Voters Say Romney, Obama Almost Equal on Issues of Character: Which Candidate Has a Better Character?

Daryl 2012/07/30 20:00:00
Between Mitt Romney and President Obama, who do you think has the better character?

THEHILL.COM reports:
Romney holds thin advantages over Obama on leadership, personal values and honesty, according to a new poll for The Hill.
obama romney

Read More: http://thehill.com/polls/240917-hill-poll-voters-o...

• Daryl 2012/07/30 18:11:37
    Mitt Romney
    Daryl
    +24
    To my knowledge, Romney has never used racism or class envy to win elections.

• Timothy Sweet 2012/09/04 22:56:41
    Mitt Romney
    Timothy Sweet
    Obama is a Character...
  • kerijay 2012/08/15 13:16:19
    Mitt Romney
    kerijay
    Romney is a gentelmen while Obama is a loud mouth arrogant smart ass trying to be cute.
  • AL 2012/08/15 03:37:12
    Mitt Romney
    AL
    +1
    Romney lives like Mr. Clean compared to Obama's self induced Illegal Drug haze for two full years
  • MR. 2012/08/13 22:28:59
    Mitt Romney
    MR.
    +1
    AMERICA MUST CHANGE FOR ANY CHANCE OF HOPE! *(ROMNEY/RYAN 2012') -"Just the ticket!"-
  • OneLastWord 2012/08/12 19:17:09
    Mitt Romney
    OneLastWord
    +1
    Mitt has not been in there (high office) long enough to match B.O. the master liar.

Old Proverb: How do you tell B.O. is lying? His lips are moving.
  • carl 2012/08/12 14:19:42
    Mitt Romney
    carl
    +1
    the commentrs about racism and white men astound me. You cannot lump all white men into that statement and it in itself is racism toward white men. Also there are no republicans in the house or senate that are ex Klu Kux Clan members and wonder of wonders their are ,that are Democrates. Also, the Civil Rights act was not qritten by Democrates, but by Republicans and was passed by Republicans as well, Lincoln was a white man and a Republican. It is the same old Montra, using the race card is old hat. there is no difference we are all humans no matter the color of our skin and we all live and work together and have so much in common, why can't we talk about that? To seperate us is racism. Black, White, Yellow, Brown, or red we all have the same make up just a different pigment and all are beautiful. Stop acting like the democrates are lifting us into the future they are holding us back from unity and they need to be sent a strong message, Stop and get ouit of the way, you cannot seperate us anymore. Just a side note Obama has taken more donations from Bain Capital than Romney has. look at the facts instead of blindly following someone because you are told by the media, or because of our skin color. There are good people and bad people of all races , and of all sexes.. Don't except someone just because of race, or their sex.
  • kerijay carl 2012/08/15 13:22:45
    kerijay
    The democrats don't give a hoot about the blacks it's just a way of keeping them in proverty under their control for votes. How can they be so stupid? The democrats have called the republican blacks every name possible which shows you cannot disagree with a democrat. Wake up black people.
  • dave mcfarland 2012/08/07 00:36:01
    Mitt Romney
    dave mcfarland
    +1
    ROMNEY: father was president of American Motors and three term governor of Michigan, mother ran for senate, he was unpaid missionary for two years in France (long, hard, discouraging work days), valedictorian, Harvard MBA (top 5%), Harvard JD (with honors), unpaid Mormon bishop (to the 99%) unpaid Mormon stake president (to the 99.9%), gave away inheritance, Staples (89,000 jobs), Sports Authority (15,000 jobs), Domino's Pizza (7,900 jobs), quarter-billionaire, wealth placed in blind trust (no one owns him), saved Olympics, Massachusetts Governor where half of his staff were women with equal pay (four years of balanced budget and surplus), five very successful sons (three with MBAs from Harvard, one in medical residency), 18 grandchildren (cares about US future, not his own power), long happy marriage, turnaround artist for the nation.

OBAMA: Harvard funding unknown, Transcripts and thesis not released, Mentored by Frank Marshall Davis (card carrying, FBI tracked communist), Community Organizer (3 or 4 jobs), 20 years with Jeremiah Wright’s black liberation theology (class warfare), one term senator who was never there, mortgage paid by Tony Rezko (now in prison), Bill Ayers friend(radical terrorist), “The Food Stamp President” (touts the ‘workers paradise’ lie), Solyndra...

OBAMA: Harvard funding unknown, Transcripts and thesis not released, Mentored by Frank Marshall Davis (card carrying, FBI tracked communist), Community Organizer (3 or 4 jobs), 20 years with Jeremiah Wright’s black liberation theology (class warfare), one term senator who was never there, mortgage paid by Tony Rezko (now in prison), Bill Ayers friend(radical terrorist), “The Food Stamp President” (touts the ‘workers paradise’ lie), Solyndra (-1100 jobs),War on coal (-9000 jobs),Stimulus (-100000 jobs),"The most dangerous president in modern American history" (Marxist behind a huge federal power grab.), “After my election, I’ll have some flexibility”, “We can’t wait on Congress”, Tyrant above the law.
  • libaretardstoo 2012/08/05 00:46:41
    Mitt Romney
    libaretardstoo
    +1
    Well our, ah, sitting President has chosen not to keep his campaign promise and proven himself a liar. It does not appear that he has ever held a real job and found this one so difficult he's spent more time on vacation than working.

2nd, he continues the same old straw man bs he's down since taking the oath.

3rd, Mitt Romney ought to not feel goaded by the likes of BHO & Dingy Reid. BHO hasn't actually proved he graduated from college school (same one, GWB did graduate from)

Finally, BHO swore to uphold and protect the Constitution and he's proven no more competent at that than anything else. Pres to be Romney has got more character in his pinky than the sitting Pres has ever demonstrated.
  • leslie 2012/08/04 20:53:01
    Barack Obama
    leslie
    char·ac·ter   [kar-ik-ter] noun
    1. the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of some person or thing.
    2. one such feature or trait; characteristic.
    3. moral or ethical quality: a man of fine, honorable character.
    4. qualities of honesty, courage, or the like; integrity: It takes character to face up to a bully.
    5. reputation: a stain on one's character.

Generally I would take a firm stand on this issue but this time I am going to try to make a point in a much different way.

Neither Candidate is Perfect!
    They Both Have Their Faults and Flaws!

The majority of you on this topic are unwilling to see that this is the case.

From the Devil's advocate position:
    Romney is lying about Money. Obama is lying about a Birth Certificate.
    Romney is flip floppy on many issues. Obama changed his stand on Same Sex Unions.
    Neither Served in the Military but for extremely different reasons:
    Romney took advantage of a total of 4 Student Deferments, 1 Ministerial Deferment and an extremely high draft lottery number.
    Obama took advantage of the fact that there was no draft and there fore his services were NOT required.
    They are both religious. Regardless of the Church or Faith....
    Neither has had any "Indiscretions" Neither has committed a fe...

char·ac·ter   [kar-ik-ter] noun

Neither Candidate is Perfect!
    They Both Have Their Faults and Flaws!

From the Devil's advocate position:
    Neither has had any "Indiscretions" Neither has committed a felony.

They are as individual and distinct as each and every one of us are.
    I am certain that some of you do not possess the ideal characteristics that every American Citizen would want in a POTUS either.
  • kerijay leslie 2012/08/15 13:37:17
    kerijay
    Do you not call it a felony when he lied that he had no other names like Barry Soroto when he was sworn in and when he swore to uphold the constitution when he has dismantled it.
  • Resp 2012/08/04 09:22:52
    Barack Obama
    Resp
    Obama is a nice socialist! But an awful president.

I don't know enough about Romney yet. Maybe that will change when he becomes president.
  • lisa 2012/08/01 19:44:06
    Mitt Romney
    lisa
    +3
    In my opinion its definitely Romney and 110% more class, integrity, patriotism and intelligance!
  • Lee lisa 2012/08/03 14:14:18 (edited)
    Lee
    I don't think so.

Romney will not produce his tax records, so he must have a lot to hide.

And then there's the fact that Mitt Romney and Ted Bundy have a lot in common.

In fact, they may have been personally acquainted.

They both attended the Republican National Convention in Miami in 1968.

You've got to wonder . . . who inspired whom?

• leslie lisa 2012/08/15 17:23:40
    leslie
    There is no CLASS in many of his stands/His integrity is nil because he wont produce Taxes/ THERE is no patriotism when he evaded the draft 5 different ways/and the intelligence is only 1/2 right because he flip flops like a dying fish out of water!
  • Golden Panther 2012/08/01 19:32:44
    Mitt Romney
    Golden Panther
    +2
    Talk about a no brainer....obumbo has no character, at least good characteristics, and should go back to Kenya, Indonesia, or what ever rock he emerged from.
  • BIGK27 2012/08/01 19:15:39
    Mitt Romney
    BIGK27
    +2
    Obama is a Con-Artist of Lies, he has NO character!
  • txpatriot 2012/08/01 19:12:42
    Mitt Romney
    txpatriot
    +2
    It is my humble opinion the two can't be compared...Romney is a much better person with the type of character and morales I believe our President should possess...hands down.
  • Stacy F 2012/08/01 19:11:45
    Mitt Romney
    Stacy F
    +1
    That was easy!

easy button
  • President Camacho 2012/08/01 17:58:30
    Mitt Romney
    President Camacho
    +1
    Obama is not a man of character
  • BigFig#9 2012/08/01 16:33:39
    Barack Obama
    BigFig#9
    Obviously too much of this is rolled up in people's politics and character is a difficult standard to agree on. I actually believe BOTH of these guys at their core have some pretty good attributes of what I would call character. We seem to love to tear down our candidates who are people who have risen to the top but let's be honest - most of us wouldn't have the 'stuff' (character) to do that. If I have one concern more towards Mitt than towards Barrack I'd say that I believe that Mitt is unwilling to stand-up to the right wing extremists in his party.- he needs a McCain moment where he stands up to a RWNJ.
  • dallasjoe 2012/08/01 16:24:53
    Barack Obama
    dallasjoe
    +3
    I Lived under Romeny's Regieme in Mass he is SLIMY and a Draft Dodger
  • Preside... dallasjoe 2012/08/01 17:59:17
    President Camacho
    +3
    No you didn't...and no he isn't.
  • dallasjoe Preside... 2012/08/02 14:49:44
    dallasjoe
    +1
    yes I did zip code for Canton Mass is 02021
  • Preside... dallasjoe 2012/08/02 15:52:25
    President Camacho
    I don't buy it. You Google zip.
  • dallasjoe Preside... 2012/08/02 16:57:57
    dallasjoe
    +1
    no lived there most my life my nephew went to Belmont Hill School where Mitt was on the Board of Directors meet him and Anned two arrogant POS
  • Preside... dallasjoe 2012/08/03 00:14:05
    President Camacho
    You really bothered that I don't believe you
  • dallasjoe Preside... 2012/08/03 21:12:19
    dallasjoe
    no since you are a Bigoted person who think that the best days of America was when grown men though ever night was Holloween and their hobbies where Lynching Young men who whistled at a White woman or just plain Cross burning
  • Preside... dallasjoe 2012/08/05 13:24:17
    President Camacho
    You confuse me for a democrat
  • dallasjoe Preside... 2012/08/05 16:04:08
    dallasjoe
    No I knew you are a Goose Stepping GOP
  • Preside... dallasjoe 2012/08/05 16:13:44
    President Camacho
    So now I'm a nazi because I disagree with you. LoL
  • dallasjoe Preside... 2012/08/05 16:16:34
    dallasjoe
    othr people Goose Step you felling Paranoid the Chilean Military Goose Step
  • Preside... dallasjoe 2012/08/06 13:10:32
    President Camacho
    So I disagree with you I must be from Chile? You make no sense.
  • dallasjoe Preside... 2012/08/06 14:57:20
    dallasjoe
    +1
    no you said I am no nazi to the goose stepping comment The Nazis were not the only gooose steppers I pointed out that Chilean Army uses it in Parade
  • Preside... dallasjoe 2012/08/02 15:53:01
    President Camacho
    You are a ronpaulinian right?
  • leslie Preside... 2012/08/15 17:25:40
    leslie
    He connived his way out of military service 5 different times!!!!!!What part of Draft Dodger DON'T you understand?
  • Preside... leslie 2012/08/15 19:31:49
    President Camacho
    LoL. So did 92% of those of eligible age who took education professional or family deferments. Who do you want...career politician ronpaul?
  • maggie dallasjoe 2012/08/01 20:21:03
    maggie
    +1
    well if u lived in mass under romney regime u should have learned how to spell his name
  • cjj ~ F... maggie 2012/08/07 06:03:08
    cjj ~ FTGOP
    Rameny?
    rameny
  • dallasjoe maggie 2012/08/23 05:31:41
    dallasjoe
    HE IS AN EVIL MAN

2014/04/19 15:04:32