WATCH > President Obama Slow Jams the News With Jimmy Fallon: Awesome or Inappropriate?

SodaHead Fun 2012/04/25 23:00:00
President Obama doesn't usually slow jam the news, but when he does, boy is it good. President Barack Obama was on Tuesday night's episode of "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" and rather than doing his usual sit-down-and-talk-about-politics schtick, he tried something a little different.

A recurring segment on Fallon's late show is "slow jamming the news" -- but this time, Obama joined in on the fun. He used the segment to talk -- er, we mean "slow jam" -- about student loans. And though he may sound a bit too academic doing it, Obama was complemented by Fallon's smooth "ohhhhh yeahhhh's," making the segment both hilarious and educational. Well, at least we think so. Watch the clip below and let us know: do you think President Obama "slow jamming the news" is awesome -- or inappropriate?

• Pat 2012/04/26 02:21:33
    Awesome
    +6
    I thought it was great.
  • DrGreen 2012/04/26 02:12:13
    Inappopriate
    DrGreen
    +8
    No matter how much you like the guy, this isn't the job of the president. If he wants to be on comedy shows once his term is over, that's great. The president isn't supposed to spread his agenda on TV shows while he's in office. He's supposed to be the leader of the free world, not a hollywood celebrity.
  • ProudPr... DrGreen 2012/04/26 16:01:03
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    Actually one of the jobs of any elected officials is to interact with his or her constituents to gain a better understanding of their needs. That's what the Republicans never get. They think they can stay in their ivory towers and ignore anyone who doesn't make a big enough campaign donation. President Obama is one of the people, and it's not only appropriate but impressive how well he can relate to average Americans.
  • tobe ProudPr... 2012/04/26 22:26:10
    tobe
    +2
    talk show hosts are average americans?
  • DrGreen ProudPr... 2012/04/27 12:21:25
    DrGreen
    O so doing late night comedy is now considered "interacting with constituents" righttttt. This is campaigning on the peoples dollar. Judging by your name 'proudprogressive', It's obvious you suffer from Stockholm syndrome. The president is NOT a Hollywood celebrity, and regardless of what you think, his job is to execute bills that are Constitutional(fail), and control the military(fail). He can interact with constituents on his own time on his own dime. It's called campaigning, and using state funds to do it used to be a huge issue. Now it's "interacting with constituents". Lol.
  • biggerman 2012/04/26 01:58:46
    Inappopriate
    biggerman
    +7
    Obama is despirate for votes and has to appeal to the ignorant and the uninformed and those who will vote for him because they think he's "cool." Appealing to the hiphop vote- now really, is that presidential? Jimmy Fallon - are you kidding me? That whiole issue about college loans is a red herring - and a misrepresentation of the truth like most of what he says.
  • teigan biggerman 2012/04/27 07:23:12
    teigan
    You should see the emails he sends out begging for campaign contribution, guess his hip hop voters are too broke to belly up to the bar. LOL
  • Ozymandias 2012/04/26 01:58:30
    Awesome
    Ozymandias
    +7
    That's awesome! He's the man who can that has a plan and takes a stand. =)
  • MO.gal Ozymandias 2012/04/26 03:27:12
    MO.gal
    +6
    Well said! applause
  • Ozymandias MO.gal 2012/04/26 03:31:08
    Ozymandias
    Thank you! I wouldn't want to spank you!
    spank
  • biggerman Ozymandias 2012/04/27 23:47:06
    biggerman
    Well said, My Ass - your remark was childish and actually didn't say anything. It was nothing but a silly cliche'd ladened load of crap - something to which democrats respond well because they don't really understand or relate to intelligent, substantive political conversation.
  • Ozymandias biggerman 2012/04/28 16:39:49
    Ozymandias
    +1
    Says you who are just jealous because you couldn't make a rhyme like I did.
  • biggerman Ozymandias 2012/04/30 01:42:06
    biggerman
    Making a rhyme - now that is something of which you can very proud. What a significant accomplishment . . . . for a moron. Way to go.
  • Ozymandias biggerman 2012/05/01 01:14:27
  • prentice.pullins 2012/04/26 01:53:43
    Awesome
    prentice.pullins
    +7
    Awesome!!!
  • KoAm 2012/04/26 01:52:07
    Inappopriate
    KoAm
    +12
    Very un-presidential, even for a president who's racked up a lot of un-presidential moments.

America is demonstrably and undeniably worse off now than when Obama took over, and he's on some late-night TV show yukking it up like it's no big deal.

Obama is like Nero, fiddling while America is figuratively burning.

We don't need to see this sort of frat-boy stuff from our president, especially when so many people in America are hurting. And especially when a lot of that hurt has to do with HIS policies.
  • prentic... KoAm 2012/04/26 01:54:32
    prentice.pullins
    +5
    Your boring... Glad your not President
  • biggerman prentic... 2012/04/26 02:01:29
    biggerman
    +3
    It's "you're" like You're a moron - I'm glad "your" "boy" is on his way out. I'm glad "you're" not president. Are you getting that?
  • Proggy biggerman 2012/04/26 04:34:27
    Proggy
    +2
    I think all you frothing, insanely vitriolic, haters should teach us all a good lesson and commit mass suicide in protest after President Obama is re-elected. That'll really show us!
  • KoAm Proggy 2012/04/26 04:43:11
    KoAm
    +5
    Right. Urging people to commit suicide just because they disagree with you.

Nah, there's nothing hateful in that.
  • Proggy KoAm 2012/04/26 16:48:05
    Proggy
    +1
    Hey if you're going to sacrifice something for your cause, why not make it the"ultimate". Plus it'll get a lot of media coverage. You should be thanking me for such good ideas.
  • biggerman Proggy 2012/04/27 02:30:57
    biggerman
    Why don't you take your own advise. You call me a "frothing, insanely vitriolic, hater" and then suggest that I commit suicide - what a hypocrite. It sounds like you have a great deal of hate and rage in yourself. If you want to see frothing, insanely vitriolic hate - look in the mirror.
  • prentic... biggerman 2012/04/26 19:08:39
    prentice.pullins
    This doesn't make since...
  • biggerman prentic... 2012/04/27 02:31:58
  • Chi~Cat prentic... 2012/04/26 13:31:52
    Chi~Cat
    +2
    Oh, you want a rapper/boystowner/stoner in office? That's fun for our enemies, now, isn't, oh, bright one. pfffftttt
  • ProudPr... Chi~Cat 2012/04/26 16:04:28
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    What's a "boystowner"? I have to admit that's a new one on me LOL.
  • Chi~Cat ProudPr... 2012/04/26 16:14:30
    Chi~Cat
    +1
    Awwww...PP, you do have a heart and somewhat of a sense of humor. ; ) Figure it out.
  • ProudPr... prentic... 2012/04/26 16:03:44
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    I see the blocking coward has finally showed up. Apologies for piggy backing on your comment, but I just love how some can totally tune out reality. This country is demonstrably and undeniably better off now than the day the President took over, and every aspect of life in this country has improved as a result of his efforts. The Right is getting to be so desperate that they really would rather burn down the country (figuratively or literally) rather than admit that the black guy in the White House is doing a better job than any Republican (and most Democrats) ever did.
  • prentic... ProudPr... 2012/04/27 05:53:57
    prentice.pullins
    Preach... All I can say is Preach. Real recognize Real
  • DrGreen ProudPr... 2012/04/27 12:27:07
    DrGreen
    Obama doing better then any Republican? Are you saying he's done a better job then Lincoln? Reagan? Most democrats? You think he's done half the job of Clinton? Demonstratably better? Prove it. All I see is double the debt, and the dismantling of the middle class. You have to be a shill. Even a lot of Obama's(intelligent) base are extremely disappointed in him.
  • ★~Docto... KoAm 2012/04/26 03:18:50 (edited)
  • Proggy KoAm 2012/04/26 04:32:18
    Proggy
    +1

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Hypocrisy much?
  • Meako KoAm 2012/04/26 08:07:38
  • conservyT 2012/04/26 01:35:19
    Inappopriate
    conservyT
    +3
    If he was funny or had a sense of humor, maybe, but instead he used this opportunity to campaign; what a joke!
  • prentic... conservyT 2012/04/27 05:55:47
    prentice.pullins
    Hater : )
  • conservyT prentic... 2012/04/27 17:18:17
    conservyT
    No Hate… No Haters Here...
    However, I’ll Educate you on how it really is…
    What I Don’t understand is why are people so darn Gullible or Plain Dumb?
    Is Obama traveling on the Tax Payers’ Dime to “Conduct Political Business"?
    Is this why Obama went on the Jimmy Fallon Show, to "Conduct Political Business"; what a waste of Tax Payers’ Money.
    Yet, it’s quite clear why Obama was there. It's on Record that he was there to Campaign for Re-Election; of course Obama and his follwers won't admit to it, but it's on film.
    So then why are we the Tax Payers’ paying for a Non-Political Expense?
    This trip should be coming from Obama’s Campaign Budget; you know the one Bill Maher contributed to, $1million.
    Thereby, how can Obama preach to us about taking care of the poor and middles class citizens, while he’s living it up using our funds to pay for his travel to a Non-Political Late Night T.V. Show and Campaign for Re-Election instead of using what’s allot to him via his Campaign Funds.
    I guess you along with All his other followers will "Bite the Dust" on this one as you All have done in the past; he’s the POTUS he could do whatever he wants, right?
    Now that does PISS ME OFF!
    But you didn’t or couldn’t have known that, right?
    Why would you, this would require you to Educate Yourself on how the Government...

No Hate… No Haters Here...
    Now that does PISS ME OFF!
    Why would you, this would require you to Educate Yourself on how the Government should function.
    Once again, there’s NO Hate, None Whatsoever, I’m just Not down with Studpity!
    God Bless…
    Because I’m too Blessed to be Stressed…
    Peace…
  • Vieuphoria 2012/04/26 01:31:32
    Awesome
    Vieuphoria
    +3
    This was funny. The Roots and Obama. Genius.
  • Trust Noone 2012/04/26 01:29:55
    Inappopriate
    Trust Noone
    +4
    A stage full of Dumb asses outsmarting themselves.
  • prentic... Trust N... 2012/04/27 05:55:05
    prentice.pullins
    Hater : )
  • Trust N... prentic... 2012/04/27 09:11:33
    Trust Noone
    Dumb ass for watching the dumb asses

2014/04/18 21:06:56