Victoria Beckham Says Her Figure Represents the 'General Public': Does It?

The Big Question 2012/03/31 00:57:19
Related Topics: Victoria Beckham

• smitty BTU 2012/04/07 18:35:42
    smitty
    Ha that could be said for any state! I wish the Fed would leave my state alone too. You are dreaming if you think the deficit will be wiped clean. The only way it will be wiped clean is if you hire Enron's former accountants or Obama does your books.

Umm sorry you are just wrong.. Overseas the fads/trends start..

Wow Americans started Blue Jeans.. please...

Nice of you to avoid the number of people fleeing California.. A 100 year low of people leaving... Yeah that is a trend.. Face it.. Most people could care less about California.. The only reason it is even relevant is Hollywierd.. Even so, the crap they are pushing out is just freaking funny.. It must feel good to be laughed at..
  • BTU smitty 2012/04/07 18:51:12 (edited)
    BTU
    No, it can't be said for any state. California dwarfs its nearest competitor (NY) by 50 percent.

Regarding the deficit, please direct your attention to the city of Oakland and what medical marijuana did for the city in regards to tax collection and permitting and other fees. Don't assume or guess, actually bother to click a few keys and check it out.

Yea, Americans (immigrants) invented blue jeans (not denim) ... and guess where? LOL!
    http://www.ideafinder.com/his...

Do you really require a link providing proof for the third item of which you were incorrect or are you content with this laughter you hear? Ah, what the hell, since we're having so much fun. Check out the top fads in our culture. How many came from abroad?
    http://www.historynet.com/pop...
  • smitty BTU 2012/04/07 18:59:23
    smitty
    I don't need to assume or guess. So the tax man comes in and gobbles of marijuana tax.. Do you think just because it is made legal people still won't thwart the tax?

I know they did.. I was mocking you. Like one fad makes your statement true. I wonder wear denim came from... Too freaking funny. But yes the were made in Ca by Levi... Wow! slap yourself on the back for that one! I am wearing them now.. I am an American oh wait I am not obese..

Still waiting for you to address the amount of people fleeing California...

Still waiting for you to address the 26% of Europeans are Obese..
  • BTU smitty 2012/04/08 00:49:37
    BTU
    So what part of the basic economics do you not understand that brings government out of a deficit? Check the link and see Oakland was in the red to the tune of $32 million. Now check the chart. In JUST the city alone, the pot brought in more than $35 million to the city coffers. Why do you suggest this can't occur on a larger government scale with such as the state?

Regarding your "mocking." That's the problem with attempted insult. They often fail as we don't all subscribe to your linear thought processes. Some of us subscribe to proper debate etiquette and understand when one is attempting an insult they are actually insulting themselves, as exampled with your failed "mocking" attempt.

See "Exposition" and "Subfallacies; Abusive."
    http://www.fallacyfiles.org/a...

I avoided comment regarding your previous failed attempts at insult but your penchant for returning to such attempts confirms you are either frustrated, at a loss, distracted or unable to add to the topic. In any event, the link explains why people resort to insult during debate. Don't worry, I don't take it personal. Many people resort to insult in debate (and among these pages) and the majority do not know why they do it, either.

Not sure what people fleeing California has to do with anything I mentioned. If you hav...

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/a...

Not sure what people fleeing California has to do with anything I mentioned. If you have a parable, please provide for it.

You, as an American and not being obese, has little relation to the facts presented. The fact that you are not in the majority is cause for celebration. Enjoy.

I mentioned nothing of Europeans and obesity. I corrected you by providing information indicating Americans are obese and conditioned to accept it as normal. You denied this phenomenon yet the mere fact the majority of Americans are overweight indicates a new accepted "norm" whether you want to admit or accept it.
  • smitty BTU 2012/04/09 13:52:05
    smitty
    I am just done. Thank you for pointing out that Oakland has paid back .2% of the deficit. While it is a step.. I think my 2 month old daughter took a bigger step.
  • BTU smitty 2012/04/13 16:31:42 (edited)
    BTU
    Well, then, perhaps your 2-month-old can point out the part to you where the city received $35 million from the pot taxes, permitting, fees and other revenues whereas it owed $32 million, effectively equating much more than the .02 percent you pulled out of thin air to lend articificial support to your straw man argument. Denial ain't a river in Egypt.
  • smitty BTU 2012/04/13 16:36:27
    smitty
    Never said it was. Now lets see last I checked there was more cities in CA than just Oakland... Even my 3 yr old knows that.

Nah it isn't a river in Egypt but apparently it is in CA.
  • BTU smitty 2012/04/13 16:59:15
    BTU
    Only I was specifically talking about Oakland and you took it upon yourself to use my analogy, cross it with another figure and bring other towns and cities into the equation, yet not supply this unknown information YOU entered as pertaining to your figure. In other words, you maliciously (by deliberate intent) attempted (but failed) to skewer the FACTS by incorrectly implying Oakland recompensated only .02 percent of what it owed by deliberate omission of the data YOU referred. Really.

The gist of it is ... the pot angle worked for Oakland in regards to placing it in the financial black so once again, why do you feel this success can't occur on a large scale when it is proven to work for smaller government?
  • smitty BTU 2012/04/13 17:59:32
    smitty
    Well to take it back to my original post in response to yours.. I guess you believe the City of Okland California is the same as the general public of the United States?
  • BTU smitty 2012/04/13 18:22:31
    BTU
    +1
    Well, to take it back to the original post, I brought up Oakland as an example of how the U.S. can wipe out its debt. So in that same vein, yes, why couldn't what worked in Oakland work in every other locale? Especially when one considers the lost revenue states can count due to pot as pot tops some states as its largest crop/product/export, exceeding that of corn, sugar, citrus, potatos and other commodities.
  • smitty BTU 2012/04/13 19:42:01
    smitty
    Well the pot supply will need to be the same in every locale. Next (same as the tobacoo tax) the politicians won;t be able to keep their greedy little mitts out of. The government sued tobacoo companies.. grab up a chuck of checks for medicare and then spent it on bridges to no where instead of the medicare they were suing because. That is why... You have one compnent that is a laughing stock.. the government.
  • BTU smitty 2012/04/13 22:14:21
    BTU
    No question about it but it can bring a seriously needed influx of ... cash. The feds are the problem. I reiterate it over and over, it's not the party affiliation killing the country it's the fed's ability to have us divide and fight among ourselves. As long as we blame another, the government has us right where they want us ... focused on anyone and anything but them.
  • Meesa 2012/04/02 16:52:07
    Meesa
    +2
    Hunger has clearly either driven her mad or made her blind, or maybe both.
  • imsohatred Meesa 2012/04/02 17:04:59
  • wgossett99 2012/04/02 16:52:00
    wgossett99
    +1
    I wish more women had figures like hers.
  • imsohatred wgossett99 2012/04/02 17:05:05
  • XRenX 2012/04/02 16:46:58
    XRenX
    I it common, but not the majority. I don't know why she said this....
  • imsohatred XRenX 2012/04/02 17:05:10
  • Philip 2012/04/02 16:46:21
    Philip
    Almost seems rather arrogant for her to make such an assumption, especially when the majority is obviously disagreeing...
  • Freeranger 2012/04/02 16:40:27
    Freeranger
    Sure......that is, if you listen to Victoria Beckham. And, if you do, enjoy your servitude
  • imsohatred Freeranger 2012/04/02 17:05:16
  • ehrhornp 2012/04/02 16:39:56
    ehrhornp
    At best it may represent women in her age group and fitness level. Not much beyone that however.
  • imsohatred ehrhornp 2012/04/02 17:05:21
  • Sedated Whispers 2012/04/02 16:38:12
    Sedated Whispers
    Lol is she trying to follow Adele's glorious footsteps where Adele says she represents real women, atleast what the majority of us look like. Blah , Vicky did you hit your head hard sweetie?
  • imsohatred Sedated... 2012/04/02 17:05:36
  • Sweet-N... imsohatred 2012/04/02 17:22:17
    Sweet-N-Sour
    Stop spamming you lunatic!!!
  • Nomad58 2012/04/02 16:36:37
    Nomad58
    Are you friggin' kidding me?
    I don't look anything like that...
  • imsohatred Nomad58 2012/04/02 17:05:42
  • YeahISaidIt 2012/04/02 16:35:01
    YeahISaidIt
    Uh hell no. And she surely doesn't represent me. I may be 110 but it's because I'm only 5 feet tall. Last I checked women are wanting to have the shape of an hourglass not a stick.
  • Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2012/04/02 16:33:58
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    LOL this is funny.
  • ajracestables1 2012/04/02 16:30:57
    ajracestables1
    She sure likes to flatter herself.
  • Nozzle 2012/04/02 16:27:02
    Nozzle
    david beckham is totally representative of just a normal dude too
  • Lanikai 2012/04/02 16:26:11
    +1
    No, most of us women are NOT anorexic stick people, tottering around on 6 inch heels. We are women who look like women.

She might, however, be the typical hollyweird, and so, might be what SHE sees around her.
  • Christopher101 2012/04/02 16:20:30
    Christopher101
    Maybe if she lives in Japan...as the average woman weighs 115 lbs+. Everyone else is pushing 150+ not that I think she's qualified to give an opinion on us "common" people.
  • krispykreme335 2012/04/02 16:13:17
    krispykreme335
    She only represents a percentage of women that are her size. Most women are between a size 10-16. I don't think she has been in the double digits. I applaud her for trying to be average.
  • LittleMistersMom 2012/04/02 16:10:43
    LittleMistersMom
    Not in America. Maybe in other countries.
  • fairiefang -annoying fashio... 2012/04/02 16:00:35
    fairiefang -annoying fashion snobs everywhere-
    Maybe the Hollywood public...
  • Stuart 2012/04/02 16:00:08
    Stuart
    +1
    Not where I live. Jabba the Hut tends to be the role model for a lot of the girls in my area.
  • Melizmatic 2012/04/02 15:52:59
  • robbt1 2012/04/02 15:50:34
    robbt1
    +1
    The fact she even said that is silly.

2014/04/23 14:00:33