Why are people so stupid?

Angel OFire 2012/09/14 04:42:16
Related Topics: Twisted
People can be so stupid, yet claim to be this evolved being, this higher than mighty source of knowledge, when simplicity seems to have them confused.
I do not understand how something, anything simple can and is turned around, twisted and made into something complicated.
Why do people do this to ourselves?

• Gina 2012/09/14 05:19:28
    Iggnorance
    Gina
    +4
    Society, mass media, even schools (in a way.) have led us to being people who don't think.

Everything we think of is somehow based of or a perfect repetition of something we have seen or heard before. Why? Because at some point in time a person or a group decided they though one thing was correct and as they let it out to the public more and more people agreed, some because they truly believed it, others, because everyone else agreed. Without saying "No." to the man-made beliefs they became a false fact. I believe that there is no right and no wrong. Everything is a matter of choice and what the person believes on their own, or have decided suits their ideas best.

Television, magazines, even the person on the streets wearing the latest trends have altered our ideas of what is ideal. We believe that what is best, is best because it's what we know and it's what everyone believes. Very few people actually think for themselves now-a-days, and truthfully with so many people alive today and so many that have passed, I highly doubt ANY idea is original, some are just not heard of.

That's my opinion, anyway.
    That people are "so stupid" because people don't think for themselves, they repeat what they hear/see. Monkey see, monkey do.

• Jorge Enriquez 2012/10/14 02:37:25
    Iggnorance
    Jorge Enriquez
    maybe u´re very smart and u think we´re stupids hahaha
  • thisiswar 2012/09/15 20:14:44
    Just pure no brainers
    thisiswar
    Because you spelled "ignorance" wrong.
  • Robert Strobel 2012/09/15 19:01:57
    Iggnorance
    Robert Strobel
    You should learn to spell not knowing how is ignorant.
  • Moose 2012/09/15 05:32:52
    Iggnorance
    Moose
    I, personally, don't do well with simple. I have I hard time seeing anything as truly simple. Sadly, that is the thing that most often changes peoples opinion of me into being somewhat simple.
  • Solid Snake 2012/09/15 04:59:49
    Iggnorance
    Solid Snake
    +1
    It's really appauling how dumb people can be isn't it. I can't find the reason either, but it might end up like this,
  • -*-LizzyBeth-*- 2012/09/15 04:18:28 (edited)
    Iggnorance
    -*-LizzyBeth-*-
    we humans are wretched things
  • TEPP -*-Lizz... 2012/09/15 23:05:37
    TEPP
    +1
    No, no, no. I disagree with this completely, since the statement sickens me.
    It's actually "We humans are wretched things."
  • -*-Lizz... TEPP 2012/09/16 01:42:18
    -*-LizzyBeth-*-
    +1
    your right. i fixed it.
  • TEPP -*-Lizz... 2012/09/16 01:50:35
    TEPP
    +1
    That's odd; most people flip out when I help them. You must be weird, weirdo!
  • -*-Lizz... TEPP 2012/09/16 01:56:02
  • TEPP -*-Lizz... 2012/09/16 02:13:54
    TEPP
    And you look delicious. That person holding you there, they plan to eat you, they'll do it tonight. You must kill them first, and don't spare the children.
  • -*-Lizz... TEPP 2012/09/16 02:36:26
  • TEPP -*-Lizz... 2012/09/16 03:17:38
  • -*-Lizz... TEPP 2012/09/16 03:22:16
  • TEPP -*-Lizz... 2012/09/16 03:24:00
    TEPP
    Now these are making no sense.
  • -*-Lizz... TEPP 2012/09/16 03:25:47
    -*-LizzyBeth-*-
    not making? notmaking? Nunamaker!
  • TEPP -*-Lizz... 2012/09/16 03:27:03
    TEPP
    Great, and I already used the Escalated quickly meme.
  • WWZ Captain 2012/09/15 02:38:30
    Iggnorance
    WWZ Captain
    +2
    There are only about 750,00 truly intelligent folks on the planet, the rest of us are just pretty damned lucky that they exist ! All the advances in science and medicine, etc. Think about it, people think they're "smart" because they can use a software program...but any monkey can be taught to use a program, it's the guy who INVENTED the program that is the genius, you're just a tool ! The average Joe is brain dead, partly by design.
  • bill.fife.3 2012/09/15 01:45:02 (edited)
    Iggnorance
    bill.fife.3
    +1
    There is probably no single right answer; even All of the Above only begins to cover it.

If you want conspiracy theory we can go All Over The Place with all of that. But something is pushing most of our buttons and too many, especially here on this site, seem to want to let runaway emotions rule the day.

Emotions are a human thing. They are known to severely cloud judgement. And I have received enough verified input to convince me it can and has caused the downfall of highly-evolved societies. Here and well, ... there.

The Middle East is a good example of religion baiting. At the risk of offending someone somewhere one thing those living a lie fear most is the truth. The truth is Free Will and the United States of America celebrates it through its Bill of Rights. Fredom of expression and the freedom to speak your truth is every citizen's guaranteed constitutional right. Of course with freedom comes responsibility. Most of us have learned this but more than a few are now putting responsible thought and behavior aside. The trend is a dangerous one.

And nations that have allowed themselves to become theocracies (as was England at the time of the Pilgrim Exodus) generate populations of zealots (think Salem Massachussetts, witch trials, Oliver Cromwell, Church of England: ...

And nations that have allowed themselves to become theocracies (as was England at the time of the Pilgrim Exodus) generate populations of zealots (think Salem Massachussetts, witch trials, Oliver Cromwell, Church of England: History, the Spanish Inquisition and Joan d' Arc...) that allow hate to push aside all teachings of peace and harmonic coexistence. And so it is right now with those in the ME countries that want nothing more than to take down the U.S. over their beliefs- beliefs they have accepted not through choice as much as indoctrination mandated by the state. And frighteningly this is now becoming the norm in places it never was before. Shariah Law is orthodoxy in the extreme and is right out of the Middle Ages. Cromwell would almost be proud I do think.

But on the other side of the Pond, besides the highly contagious nature of inflammatory hatred and hate speech is the economic driving force of capitalism: Greed. Generously termed Unlimited Demand by economists who study western consumerism it is little more than the desire to feel important based on what you've got and how much. Who dies with the most toys. Another destructive emotion that is robbing the planet blind of its hard-earned resources and it is not by any stretch confined to Western economies.

How many people building their decks or designing their dream homes with hardwood floors, ceilings and doors, wired with electricity from coal-fired generator plants and driving six-wheeled pickups and Excursion SUV's realize or even care how many consecutive human lifetimes it took to form those coal and oil deposits and grow those two- and three-tiered rainforests? -Greed is good? For whom and for what? Do you think we won't be eternally judged by future generations who'll be left holding the sand when the last drop of tar is forced out of it? Because even if we ARE here for a million or more consecutive lifetimes longer the forests and swamps that produced those resources will all be gone, replaced by cities, stripmalls, cattle ranches, factory farms, golf courses and gated communities. Can you say Never Again? We will never see this level of abundance again. Ever. We need to get smart and soon but instead we are only getting dumber.

I do know that creating jobs is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life. What are you here for? To go and beg some CEO "Please, please invent something so I can assemble it in your factory!" Or "please design a government program where I can sit in a cubicle in front of a monitor and look like I'm working all day the rest of my productive life"? What about a sense of purpose? Is no one motivated to make a real difference? When I was in school at least some were. But now no one seems to have a clue why they're even here. They just want to get by working at a job someone else "created". Talk about dumbing-down.

What I am seeing is repression of initiative. Creating jobs is following the destruction of careers. Not a good exchange. The real thinkers and designers that once shined a light on a bright future are dying off, replaced by demogogues and hatemongers that fan the flames of destructive thinking, all the while hiding behind distorted definitions of "heroes" and "patriotism" aimed at perpetuating and escalating global violence. Any who seriously think this Dead End is a Stairway To Heaven are as deluded as the 9-11 hijackers were. Mass hysteria never brought about a Rennaissance. Whatever happened to creativity? Funding for scientific research and education? The arts? Better living? Investing in the future not just of wealth but art and culture? Furthering the cause of human and animal rights? We can evolve as a more humane and humanitarian race- but are we?

Why does the USA imprison more of its citizens than just about any other country in the world? Are we all really that bad? Or are laws today just that out of touch? One paranoid leader is all it takes to spread the toxicity around and silence to allow it to grow. Gangs are all about the disconnect between government and the people. Evil people there certainly are, yes. But are we discouraging their existence or fostering it? If the terrorists have made us all afraid of each other then yes: they have already won. The Home Of The Brave could soon become the Home Of The Running Scared if we continue on this path. Do we want this? Then why are we allowing it?

It is time to start knowing what is and isn't true, and beginning to think for ourselves using our coolest heads once and for all. Because if not we are on a road to certain destruction and it could all be over much sooner that anyone thinks. Just My Opinion.
  • Vanessa Rizalyn Camara 2012/09/15 01:39:37
    Iggnorance
    Vanessa Rizalyn Camara
    +2
    be thankful there is,coz if not there are no genius around...he,he,hee
  • MX9 2012/09/15 00:27:21
    Iggnorance
    MX9
    people are just ignorant. I think one day humans will probably destroy each other because of it, and hopefully a better and smarter species will take our place :D i think the average IQ for people is going down, but i could be wrong :P
  • Mat 2012/09/14 23:57:56
    Just pure no brainers
    Mat
    In my view, a lot of us can and may be ignorant, but that can be remedied through reading, listening, talking, and educating ourselves. Stupidity is another category entirely. I'm forever astonished at seemingly brain dead shoe leather who have no appetite for learning the other side of the proverbial coin; or debating, or discussing, or dissecting. Just their way or the highway. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Scary really. You've heard before that a democracy cannot and will not stand with stupid people.... Dire situation.
  • cookiemonster 2012/09/14 23:30:28
    Just pure no brainers
    cookiemonster
    I do not think it is a fact that people are stupid. We all have short comings. Most extremely smart individuals have issues with common sense and social interaction. Others have bigger than life egos. We, as humans, must learn to deal with others faults.
  • ikeknight 2012/09/14 23:19:43
    Iggnorance
    ikeknight
    +2
    Um, ignorance is misspelled in the choices above.
  • Angel O... ikeknight 2012/09/15 03:08:41
    Angel OFire
    +1
    um cheer's for that,
  • Smack Ego Zen 2012/09/14 23:18:36
    Iggnorance
    Smack Ego Zen
    +1
    They refuse to learn. They think that a fine life will fall into their hands.
  • N. Zane 2012/09/14 23:06:58
    Just pure no brainers
    N. Zane
  • bill.fi... N. Zane 2012/09/15 01:51:41
    bill.fife.3
    +2
    Darwin lives!

Darwin
  • Tina 2012/09/14 22:37:46
    Iggnorance
    Tina
    +2
    I didn't agree with any answer there, but I needed to choose one just to be able to comment. People aren't stupid generally, it's just a perception and every-bodies perception on everything is different to another, so if you think everybody is stupid, change your perception and you'll see people in a different light.
  • cookiem... Tina 2012/09/14 23:28:26
    cookiemonster
    I like your answer
  • Vision of Verve 2012/09/14 19:46:24
  • bill.fi... Vision ... 2012/09/15 01:54:01
    bill.fife.3
    «Anyone who is not like minded is considered ignorant or insane.»

I do see this more and more. Good observation!
  • Pyro-82 2012/09/14 19:12:27
    Iggnorance
    Pyro-82
    +1
    Ignorance can be dangerous, but partial, or miseducation, can be even more dangerous. Misinformation is how many simple matters become complicated.
  • Professor Wizard 2012/09/14 18:23:43
    Just pure no brainers
    Professor Wizard
    +1
    Not everybody is stupid.

Just the people that YOU know!
  • Alex♥Adam 2012/09/14 17:28:54
    Iggnorance
    Alex♥Adam
    I agree with Gina. Monkey see, monkey do. haha.
    Some people don't make an effort to get out there and find out what's actually right and build up a better conscience.
    For example, it once so happened that we were having General Knowledge classes and my teacher was reading out the answers from her answer book. One of them was wrong and I was absolutely sure about it. "First monkey to go in space?" I knew it was Ham, the chimp but my teacher named another species - a common one and vice versa for Ham. Everybody believed what she said, I tried explaining it to her but she said that the answer book is right. Pft.
    This year, it happened that I had an argument with a friend who said that Mercury is the hottest planet in the Solar System - I said it was Venus. She consulted everyone in the class but all were against me. Finally my Geography teacher confirmed it was Venus, and at that moment I felt as if I had won a war lol. The whole class was embarrassed.
    So yeah.. people can be ignorant sometimes.
  • Tortoise 2012/09/14 16:47:50
    Iggnorance
    Tortoise
    +2
    no wonder obama won 4 years ago!
  • Mat Tortoise 2012/09/15 00:00:28
    Mat
    And with the ilk that pulled his lever are about to do so again. Frightening!
  • deborah sletten 2012/09/14 14:00:32
    Just pure no brainers
    deborah sletten
    Isn't ignorance spelled with one 'g?' You didn't mention what you thought people were stupid about. It's a left brain/ right brain situation, faggie/ lezzies they are all mentored and fall by the same pit as he.
  • Zammo 2012/09/14 13:40:24
    Just pure no brainers
    Zammo
    +1
    This site proves it
  • auron 2012/09/14 12:52:47
    Iggnorance
    auron
    +1
    I blame the american education system and the lame stream media.

2014/04/17 21:50:47