Why should we honor American's Veterans?

FUS RO DAH! 2011/11/11 16:26:53

Today is veterans today. A day were americans are to thank american veterans for their service to our country because they fight for our freedom, but I don't understand why we americans citizens should thank all american veterans. I understand thank the WWII veterans because they did fight for american freedom, but any veteran after WWII I don't understand why we should thank them. They didn't fight for american freedom. If I am wrong and the american veterans after WWII should be thanked then explain to me why? How did they fight for our freedom? If you have to use hateful insults like most people do to when anyone question the american military to answer this question, it mean you don't know what you are talking about.

• Child of light 2011/11/13 23:25:25
    Child of light
    You should honor the Veterans of the US Military because they risked themself, life and limb, to protect your freedoms and the rights that you enjoy today. If the US didn't have a strong military, or a military at all, there's no doubt in my mind that we would have been invaded by a foreign country and they'd have taken away our rights and freedoms and taken away our ideals. That is why you should thank them. You don't have to support the wars that they fight, but as an American citizen, you have to support them and thank them for their sacrifices and their willingness to die for you.
    There is no greater love than one that is willing to lay down his life for his friends, family, whoever.
  • thepastord 2011/11/11 23:49:32
    thepastord
    +1
    Seems like we honor everything else, a day for our Veteran's shouldn't be too much skin off of anyone's nose.

UGH... I am sure someone is going to chime in with some kind of beef about it... :+(
  • Walt 2011/11/11 23:39:47
    Walt
    +1
    Without a powerful military, America would not exist.

Is that simple enough for you to understand?
  • Shigyrl but outspoken on my... 2011/11/11 22:29:10
    Shigyrl but outspoken on my future
    +3
    I think the biggest issue is your modern day progressive education. Does not allow you to appreciate the sacrifice our men and women in the military make. Korea and Vietnam were intended to keep the communist at bay. Communist were and still are a real threat in the world.
  • Denny 2011/11/11 22:06:36 (edited)
    Denny
    +2
    They don't deserve just one day?? Why WW2 Vets? just because of the press saying that Hitler was a bad guy??? What bad guy did we go after that doesn't come up to the "Hitler Standard" How do you know if the Press doesn't cover what he has done?? What guy we went after could have attacked us that maybe, just maybe you would have had to go??? Problem is after VietNam we got rid of the Standing army and now we send in the National Guard to do our dirty work. Your neighbors who rather than drafting everyone have trained attack dogs to do our work while you can go to Victoria Secrets sales on week ends. It was said that during Viet Nam the Draft was so unfair, That the rich got out of it, etc. You've heard it all before. BUT even if you got the call to go You only went once!!! These magnificent soldiers are not vets but Ever ready bunnys that keep going and going. Yeah I think we deserve just one day a year.Oh and your welcome.
  • Melizmatic 2011/11/11 21:28:28
    Melizmatic
    +4
    They perpetually risk their lives to protect us civilians; its an acknowledgment of their sacrifices.

veterans

I support the soldiers, not the wars.
  • Gregaj7 2011/11/11 20:46:21
    Since you marked "Christian" as your 'religious' views, are you willing to be respectful anyway, or is that not part of the equation?
  • Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~ 2011/11/11 20:14:15
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +4
    The Soldier:
    By Charles M. Province

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

If you can read this message thank a teacher, If you are reading it in English of your own free will THANK A SOLDIER!

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves under the flag, and whose coffin is
    draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To all the brave men and women who have dedicated or given their lives to protecting this country and it's freedoms:

"There are some who've forgotten why we have a military. It's not to promote war, it's to be prepared for peace."

President Ronald Reagan

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

President Thomas Jefferson

"I am concerned for the security of our great nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."

General Douglas MacArthur

This post really is a waste of time!
  • Hobbitt / Oldsquid 2011/11/11 19:37:07
  • FUS RO ... Hobbitt... 2011/11/11 21:05:17
    FUS RO DAH!
    Nice picture, but I don't understand how that answer my question
  • doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~... 2011/11/11 19:35:15 (edited)
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +3
    I guess you must have come up in the NWO schools! If going to war to keep communism and tyranny out of our country isn't fighting for our freedom, then Nothing is! Now, we have to fight our own government! The only two wars of late that I can't say were for our country are the Libyan war, and the African war. Our men and women are fighting there because their stupid CIC ordered them do so! Our forces are voluntary, not conscripted. They lay their lives on the line Every day to keep you from having someone knocking on your door for questioning your government, or protesting a stupid government decision. You ought to be grateful for that if for nothing else! Millions of people would Love to be able to question their leaders without fear of dying for doing it!
  • Truth Matters 2011/11/11 18:33:34 (edited)
    Truth Matters
    +5
    We know when we join that the risk is very real. It is a tough, risky and sacrificial life with little pay, lot's of responsibility and no backing out with honor. Much is expected, nothing is given, everything is earned from day one. Military service requires long-term family separation, economic challenges and constant pressure. The dangers inherent in military life are not just related to direct combat, but the training and operations.

BTW My uncle has two years and twenty seven combat assault operations in Vietnam to fight Communist advances - well after WWII.
  • Zomba Fett 2011/11/11 17:58:06
    Zomba Fett
    +5
    Young people who decided to serve in US military now-a-days do not really know if there will be any kind of unrest or a war in the World, but they pledge to protect you, me and the others with their lives. I am truly grateful to them, does not matter what branch of US Military they serve in and where in the World they are.

honor
  • tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2011/11/11 17:34:16
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +8
    The word American is capitalized. Unless of course you mean to be disrespectful.
  • Gregaj7 tommyg ... 2011/11/11 20:49:04
    +3
    Based on the profile-page, I'm presuming that his public "education" did not extend to the Rules of Capitalization, and that they no longer teach real English.
  • tommyg ... Gregaj7 2011/11/11 20:57:11
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +2
    I didn't bother looking.

Thanks for the info. I kinda figured.
  • FUS RO ... tommyg ... 2011/11/11 21:15:54
    FUS RO DAH!
    And the insults start
  • tommyg ... FUS RO ... 2011/11/12 02:45:10
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +1
    No insult. I'm a little older and prefer (usually) proper English. When I see someone not capitalize American, usually there is a motive. If I am wrong....I stand corrected.
  • METALheadMom 2011/11/11 17:10:01
    METALheadMom
    +3
    I'm just like "most people", my first reaction here was to throw several extremely hateful comments at you. Instead, I shall pity and pray for you.
  • FUS RO ... METALhe... 2011/11/11 21:14:41
    FUS RO DAH!
    Why cause you don't have a reason why americans should honor and thank the verterans
  • kmay 2011/11/11 17:09:40
  • kmay kmay 2011/11/11 17:25:32
    kmay
    +5
    They are fighting for your freedom to say what you said.
  • FUS RO ... kmay 2011/11/11 21:13:17
    FUS RO DAH!
    The WWII veterans that is true, but the vietnamn verterans they didn't fight for our freedom
  • kmay FUS RO ... 2011/11/11 21:21:58
    kmay
    +1
    Hello? they have all fought for the freedom to do what we do each and every day and keep us safe and therfore free!
  • FUS RO ... kmay 2011/11/11 21:27:10
    FUS RO DAH!
    That doesn't answer my question about how vietnamn verterans fought for our freedom.
  • kmay FUS RO ... 2011/11/11 21:28:58 (edited)
    kmay
    +1
    I just told you. Are you really that dense or just uneducated.
  • Kimmel Janitor of the PHAET 2011/11/11 16:49:21
    Kimmel Janitor of the PHAET
    +4
    That's an interesting question. It can have many answers, but I will just give you mine. I honor the people that served in the military because they were willing to do whatever duty that the elected administration decided was in the best interests of our country. The soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines don't decide where they go to fight. They just do the best they can to complete whatever missions they are given. Their faith is that the leaders of our country are going to do the right thing. That may not always be true, but they still do their jobs with honor. That sacrifice is what I honor.
  • FUS RO ... Kimmel ... 2011/11/11 21:11:49
    FUS RO DAH!
    +1
    Elected administration don't alway have the best interests of our country
  • Kimmel ... FUS RO ... 2011/11/11 21:23:19
    Kimmel Janitor of the PHAET
    +1
    As I said, "Their faith is that the leaders of our country are going to do the right thing. That may not always be true, but they still do their jobs with honor. That sacrifice is what I honor."
    +5
    We should honor all; these are the men and women who are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for us and our liberty and our freedom. If that one thing alone is not enough to honor them; then one must question their own character
  • Stacy M... Jackie ... 2011/11/11 16:53:11
    Stacy Martin
    But how are they fighting for our freedom right now? As of now, it is slowly being stripped away. It didn't stop the Patriot Act, a huge loss of freedom. It doesn't stop TSA from molesting you at the airport, and now on the streets. Soon they will be everywhere. I am in no way disrespecting them. You didn't answer the question.
  • kmay Stacy M... 2011/11/11 17:25:15 (edited)
    kmay
    +4
  • FUS RO ... kmay 2011/11/11 21:09:55
    FUS RO DAH!
    How are they?
  • Jackie ... Stacy M... 2011/11/11 17:53:36
    +3
    They are volunteering to give their lives , if necessary, during their time that they serve. I can only say that if you cannot find honor for men and women who are willing to die for you; there is no answer that I can give you.
  • TommyB Stacy M... 2011/11/11 18:46:42
    TommyB
    +2
    Jackie G answered the question with "these are the men and women who are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for us and our liberty and our freedom." Nothing else really needs to be said.
  • FUS RO ... TommyB 2011/11/11 21:10:26
    FUS RO DAH!
    +1
    That was true during WWII but not now
  • TommyB FUS RO ... 2011/11/12 00:06:36
    TommyB
    +1
    What is it about "they are willingt to make the ultimate sacrifice" that you don't understand? Even if 100% of their service is during peacetime, they put their lives on the line just being available to protect you and yours.
  • FUS RO ... Stacy M... 2011/11/11 21:09:30
    FUS RO DAH!
    That is what I to know?
  • FUS RO ... Jackie ... 2011/11/11 21:08:30
    FUS RO DAH!
    I understand honor the ones who did fight for our liberty and our freedom like the WWII veterans, but I don't understand why we should honor the Vietnamn verterans they didn't fight for our liberty and our freedom
  • Jackie ... FUS RO ... 2011/11/12 00:50:50
    You asked why we should honor them - I have told you. Nothing more to say. How many people do you know who are willing to die for you and me. If that isn't enough for you, you need to look to yourself

2014/04/16 04:39:05