Zimmerman demeanor : "[It was] not like 'I can't believe I just shot someone!' It was more like, 'Just tell my wife I shot somebody,' like it was nothing."

Manuel 2012/05/23 15:27:26

Here we are again..with a another post about Zimmerman....But this time it's much more revealing. As everybody on the right feels about me, thinking I just want to portray Zimmerman as being in the wrong by trying to say I hate whites or half whites or what ever...( I wonder what my white wife for over 20 years would say to theses clowns?)

But anyway...police did a special investigations reenactment at night based of where these people were standing when they made their statements of what they saw and concluded that some witnesses testimonies could not be accurate by re-acting and staging all the possible events.

So because of this police investigators questioned all witnesses again...and here are the results...but the last one is really the shocker...hens ...the name of this post.

Four witnesses in the Trayvon Martin case have changed their stories, some "in ways that may damage" George Zimmerman.

According to records released
last week in the second-degree murder case, the witnesses--all of them
neighbors--were interviewed multiple times by police and special
prosecutors about what they saw on Feb. 26, the night Zimmerman fatally
shot Martin in Sanford, Fla.

Four days after the shooting, one
woman told police she "saw two guys running" and then "a
fistfight--just fists, I don't know who was hitting who." But on March
20, she told investigators she saw just one person.

"I couldn't tell you if it was a
man, a woman, a kid, black or white," the woman, "Witness 2," said. "I
couldn't tell you because it was dark and because I didn't have my
contacts on or glasses. I just know I saw a person out there."

Another witness, who was
initially interviewed on March 20, said she saw two people on the ground
immediately after the shooting, but was not sure who was on top.

But in another interview with investigators six days later, the paper reported, she was sure: It was Zimmerman on top.

"I know after seeing the TV of
what's happening, comparing their sizes, I think Zimmerman was
definitely on top because of his size," the woman, "Witness 12," said.

A third witness, "Witness 6,"
told police on the night of the shooting he saw a black man on top of a
lighter-skinned man "just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA-style." He
said the light-skinned man was calling for help. Interviewed later by
investigators, he said he was not sure who was calling for help, and is
not sure any punches were thrown.

A fourth witness also interviewed
on the night of the shooting said he heard the shooting, ran outside,
and saw Zimmerman standing with "blood on the back of his head."
According to "Witness 13," Zimmerman told him that Martin "was beating
up on me, so I had to shoot him."

A month later, the same witness
described Zimmerman's demeanor: "[It was] not like 'I can't believe I
just shot someone!' It was more like, 'Just tell my wife I shot
somebody,' like it was nothing."

Any views on this?.... let rip...I am all ears....well...you get the point....

• Lulu's Mom 2012/05/23 16:43:02
    Lulu's Mom
    +3
    The witnesses may be sketchy, but the bottom line is that Zimmerman chased him down after the police told him not to. I would have defended myself too if some nut was chasing me with a gun. If Zimmerman had done what he was told, none of this would have happened.

• Inquisitve Kat 2012/05/28 05:00:38
    Inquisitve Kat
    +2
    The more that comes out, the more I think he's guilty. I won't cast judgement until a verdict is reached, but it's not looking good for him.
  • Manuel Inquisi... 2012/07/10 06:45:34
    Manuel
    +1
    I kinda feel the same way....
  • Dzeeng 2012/05/24 05:38:12
    Dzeeng
    +1
    Zimmerman was only defending himself
  • Manuel Dzeeng 2012/07/10 06:46:20
    Manuel
    then good thing dead man can't talk...or can they?
  • Dzeeng Manuel 2012/07/10 07:34:03
    Dzeeng
    +1
    this is my opinion the rest of the court will decide
  • Manuel Dzeeng 2012/07/10 16:31:09
    Manuel
    yup...the court will try to figure out how Zimmerman chasing after Martin was only defending himself. lol
  • Andy Fletcher 2012/05/24 03:07:08
    Andy Fletcher
    The reason witness testimony is gathered as soon as possible, and that testimony is generally considered the most reliable is that what they saw has not had time to deteriorate in their minds. Granted, it's still in no way guaranteed to be accurate. But as time goes on there is time to for it become tainted by the media, and in fact their own faulty memory. That's why they are cross examined on the witness stand, to expose any inconsistencies.

This, if true (link please) "But in another interview with investigators six days later, the paper reported, she was sure: It was Zimmerman on top.

"I know after seeing the TV of
    definitely on top because of his size," the woman, "Witness 12," said."

is a BIG problem for the prosecution. I would bet they DON'T call this witness because the defense will rip them apart. I don't understand, other than it conforms to what you already believe, how you don't see the problem with this NEW accounting of the incident.

The rest of it doesn't corroborate or discount Zimmerman's story in the slightest. At worst it helps install a "reasonable doubt" which a jury has to be beyond to convict in a criminal case. Basically, they are all saying they are NOT sure what they saw.

As far a...

"I know after seeing the TV of

As far as the police doing a reenactment, and THEN releasing their conclusions based on the results, again, I am requesting a link to support this because on it's own, and since a jury has not been chosen and sequestered, can definitely lead to a change of venue, and quite possibly an out and out dismissal, which will provide justice for no one, especially Martin, if Zimmerman is in fact guilty.

I wrote the above about 7 hours ago then we had a cable outage and I couldn't do any more research in trying to find anything on this on the net. I'm not going to look again, but I would appreciate a link to this new story. One thing I did find, of which I was unaware and can't verify, is that Martin actually approached Zimmerman first while he was in his vehicle, and demanded to know why he was following him. Now if I was an unarmed teenager in a neighborhood I didn't usually hang out in, 200 feet from "home", and someone is following me and I'm not doing anything besides walking home, I'm going to go on home and consider calling the cops and telling them some creep was following me.
    Certainly, what I'm NOT going to do, is go and confront them. But unlike you, I'm also NOT going to make the unfounded assumption that this means Martin attacked Zimmerman first. There has been NO evidence released to indicate who attacked who first. What has been released seems to exonerate Zimmerman, or at least be enough to force reasonable doubt. It is time to let the courts handle it.
  • Manuel Andy Fl... 2012/07/10 06:48:26
    Manuel
    it's all on Wikipedia....
    It appears that the 'witnesses' are succumbing to the pressures - defense will tear them apart and some 12 jurors will be terrified of making a decision that is not approved by the press, the president, and the race baiters
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/05/23 23:52:12
  • Manuel POWERSH... 2012/07/10 06:49:55
    Manuel
    so Zimmerman chasing after the kid leads to defending him self?
  • POWERSH... Manuel 2012/07/13 14:33:18
  • Manuel POWERSH... 2012/07/13 22:14:15
  • POWERSH... Manuel 2012/07/13 23:52:53
  • Manuel POWERSH... 2012/07/15 15:30:16
    Manuel
    +1
    Well, frankly, I'm tired of the Zimmerman case. Can't we move on to something else? Zimmerman will be tried by a jury of twelve peers. Whatever they decide will be the end of it anyway. same here...he's toast....
  • POWERSH... Manuel 2012/07/15 19:28:02
  • Manuel POWERSH... 2012/07/17 17:27:52
    Manuel
    i am :)
  • meme14 2012/05/23 19:56:04
    meme14
    +1
    When stories start changing - I start to question the validity of the testimony. I am sure that with all of the resources available to investigators, the angle of the entry and exit wounds, gun powder residue, etc - they can tell the distance and stance of the shooter, whether his stance was defensive or offensive, whether he was retreating or attacking - they should be able to pretty accurately reinact what actually happened - eye witness testimony is notoriously unreliable and should only be used to support forensics, not to substitute for it.
  • Manuel meme14 2012/07/10 06:53:12
    Manuel
    the problem is police blew it that night by not taking pictures of Martin's body before and after it was moved..and investigating the scene...they just took Zimmerman's word for what happen...and now that's changed as well...read it all on Wikipedia...
  • meme14 Manuel 2012/07/10 21:14:16
    meme14
    +1
    It's a mess for sure...but, I still think there is a lot of information that can be taken from trajectory...they can reinact the stance and positions..they can tell if someone was running or approaching..that's where the real story is..unless there are conflicting interpretations..then, hopefully, there are reliable witnesses to corroborate either way.
  • Manuel meme14 2012/07/11 01:08:56
    Manuel
    +1
    okay...that's about all there's left...?
  • meme14 Manuel 2012/07/11 01:39:49
    meme14
    I think it's a damn shame- I wish it wasn't handled so badly by the police. When the police realized he was staying in that gated community they had to have that 'oh crap' feeling...he had every right to be there. I don't even understand why Zimmerman approached him anyway...I would instantly get annoyed if someone approached me like that on my way back from the store. I dunno..seems like one of those siren chaser kind of guys to me..but, in the end, though, If there isn't enough evidence to convict he should go free..the police will be answering for their sloppiness either way...people are watching now..someone brought the media in
  • Manuel meme14 2012/07/11 02:01:56
    Manuel
    actually..if Zimmerman wasn't a hot head guy...and just spoke from his truck when the kid was walking past him...he could have said hey kid I a neighborhood watch patrol man...I just need to ask what your business is here?..Do you live here?...The kid would have said yea my Father lives here with his girl friend and I'm staying with him...case closed...
    So it really wasn't directly the polices fault...but what is their fault is not asking Zimmerman...did you tell this person who you where?...They just took Zimmerman's views and asked him questions according to those views. In no way did they ask him questions like...did you ask him where he lived?...Did you ask him his name?...what made you think this guy was up to no good?...what did he do to actually have you chase after him?...do you catch him with stolen goods?...did he come out of some one's house with stolen property?...was he dealing drugs?...nothing like those questions were answered... They just took his word and chalked up the dead body as a THUG...That is what went wrong...and THEN `when that cat came out of the bag...they tried to cover it up....
  • meme14 Manuel 2012/07/11 02:37:24 (edited)
    meme14
    +1
    I agree- If he wouldn't have acted like an ass and just plainly told him who he was and asked what he was doing there the kid would have probably answered politely...even more so becauses he was alone...and unarmed..he was almost home - Zimmerman was probably aggressive from the beginning and probably scared the kid.. (that's my personal opinion) My son's 21..and I know how he would react..he'd be ok if the guy was just doing his job and being decent about it..but, he'd get offended or scared..if someone without a uniform approached him aggressively at night..And, yes, the police really screwed that up..that's the mentality, though..they can deny it if they want..but, intentional or not, just like the consciousness of guilt, the truth reveals itself in actions and inactions.
  • Manuel meme14 2012/07/11 02:44:53
    Manuel
    some people here tend to think Zimmerman will just skate through all this because he rightfully defended him self.. They think the trail is just gonna be a one sided coin .....
  • meme14 Manuel 2012/07/11 03:02:18
    meme14
    +1
    I don't doubt that..there are some miserable people on here - Zimmerman was the pursuer..He should have identified himself and really even then..the kid has a right to feel reasonably safe..you don't even have to pull over for the police at night until you get to a safely lit area. The kid didn't know if he was a nut or not. We pound safety into our kids heads from an early age..being approached aggressively at night by a stranger has got to be the nightmare we always imagined come true..I think Zimmerman's not telling the whole truth..I am hoping there's enough physical evidence to prove that..I hope he takes the stand too..that will be his undoing..I don't think it will be an easy trail at all..the only way he could win..is if the evidence is inconclusive and he invokes the fifth over and over..
  • Manuel meme14 2012/07/11 04:00:49
    Manuel
    Zimmerman thinks he can out smart the justice system...that's what he's gonna go for..he has a big ego...he's not just gonna sit there and say nothing...
  • Howler 2012/05/23 17:28:09
    Howler
    The initial responses are probably more candid IMO.

No real reason why they should not be.

With as much publicity as this case has gotten, if the witnesses had wanted to revise their stories to be more truthful the second time around, they did not have to wait to be contacted...They could have easily volunteered their revision in a pro-active way instead of waiting for law enforcement to contact them...Especially if they were concerned about righting a wrong on their own behalf.
  • Singerar 2012/05/23 17:19:39
    Singerar
    +1
    If witnesses are changing stories, and the police didn't admit him to ER right after the shooting, when this thing gets to court it's going to be a "cluster f$ck" with the jury. If it's confusing for us, give all this evidence (or lack of) to a half wit jury and see what happens.

I'm still stuck with Z having a gun and NOT standing down when the dispatch told him to, then disappearing.
    The cards are going to have to fall with a Jury now.
  • mrdog 2012/05/23 17:04:31
    mrdog
    +1
    Means nothing.... put evidence in court...and let the chips fall...bark
  • Lulu's Mom 2012/05/23 16:43:02
    Lulu's Mom
    +3
  • Dagon 2012/05/23 16:39:48
  • bob 2012/05/23 16:00:05
    bob
    +1
    What a mess
  • Manuel bob 2012/05/23 16:05:47
    Manuel
    +1
    that Zimmerman made.....
  • Dana 2012/05/23 15:54:37
    Dana
    +3
    IF the police had actually done a real investigation THAT NIGHT when this occurred, they would have had more reliable information. Not even possible that hardly any witness will be seen as credible now...

This is the fault of the police dept down there.,...
  • Manuel Dana 2012/05/23 16:07:06
    Manuel
    +1
    That's what they have to deal with for favoring Zimmerman's word about Martin....
  • Dana Manuel 2012/05/23 16:11:30
    Dana
    +2
    I agree. And for all the media attention and outrage this has received,..,.. again, the blame mostly goes to that incredibly inept police dept. That and ol Z himself for killing this innocent kid in cold blood.

I just hope they can get a fair trial and by fair, I mean for Trayvon Martin too. That kid has been slandered and dragged through the coals. Blaming the victim has to stop. It is sickening. But if the state attorney is as capable as she has appeared, hopefully she can get the truth out on both sides so everyone will know what happened.
  • Manuel Dana 2012/05/23 16:26:40
    Manuel
    +2
    if you ask me....stereo typing is what got Zimmerman interested in Martin...
  • Dana Manuel 2012/05/23 17:19:15
    Dana
    +3
    I will not disagree with you at all. I think "wanna be cops" are quite dangerous and those with racist tendencies even worse. No doubt that this should never have happened.
  • Manuel Dana 2012/07/10 06:59:41
    Manuel
    well if Zimmerman walks...I really doubt if a security or law enforcement would hire him after all this crap he pulled...but I don't think he's gonna get off so easy....

2014/09/17 09:35:28