Should Fast Food Chains Use Food Trucks?

SodaHead News 2012/03/30 19:24:38
Generally, food trucks used to be limited to independent restaurants. They boasted the finest tacos in town, or the spiciest curry in the state, and made an adventure out of finding them. That's still the case, but recently major fast food chains like Taco Bell and Applebee's have tried to use the idea to their advantage. The latest proposal is a Chick-fil-A food truck in Washington, D.C., where the chain only has a single restaurant, and not everyone is enthused.

Sam Oches, managing editor at QSR magazine, said, "If they don't have a presence in D.C., a food truck can be a good way to introduce themselves. [But] how many consumers would say: 'I'd rather go chase a truck than go somewhere down the street?' If consumers are going to commit their food dollar to a food truck, chances are they're not going to commit them to a national brand. They're going to commit it to an innovative food truck." Do you think fast food chains should use food trucks?

food truck

• הרב ריאן Rabbi Ryan 2012/03/30 20:09:46 (edited)
    הרב ריאן Rabbi Ryan
    +12
    I believe the proper term is "Food Trailer" in this case, I personally wouldn't consume food from a Trailer/Truck as it's not usually good fresh quality. I do not care for 'Fast Food' as it isn't Kosher, and most certainly NOT 'All natural/free range/organic/etc' as it's usually loaded with by-products, artificial ingredients, preservatives, antibiotics, fillers, pesticides, and hormones etc...

Jews have been keeping kosher for thousands of years. Keeping kosher is a lifestyle and a tradition, but most of all, it is a commandment that Jews must observe in order to fulfill their covenant with God.

Kosher foods are healthier, because of the extra care taken in their production and preparation. Some of the laws regarding kashrut (Jewish dietary laws) have to do with avoiding cruelty to animals, so Jews can feel confident that animals have been treated properly and killed humanely in the process of becoming kosher meat.

Fact is, you’re already more kosher then you think. Chances are, 7 out of 10, that the cereal you ate this morning was kosher. As many as 65% of the foods in your supermarket are already kosher. It’s likely that most of the packaged foods in your fridge have a kosher symbol—go check! And if you have a favorite food that doesn’t have kosher supervision, you may be able, if you so desire, to find a perfect substitute that does.

"If you want healthy, clean-tasting food, buy kosher."

• Jiorgia ZERO 2012/04/01 14:29:50
    Jiorgia
    ban processed foods. how are you not getting this.

yes and weed, when legal, will continue to sell for $2000/lb and powders if ever legal would still sell for $20,000/lb, that would not change. your comparing the prices of things that have always been legal to things that are ilegal.
    you just said that they spend all of their money and then rob you for yours, and then said that they would rather get high then steal things, you realise that right.
  • Sweet-N... Jiorgia 2012/04/01 20:02:44
    Sweet-N-Sour
    +1
    The government should have NO say in what you eat. Period. Food and drugs, prescription or otherwise, are NOT the same things. For the government to decide what you consume is an assault on personal liberty. Your argument assumes that everyone is too stupid to make their own decisions. People are not stupid, just willfully ignorant, and that is their prerogative. Plus, consider this; the government has already approved the preservatives, chemicals, artificial sweeteners, hormones, etc., etc., for consumption. They say it is all perfectly safe. We can see that it is not by the general health of the population. That being said, do you really think they will ban their moneymakers? They can make no money off of natural substances. Worry about yourself and what YOU eat, I will do the same.
  • G Jiorgia 2012/04/02 10:27:00
    G
    I don't like it. IT SHOULD BE BANNED.
  • Jiorgia G 2012/04/02 10:31:48
    Jiorgia
    IT HAS SERIOUS HEALTH RISKS AND IS SEVERELY CHANGING THE HUMAN RACE, something should be done about it.
  • Yes
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷTisdragonflyƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    I see nothing wrong with friendly competiveness that 's what makes variety so great
  • Tommy Trend 2012/04/01 05:25:43
    Tommy Trend
    sounds interesting!
  • Redskin 2012/04/01 04:38:53
    Redskin
    +2
    Now Bringing Diabetes and Obesity Directly To You!

bringing diabetes obesity
  • Chris Redskin 2012/04/02 04:43:34 (edited)
    Chris
    +1
    obese american women
    Sadly America has become a joke because of it.

Even sadder is that this "fat culture" as I call it is like a disease and it's spreading throughout the world. I hate living in this culture, it is very difficult to stay healthy and trim with people constantly offering me gross fattening crap. I don't want this crap to spread outside the US... it's like a virus that should be contained here at least.
    quarantine area
    Quarantine the fatties I say.
  • Redskin Chris 2012/04/02 05:04:22
    Redskin
    Amen to that
  • Wake The Sheeple 2012/04/01 04:11:32
    Wake The Sheeple
    Food trucks should be reserved for good food.

taco truck
  • TheAvengers#1Fan 2012/04/01 03:56:03 (edited)
    TheAvengers#1Fan
    +1
    mmmmm Chick Fil A......mmmm.... Chick fil a Logo
  • Kayla<3 TheAven... 2012/04/01 19:25:44
    Kayla<3
    OHMYGOD YES
  • niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20 2012/04/01 03:38:47
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    +1
    Since the 60's when Corn Syrup was "discovered" we have been digging a deeper hole in our health, decade by decade.

So, lets continue the trend and get those trucks in the neighborhood and add bicycle delivery kids for those who do not want to leave their sofa.
  • aikidoka37 2012/04/01 02:04:07
    aikidoka37
    Judging by the picture you provided for us I'd say they already started doing that.
  • Ruger 2012/04/01 01:59:21
    Ruger
    +1
    Whatever gets a Taco Bell to my town.
  • overdog001 2012/04/01 00:43:59
    overdog001
    It gives downtown workers more options without having to travel far.
  • C. C. Rider 2012/04/01 00:37:04
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    Well, lets face it....the crap is trucked in, why not truck it right back out. LOL

meat wagon 1920
  • KATLYN 2012/03/31 22:51:51
    KATLYN
    why not
  • ~Kutie~ 2012/03/31 22:32:17
    ~Kutie~
    Just what we need! yet an even faster way to get to get to this healthy food
  • Chris 2012/03/31 22:14:19
    Chris
    And they should also use unmanned drones for delivery! ...jk :D
  • Chris 2012/03/31 21:34:40 (edited)
    Chris
    +3
    People are fat enough as is. They are so lazy we don't even have video stores like Blockbuster anymore, it's all online... that's how fat and lazy people are getting that they can't waddle their lard ass into a video store to pick out something.
    blockbuster video closed
  • jackie Chris 2012/03/31 22:09:32
    jackie
    Lol. I don't get why skinny people can't walk their skinny butts to the store and rent out a DVD. Besides I missed the candy they sold :p
  • Chris jackie 2012/04/01 02:28:03
    Chris
    This is about a serious health epidemic and really isn't a laughing matter, obesity is the largest killer in America besides tobacco use... and as a result anyone not fat has to constantly dive lard ass culture. There is barely any actual healthy food to even eat at most fast food places forcing anyone who actually cares about their health to cook at home and pack their lunches, etc... this entire nation is too busy catering to lard asses, they all need to just drop dead of heart failure, disgusting pigs.
  • niviong... Chris 2012/04/01 03:34:23
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    Hi Chris. You are absolutely right on target. deeper digging into the issue would convinced you that the only way to eat healthy today is by either growing your own food or going to an organic farmers market.
    Sorry for interrupting.
  • Chris niviong... 2012/04/01 06:51:50
    Chris
    You're absolutely right... when we have fat culture all around us every day, it's very difficult to always eat healthy. It takes a lot of will power to only think healthy foods... when it really shouldn't be this way... if all fast food restaurants focused on selling high quality, delicious, healthy meals... I am sure they could achieve that goal... but their bottom line is consumer demand, too many people want greasy, salty fattening foods unfortunately.
  • niviong... Chris 2012/04/01 13:47:18
    niviongo R ☮ P ☮ 12-20
    Yes indeed. We have little respect for our bodies.
    Shameful! It is a divine piece of work that labours falwlessly.
  • Nuke Chris 2012/04/01 06:47:36
    Nuke
    +2
    Frankly if someone want's to kill themselves it's none of your concern, if someone wants to sit and order pizza while renting a movie streamed on Netflix you don't even see it so it shouldn't even matter to you...
    You're a rude and obnoxious person who's obviously obsessed with fat or you'd shut your mouth about it and actually let people drop dead of heart failure rather than Bitching about something that is both none of your concern and have no control over.
  • Chris Nuke 2012/04/01 06:57:59
    Chris
    +1
    What everyone does on a daily basis creates our world, you saying it's one person that wants to be fat and lazy is not his fault for fat culture... that's like saying it's not the rain drops fault for the flood. Obesity is my concern, it raises my health insurance premiums, it surrounds me every day on the streets, it invades my office and home with people constantly trying to get me to eat fattening unhealthy crap... It's like a non-smoker living in a world of smokers who are constantly trying to get you to smoke.

And I am rude and obnoxious for not wanting to partake in that disgusting habit of obesity? lol
  • Nuke Chris 2012/04/01 07:09:30
    Nuke
    +1
    No, your COMMENT was rude and obnoxious you moron...
    It's still none of your concern what anyone eats, drinks, puts on their food or anything having to do with THEM.
    I live in this world too and guess what, I have no control over what people eat, don't eat and I don't care what others eat or don't eat, I focus on what I eat and don't eat.
    If you don't like fast food don't eat it, I haven't eaten McDonalds in 3 years with no problem, I personally think it's disgusting and unsatisfying but I'm not going to tell people they shouldn't eat there, they already know how bad it is for them.
    Let them die on their own, why should I care what they eat, I'm not their nanny, I'm not their parent.
  • jackie Nuke 2012/04/01 11:03:28
    jackie
    I know it was rude. I would not dare say big people should drop dead of a heart attack! Obviously he doesn't have anybody he loves who is big. I wish all rude and nasty people like him would drop dead. Maybe talking sh!t over the Internet he should ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING to help these poor people THEN make it his business. Some of them eat badly because people say stuff like that, let somebody that's big come across his comment? They might go to the fridge and get a piece of cake or something unhealthy. He did more harm than good. And who said skinny was healthy? I met a girl in the hospital that didn't eat at all! And almost had heart failure. God bless her soul she's doing better now.
  • Chris jackie 2012/04/01 20:00:36
    Chris
    They have to take responsibility for their own life, lose the weight and stop abusing their bodies with crap food. I say they should drop dead because that is their inevitable fate based on their own decisions every day to eat unhealthy garbage. Just as a smoker must accept their inevitable fate to die of cancer from their commitment to smoking tobacco.

How am I "rude" for expecting them to accept the consequences of their own actions?
  • Chris Nuke 2012/04/01 19:51:11 (edited)
    Chris
    No your comment is rude and obnoxious as you are name calling. I am simply attacking a health issue, excessive fat. If they love being fat and living in fat culture, they must accept and love their inevitable demise, in many cases, heart failure, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc...

Just as smokers of tobacco must accept their inevitable demise.. cancer and a host of other health issues. If they can't accept those outcomes/side effects, then don't smoke.

But don't come to me and my health insurance company raising my rates because of them wanting treatments for all these health issues when they full and well brought them on willingly by their own commitment to those bad habits. If a smoker gets cancer, keep it to himself and die... same thing for a obese person, if he gets diabetes, deal with it, don't expect healthy people who are responsible for their own lives to take care of it.

• Nuke Chris 2012/04/02 03:17:01
    Nuke
    Yeah but I have good reason, you're a huge douchebag who's insecure and cares way too much about what other people are consuming, it's none of your business what they eat.
    Just because I don't touch McD's or many other fast food places doesn't mean I go around telling people what they should or shouldn't eat, you are nothing more than an emotional terrorist to people, I can tell by the way you're talking.
    I don't go blaming other people for things, I pay my dues like everyone else and so do larger people, you do realize that insurance companies take into account, smokers, overweight people and other things then factor in the cost and their insurance is adjusted for pay; on top of this some insurance companies won't take certain people.
    You should try just living your life instead of worrying about other peoples bad habits.
  • Chris Nuke 2012/04/02 04:38:24
    Chris
    Just because you keep saying it's none of my business doesn't make it true. It's my business because it is everyone's community. We shouldn't cater to just those with eating problems just because it is profitable.... it's unethical and is subjecting children to these foul habits.
  • Nuke Chris 2012/04/02 04:59:29 (edited)
    Nuke
    It does make it true because it is literally NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!
    Just like it's none of my business if you sit there and eat tofu all damn day if you want to.
    Just like if you like lots of salt on your food, or ketchup all over everything you eat or if you want to snack on crickets if you wanted.
    What someone else eats, doesn't concern you.
    You know what's unethical? forcing people to eat only "healthy" things, Watch Demolition man and that's where we're headed.
    Just because you had parents that took you out to eat all the time doesn't mean you get to inflict and force yourself on others.
    What if I came over to you and told you that you shouldn't eat something and you're only allowed to eat what I tell you because what you're doing is child abuse?
    I think you need to get professional help to get over your obsession with other people, your constant need to control others and your necrotic "I'm better than everyone else" attitude.
    Because after all you know best right? It's people like you that want the government to control every aspect of peoples lives, what they can and can't eat, who they can talk to, what they can think.
    You have control issues Chris and you need a lot of help from the looks of it.
  • Chris Nuke 2012/04/02 05:07:23 (edited)
    Chris
    obesity
    As long as people don't understand these health risks before they are subjected to this "food" then we are not doing our part as a society to watch out for each other. There needs to be warnings on any unhealthy foods. But corporations pay off congress to prevent people from knowing how unhealthy some food is.... Most people didn't know that Coca-Cola had cancer causing ingredients

http://www.reuters.com/articl...

It wasn't until they were forced to label the warning that they agreed to remove the cancer causing ingredients.

I'm not talking about Prohibition of unhealthy food, I don't believe in prohibition... didn't work for alcohol and has cost us 7 Trillion dollars with the current War on Drugs, so I know that the "control" that you speak of doesn't work... I am merely saying people aren't educated enough about nutrition. They need to know about the health risks and accept them... but how can they do that if all they are fed is a steady diet of advertising from McDonalds?
  • Nuke Chris 2012/04/02 05:29:04
    Nuke
    Wow you really don't get it do you?
    People KNOW what fast food does, they KNOW how bad it is for them and they STILL eat it, why don't you get this?
    You know what's unhealthy? Obsessions like you have with what other people are eating.
    People know the risks of smoking these days and people still smoke, people know the risks of eating fast food every day and still eat it, people KNOW and understand.
    I think you don't understand because if you did you would know that other people know the risks of it and you wouldn't even have to say anything.
    I know that if I jump out of a plane that there's a risk of my shoot not opening, it's really not rocket science Chris.
    Stop worrying about what other people are eating or being concerned that they "don't understand the risks" because they do.
  • Chris Nuke 2012/04/02 06:14:34
    Chris
    obese children
    Perhaps adults, but these kids don't understand those risks and willing to accept them to have that Quarter Pounder with cheese. That culture is being forced onto them by their parents. And if their parents are giving them these things knowing full and well how bad they are... that is child abuse.
  • Nuke Chris 2012/04/02 06:37:19
    Nuke
    Oh please, the parents know full well how bad it is and part of the problem is that it's a time thing.
    1. not everyone has time to sit and cook, some people are so busy or tired they just want to let someone else do the cooking for them.
    2. lazy society where they just don't want to cook or even worse some people can't cook to save their lives which is a bit ironic.
    Still you can't tell people what they can and can't eat, people know the risks and what they're doing to their kids.
    Is it bad and lazy parenting to feed your kid fast food every day?
    Yes.
    is it bad parenting to do it once in a while?
    No.
    I frankly don't concern myself with what other people are eating and I don't concern myself with what people are feeding their kids.
    Remember, it's THEIR kids, not yours and you don't know if the parent only takes their kid once a month and you also don't know if the kid has something going on in their bodies.
    Would you want anyone telling you how to raise your kid?
    You seriously need to let go, focus on your life and family, don't concern yourself with what other people are eating.
    I'm sure you have enough worries in your own life that you don't need to worry about other people.
    I understand that you were that fat kid but really, not everyone takes their kids out to eat every day like your ...

Yes.
    No.
    I understand that you were that fat kid but really, not everyone takes their kids out to eat every day like your parents did.
    I know there are people who do that but I don't know them, stop trying to control everything and let go.
    I can't control anything and I'm not worried about it, if I died because of what I ate then I'll die happy.
    Because some people live their whole lives and never truly live.
    What good is it to live your life and never go anywhere, never taste anything, never listen or hear?
  • jackie Nuke 2012/04/01 11:23:37
    jackie
    +2
    You wanna know why he's obsessed with fat? Because he's afraid his own ass might be fat one day.

2014/04/20 21:14:23