Quantcast

I saved my dogs life

I just made a great discovery that I want to share with any dog or cat owners out there. My dog Missy ate a steel wool pad a couple of hours ago. When dogs eat things like this, the objects can get stuck in their intestines and cause a blockage which would then require very expensive surgery to remove the blockage or else they could die. I was very worried about Missy so I went and goggled that my dog ate steel wool. What I learned was that within a few hours of ingesting the object you can give them some three percent hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. Give them 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight, walk them or play with them to mix it up in their stomach and wait about 15 to 20 minutes and they should vomit up the contents of their stomach and hopefully the object. If it is not effective the first time than it is safe to repeat the process once. If it doesn't work the second time then you have to take your dog to the vet. I mixed 4 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide in some milk and gave it to her to drink. I took her for a walk and sure enough, she vomited up the steel wool. This might of just saved her life and it could save the life of your dog or cat one of these days. Keep in mind that if your dog or cat eats or drinks something toxic, you must take them to the vet. This method will not remove toxins.

Photobucket
You!
Add Photos & Videos

Opinions

Leave a comment and start the discussion!

About Me

Dragonfly420

Dragonfly420

MI, US

2008/11/15 05:12:53

is at home.

View complete profile

Recent Posts

Hot Questions on SodaHead
More Hot Questions

More Community More Originals