Do you get anxiety or even nervous of starting a new romantic relationship?

Celeste-o-bot 9000 2008/02/05 07:20:04
I'll be honest, I do a lot. It's quite stressful for me to even think about.

• Lady 2010/02/23 20:32:30
    Lady
    +3
    Yes I get nervous.... I just started a new relationship a few months ago... worry what if it does not work out... will we have what it takes to make it? Also questions like will I get cold feet like I did when I got married before and ended up divorced... is it normal to have things that you don't like about the other person? Sometimes I just want to crawl up in a ball and hide from it all..yet do not want to miss out on anything to bring me forward in life.

• Susan 2012/04/30 14:38:04
    Susan
    Yes, it's like my inner critic and negative voices just pounce on me for even considering that I could have a relationship that is good... I am too fat, too old, too wrinkled, not smart enough, talk too much, talk too little, can't be real, pick the wrong guy, can't see the "RED FLAGS"... It's awful... It obvious that I have had some failed relationships.. and been hurt.. I try to use something that helps me relax during our first meetings.. or sometimes I just admit that I am nervous.
  • Lady 2010/02/23 20:32:30
    Lady
    +3
  • Jonas girl 2009/04/16 01:30:14
    Jonas girl
    Yes my hands start to shake and i can't breathe when i am around him
  • Leethal 2008/03/01 04:41:55
    Leethal
    +1
    Extremely I sweat, my hands shake, I get the poops I prefer to be comfortbale
  • Caroline 2008/02/11 12:13:40
    Caroline
    +1
    I have never started a romantic relationship so i would not have any idea...
  • Txxx 2008/02/09 15:59:22
    Txxx
    +1
    It's all about baby steps. Don't dive into the deep end because you might drown.
  • W_C 2008/02/07 04:06:00
    W_C
    +2
    cause it usually starts out casual and fun... and what's to be nervous about having fun with someone?
    I love making new friends. =)
  • Bethany... W_C 2012/09/11 20:03:54
    BethanyMurillo
    That's an excellent way of looking at things! I'm still nervous though, I've been burnt one time too many :/ but hopefully this time will be the last time I ever date anyone or get emotionally involved
  • Grogan is a gun 2008/02/07 03:45:51
    Grogan is a gun
    +1
    My friend raiden said he is scared to death...
    He is currently seeing someone 2 feet taller then him...
    Just for the record =)
  • t-oryn 2008/02/06 19:47:21
    t-oryn
    +1
    Yes i get alot of anxiety when it comes to starting a new romantic relationships. in my experience my past relationships have not been to great i have been hurt by people i really cared about and loved so when it comes to getting romantically involved with another it scares me because of all the stuff i have went thru with past relationships. im afraid i might fuck up and hurt them or they might just hurt me like the others in my past.
  • e.V.(♥Queen of Doom♥) 2008/02/06 02:37:48
    e.V.(♥Queen of Doom♥)
    +1
    ...not so much anxiety as dread if a guy's interested in me and it's at all mutual... since it always ends in tears, for me anyway. And I've been saying that for at least 17 years. YMMV. :-/
  • HIMfanaticShannon *SHTB* 2008/02/06 02:04:59
    HIMfanaticShannon *SHTB*
    +2
    Indeed I do.
  • ►Cesar◄ 2008/02/05 21:01:06
    ►Cesar◄
    +1
    I don't know

maybe I would
  • real36 2008/02/05 20:51:07 (edited)
    real36
    +1
    I cant say, cause I've been married since I was 18...over 20 yrs. a loong time..so I dont know...but if I were to date I think I'd be a little nervous, of course..and whatever happens,happens. I'm older now and I dont care what people think as much anymore..(I dont believe in being nasty at all)
    I mean that in terms of if someone doesnt like me.. they dont, you cant make someone like u..thats their problem, and move on...there's a big world out there!
  • Lisa Marie Cliff 2008/02/05 17:02:16
    Lisa Marie Cliff
    +2
    I've been on my own now for so long, the thought of "sharing" or thinking of someone else and their needs or wants "scares" the HELL out of me. Don't get me wrong, I am like every other girl out there, I want to wake up the "man of my dreams" and have him ask me how my day was, and open the door and find someone waiting for me too! I guess it's the "stepping out of my comfort zone" that I am not sure of if I am ready for, trusting myself, all the decisions that I've made before for a mate, have brought me detriment right? So how do I know it won't' again?
    And as a mother I have found that I spend a lot of time taking care of my children as well, so that I have little energy left over to tend to someone else, let alone a relationship as well.
    I figure than what is the point?
    Perhaps that is the way it is meant to be than....
    I am meant to be alone.
    :-(

• Dusty 2008/02/05 15:08:08
    Dusty
    +1
    I'm a completely different person I get to nervous, it is my fault and can hurt the start of a relationship, but I am very good at ready a girl, but very bad at responding to it. I'm very considerate as well, so I constantly worry about crossing the line or going to far, or saying something I shouldn't, it sucks...
  • Sampire 2008/02/05 13:04:25
    Sampire
    +1
    Even though I've never really had one....
    I kind of did for about an hour, gave me a heart attack. Rotfl. Mostly because I know my parents were against me dating at such a young age. xD
  • *~JENNBEAVER~* 2008/02/05 12:05:10
    *~JENNBEAVER~*
    +1
    I look forward to what might happen, I look forward to the fun times, not so much the bad times, but it is an adventure and I am never anxious, nervous or intimidated by a new romantic love...

Good poll!
  • ThatGirl 2008/02/05 08:26:06
    ThatGirl
    +3
    At first it's just fun. I get nervous when things get too serious too quickly.
  • W_C ThatGirl 2008/02/07 04:06:40
    W_C
    yeahhh, I am soo with you on this one.
  • Az 2008/02/05 07:44:34
    Az
    +2
    I have to admit that it has been a long time (I've been married for six years now) but I remember that I used to go a little crazy when I met someone who I thought I might possibly want to have a relationship with. I would work myself into such a state that I could actually get sick from worrying about it.
  • Celeste... Az 2008/02/05 07:51:13
    Celeste-o-bot 9000
    +2
    Same here. Even just hearing that a guy is interested in me turns me into a mass of anxiety and I worry myself sick over everything.
  • Az Celeste... 2008/02/05 08:01:30
    Az
    +2
    I used to do this thing where I would sort of be stand offish, and pretending to be having such a great time with my friends without any input from the guy, because I was sure that my faux independent enjoyment was ever so alluring, and of course inside I was just a mess of butterflies in case he thought I was some kind of idiot. Or worse still, every member of my own sex was immediately held in suspicion because in my head he would no doubt like them more than me, and then I would have to worry about that was well. Thinking back on it, I was some kind of lunatic when it came to love; how I managed to ever find a man who wanted to marry me is beyond my comprehension.
  • Celeste... Az 2008/02/05 08:08:54
    Celeste-o-bot 9000
    +2
    haha, I am the same way. I'm so untrained at this stuff. I'm very distant and almost cold when it comes to interacting with the opposite sex. And when it ever gets to the point that we have to talk, say a date, I have no idea what to say and I am so nervous that he'll think I'm boring because I don't talk much and that he would prefer to be around someone more interactive. And then the whole self-conscious thing really gets to me as well, I worry about every little thing I do and say and even think. It's like a mad house in my head! And then I'm always certain that he would prefer one of my friends over me, it never makes sense to me when I guy shows interest. I doesn't happen often, and I don't expect it to, but when it does it throws me off and I don't know how to act.
  • Az Celeste... 2008/02/05 08:25:04
    Az
    +2
    LMAO. It must be a girl thing. My husband was in a band when I met him and when he came up me after a gig to and said hello I was so gobsmacked that I didn't know what to say - so I excused myself and disappeared into the toilets. He had to ask my friends if it was something he said. He likes to remind me of that moment, and he always says that he knew I was the one from the moment he saw me - yet I spent months agonising over whether or not he was in it for the long haul, or if he was going to up and leave me for some girl he used to go out with. Sometimes I think we girls are own own worst enemies.
  • Celeste... Az 2008/02/05 08:28:15
    Celeste-o-bot 9000
    +2
    haha! I agree, definitely our own worst enemy! XD
  • *~JENNB... Az 2008/02/05 12:09:02
    *~JENNBEAVER~*
    +4
    I think we put too much thought into what guys are thinking, when most of them are not as deep as we are, so we give them too much "thought" credit...lol.
  • e.V.(♥Q... Az 2008/02/06 02:42:26 (edited)
    e.V.(♥Queen of Doom♥)
    +1
    I know guys who do exactly the same thing, though. Me, I have the worst time trying to suss out if the guy is serious about me or just out for a fling. FLings are terribly boring. You don't get a chance to build towards a future at all. :-(

Inevitably, the guys who are serious try and make me into someone I'm not. And I have to leave. The one's who want me for me don't want me for long - the longest was... 5 years? I had my last cat longer than I've had a relationship. I wish I didn't have any hormones at all. It just sucks - and not in a good way.
  • ~Lace~ 2008/02/05 07:33:19
    ~Lace~
    +2
    I get nervous even thinking about starting one! It's just the doubts of whether or not it will work out, or will anyone get hurt. That sort of thing. Cuz everyone wants it to work out, and no one wants to get hurt.
  • Kanubis 2008/02/05 07:22:52
    Kanubis
    +2
    but soon after fall into a run of boring
  • *~JENNB... Kanubis 2008/02/05 12:09:59
    *~JENNBEAVER~*
    really? how soon...
  • Kanubis *~JENNB... 2008/02/05 14:35:42
    Kanubis
    +1
    depends on on a mix between their intellect and sexiness...
  • *~JENNB... Kanubis 2008/02/05 14:39:37
    *~JENNBEAVER~*
    I was just curious cuz it has always been my experience that things only get boring if you let them...
  • Kanubis *~JENNB... 2008/02/05 14:43:50
    Kanubis
    +1
    while i agree, i have found i let them because no one lives up to my basic expectations...
  • *~JENNB... Kanubis 2008/02/05 14:45:52
    *~JENNBEAVER~*
    well that really sucks for you huh...lol
  • Kanubis *~JENNB... 2008/02/05 14:49:20
    Kanubis
    +1
    not as bad as it might sound. i have plenty of short intense encounters. I'm lucky I've never caught anything, but safety is #1
  • *~JENNB... Kanubis 2008/02/05 14:50:21
    *~JENNBEAVER~*
    I meant as far as finding someone that you can thoroughly enjoy, one night stands has never been my cup of tea...
  • Kanubis *~JENNB... 2008/02/05 19:42:25
    Kanubis
    +1
    oh rarely, i have had great relationships, i have felt love (read my response to the explain love question). but they end... shit end's and that's cool, i deal with it.

2014/04/19 02:06:08