Are Women More Attracted to Jerks?

SodaHead Living 2012/05/18 21:00:00
Ladies, do you find yourself attracted to the same jerky guys again and again and again? It might not be your fault -- well, at least at certain times of the month. A new study found that when a woman is ovulating, she chooses "ravishing dudes over responsible ones -- even when evaluating them as long-term partners," How About We reports.

jerk

"Previous research has shown in the week near ovulation women become attracted to sexy, rebellious and handsome men like George Clooney or James Bond," study researcher Kristina Durante of the University of Texas at San Antonio says in a statement.

But what's new about this study is it explains why women want to pursue long-term relationships with these kinds of men around that time of month. Turns out, when a woman is ovulating, her hormones cause her to think your typical jerk is going to be a wonderful, caring, helpful father, LiveScience reports.

"Under the hormonal influence of ovulation, women delude themselves into thinking that the sexy bad boys will become devoted partners and better dads," Durante says. Why? "Missing a mating opportunity with a sexy cad might be too costly for some women to pass up," she explains. Do you think women are more attracted to jerks in general?

Read More: http://www.howaboutwe.com/date-report/this-is-why-...

• Jack's Pearl 2012/05/18 22:27:48
    Jack's Pearl
    +15
    I'm not. I don't care how good looking someone is, that's only skin deep and fades immediately with a bad attitude or rudeness.

• Tom R 007 2012/07/20 04:30:21
  • Joseph Ba Sha 2012/07/18 23:35:54
    Joseph Ba Sha
    but be careful not all of them maybe 80% per-cent
  • susan 2012/06/22 05:49:45
    susan
    Heck no. not this women.
  • BubblyBlonde 2012/06/16 00:17:33
    BubblyBlonde
    Sadly, it's true.
  • DISCO 2012/06/07 00:37:37
    DISCO
    Rich ones and losers. Not responsible men.
  • Eric Haddix 2012/05/30 03:05:17
    Eric Haddix
    "Yes," but not all of them, just a majority of them.

The fact is that we live in a consumer culture in the U.S.. The means that the consumer mindset which people use to evaluate goods and services is often used on other people in the area of dating and marriage. So, instead of seeing and treating other people as people, the individual consumer mindset evaluates other people according to the resulting balance between a personalized checklist of desirable traits and the flaws of the individual in question. And, if the person in question meets most of the requirements on the said checklist, then the individual consumer mindset is willing to accept certain flaws in the said individual for the sake of getting "a good product" overall.

This is why many women like jerks--from the perspective of the individual consumer mindset, putting up with the personality flaws of a jerk is a small price to pay for the self-care, the self-confidence, the drive, the risk taking, the success, the amusing wit, the raw alpha male presence, and/or everything else a jerk may bring to the table.

And, based on this, I believe that the majority of women use an individual consumer mindset in the area of dating and marriage and, thus, are at least open to tolerating questionable personalities like jerks a...

And, based on this, I believe that the majority of women use an individual consumer mindset in the area of dating and marriage and, thus, are at least open to tolerating questionable personalities like jerks as long as it might benefit them overall.

That is my two cents on this issue ...

But, if any of the ladies here have thoughts about or a rebuttal to my take on this issue, then I would be happy to read it.
  • xxxoooxxx 2012/05/29 13:56:38
    xxxoooxxx
    They often seem to be. The good guys often get friend-zoned.
  • maybeimalion 2012/05/29 05:04:31
    maybeimalion
    that would explain why im single :)
  • Alexis 2012/05/29 02:43:43
    Alexis
    I think so. Because the opposite of a jerk is a "nice guy" and who wants one of those?
  • Dave 007 2012/05/27 11:55:41
    Dave 007
    Women are just shallow. They end up with the bad boy who may look great and is a fantastic talker. But once he is bored or used up the women, he drops her to the curb. Women will never learn.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/05/26 20:20:57
    Tennessee3501
    But, then you have a few notable exeptions. How do you explain Sandra Bullock marrying Jesse James?
  • Osaka Tenness... 2012/05/30 00:32:18
    Osaka
    +1
    Not all are as "bad ass" as they appear. I see him on TV these days, he doesn't even act like a jerk, he just had problems. Their situation isn't what the media made of it. Some guys are just lucky to have a loving woman at all. [Somehow I've gotten the impression that you may be a bit jealous. Though you can be just making the association out of what the media made of it.]
  • Tenness... Osaka 2012/05/30 01:09:05
    Tennessee3501
    You have deep insights! I am jealous! How could he hurt America's sweetheart? She needs to be cuddled and comforted. He needs to go hunting quail with Dick Cheney!
  • Osaka Tenness... 2012/05/30 01:47:22
    Osaka
    He did check into rehab on his own accord and I can't remember but I think they left each other because it was for the best.
  • Reggie☮ 2012/05/26 18:56:37
    Reggie☮
    I don't think so.
  • Rick 2012/05/26 18:50:41
    Rick
    I was raised to respect women. So the whole concept of being a jerk is foreign to me.
  • syl 2012/05/24 20:28:41
    syl
    I think guys are the ones attracted to women jerks-as long as they look good-doesn't seem to matter. That's pathetic.
  • moviebuff 2012/05/24 20:23:35
    moviebuff
    I don't like jerks. No matter how good looking a man is, after my experiences, I can say that they better have more to offer or they'll be out on their asses.
  • ☆Sheila☆ 2012/05/24 19:25:21
    ☆Sheila☆
    Until we grow up and then we like a nice one.
  • M Mostayen Billah Al Faysal 2012/05/24 15:40:49
    M Mostayen Billah Al Faysal
    +1
    Always.
  • Aardfay 2012/05/23 20:54:33
    Aardfay
    not from my experience. we all like to get along with awesome people
  • Empathic 2012/05/23 08:55:11
    Empathic
    How dare you refer to men as jerks at all? Would you ask the question "Are men more attracted to dumb blondes?" or "Are men more attracted to bitches?"
  • ☆Sheila☆ Empathic 2012/05/24 19:26:43
    ☆Sheila☆
    +1
    LOL, as a woman rest assured jerk is nice compared to many names y'all get called daily!!
  • Jimbo ☆Sheila☆ 2012/05/24 20:13:10
    Jimbo
    +1
    It's not our fault. Women are attracted to jerks and they have jerk kids with him. Then the process starts all over. ;)
  • ☆Sheila☆ Jimbo 2012/05/25 15:36:10
    ☆Sheila☆
    +1
    The jerkle of life? LOL. ok, that was bad....lol...
  • Jimbo ☆Sheila☆ 2012/05/25 16:06:58
    Jimbo
    +1
    It was funny. I laughed.
  • Empathic ☆Sheila☆ 2012/06/08 00:04:56
    Empathic
    Yeah right, women have it so much harder than men do huh?
  • ☆Sheila☆ Empathic 2012/06/08 14:07:03
    ☆Sheila☆
    Ummm, no not really. Not sure what you mean.
  • wassup 2012/05/23 02:52:48
    wassup
    I try to find the good guys and usually succeed but I know my friends go for a lot of jerks
  • jamiecooper187 2012/05/23 02:38:07 (edited)
    jamiecooper187
    Because capitalism teaches the work ethic, that which u hafta work for is sweeter in the end, thus women work at relationships that will never really satisfy their wants and needs just like working for a boss, and they tolerate abuse for the aspect of enjoying the financial advantages a wealthier man provides
  • EB 2012/05/23 00:20:19
    EB
    +3
    Yes if very immature, no if mature.
  • Walter Harris 2012/05/22 22:58:46
    Walter Harris
    +3
    I don't know if you can discribe them as just jerks. But they are more attracted to macho men. The reason for it is, women have wanted someone who is strong enough to take up for them. The notion dates back to the caveman. Women might not agree with me but it is in the history/ social books.
  • Aardfay Walter ... 2012/05/23 20:57:52
    Aardfay
    that is why i want a strong tall man, not a jerk
  • Michael Walter ... 2012/05/24 03:58:55
    Michael
    Strong enough to take up for them? Pshhh. Strong enough to hurt them physically, or mentally yeah.
  • TheMayor 2012/05/22 22:17:10
    TheMayor
    +2
    ... Sandra Bullock and Jesse James. Enough said!
  • Walter ... TheMayor 2012/05/22 22:59:29
    Walter Harris
    +1
    pamela and tommy lee
  • Mike J. Hirak 2012/05/22 19:31:24
    Mike J. Hirak
    +1
    It's stupid
  • Tre 2012/05/22 19:07:14
    Tre
    +2
    Hell yes!!! I have been trying to date this one girl for months. She is in and out of a relationship with a jerk who treats her like trash. He breaks up with her and goes having sex with other partners and then gets back with her when he wants some more of her. He cusses her and humiliates her whenever he pleases and she keeps allowing it and keeps taking him back. I on the other hand treat her like a queen and do everything I can to make her happy and try to be the best gentlemen I can. She claims she wants to be with me but every time the jerk decides he wants her back, she goes running. Makes me think I ought to start cussing her out and treating her like trash too to have a chance.
  • Michael Tre 2012/05/24 04:01:30
    Michael
    +1
    You best need to stay the nice guy. I have been in your situation many times, and I still haven't changed into a jerk. Its your choice whether, or not you wanna turn into a jerk. My best bet, is to stay who you are. Thats just one girl anyway. I am sure there are smarter girls out there that you wanna date, and I gotta admit, that is whats wrong with these females today.
  • Tre Michael 2012/05/25 19:09:22
    Tre
    +1
    Yeah, you are right. I wasn't gonna change into a jerk but it's a shame that most girls prefer a jerk. I've moved on. Too many girls out there!

2014/04/20 01:15:44