Your only two choices on Medicare, protect Medicare with Romney/Ryan, or raid Medicare with obama/biden

☆astac☆~PWCM 2012/08/30 03:06:06
obama has raided Medicare by the tune of 716 BILLION Dollars.
So the choice is simple, protect Medicare with Romney/Ryan, or raid it with obama/biden.
Where do you stand

• firefly 2012/09/02 17:28:36
  • rightside 2012/09/02 14:48:38
    Protect Medicare with Romney/Ryan
    rightside
    +1
    Its like Wisconsin, the union for the teachers demanded more money and more benefits and the governor said "we don't have any more money in the bank".
    That didn't matter to the union, they said they wanted it anyway. Unions have turned their folks into welfare takers. Whatever free thing they can get, they want it and they want it now,
    Medicare will go under if we don't do something now. bama just lies and says its OK and just don't look at all the holes in the boat with water coming in.
  • taitaFalcon23 2012/09/02 05:10:38
    Raid Medicare with obama/biden
    taitaFalcon23
    This is a false choice as there is no raiding of medicare by the dems and the president. The dems invented medicare in '65. They are not going to kill it now, whereas the GOP has hated medicare for over 40 yrs... who is historically likely to kill it in 2012? The GOP. Don't fall for the vouchercare BS. It'sa trap. The cuts proposed by the president are the same cuts to the insurance companies that have proven to aid waste, fraud and abuse as id'd by Ryan in his own budget proposal. God, as an agent in the insurance business, most of my days are filled with keeping people informed about what's really happening regardless of party affiliation and I see farmilies ruined already by not understanding what is coming their way.
  • ☆astac☆... taitaFa... 2012/09/02 14:40:27
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +2
    Actually obama did raid Medicare by 716 Billion dollars, that is a fact you now have to live with. So our little obama supporter and useful idiot for the democrats, tell us why you hate seniors?? The cuts that obama HAS done are not the same as those proposed by the insurance companies , and these cuts are not for fraud and waste. All you are doing is repeating leftist lies

Obama Loots $716 Billion from Medicare
    A Report issued by the CBO this week finds Obama has taken $716 Billion from Medicare to fund Obamacare

Senior Obama adviser David Axelrod attacked Romney and Ryan this week with the accusation that a repeal of Obamacare would bankrupt Medicare. David Axelrod however is misinformed, as the real threat to Medicare is President Obama, who has taken billions of dollars from Medicare to fund Obamacare.

According to the CBO, the payment cuts in Medicare include:

A $260 billion payment cut for hospital services.
    A $39 billion payment cut for skilled nursing services.
    A $17 billion payment cut for hospice services.
    A $66 billion payment cut for home health services.
    A $33 billion payment cut for all other services.
    A $156 billion cut in payment rates in Medicare Advantage (MA); $156 billion is before considering interactions with other provisions. The House Ways and Means Committee wa...

Obama Loots $716 Billion from Medicare

A $156 billion cut in payment rates in Medicare Advantage (MA); $156 billion is before considering interactions with other provisions. The House Ways and Means Committee was able to include interactions with other provisions, estimating the cuts to MA to be even higher, coming in at $308 billion.
    $56 billion in cuts for disproportionate share hospital (DSH) payments.* DSH payments go to hospitals that serve a large number of low-income patients.
    $114 billion in other provisions pertaining to Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP* (does not include coverage-related provisions).

*Subtract $25 billion total between DSH payments and other provisions for spending that was cut from Medicaid and CHIP.

In total, Obamacare raids Medicare by $716 billion from 2013 to 2022. Despite Medicare facing a 75-year unfunded obligation of $37 trillion, Obamacare uses the savings from the cuts to pay for other provisions in Obamacare, not to help shore up Medicare’s finances.

The impact of these cuts will be detrimental to seniors’ access to care. The Medicare trustees 2012 report concludes that these lower Medicare payment rates will cause an estimated 15 percent of hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and home health agencies to operate at a loss by 2019, 25 percent to operate at a loss in 2030, and 40 percent by 2050. Operating at a loss means these facilities are likely to cut back their services to Medicare patients or close their doors, making it more difficult for seniors to access these services.

In addition, as MA deteriorates under Obamacare’s cuts, many of those who are enrolled in MA (27 percent of total Medicare beneficiaries) will lose their current health coverage and be forced back into traditional Medicare, where Medicare providers will be subject to further cuts. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services chief actuary predicted in 2010 that enrollment in MA would decrease 50 percent by 2017, when Obamacare’s cuts were estimated at only $145 billion. Now that the cuts have been increased to $156 billion (or possibly $308 billion, as the Ways and Means Committee estimates), MA enrollment will surely decrease even further.

But Obamacare’s raid of Medicare doesn’t stop with cuts; it includes a redirection of tax revenue from the Medicare payroll tax hike in Obamacare. The payroll tax funds Medicare Part A, the trust fund that is projected to become insolvent as soon as 2024. Obamacare increases the tax from 2.9 percent to 3.8 percent, which is projected to cost taxpayers $318 billion from 2013 to 2022. However, for the very first time, Obamacare does not use the tax revenue from the increased Medicare payroll tax to pay for Medicare; the money is used to fund other parts of Obamacare, much like the $716 billion in cuts are.

With a raid on Medicare of this magnitude, President Obama’s assertion that his new law is protecting seniors and Medicare is astonishing. The truth is that Obamacare does the opposite.
  • rightside taitaFa... 2012/09/02 14:46:01
    rightside
    +1
    How can you accuse it of being lies when its right there on paper? Unless you are a mind reader and you know the sinister thoughts of Ryan.
    Truth could hit you in the face and you'd scream lie at it until you couldn't scream anymore.
  • caius madison 2012/08/30 22:15:29
    Protect Medicare with Romney/Ryan
    caius madison
    +2
    I didn't pay in for the last 16 years to just give it away. Obama, your place is known, and it is prison.
  • taitaFa... caius m... 2012/09/02 06:30:47
    taitaFalcon23
    what is mandating that your medicare is being given away...? I find the premise of your view as comedic as it was the GOP that has opposed medicare from it's inception. It works and now they don't want anybody touching their medicare - it's comically ironic.

You're demanding that Obama goes to prison for up holding a benefit that your party has been trying to kill for 40 yrs. I was there in 65 and remember the debates over it. You weren't even born yet; I have a son your age...
  • ☆astac☆... taitaFa... 2012/09/02 14:41:40
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    obama and the democrats raided Medicare of 716 Billion dollars. These are funds that were set to pay for services to hospitals and providers.
  • taitaFa... ☆astac☆... 2012/09/04 03:42:31
    taitaFalcon23
    heh, there again is exactly where you'd be wrong on the issue.... The govt uses payroll taxes to pay for part A. Parts B, C and D are paid by the premiums of the medicare recipient. Govt involvement ends at part A and in fact only pays for the first 20 days of care before the recipient (you) picks up the tab for $289/day. 30 Days later, the tab goes to $578 per day at out of pocket reimbursement with no help from medicare. Tht is the system since 2006 since GWB was in office and still the system to date. Part A pays for inpatient hospitalization and skilled nursing and part B pays for doctors. Part C is a combo of A+B thru an advantage plan or medical supplement (medsupp). Obamacare does not change any of that except broaden who can particpate in the cvg...
  • ☆astac☆... taitaFa... 2012/09/04 03:51:32
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    The only one wrong is you. So stop lying, no one is listening to your lies
  • taitaFa... ☆astac☆... 2012/09/04 03:56:13
    taitaFalcon23
    heh, so you're too chicken to test me.. is that it...? not suprised... keep whistlin' in the dark....BTW, what did I 'lie' about just now....?
  • ☆astac☆... taitaFa... 2012/09/04 03:58:19
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    Everything
  • taitaFa... ☆astac☆... 2012/09/04 04:29:13
    taitaFalcon23
    astac, I swear... perhaps, you cannot understand. Poltics really have no place in the lives of people who have their worlds shattered when they lose all they've worked and gonna have. I'm on a mission to help people because that is what I and the other members of our team do....

When I sell a policy to a person - that is not the end of things. That is just the beginning. These clients are people you get to know for years and years.

Those relationships don't get started on lies. You help them maximize their assets and lives, you watch their kids grow and watch their parents die. It's not for the faint hearted... it's alot of work. When you screw up with lies you find out the damage you do in a d*mn hurry.

It takes a passion that you may not be able to understand or muster. If not me, become friends with a good insurance agent. Ask yourself, why would a college educated and company trained expert put himself in the roll of a telemarketer... Is it because we see the hurt and disaster people experience everyday...? Yeah, it is.... We also see the sighs of relief and joy when we help people meet a future they may not have had if they had not met you....

I recently uncovered $20,000 dollars a dying old woman didn't know she had and all she wants before she dies is a new couch... Yo...

I recently uncovered $20,000 dollars a dying old woman didn't know she had and all she wants before she dies is a new couch... You know how much I got paid for that..? Nothing... Zilch.... It was money she already had but was hidden in a big stack of personal files... She won't be here by this time next year but I left her better off than when I found her.... All because she answered the phone when I checked on her medicare and allowed me to review her files.
  • ☆astac☆... taitaFa... 2012/09/05 02:45:09
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    Listen, your lies are not getting you anywhere.
  • taitaFa... ☆astac☆... 2012/09/05 03:33:45
    taitaFalcon23
    okay, you're right... you're too stupid to get with the program and I've donated more than enough time for even the slow to get a clue; you cannot name a d*mn thing I 'lied' about.... well, my efforts are off the table bye idiot
  • rightside taitaFa... 2012/09/02 14:44:24
    rightside
    +1
    What part of over 700 BILLION don't you get?
    If we don't do something with Medicare now, it won't be there for the rest of us.
  • taitaFa... rightside 2012/09/02 18:50:47
    taitaFalcon23
    but what do you care - the GOP doesn't want you to have it.. in fact - ditch it now and you won't have to worry about it
  • ☆astac☆... taitaFa... 2012/09/02 18:51:43
  • taitaFa... ☆astac☆... 2012/09/02 19:52:34
    taitaFalcon23
    heh, how emotional... the irony around here is rich... the repubs are the 'hang tough' people, f*ck those with their hands out and feeling entitled, I've got mine....' and yet when they think they're gonna lose something, b*tch like babies...heh... I've seen everything now....
  • ☆astac☆... taitaFa... 2012/09/03 00:04:50
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    Seems you like to lie
  • taitaFa... ☆astac☆... 2012/09/03 13:29:52
    taitaFalcon23
    yeah, I'm lying just to piss you off... Dude, you're not that important, get over yourself.
  • ☆astac☆... taitaFa... 2012/09/03 17:52:27
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    You are lying
  • taitaFa... ☆astac☆... 2012/09/04 01:37:15
    taitaFalcon23
    heh, you are an insurance salesman's delight. I will shake up your world in regards to what you THINK you know about medicare but in truth, even if Obama and R/R did nothing to it, you have a 75% chance of being medically in debt in the first year after your 65th birthday.

So charge on. I've already told you, I am a medicare expert and deal with this everyday (including weekends). Now if you have the big brass ones, you can ask me how I know you're setting yourself up for the big splat regardless of who wins in Nov.

Everything I'd say is verifiable; either online, at the S/S office or call the medicare office and check out what I'm saying....You are exactly the guy I set straight when they admit to whistling to themselves in the dark... go ahead and take the challenge.... heh.... I dare ya. Makes no difference to me if you do or don't. I've got hundreds, tenths of thousands of other people who have enough brains to listen.
  • taitaFa... ☆astac☆... 2012/09/02 19:55:14
  • rightside taitaFa... 2012/09/02 19:08:21
    rightside
    +1
    Gotta go with 'astac'.....liar. bama would be proud.
  • taitaFa... rightside 2012/09/02 19:52:41
    taitaFalcon23
    heh, you one hot flash away from losing your healthcare right now... the GOP will have your women's care vouchered next but they'll keep the viagra payment up for your husbands to chase their secretaries around the office with...heh ...
  • rightside taitaFa... 2012/09/02 19:56:08
    rightside
    +1
    Filthy mouth little DiM. If you don't have real argument, then just say so. Don't crawl in the toilet to find crap to spew.
  • taitaFa... rightside 2012/09/02 19:57:34
    taitaFalcon23
    this IS my argument, if you're not bright enough to understand it... that is not my fault. http://www.factcheck.org/2009...
  • caius m... taitaFa... 2012/09/04 14:18:58
    caius madison
    +1
    The link does not exist when I click on it, is there another link to this shocking knowledge?
  • taitaFa... caius m... 2012/09/04 14:25:38
    taitaFalcon23
    hmmm... I just tested it and it worked fine for me... try it again - http://www.factcheck.org/2009...
  • caius m... taitaFa... 2012/09/04 14:40:54
    caius madison
    +1
    I just did, I'm using an Android, so it may be one of very few websites that it cannot access.
  • caius m... taitaFa... 2012/09/04 14:50:42 (edited)
    caius madison
    +1
    I took the liberty of looking further and have fou d whaf you say to be accurate, still don't see how it's defending Obam or Liberal agenda in any way. The Republicans have raided it consistantly too, the most recent, and perhaps most unconventional of all misusings, was by the Obama to institute a backing for the health tax. What a joke. Support of that is I furiating
  • ☆astac☆... rightside 2012/09/03 00:05:25
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +1
    He has nothing, just another obama kiss ass with no facts
  • rightside ☆astac☆... 2012/09/03 00:07:36
    rightside
    +1
    This is just a preview of things to come before the election.
  • ☆astac☆... rightside 2012/09/03 00:09:36
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +1
    I had one downtown today flapping his lips, a nice drenching of cold water shut him down
  • rightside ☆astac☆... 2012/09/03 13:24:26
    rightside
    +1
    ohmygosh, what did you do????
  • ☆astac☆... rightside 2012/09/03 17:53:31
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +1
    Well it was pretty cool out, So He was by a huge puddle so I ran my truck through it and gave him a much needed shower
  • rightside ☆astac☆... 2012/09/03 19:09:30
    rightside
    +1
    Shame on you! giggle giggle
  • ☆astac☆... rightside 2012/09/03 19:23:11
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +1
    I could not resist :)
  • taitaFa... ☆astac☆... 2012/09/04 02:18:00
    taitaFalcon23
    yeah... ask me for facts if you have the hairy brass ones...

2014/09/02 14:28:46