued during the 1979 energy crisisDuring the period, many people believed the oil companies artificially created oil shortages to drive up prices, rather than factors beyond human control or the US' own price controls. The amount of oil sold in the United States in 1979 was only 3.5 percent less than the record set for oil sold the year previously.[10]

Many politicians proposed gas rationing; one such proponent was Harry Hughes, Governor of Maryland, who proposed odd-even rationing (only people with an odd-numbered license plate could purchase gas on an odd-numbered day), as was used during the 1973 Oil Crisis. Several states actually implemented odd-even gas rationing, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Texas. Coupons for gasoline rationing were printed but were never actually used during the 1979 crisis.[11]

In July 1979, President Jimmy Carter outlined his plans to reduce oil imports and improve energy efficiency in his "Crisis of Confidence" speech (sometimes known as the "malaise" speech).[12] During the speech, Carter wore a cardigan and encouraged citizens to do what they could to reduce their use of energy. He also installed solar power panels on the roof of the White House and a wood-burning stove in the living quarters. However, the panels were removed in August 1986 during the administration of his successor, Ronald Reagan, after a leak and were never replaced.

Carter's fire-side speech argued the oil crisis was "the moral equivalent of war". Several months later, in January 1980, Carter issued the Carter Doctrine, which declared that any interference with U.S. oil interests in the Persian Gulf would be considered an attack on the vital interests of the United States.[13] Additionally, as part of his administration's efforts at deregulation, Carter proposed removing price controls that had been imposed in the administration of Richard Nixon before the 1973 crisis. Carter agreed to remove price controls in phases; they were finally dismantled in 1981 under Reagan.[14] He also said he would impose a windfall profit tax on oil companies.[15] While the regulated price of domestic oil was kept to $6 a barrel, the world market price was $30.[15]

In 1980, the U.S. Government established the Synthetic Fuels Corporation to produce an alternative to imported fossil fuels.

2014/04/16 13:32:29