Girl Dies from Prank Gone Wrong. Real or Fake?

Freshtildeath 2010/09/05 03:42:49
Related Topics: YouTube, Fake
Watch this clip and decide

Original Video:

MY RESPONSE:

Read More: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSPnzgwTHe4

• Nauticaa 2010/09/05 06:59:06
    Fake
    Nauticaa
    +7
    If my friend were hit by a car I wouldn't be still filming, I would have dropped the camera to help them - and I think that would be anyone's natural reaction. Also there is no way a friend would have posted this if someone really died. Also the driver was not at all convincing.

• niforos 2013/10/05 03:27:28
  • D4nnyB0i 2013/03/10 10:11:47
    Fake
    D4nnyB0i
    So I did some digging and finally figured out that "Rachel" is in fact an actress and that the video is most certainly FAKE. She even posted on her facebook page about the video and still to this day posts frequently. Her name is Cindy Vela and here is her facebook page (listed as an actress).

https://www.facebook.com/Cind...
  • juaan 2012/12/24 04:18:53
    juaan
    I think the video is fake. Her ribs would be crushed, but there not plus theres no blood
  • Andreas Balandin 2012/12/11 14:42:01
    Real
    Andreas Balandin
    Its real.anyone that say she wasnt hit by a car is is dumb.did it kill her? This could kill a person! So why shouldnt she die or survive?i mean,ether she i alive to day or not. It was a terreble exidente!!
  • alena Andreas... 2013/01/15 23:20:16
    alena
    +11
    Um learn some English spelling and literature first and then answer again!!!!! I was cringing reading your reply
  • brandy.... alena 2014/02/13 03:26:08
    brandy.thomas.5680
    +2
    That comment had not a dam thing to do with u...get a life and don't try to correct nobody else's grammar!!
  • Maya 2012/11/28 04:47:57
    Fake
    Maya
    +2
    LOOK RETARDS!!! IT'S FAKE!!!!! Here's the proof. Morons. https://www.facebook.com/medi...
  • Amelia ... Maya 2012/11/29 01:31:39
    Amelia Bedelia
    +9
    Yes, we're all "retards" and "morons" for having a basic sense of common decency and human empathy. Whether real or fake, I'm sorry that the message of the original video was totally lost on you. My condolences to your family for having raised an emotionless sociopath.
  • scott.d... Amelia ... 2012/11/29 05:51:57
    scott.desrosiers.3
    +9
    Jumping to conclusions is both moronic and retarded. The real message of this should be to take everything on the internet with a grain of salt and that we should research our opinions before we go willy-nilly with our reactions online. I understand the initial reaction as if you watched this with someone, but if you actually take the time to go online and post about it you should fact check it first. This reminded me of a pic where it appeared a guy was pouring vodka down a dog's throat. Dog lovers (and I am a huge one) all over were posting about how this guy should be tracked down and reported to the authorities. The more extremists were calling for some pretty disgusting things to happen to him when you could clearly see that the bottle was full and completely tipped, no air bubbles were making its way from the neck to the base of the bottle, AND you could see the bottom end of the lid through the glass, indicating that the lid was still on. Stupid idea for a pic, but the outrage was even worse so no need to excuse being reactionary online when we all have the same tools with which to research it first.
  • Bacchusix 2012/11/27 23:21:26 (edited)
    Fake
    Bacchusix
    +1
    Let’s use science to solve this one. First, her not seeing the car is completely possible. During a sympatho-adrenal response, more commonly known as a fight or flight response, a person can very easily experience tunnel vision. People have been known to run off cliffs or trip over clearly visible objects in a high stress situations; they just simply do not see the threat because the body is in a panicked state. Therefore, this part of the video may be true.

However, if this video is true, it did not happen in this universe because it straight up defies Newtonian physics. There are two facts we can use to prove this. A: the woman was hit at the full speed of the car. B: the car decelerated to a full stop shortly after impact. The car stopped in a distance of roughly 15 ft. so, using a forensic calculator, we can deduce that the car was traveling about 18 mph.. Based on the principles of collisions and inertia, we know that momentum was transferred to the woman from the car, she would be accelerated very quickly to about 17mph (based off the inelastic collision equation) , and that she would continue to travel at that velocity until acted on by an outside force. What does all this mean? There is no way she could be “sucked” under the car because she would have traveled faster th...

However, if this video is true, it did not happen in this universe because it straight up defies Newtonian physics. There are two facts we can use to prove this. A: the woman was hit at the full speed of the car. B: the car decelerated to a full stop shortly after impact. The car stopped in a distance of roughly 15 ft. so, using a forensic calculator, we can deduce that the car was traveling about 18 mph.. Based on the principles of collisions and inertia, we know that momentum was transferred to the woman from the car, she would be accelerated very quickly to about 17mph (based off the inelastic collision equation) , and that she would continue to travel at that velocity until acted on by an outside force. What does all this mean? There is no way she could be “sucked” under the car because she would have traveled faster than the decelerating car, being thrown clear of being run over. Even if the driver did not stop, the principles of elastic collisions in two dimensions means she would have been “thrown” up and out, based on the low profile of the car and the angle she was hit, and she would eventually be thrown to the side or over the top of the vehicle.

It is all movie magic and, short of the bogus physics, well done. Watch this video to see how they created it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
  • trinamarie 2012/10/02 18:14:38
  • Mary Gonzales 2012/01/03 14:32:20
    Real
    Mary Gonzales
    I really thought it was real, it gave me chills and I couldn't get my mind off of it, so I looked it up and found out if was fake. You can look her up on facebook, her name is Cindy Vela. But damn when she got hit by the car whoever is holding the camera, she was a great freakin actress!!! Her shaky voice was damn amazing!
  • Robert Blake 2011/10/12 00:39:41
    Fake
    Robert Blake
    +1
    FAKE!!!
  • John 2011/05/04 16:11:42
    Fake
    John
    +2
    it's practically impossible for a car to go that fast and kill the girl as well as suck her under the car. it would take a greater amount of speed to suck her in. if my friend were to die, damn i would be calling 911 like hell telling them my friend just got run over a car and not film it. dumb asses. whoever posted the video, i know for a fact that your just wanna be famous and post a fake death. why would the guy, driving the car, not stop when she was already on the road? why didn't the car stop right away when the guy knew he hit a girl?
  • rachel John 2011/09/17 16:50:05
    rachel
    +3
    Listen it's called a hit and run and really ur that stupid

And the drive didn't stop because there crazy
  • rachel 2011/12/03 06:47:01
    +3
    Are you really that stupid? Obviously he did stop, as in its not a hit and run. You can plainly see the driver get out of the car at the end. What John is talking about is the fact that the driver wouldve had ample reaction time to stop the car before he hit the girl.
  • Carissa John 2011/12/12 00:24:31
    Carissa
    +1
    your right people can be soo stupid
  • djohhny.D John 2011/12/21 02:48:19
    djohhny.D
    +2
    its called skidding or gravity force propultion....when a object is in motion its stoping speed depends all on its projection speed and on yr timeing\reaction\attention..so .if u slam the brakes at 60 mph cause sumthing\sum1 jumped in front of you probably be doing about 40\30mps when u hit em..
  • john 2011/04/21 02:42:42
    Fake
    john
    thats so stupid y would they still be recording and y would they post it on youtube so stupid FAKE!!!!!
  • av 2011/04/16 14:16:56
    Fake
    av
    i love his accent
  • charlotte 2011/04/04 14:21:46
    Fake
    charlotte
    if it was real would her friend really post it on youtube. noone would be that sick to do that. and also would she really run all that way when her friend called her name. one last thing, she would have dropped the camera and run over not filmed it if it had been real. ok
  • Nicole 2011/02/10 17:17:30
  • liz_sexy_gurl317 2011/02/08 18:10:29
    Real
    liz_sexy_gurl317
    look real but not sure
  • giselle 2011/01/09 16:39:28
    Fake
    giselle
    For me the video is real....its real because any person couldve grabbed her camera nd put on youtube nd also how could it been fake...y would she want to b hit by a car only to videotape a film nd it wasnt a doll or a dare devil because yhu could actually hear when she got hit
  • charlotte giselle 2011/04/04 14:24:01
    charlotte
    +4
    i think possibly they might have been trying to make a point tbh like a campaign on how pranks can go wrong. but we are all entitled to our own opinions and im not going to lie i did jump and for a second thought it was real so i dont judge you. :)
  • lindsaylohan 2010/12/20 17:43:48
    Fake
    lindsaylohan
    dumbasses.
  • nana 2010/12/15 16:08:28
  • MaLoSco 2010/11/09 22:25:33 (edited)
    Fake
    MaLoSco
    This is her Facebook were she even says that it was a short film and not more. Dnt worry people, no harm done. Only a FAKE ! 100 % prove!!!
    Check her facebook Cindy Vela and check the Pictures. You can see the making of and read the story behind the movie. FAKE :)
  • KenBromley 2010/11/07 04:59:13
    Fake
    KenBromley
    The model/actress' name is Cindy Vela from California...she's on facebook to.
  • gehp10 2010/11/07 04:24:21
    Fake
    gehp10
    bad acting..like she wouldnt have seen the car coming..nd the actors were not convincing..nd funny how she just gets off the phone b4 she turns around..yah ok..nd if it is real..it should have nvr made it online.
  • Mandie 2010/10/26 18:09:46
    Fake
    Mandie
    Its fake, the girls name is Cindy Vela. U can look her up on facebook, she is a small time actress. She talks about the filming of the prank on facebook.
  • vero 2010/10/25 18:46:23
    Fake
    vero
    it would b all over the news plus! why would they keep filming....n she went down the car why is she side ways!!
  • Jeannie 2010/10/20 01:18:18
    Jeannie
    The most interesting part of this whole dilemma is how the ones who voted "Fake" want to believe it wouldn't air on the web if it was real.
    Guys, do you realise where our entertainement industry has gone? It has gone to the point we cannot decipher what is real and what is fake. And we hope that it is fake, cuz otherwise, we are cruel animals. In the 62 percentile who voted fake, 50 % WANT it to be fake. They just don't know

I don't have an opinion, but know that even if it is real, the video poster is probably rich right now due to the super stupid number of viewer he had. and he doesn't give a dam about the death of a young woman, cuz he made his money,.
    I think it could be real....
  • Legadem... Jeannie 2010/10/29 02:26:40
    LegademaCinderheart
    +2
    It's fake. The actress who played the girl even talks about it.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages...
    http://www.facebook.com/album...
    True, some things online are horribly real, but this is not one of those videos. And btw, Youtube doesn't give money to people. If someone got millions of views on a video, it wouldn't matter, those views have no monetary value. The only way they would make money is by selling the video to the press, and if that were the case, that person would have been arrested.
  • charlotte Jeannie 2011/04/04 14:25:46
    charlotte
    +3
    i think it could too but highly unlikely so i posted fake. but i must admit i did think maybe it could be and someone might be that sick to post it but i dont know. i have heard they are actors and the one that gets hit is on facebook. dont know what to believe tbh..
  • WillmerBarahona 2010/10/08 19:34:36
    Fake
    WillmerBarahona
    physics laws: newtons third law: action-reaction
    when the car is stopping is loosing acceleration due the breaks are exerting a force greater than the accelerative force and logically in the opposite direction. now according to the third law the stopping force should exert an opposite force equal in magnitude but in a different direction by pushing the girl away instead of sucking her beneath the car.
    Also there is no wreck on the car front and hood also if the girl was knocked down parallel then she was found lying crossed and without any cuts, broken limbs, trauma signs nor bruises.
    its almost imperceptible but the scene cut is exactly when the camera girl is going out the door as I percieved.
    So this leads me to say its fake... made feel bad at first instance but still good efects
  • goomba98 Willmer... 2011/11/14 13:04:07
    goomba98
    +1
    I agree totally it's all physics...It's a quality fake video, which they finally admitted it was fake but I was grossed out for a while and I like you put 2 and 2 together and they definately do not make 4 in this video just due to action/reaction....You put it in the best terms, I could not have done it any better!! Thanks, Michelle
  • Pizzle Willmer... 2011/12/23 00:43:29
    Pizzle
    +3
    So if what your saying is correct. A car that hits a person without the brakes being applied will suck them under due to the force, speed and weight of the car moving forward. I have seen many videos of people getting thrown up, out, and forward from being hit by a car that has not hit The brakes. This all simply has to do with the angle, height, stride, and position of the body. I'm not saying this video is real just wanted to throw my opinion out there. Your rite I never saw any huge dents in the upper part of the hood but lots of them in the bottom part and front bumper. If it is fake, they have ky vote.
  • Willmer... Pizzle 2011/12/23 15:38:41
    WillmerBarahona
    Yes, but as an engineer I'm telling you this, try consider this: who wouldn't hit the breaks if a person runs in front of your car a little of common sense. I had witnessed 2 people getting hit by cars and both were pushed instead of sucked I respect your opinion tho I heard they said it was fake and the chick is an actress who's actually twitting: reommended: man eaten alive by lions check that out that one is creepy
  • koolaid954 2010/10/06 20:21:43
    Fake
    koolaid954
    +1
    nobodys yellin to call the cops or nothin..

2014/04/18 23:02:03