Car Study: Women More Attracted to Men in Expensive Cars - Does this study prove that women are 'gold diggers'?

Dangerous Dave 2009/03/24 21:19:44
Yes. This proves women are gold diggers
No. This study doesn't prove that women are gold diggers
Men, If you drive a Bentley, you will increase your chances by 80% to get laid. Psychologists have finally proved what auto salesman have claimed to be a fact for decades, Women feel more attracted to men with expensive cars. This is how the study was done:

The University of Wales Institute showed women pictures of the same man sitting in two different cars; a $70,000 silver Bentley Continental and a battered Ford Fiesta. 90% of the women, who were aged between 21 to 40, picked the man sitting in the Bentley ahead of the same man in the Ford.

So there's your proof that women are gold diggers. Right?

• Nonicknameunlessyouknowme 2009/03/24 22:58:24
    Nonicknameunlessyouknowme
    +3
    LOL This proves nothing other than the women are smart enough to know when a man might have the potential to take care of her financially. Women do desire financial security and protection but to judge by the car she may be making an incorrect assumption. He may have inherited the car or saved every penny while living at his mom's house just to buy it and the payments may be taking everything he makes. The fiesta guy might just be an eccentric billionaire who has kept his old jalopy because it's the first car he ever bought before becoming independently wealthy.
    Now let's do a study about men where they have to choose between asking a younger, single childless Angelina Jolie or a bag lady on a date. wealthy study choose younger childless angelina jolie bag lady date wealthy study choose younger childless angelina jolie bag lady date

Personally, if that banged up Ford Fiesta has been converted to electric then he'd be my pick if all I had to go by was the car. Luckily, I'm old enough and wise enough to know I would prefer to see what a man has in his head and his heart before I'd ever care about what's in his garage.

• jedd Davis 2009/11/15 10:20:31
    jedd Davis
    Join the discussion! Leave a comment.
  • rouserbugs 2009/04/04 13:23:49
    Yes. This proves women are gold diggers
    rouserbugs
    must be the age, I like a guy in a pickup truck a cowboy hat boots and a smile on his face. More times than none he is a true gentlemen in his pickup. rarely do you see him polishing that thing except when he takes his love out boot skootin
  • Bella 2009/03/31 21:33:12
    Yes. This proves women are gold diggers
    Bella
    lol some women are but not all of us are
  • Voyager 2009/03/29 17:24:50
    Voyager
    +1
    If all the man had was an expensive car...what would be the attraction? The gas pump? Men with expensive cars put their love first there.
  • rouserbugs Voyager 2009/04/04 13:25:26
    rouserbugs
    you got that right
  • Tom Dundee 2009/03/27 22:16:37
    Tom Dundee
    What a study?

Some guys have all the luck. They're given an expensive car to drive around & pick up chicks. How's that for a job?

The only job better than the one above was helping Linda Lovelace prepare for her starring roll in Deep Throat (the porn flick). It appears that she had trouble swallowing & had to practice.
  • Judge2008 2009/03/27 17:16:35
    Judge2008
    It just shows that humans desire to be secure and a person who can afford a Bentley can do that better than a fiesta driver.
  • IH - Lion of Light 2009/03/26 22:21:48 (edited)
    IH - Lion of Light
    Come on...any woman with good taste would want a guy that achieves at that level. We (women) are hardwired to look for what appears to be a good provider/protector for ourselves and our future children. Just because women can support themselves for the most part doesn't change human instinct. It would be like expecting men not to be attracted to a woman he considers beautiful or desirable.

Are some women gold diggers? Absolutely
    Are some men sleazy in how they objectify women for their bodies? Absolutely

Some...not all.
  • Robert 2009/03/26 20:44:14 (edited)
    Yes. This proves women are gold diggers
    Robert
    Nothing like a redhead with green eyes in a red Ferrari. That does it for me. :)
  • babyjazz "In my HEART I trust' 2009/03/26 18:39:34
    babyjazz "In my HEART I trust'
    SOME woman are gold diggers not all, I hate people who try to stereotype us.
  • Annelise 2009/03/26 16:12:38
    Annelise
    Alright... if it's a picture of the same man in two differant cars, where's the real question at? If I saw the same man in a nice car then in a torn up piece of junk it really wouldn't matter what kind of car either is due to the fact that it's the SAME guy. To me, who ever came up with this test was an idiot... It would prove more if you took a picture of a very atractive man in a torn up broken down old ford, then take a picture of a extremely less atractive man in a Mercedes.

This study just says how stupid some dorks think women are... very rude.
  • e.V.(♥Queen of Doom♥) 2009/03/26 08:00:46
    e.V.(♥Queen of Doom♥)
    what it suggests is that 90% of women are silly enough to be easily fooled by appearances. (For some they might be thinking that the dude in the Bentley would be a good provider for kids. But to check which ones of the 90% are *actual* gold diggers you'd have to test them some other way. )

I'm glad I'm in the other 10%, thank you very much!
    Who's to say the Bentley's not a rental or stolen? Who's to say he won't beat you, or knock you up and run? Maybe he'll dump you for someelse? Maybe he'll sleep around and catch something and bring it home.

Which is all character stuff and nothing to do with what you DRIVE.

Safer to assume either dude could be potentially a jerk, saint, gentleman, or something in between... and get as much info as possible, ladies!

And guys, really, what - you don't decide based on how a chick LOOKS? Pot calling the 90% black,
  • Tersa 2009/03/26 05:56:04
    Tersa
    I'd be interested to see if men prefered women with a nice car or a not so nice one.
  • No More Commies 2009/03/26 05:34:51
    Yes. This proves women are gold diggers
    No More Commies
    The buldge in the back of the pants attracts women faster then the buldge in the front.

proves women gold diggers buldge pants attracts women faster buldge
  • Gir 2009/03/26 00:16:38
    Gir
    Just that the majority of them are. -_-"

I never understood why people liked cars so much...if I had had a choice in the matter, I would've never learned how to drive a car. Much rather just walk, or even ride a moped.
  • jmr115 2009/03/25 23:39:56
    jmr115
    I could care less what a man drives. If he is clean and has good grooming habits...he's in!
  • liNDyliCiOUS 2009/03/25 21:05:35
    liNDyliCiOUS
    Well i mean some woman are but there are the ones like me who would rather be with some one for his personality and his brain then how much money he has
  • Ojos40 2009/03/25 20:57:12
    Ojos40
    +1
    The only thing this proves is that high maintenance women are attracted to such things.
  • TheDepr... Ojos40 2009/03/25 22:54:47
    TheDepressingTruth
    Amen...and ...Amen!
  • Ojos40 TheDepr... 2009/03/26 17:13:30
    Ojos40
    +1
    A man with such a car needs to ask himself, "Does she really love me?" I believe my girlfriend really loves me because I get around in a 2003 Ford Focus station wagon.
  • TheDepr... Ojos40 2009/04/04 04:52:47 (edited)
    TheDepressingTruth
    But, ask yourself this....Is she your girlfriend because she thinks you have "potential"?
    Does she like who you are....or does she like

the Person she thinks she can make you into?

In the "Real Estate of Love"....Are you a "Fixer-Upper"?
  • Ojos40 TheDepr... 2009/04/07 23:20:29
    Ojos40
    I believe she likes me for who I am.
  • TheDepr... Ojos40 2009/04/10 18:07:09
    TheDepressingTruth
    You are one of the "Lucky Ones"....You may not want to let her "get away"
  • hunt16 2009/03/25 20:45:57
    hunt16
  • Alexia 2009/03/25 20:01:12
    Alexia
    +1
    Honestly, I'm not that shallow. You know what guys' biggest problem is with finding someone? They think all women are the same.
  • Lynn 2009/03/25 18:41:07
    Yes. This proves women are gold diggers
    Lynn
    Perhaps this explains why I'm single. My daily driver is a 21year old mini truck with 418K miles, several good sized dents and deteriorating paint. Definately NOT a chick magnet.
  • BJet 2009/03/25 17:42:05
    BJet
    I have not think myself GOLD DIGGER.
  • chiglet - Daedric Sigil Mag... 2009/03/25 16:10:31
    chiglet - Daedric Sigil Mage, Smirotiel
    +2
    A rude prick in a Ferrari is less attractive than a gentleman in a Yugo.
  • Lynn chiglet... 2009/03/25 18:45:40
    Lynn
    +1
    Very true, but untill you get to know a guy, you dont know the pricks from the gentlemen. Gettign to know somone requires you to first make a judgement about if you will or wont take the time to get to know them and that is oten predicated on visual appeal first.
  • chiglet... Lynn 2009/03/25 22:13:34
    chiglet - Daedric Sigil Mage, Smirotiel
    That is the normal course of events, yes. Some are lucky/smart enough to attend social events that allow for the meeting and getting to know of others without knowing what their homes, vehicles, etc are like though.
  • Turtle Chell 2009/03/25 13:12:30
    Turtle Chell
    +1
    i'm a woman and i've never cared what type of car or how much money somebody has. what really matters is work ethic and ability.
  • GLaDOS 2009/03/25 12:03:15
    GLaDOS
    It moreso proves that women still have their subconscious natures, the desire for a suitable mate. If a guy shows he can support a woman, he's likely to be more attractive to her as a potential long-term mate...even if she can fully support herself.
    On the flip-side, any women who actually realise this nature are more likely to diddle the really physically impressive specimen who has better evident genes, but more likelihood to cheat. Unless they're able to support themselves, let their sense go, and marry the cheater.
    There's a reason that the joke goes:
    Women need four animals in life to be happy.
    A jaguar in her garage, a mink in her closet, a tiger in the bedroom, and a jackass to pay for it all.
    Admittedly, the jackass is more likely anymore to just be the guy who puts up with and supports her, not financially.
  • Rebecca 2009/03/25 11:32:23
    Yes. This proves women are gold diggers
    Rebecca
    Probably... I could not care less. I'm not impressed by stuff, as long as your car gets you from one place to the other, you're ace in my book (says the girl with a jeep liberty). But if you don't have a car, I can drive... as long as it doesn't become a hassle.
  • (David)-(The)-(Strange) 2009/03/25 11:15:32
    (David)-(The)-(Strange)
    if it is...then i don't have much of a chance lol
  • sandy60 2009/03/25 11:11:47
    sandy60
    +1
    That's all good....until these men take these ladies home to their beaten up 1950's mobile home.
  • Kirra Blackhart... Now even... 2009/03/25 07:39:45
    Kirra Blackhart... Now even more cynical, bitter & twisted BN12
    I'm actually more attracted to cars than men ;)

As far as I'm concerned, while a guy in a Ferrari is likely to be financially stable and a good provider, he is also probably going to be a tosser and cheat on you the first opportunity he gets.

Personally a nice Japanese sports car or a piece of german engineering will catch my eye before any Italian thoroughbred any day.
  • johno 2009/03/25 06:42:37
    johno
    +2
    not at all. That's just dumb to assume that about ALL women..
  • RET 2009/03/25 06:22:42
    RET
    +2
    studies don't prove things, don't be droll. We get more car commercials than any other kind. thousands of trials a week really. we're just monkeys. what are you gonna do? to tell the truth, most women can barely tolerate men however, much money or power they convey. https://booksxyz.com/btcovers...
  • Donnie 2009/03/25 04:31:19
    Yes. This proves women are gold diggers
    Donnie
    +1
    Women are starved for security. Its their nesting instinct. It doesn't matter what the material item may be as long as it is expensive it shows them that you can take care of them. You could drive a Kia and own a mansion.
    Boys, stay away from these insecure types and get yourself a women that wants to take care of you. Now that's the ticket.
  • Kirra B... Donnie 2009/03/25 07:41:43
    Youch, I'd hate to meet the women you obviously have met. As for me, I've worked for what I have. I own my own home and my own car and without any help from a male. I like my security, I feel more secure knowing that what I have is mine.

2015/03/04 18:54:51