Has your heart been hardened away from God with your experience of 'So-Called Christians' on Sodahead?

Kyra 2012/05/18 09:31:30
Yes, Christians are to help save you from the fire, not push you into it.
No, Christ died so Christians can self righteously judge others.
Other...
God loves you and the Christians that have portrayed that He does not are not representative of HIM. Jesus died to save you, not to condemn you. The Gospel is the Good News that you are not condemned because of your flaws, but may be saved from them. If someone has a bad news message it is not the Gospel of Jesus, His was one of healing, humility, peace, love, and compassion.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
~Ephesians 4:29-32

“A new command I give you:
Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

~John 13:34-35

• Kyra tredzwater 2012/05/21 03:05:15
    Kyra
    +1
    exactly.
  • Bingo's... Kyra 2012/05/19 18:53:46
    Bingo's Faddah
    Please don't quote scripture to me. I've read your book and studied Christianity extensively. I cannot explain the motives of anyone for making statements.

Why a new covenant? Did God's mind change?
  • Kyra Bingo's... 2012/05/20 01:02:33
    Kyra
    I guess so.... Jesus came!
  • Bingo's... Kyra 2012/05/20 10:52:32
    Bingo's Faddah
    OK, one last comment on this from me. A being or entity that knows everything about past, present and future would be surprised by nothing and would not have to change their mind. It's great to have religious convictions but it's up to the individual to decide what's good and bad about the belief system and which rules are crap. Religions are like social clubs and all except Paganism have proven themselves to be political. Buddhism doesn't count as it's a lifestyle, not a religion. Buddhists feel humans haven't evolved enough to know anything about God, and I agree. I came yesterday but that doesn't make me God.

count lifestyle religion buddhists feel humans evolved god yesterday god
  • Kyra Bingo's... 2012/05/21 01:23:19 (edited)
    Kyra
    +1
    My spirituality is not a religion... it's a lifestyle. We are supposed to live Christianity just like a Buddhist. And if you read Jesus' word... you can find a quote that Buddha said it too... they were both for love, peace and compassion.
  • Bingo's... Kyra 2012/05/21 14:43:43
    Bingo's Faddah
    +1
    Mine too and we completely agree. Most Christians seem to ignore the example Christ set.
  • tredzwater Kyra 2012/05/19 13:05:28 (edited)
    tredzwater
    That is one of the most asinine remarks I've read on SH...and SH is a veritable ocean of asinine remarks.

You have ZERO right to tell ANYONE what to believe. Zero, zip, none, nil, nada. Keep your culturally-induced insanity to yourself and stop thinking that belief in a fantasy makes you special. It doesn't.

It makes you an object of ridicule.
    =============================...
    As far as your god in the Bible is concerned, here is an account of your little copycat demi-god according to your own scriptures. (I can do this for dear old dad, as well.)

Jesus acto the Bible:

* He was a bastard. (His mother was unmarried and pregnant and didn't end up married to her impregnator.)

* His family thought he was crazy. (You'd think that Mary would have said something like, "Now, children. Little Jesus is a bit...different...because he was sired by Yahweh. So, ignore anything weird he might do.")

* He was stupid. (He didn't know what time of year fig trees were supposed to bear fruit...something the lowliest peasant child of that time and place would know.)

* He had anger-management problems (He blasted the above fig tree because it didn't fruit out of season for him.)

* He was rude. (He called a woman a dog and twice told his mother to, basically, STFU.)

* He was anti-family. (He told people th...

It makes you an object of ridicule.
    =============================...

Jesus acto the Bible:

* He was anti-family. (He told people they must hate their mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers.)

*He was anti-God. (He despaired at the moment of his death. "My God, my God, why has thou forsaken me?" You'd think that if he was some sort of a god he'd KNOW, wouldn't you?)

* He couldn't possibly be the prophesied Messiah. (Not only was he not the foretold MILITARY leader, he wasn't of the lineage of David. That, alone, makes him a fake. Mary wasn't of David's line...Joseph was. But, Jesus wasn't related to Joseph, was he? Joseph was his step-dad so there is no possibly genetic linkage.)

The many godlings of pagan mythos, conceived in the exact same god/human sex act, were heroes. They DID stuff. Hercules strangled deadly serpents while in his cradle. Perseus killed the Medusa. Orpheus tamed wild beasts with his music.

Jesus couldn't even reach pagan standards for "sons of God". He did nothing except wander around for 3 years, build a following of illiterate, unwashed fishermen and get offed by the Romans as a minor political insurrectionist. Hardly the stuff of legend. Had Constantine not been enamoured of the idea of a supreme god in heaven (which suited his idea of a supreme ruler on earth...namely him) Christianity would have remained just another unregarded sect of slaves and malcontents.
  • Vortex Lord 2012/05/18 11:46:31
    Other...
    Vortex Lord
    What the hell!
  • ג'סיקה Ihre führer 2012/05/18 11:38:36 (edited)
    Other...
    ג'סיקה Ihre führer
    I'm tired of Christians in general. Let's put it like this (I can say this because I was raised Jewish) I feel to Christians how Hitler felt to Jews... The End.... But I felt like that before Sodahead... But the people on here made it a tad bit worse.
  • Kyra ג'סיקה ... 2012/05/18 11:40:35
    Kyra
    +3
    You want Christians dead?
  • ג'סיקה ... Kyra 2012/05/18 11:41:01
    ג'סיקה Ihre führer
    Can't say I don't.
  • Kyra ג'סיקה ... 2012/05/18 11:43:39
    Kyra
    +3
    "I feel to Christians how Hitler felt to Jews" Yikes!! Harsh words 666.
  • ג'סיקה ... Kyra 2012/05/18 11:46:02
    ג'סיקה Ihre führer
    +3
    I'm a harsh person. I speak what I feel. It's not like done Christians haven't said worse to me. Oh believe me, I've heard worse. One time I had been threatened to be "crucified".
  • lisaokapi ג'סיקה ... 2012/05/18 14:40:50
    lisaokapi
    +1
    So why react with the same evil?
  • ג'סיקה ... lisaokapi 2012/05/18 15:00:59
    ג'סיקה Ihre führer
    +1
    I get annoyed easy. My religion teaches people to get what they deserve. If they can give it they can take it.
  • lisaokapi ג'סיקה ... 2012/05/18 15:18:34
    lisaokapi
    +2
    My religion teaches...show me in the Torah that one. I realize people can be really ugly. You understand that besides the Jews themselves its the Christian religion that is standing by the Jews in Isreal. We are the ONLY ones standing beside them while the muslims wish to crucify them. Why hate all Christians based on a few ugly ones-thats biased.
  • ג'סיקה ... lisaokapi 2012/05/18 15:21:10
    ג'סיקה Ihre führer
    I said I was RAISED Jewish, I didn't say I STAYED Jewish. I converted to another.
  • lisaokapi ג'סיקה ... 2012/05/18 15:37:40
    lisaokapi
    +1
    oh well best not to hold hateful feelings towards others its bad for your health. In all this political turmoil I find my own advice hard to follow! LOL So when I start to get antsy I just go have a beer and calm down.
  • lisaokapi lisaokapi 2012/05/18 15:38:14
  • Uranos7 lisaokapi 2012/05/18 18:37:45
    Uranos7
    +1
    Your wasting your time 666 mag._ is a Satanist.
    From thier profile page:
    "Okay my hero's were Jack the Ripper!!!!! <3, Adolf Hitler, and Satan. But apparently people got their panties in a bunch so now they're Mao Zedong, Napoleon Bonaparte, and Barack Obama. Happy? "
    With those as 'heroes' they are too hard hearted and possibly already sociopathic.
  • lisaokapi Uranos7 2012/05/20 17:04:53 (edited)
    lisaokapi
    +1
    Oh wow didnt check the profile. Thanks for the info. Ya never know though when being civil helps turn one around. She is only 15 nuff said.
  • momma-o... Kyra 2012/05/23 01:07:18
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    I am Hebrew, and I have learned that not all Hebrews loved God but went after other gods and also it was those Hebrew's who backed Hitler, Still today operate under, as you put 666
  • Chris -... ג'סיקה ... 2012/05/18 14:57:07
  • ג'סיקה ... Chris -... 2012/05/18 14:59:47
    ג'סיקה Ihre führer
    Meh
  • Lady Wh... Kyra 2012/05/18 12:40:38
    +2
    Not me.... Pagans RESPECT life.
  • Link 2012/05/18 11:19:50 (edited)
    Other...
    Link
    +2
    No, all my life I had religion crammed down my throat...

There's good and bad in every religion, as in every group of people...
  • runningintriangles 2012/05/18 10:54:37
    Other...
    runningintriangles
    +4
    No, my heart has nothing to do with it. My brain, on the other hand, prevents me from believing in fairy tales into adulthood. I'm not a child anymore, I don't need an imaginary friend to function.
  • Stacie 2012/05/18 10:36:32
    Other...
    Stacie
    +1
    First of all, my heart could never be hardened against God. He gave me this heart, and a part of Him will always reside within it.

As far as your reference to "So Called Christians" - I concede that there are people that claim to be Christians when they are anything but.

I would prefer that such hypocrites did not exist, but their false beliefs are of little issue to me, as I know what true Christianity is, even if they do not.
  • The Judge 2012/05/18 10:33:58
    Other...
    The Judge
    +1
    SH has many people that do not represent your religion very well. On the other hand there have been some very nice Christians on here too.Christianity lost it's meaning for me along time ago. Yes the followers are part of the reason I left the church but i was also seeking reality and that is something else it could not give me.
  • MorbidCynic 2012/05/18 10:28:57 (edited)
    Other...
    MorbidCynic
    +1
    I'm a theist (though not a Christian) and when a so called Christian harasses or trolls me I actually feel a little bit closer to God, though still not as close as I should be. Also, my Dad is a Christian and though he's not perfect and irritates me sometimes he's a good person.
  • Andy Fletcher 2012/05/18 10:19:16
    Other...
    Andy Fletcher
    +3
    My opinions on God and Christendom were formed well before the internet, much less SodaHead.
    Other...
    +6
    Pagan here.

If anyone has a "hard heart", it's YOUR "god".
  • Kyra Lady Wh... 2012/05/18 10:08:10
    Kyra
    +3
    Have you read the words of Jesus?
  • Lady Wh... Kyra 2012/05/18 11:28:54
    +3
    Yes, and DIDN'T like what I read. "woman this" "Woman that" "Woman something else".... gimme a break. sounded like a 4-year old boy screeching "Girls have cooties!"
  • Kyra Lady Wh... 2012/05/18 11:38:57
    Kyra
    +2
    He treated women good... I wish I knew which scriptures you were referring too.
  • Simeon~... Kyra 2012/05/18 15:40:42 (edited)
    Simeon~thegayliberal
    +1
    Most of the anti-woman stuff is in Paul's letters, nonetheless. Paul wasn't too fond of women, or of homosexuals.
  • Uranos7 Lady Wh... 2012/05/18 19:01:40
    Uranos7
    +2
    The first person jesus appeared to was a woman signifying thier importance to him.
    Mark 16:9: Now after He had risen early on the first day of the week, He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons.

Mary Magdaline was a prostitute whom Jesus cured and forgave. she became one of his most devout followers.
    Another instance is that of the Pharisie and the prostitute.
    Luke 7:36-50

[36] Now one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, so he went to the Pharisee's house and reclined at the table. [37] When a woman who had lived a sinful life in that town learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee's house, she brought an alabaster jar of perfume, [38] and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

[39] When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is -- that she is a sinner."

[40] Jesus answered him, "Simon, I have something to tell you."

"Tell me, teacher," he said.

[41] "Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. [42] Neither of them had the money to pay h...

Luke 7:36-50

"Tell me, teacher," he said.

[41] "Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. [42] Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he canceled the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?"

[43] Simon replied, "I suppose the one who had the bigger debt canceled."

"You have judged correctly," Jesus said.

[44] Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. [45] You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. [46] You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. [47] Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven -- for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little."

[48] Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."

[49] The other guests began to say among themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?"

[50] Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

Jesus treated everyone equally.
    He often chastised pharisies for thier superior and judgemental attitudes.
    The only time Jesus ever showed anger was when the merchants were using religion for profit.
  • Jim Kyra 2012/05/18 11:48:48
    Jim
    Your loving God murdered Ananias and Sapphira. Have a read some time.

• Kyra Jim 2012/05/18 11:55:28
    Kyra
    +2
    I'm not here to debate God... I am sorry if you think this poll was for that.
  • MorbidC... Lady Wh... 2012/05/18 10:30:18
    MorbidCynic
    I'm hard hearted too, but only because it's part of my personality, are you gonna bash me for it? If you do I'll report you.

2014/04/19 07:12:13