Do you need SAT scores to get into Community College?

Sour Dime 2011/05/23 21:57:14
Related Topics: College, Sat
Add Photos & Videos

Sort By
  • Most Raves
  • Least Raves
  • Oldest
  • Newest

  • mrdog 2011/05/24 07:47:18
    Nope....normally h.s. diploma is all... or one
    can take ged...... coom college is good choice... bark
  • baby cakes 826 2011/05/24 01:35:13
    baby cakes 826
    Its usually recommended for any college you go to, but usually you do not need them for a community college
  • Bonboyl 2011/05/23 23:07:11
    Here in Southern IL, you take your SAT test in your senior year of H.S.
  • Jareth Majere 2011/05/23 22:33:16
    Jareth Majere
    depends on the school, but mostly yes, you can usually check their requirements out online
  • Sister Jean 2011/05/23 22:28:54
  • Crystal 2011/05/23 22:18:24
    Not the one im goin tooo.
  • Auntie M 2011/05/23 22:05:10
    Auntie M
    I think the best thing to do is go here, follow the guide, and it will help you. Most community colleges don't require SAT or ACT to enroll, but I'm not positive about WA. http://checkoutacollege.com/
  • Recruit Auntie M 2011/05/23 22:10:24
  • Auntie M Recruit 2011/05/23 22:31:51
    Auntie M
    As far as community colleges and tech schools in a state system, it really depends on the state, and whether you are entering a program that might require some sort of college aptitude testing (such as nursing) - there are other lesser known ones (tests) out there. When I first went to community college in CA (back in the 70's, may have changed by now), you didn't even have to have a h.s. diploma/GED, you just had to pass an English proficiency test, if you were a liberal arts major anyway. When I went to a tech school in WI, I had to get my GED for admission to the school, and in order to get into the Respiratory Therapy program, I had to take a college aptitude test called the QCT.Every state can set their own admission standards, which vary greatly as far as community colleges/tech colleges are concerned.
  • Recruit Auntie M 2011/05/23 22:40:10
  • Auntie M Recruit 2011/05/23 22:42:10
    Auntie M
    Yes, for the armed forces you do have to have a GED. I know, I thought it was crazy that in CA, at least back then, you didn't even need a GED!
  • Recruit Auntie M 2011/05/23 22:45:42
  • Auntie M Recruit 2011/05/23 22:51:03
    Auntie M
    Ahh, Nam?
  • Recruit Auntie M 2011/05/23 22:56:30
  • Auntie M Recruit 2011/05/23 22:51:39
    Auntie M
    Wait, you're too young for Nam, lol!
  • Recruit Recruit 2011/05/23 22:47:12
  • Sour Dime Recruit 2011/05/24 03:37:35
    Sour Dime
    No it's optional but it doesn't make sense because state testing which doesn't affect anything you do in life or academically, is required but SAT and ACT isn't.
  • Sour Dime Auntie M 2011/05/24 03:36:32
    Sour Dime
    Well I don't plan on going to school in Washington anyways I plan to go somewhere in the San Diego area.
  • Auntie M Sour Dime 2011/05/24 03:42:11
    Auntie M
    Ahh, well then; if you move to CA, and live there for a year first, you can go to community college for nearly nothing - but you have to be a resident!
  • Sour Dime Auntie M 2011/05/24 04:00:30
    Sour Dime
    I know that much and it really is so much cheaper then it is in Washington ;D in state and out of state tuition is the same here :\
  • Auntie M Sour Dime 2011/05/24 04:27:15
    Auntie M
    Yeah, I know. I lived on Bainbridge for 5 years, I was thinking about going back to school then, fuggidabboudit!

See Votes by State

The map above displays the winning answer by region.


2016/02/06 11:48:17

Hot Questions on SodaHead
More Hot Questions

More Community More Originals