Which Israeli innovation has positively affected you most?

Step Up For Israel 2012/05/14 19:32:19
Cell Phone
ClearLight Device (Acne treatment)
USB Flash Drive
Epilator (Hair removal device)
Rummikub (Tile-based game)
Kinect (Newest X-Box Technology)
The Intel Pentium Microprocessor in your Computer
Voicemail
AOL Instant Messenger ICQ
Learn more about Israeli innovation and humanitarian aid by watching this week-long FREE stream of new hit PBS film ISRAEL INSIDE and also enter to win a free flight to Israel!

Israel Inside: How a Small Nation Makes a Big Difference is a new feature-length documentary that explores the positive characteristics of Israeli society from a humanistic, psychological, and emotional perspective.

The film is hosted by Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar, who gave up the unique distinction of being Harvard University’s most popular lecturer to return to his native country, Israel. In the film, Ben Shahar explores the core character strengths – called “actualizers” – that enable Israelis to succeed against incredible odds. Through Tal’s eyes we explore the deep-seated values such as education, family, and responsibility for the world (a Jewish concept known as “tikkun olam”), which directly contribute to Israel’s accomplishments in the economic, technological and humanitarian spheres.

Quick facts about Israel:

. Israel has the highest number of companies listed on the U.S. Stock exchange after the US and Canada

. Israel leads the world in the numbers of scientists and technicians in the workforce, with 145 per 10,000

. Israel is the only country in the world that entered the 21st century with a net gain in the number of trees

. Over the past 25 years agricultural output has increased sevenfold with hardly any increase in the amount of water used

. Many bus stops in busy areas have tzedaka (charity) boxes

. Almost 1/3 of all Israelis are volunteers

• marty 2012/05/26 19:10:04
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    marty
    I don't doubt that Israel made great contributions, but saying these innovations are all Israeli is a bit bogus.
  • NEIL KLEIN 2012/05/20 17:53:53
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    NEIL KLEIN
    THE WORLD INCLUDING MOST JEWS NEED TO KNOW THESE FACTS!!!!!
  • U Mad Bro? 2012/05/17 02:13:36
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    U Mad Bro?
    None of above.
  • James 2012/05/16 02:11:59
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    James
  • Martin O'Donnell 2012/05/16 01:48:11
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    Martin O'Donnell
    +1
    none of those were invented by Israel. Jews may or may not have been involved as may or may not catholics. Would an equal question "What Vatican invention has had most effect on you ..." it's a stupid question. The state of Israel has invented nothing, while some jewish participants who are US citizens (AKA Americans) have contributed a lot to world culture.
  • NEIL KLEIN Martin ... 2012/05/20 17:59:40
    NEIL KLEIN
    YOU SHOW YOUR STUPIDITY WITH YOUR JEW HATRED!!!! JEWS ARE AN ETHNIC WITH A RELIGIOUS COMPONENT!!!!
  • Martin ... NEIL KLEIN 2012/05/21 18:54:33
    Martin O'Donnell
    I have stated I do not hate Jews. What the heck does "JEWS ARE AN ETHNIC" even mean? It's nonsense. Why don't YOU tell us all what Israel has invented? As I said, jews may or may not have been involved that has nothing to do with Israel you might as well say that because a catholic was involved credit should go to The Vatican. You're talking nonsense.
  • Billyk75 2012/05/15 23:58:22
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    Billyk75
    Uzi's.
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/05/15 23:53:23
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    TruBluTopaz
    +1
    The Jewish people have always demonstrated a deep respect for the process of learning. Their entire religion is based on being able to discuss authoritatively not just the Torah, but the various commentaries on the Torah throughout the centuries. They also respect those who research and value a strong work ethic. They are not phonies that offer praise for marginacl results. When you get praise from an Israeli, you know you've got something important. There are many more inventions than these made by Israel's innovators. Now please, tell me what Syria, Palestine, Saudi, Pakistan or Somolia have done for humankind.
  • angelbaby 2012/05/15 20:08:32
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    angelbaby
    +2
    Their 'tough as nails' approach on national security and their courage while facing any giant!!
  • Fef 2012/05/15 19:54:14
    Fef
    +4
    And the Torah!
    torah israel
  • jeane Fef 2012/05/17 02:34:56
    jeane
    Romans 3

Then what advantage has the Jew? First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God.
  • Rick Armin 2012/05/15 18:28:00
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    Rick Armin
    +1
    I'm an old-timer. I can remember when it was the Russians claiming to have invented everything.

I don't recall much of anything from Israel affecting me positively, but certainly its innovative ways to create false flag events and suborn our Congress have had some very negative effects on me. Of course, with all the money we've poured into the Satanic Cesspool, we certainly should get something out of it.
  • Eric Echevarria 2012/05/15 11:09:42
    Cell Phone
    Eric Echevarria
    +3
    The inventor of the cell phone was Martin Cooper. American, not Israeli.

Martin Cooper grew up in Chicago. He served 4 years in the U.S. Navy. He studied and received his degree in Electrical Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology. Upon graduation he worked for 1 year at a telecommunications company.

Rise to Inventor StatusCooper was hired by the Motorola Company in 1954. It was during this employment that he developed the first portable hand held police radio for the Chicago Police Department in 1967. It was after he was promoted to division manager and was assigned a team, that he developed the first hand held phone.

A Working PrototypeIt was April 3, 1973 that the first working prototype of the cell phone was introduced. This was also the day of the first cell phone call being placed by Mr. Cooper. This first prototype was a Motorola Dyna-Tac Phone.
  • Step Up... Eric Ec... 2012/05/15 16:21:00
    +3
    The cell phone was invented by Dr. Martin Cooper, the Executive of Motorola and a Jew from New York. Motorola Israel was the first branch of Motorola Inc. outside of the USA. This branch was the first to develop, market, and support a wide range of Motorola cell-phones, and it is Motorola's largest development center.
  • Rick Armin Step Up... 2012/05/15 18:48:37
    Rick Armin
    +1
    You've convinced me. I'll never knowingly buy another Motorola product.
  • Fef Rick Armin 2012/05/15 19:56:20
  • Rick Armin Fef 2012/05/15 21:09:06
    Rick Armin
    Hey, Fef! If you're too stupid to write something, you can always post a picture and accuse those more intelligent than you of hate.

I do think that's a great picture of Netanyahu reviewing the troops prior to invading a peaceful neighbor. It's what we've come to expect from Zionist Israel.
  • Martin ... Step Up... 2012/05/16 01:50:15
    Martin O'Donnell
    +1
    that isn't true, no-one "invented" the cell phone. You might as well say _I_ invented the cell phone because some of the technology that went in it it I developed. As did an actress. Ridiculous concept.
  • Aemal 2012/05/15 10:08:30
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    Aemal
    I need to know are Pashtuns really one of 12 Israelite Communities ? If this is true I wanna be an Israelite if it possible send me your OK , or if Israels MU-SAT would like to know some thing in Afghanistan just connect with me and information will be send to you with document . I have more than they need so I need exchange all info by helps from you.
  • ErikTronica 2012/05/15 08:28:27
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    ErikTronica
    +3
    Well , it's not really a innovation what's effected me but , what effected my life more or less is KRAV MAGA , ( Israeli self defense technique)
  • jeane 2012/05/15 06:33:26
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    jeane
    +5
    They have been entrusted with the VERY WORDS OF GOD! Everything else is icing on the cake.

<< Romans 3 >>
    New International Version 1984
    God’s Faithfulness

1What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? 2Much in every way! First of all, they have been entrusted with the very words of God.
  • Rick Armin jeane 2012/05/15 18:46:34
    Rick Armin
    First of all, it was their priests and scribes that wrote the "words of God" to favor themselves. I think the Gnostics were right. The god of the Jews, and by extension, the god of the Christians and the Devil are one. Why else have they been traditionally among the most murderous religions in the world?
  • jeane Rick Armin 2012/05/16 02:26:25
    jeane
    You are confusing religious followers with the KINGDOM OF GOD.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
    New International Version (NIV)
    16 All Scripture is God-breathed(A) and is useful for teaching,(B) rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,(C) 17 so that the servant of God[a](D) may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.(E)

<< 2 Peter 1:21 >>

New International Version (©1984)
    For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
  • Rick Armin jeane 2012/05/16 03:59:41
    Rick Armin
    You're confusing myth with fact. God told me I was the chosen one and you should all bow down to me. That's no more ridiculous than the line you're spouting to defend the biggest terrorist nation in the middle-east.
  • jeane Rick Armin 2012/05/16 04:05:09
    jeane
    Nope I know my God and HIS WORD!
  • Gregaj7 2012/05/15 06:23:05
    USB Flash Drive
    +1
    I have nothing to do with the rest of the list.
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2012/05/15 06:15:36
    Other (Please leave a comment)
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +4
    The USS Liberty.
    USS Liberty
  • Gregaj7 WannaBe... 2012/05/15 06:24:26
    +2
    Agreed!
  • WannaBe... Gregaj7 2012/05/15 06:41:16
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +2
    Once I heard of her, all morale legitimacy Israel once had in my mind was irrevocably erased. Now, Israel is held responsible for the murder of my Brother sailors.
  • Rick Armin WannaBe... 2012/05/15 18:42:16
    Rick Armin
    +2
    No! Israel's puppets in Washington will see to it she never has to answer for that or her many other crimes. Just think how much greater an "ally" Japan was. She attacked our whole fleet. Following the logic of the treasonous Israel Firsters, we should have sent Japan billions in aid.

I still think we should gather all of these Israel Firsters and their pawns in Washington into a fighting unit and ship them over. Instead of putting the lives of our kids on the line, let them put their bodies where their mouths are.
  • jeane WannaBe... 2012/05/15 06:41:54
    jeane
    +3
    Divide and conquer isn't working here AMERICAN AND ISRAELI FLAGS
  • WannaBe... jeane 2012/05/15 06:58:15
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +2
    Then you have divided loyalties. I will bear that in mind.
  • jeane WannaBe... 2012/05/15 07:04:44 (edited)
    jeane
    +2
    ALLIES! Bear that in mind.
  • Christi... jeane 2012/05/15 15:18:58
    Christian Miller
    How so allies?
  • jeane Christi... 2012/05/15 15:30:01
    jeane
    +2
    Israel is our strongest and best ally. Here in my home state last summer they sent at our request 500 scientist to INTEL
  • Gregaj7 jeane 2012/05/15 17:28:06
    Question: Do you consider the Governing authority over the land-mass (ISRAEL) the same as those inhabiting the land-mass (descendants of Jacob)?
  • jeane Gregaj7 2012/05/16 02:28:02
    jeane
    God does....

<< Jeremiah 32:37 >>

New International Version (©1984)
    I will surely gather them from all the lands where I banish them in my furious anger and great wrath; I will bring them back to this place and let them live in safety.
  • Gregaj7 jeane 2012/05/16 02:38:45
    NIV is garbage. I don't see ISRAEL as the 'fulfillment' of that. You and I will not agree on this. I separate the Governing authority from the descendants of Jacob, and I do not support the Government.
  • jeane Gregaj7 2012/05/16 02:43:06
    jeane
    Well which translation do you like best?

New Living Translation (©2007)
    I will certainly bring my people back again from all the countries where I will scatter them in my fury. I will bring them back to this very city and let them live in peace and safety.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    Behold, I will gather them from all the countries to which I drove them in my anger and my wrath and in great indignation. I will bring them back to this place, and I will make them dwell in safety.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    "Behold, I will gather them out of all the lands to which I have driven them in My anger, in My wrath and in great indignation; and I will bring them back to this place and make them dwell in safety.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    I am going to gather the people from all the lands where I scattered them in my anger, fury, and terrifying wrath. I will bring them back to this place and make them live here securely.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, where I have driven them in my anger, and i...

New Living Translation (©2007)

English Standard Version (©2001)

New American Standard Bible (©1995)

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, where I have driven them in my anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:

American King James Version
    Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, where I have driven them in my anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again to this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:

American Standard Version
    Behold, I will gather them out of all the countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my wrath, and in great indignation; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Behold I will gather them together out of all the lands to which I have cast them out in my anger, and in my wrath, and in my great indignation: and I will bring them again into this place, and will cause them to dwell securely.

Darby Bible Translation
    Behold, I will gather them out of all the countries whither I have driven them, in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely.

English Revised Version
    Behold, I will gather them out of all the countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:

Webster's Bible Translation
    Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in my anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again to this place, and I will cause them to dwell in safety.

World English Bible
    Behold, I will gather them out of all the countries, where I have driven them in my anger, and in my wrath, and in great indignation; and I will bring them again to this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:

Young's Literal Translation
    Lo, I am gathering them out of all the lands whither I have driven them in Mine anger, and in My fury, and in great wrath, and I have brought them back unto this place, and have caused them to dwell confidently;

2014/04/16 04:15:58