A Short List Of Some Of The New Executive Orders From The Obama Administration.
* Executive Order 10990 allows the Government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
* Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
* Executive Order 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels, and minerals.
* Executive Order 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
* Executive Order 11001 allows the government to take over all health education and welfare functions.
* Executive Order 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
* Executive Order 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
* Executive Order 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate and establish new locations for populations.
* Executive Order 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways, and public storage facilities.
* Executive Order 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to
federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive
Orders issues over a fifteen-year period.
* Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of
Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders
into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or
* Executive Order 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice
to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute
Industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to
control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and
to advise and assist the President.
* Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness
Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of
production and distribution of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit,
and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined
national emergency. It also provides that when the president declares a
state of emergency, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
See Votes by State
News & Politics