Your family...your home...your life...Is The Second Amendment Worth Fighting For To Remain In Tact Even Today?

Marie/M2M2K™-#1ConservativeGuru 2012/09/12 19:41:55
With talks of weapons bans, and my recent experience, I thought I'd ask this question.

About a month ago, EARLY one Friday morning, two men broke into my home. One completely got into my home while the other was "manning the car" they had backed into my carport.

They actually first rang the doorbell. I was asleep and did not hear it. My son did. I guess they were testing to see if anyone was there. My son was slow to get up but when he did not hear me get up, he went ahead and opened his door. He could see down the hallway. And he saw the man in our home. He immediately ducked into my room, said, "Mom, someone's in the house," and he reached right inside my bedside table and grabbed my 9mm. He knew how to use it.

He was so quick that he had the gun, had taken off the safety, pulled the slide back and hit the hallway just as my feet hit the floor. But I was right in behind him at that point as he hit the hallway. They heard him coming and took off like bats out of hell. They tore up my front yard getting the hell out of there as quickly as they could.

I am thankful my son did not have to use my gun. But he was ready. And he would have done it as I would have but at that point he had control of the situation. I am thankful also for the second amendment which gives me the right to protect my home and my family and vice versa. God only knows how traumatic it would have been for my almost 16 year old son to have to shoot someone. Or me or anyone else. But criminals don't seem to care about the position they put me, my son, or anyone else in when they commit crimes. These idiots had the nerve while my son and I were talking to the cop to try this again only a little while later. Both times they got away. But without physically hurting any of us. THANKFULLY.

The second amendment is there for us. To protect ourselves against a tyrannical government, but also to protect ourselves, our homes, our families against those like this. Criminals would love to see the second amendment squashed I'm sure. Not me. I believe in it. My voice for owning small weapons was renewed and reinforced after what my son and I experienced.

How important is it to you? Are you ready or continue to have the fight in you to fight for it?

This is an amazing song by an amazing band. It is but only ONE of their great tunes. And it goes perfectly with my post. :)

See http://www.madisonrising.com to find out more about this up and coming band (consisting of military veterans) and support them. Their music is AWESOME and they can use the support!

• GINGERBREAD 2012/09/12 19:53:18
    Yes it should always remain available to our citizens.
    GINGERBREAD
    +11
    I keep telling everybody thattwo best you'll ever have are SMITH & WESSON. If you'll notice their sales are going over the top this year. Now, my advise to everybody, do not register your weapons to the government. Remember what happened in New Orleans after Katrina.

• Comment related to this subject
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    Marie, I am so glad your son knows how to use a gun..I had a situation in which I had too physically fight a man..See, me having young girls in my house and small children I got to lock my guns up..After that situation I am thinking about having me a loaded pistol hidden away from my girls..I mean if the man had a gun I would of not had time to unlock my gun case so it could of been a terrible deadly senario..Do, you have any advice you could give me as far storing a loaded pistol to keep out of reach of my girls??
  • CoinOperatedJoy 2013/02/19 22:05:00
    CoinOperatedJoy
    Yes. Everyone has the right to wear tank tops.
  • Nat Turner 2013/02/19 15:09:34
    Nat Turner
    +1
    Even though Obama isn't going to ban guns, what if we start bashing intruders heads in killing them??? then what? What if we have an abundance of that kind of behavior?
  • Jim 2013/02/17 21:12:47 (edited)
    Jim
    +1
    Deadly force isn't going to protect you from tyranny if it just stays in the gun locker. The Second Amendment presumes that the American People will move quickly to squelch tyranny before it gets so big that it cannot be stopped. Even Thomas Jefferson pointed out how important it was to have revolutions at least every 20 years.

The Elite Classes must be terrorized from time to time, and a few made examples of, to compel them to behave. Yes, there are some economic activities that require concentrations of wealth. All too often, however, such wealth becomes mischief if the holders are not reminded that their heads could roll if they let greed tempt them into malfeasance with the People's money.
  • hawk Semper Fi 2012/12/19 03:03:12
    hawk Semper Fi
    This one right protects all the other rights and check this out this is the reason that the 2nd amendment is there.
    http://voxvocispublicus.homes...
    Now this is a reenactment but it is based on what happen in 1946

Semper Fi
  • OneOfTheAmericanPeople 2012/09/16 08:22:37
    OneOfTheAmericanPeople
    +1
    Lets just hope "The Administration" can finally realize that
  • krayzrick 2012/09/15 19:25:22
    krayzrick
    +3
    Would he give up his sword?
    Knight
    Would he give up his spear?
    Indian with spear
    Would I give up my gun?
    man holding rifle
    THE ANSWER TO ALL IS HELL NO!!
  • Claybern 2012/09/15 19:09:14
    Claybern
    +3
    They can have my guns when I am dead. However I will not give up my guns, never.
  • 4570GOVT Claybern 2012/09/15 19:52:31
    4570GOVT
    +3
    ...................... Bullets First !
  • JoeM~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/14 21:20:46
    JoeM~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    I will always have fire arms. The constitution and my conscience demand it.
  • Jeremy 2012/09/14 14:47:09
  • wysiwis 2012/09/14 04:46:48
    wysiwis
    +5
    DANG Marie!
    Though I never wanted to own a gun, I've ALWAYS felt the need keep that right. It MUST be defended. People forget that the "militia" that it speaks of, is us, everyday citizens. We are STILL the militia that they speak of.

• Marie/M... wysiwis 2012/09/14 09:23:36
  • 4570GOVT wysiwis 2012/09/15 19:49:42
    4570GOVT
    +2
    Better to be Judged By 12 ------------ Than to be Carried By 6 !
  • wysiwis 4570GOVT 2012/09/15 23:09:06
    wysiwis
    +2
    Indeed, that's why in the last four years I took a CCW class and applied for and received it. Purchased a 40cal, and 12ga. for home defense, and a 380 to carry and enough ammo for each. I still need to apply for a FL out-of-state CCW. That way I'll be covered throughout most of the ConUS when I do my motorcycle trips.
  • 4570GOVT wysiwis 2012/09/16 15:28:13
    4570GOVT
    +1
    Sounds like a plan , buddy ! - The Florida CCW Card is recognized in a LOT of states . There are bills being stopped in the Senate ( Harry Reid ) that would make one states licence good in ANY other State . It is going to take " Taking OutThe Trash " from the Senate . Be sure to get on the NRA - ILA Website list to get e-mails about ALL gun laws coming down the pike . The MSM prefer to keep them quiet !
  • wysiwis 4570GOVT 2012/09/16 17:11:58
    wysiwis
    +2
    That's the reason I want to get it too. Ohio covers quite a few, and there's some overlap w/FL, but FL covers almost all the other states.

I have mixed emotions about "Government mandated" reciprocity,. While it would make it easier/cheaper on the average CCW holder that likes to travel, I don't like the idea of them stepping on "States Rights" to not have reciprocity with another too.

I get about 5 e-mails a day from several different people from the NRA-ILA(usually saying the same thing too). Rest assured, I'm on it!
  • 4570GOVT wysiwis 2012/09/16 23:18:43
    4570GOVT
    That kind of bothers me too . The " Slippery Slope " aspect of it is an issue . I think I would have to see ALL SIDES of the finished bill before saying one way or the other .
    Good luck on your purchases , they sound like a nice , well rounded tool kit . ( a tool for everything ) . I'm real fond of the .40 myself .
  • wysiwis 4570GOVT 2012/09/16 23:33:00
    wysiwis
    +1
    That would be an interesting read.

Thanks. For right now, I'm concentrating on the ammo aspect, before the price goes too much higher.
  • 4570GOVT wysiwis 2012/09/16 23:40:08
    4570GOVT
    It went sky high last time that idiot ran . It's like this ........ if he wins ( God Forbid ) the money you spend on ammo now , will be money well spent . If he loses ............. You Paid To Much ! ;-)
  • wysiwis 4570GOVT 2012/09/18 00:23:31
    wysiwis
    +2
    I wasn't paying much attention beforehand. Shortly after he was elected, and I put my flag to half-mast, I was in the market!!!

No matter what I spend at this time, no matter the outcome, it's still worth it.
  • 4570GOVT wysiwis 2012/09/18 14:40:07
    4570GOVT
    +1
    I was just talking from an economical standpoint . People out there ( dealers ) tend to GOUGE the prices in these times of uncertainty . Just like other things , GAS being the most subject to this , people use any excuse to squeeze more money from you & me .
    The PRICE of ammo and guns " Do Not Go Up " for the dealers at the top end ( just like gasoline ) . " They " have a stock of merchandise that was purchsed Months Ago . They now see a chance to double their money .................. and they do it .
  • wysiwis 4570GOVT 2012/09/18 23:43:13
    wysiwis
    +1
    I understand that, and I watch the prices VERY closely, especially dealer prices! I found that Wal-Mart actually has the cheapest price, and usually by a couple of dollars a box(same brand) compared to the few dealers around here! Right now, I'm only paying about a dollar more now, than when I started buying two and a half years ago. I expect prices to soar come next month, through the election. So, while the gettin's (reasonably) good, till the end of the month....
  • Prairie Wind 2012/09/13 23:58:27
    Prairie Wind
    +3
    The M1911 is coming back into production in lieu of the 9mm Beretta. http://www.colt.com/ColtMilit...
  • 4570GOVT Prairie... 2012/09/18 14:46:55
    4570GOVT
    +2
    I never went OUT of production . Most of the " elite " troops prefer a Man Stopper ( which the M-9 is not ) . The 1911 which most think is the " perfect " military hand gun , has seen a HUGE revival in the civillian market ever since the Army replaced it . Everybody Is Building 1911's These Days !
  • Prairie... 4570GOVT 2012/09/20 02:03:10
    Prairie Wind
    +2
    Collect that brass!
  • kobidobidog 2012/09/13 19:34:28
    Comment related to this subject
    kobidobidog
    To protect our selves with guns teaches criminals to be criminals. Obviously Jesus is not a criminal. A criminal has no thought about saving his soul, and will be a criminal in Gods eyes. Be a criminal in Gods eyes, and God will not see Jesus seeing chaff being burnt by his glory to be no more. Religious lies about hell cause people to not see this. Hence having criminals even as we see them.
  • Kaye kobidob... 2012/09/14 15:11:12
    Kaye
    +3
    You're telling me you would let someone kill your family.God never means for that to happen.You have the right to protect yourself.I'll sure as hell protect mine.
  • 4570GOVT Kaye 2012/09/15 19:47:37 (edited)
    4570GOVT
    +1
    BINGO ! - Me Too

................ Better To Be Judged By 12 ----- ThanTo Be Carried By 6
  • Tim 2012/09/13 18:20:12
    Tim
    +5
    A Basic, Fundamental, Constitutional right. It will not be given up period! or as I have heard it said before "From my cold dead hands" . Your story alone is enough proof that guns are needed for basic home protection even before we one day have to deal with a tyranical goverment.
  • Biki~pwcm/potl~ 2012/09/13 17:56:03
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +6
    So glad you and your son were okay!! Scary!!! I've told my husband I want a gun big enough to shoot through layers of dry wall and scare the living sh!t out of anyone who is coming in. I'd rather patch drywall then bullet holes in my body.
  • 4570GOVT Biki~pw... 2012/09/15 19:46:54 (edited)
    4570GOVT
    +2
    BRAVO - Well Said !

BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12 --- THAN TO BE CARRIED BY 6
  • KG 2012/09/13 17:45:39
    KG
    +6
    No matter what the Democrats and Republicans say, we will never give up our Bill of Rights and Constitution, if we did, this country becomes just more dirt, more Real Estate for the globalists to buy up.
  • texgem 2012/09/13 17:07:27
    texgem
    +7
    I will defend my family and friends with my life. There will be no second thoughts here.
  • Broddy 2012/09/13 16:34:43
    Broddy
    +7
    Glad you both are safe, and the Second Amendment has never been in question to me.
  • TJCannabis 2012/09/13 16:31:01
    TJCannabis
    +5
    Glad ya'll are safe and kudos to you for teaching your son. I have been around guns most of my life, got my first rifle at 9 was taught how to use safely and to hunt!! After being beaten and raped at 16 was given my first hand gun a .45 auto, my father taught me how to shoot, clean and protect myself, this was my 4th firearm. I have always owed a .45 for protection since, have had to pull it twice and use once. Shot the top of the left ear of a man who beat the crap out of a friend, followed her to my house and came after both of us. Four punks ran me off the road late one night. I had a concealed weapons permit by then, so when they started towards my car I pulled out my .45 told them the next one to take another step would meet his maker with the rest to follow. They jumped back in their car and left in a hurry!! We should always be able to protect ourselves and others in or on our property.
  • 4570GOVT TJCannabis 2012/09/15 19:45:59
    4570GOVT
    BRAVO - Well Said !
  • Sgt Major B 2012/09/13 16:17:16
    Sgt Major B
    +6
    "... but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens little if at all inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and the rights of their fellow citizens."

- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist # 29
  • dispatcher 2012/09/13 15:36:09
    dispatcher
  • Tim dispatcher 2012/09/13 18:23:43
    Tim
    +6
    Probably the most perfect visual I have ever seen for gun ownership. Thanks and couldn't agree more.

2014/12/23 05:14:34