You Might Be a Progressive Ideologue, if...

Yankee Traveler 2012/08/15 08:45:56

While relaxing in Harvard Yard one exceptionally pleasant afternoon this August, I figured the setting was appropriate to contemplate ten signs that you might be a progressive ideologue. Here they are.

You might be a progressive ideologue, if:

1. You are never wrong.

2. You can never be accused of being a hypocrite because you are never wrong.

3. You are utterly shocked and dismayed to discover that others do not enthusiastically recognize your inherent wisdom or superior compassion.

4. You see problems in the world as resulting from others not realizing that they should defer to your inherent wisdom and superior compassion for solutions.

5. You always know what is best for everyone else and what is best is usually burdensome and never applies to you.

6. You have the constant urge to enslave and impoverish everyone who is not at your level of sophistication.

7. You hold that arrogance is a strength and self-righteousness is a virtue.

8. You believe that "the ends justifies the means."

9. You believe that even lying is okay because the ends justifies the means.

10. "Divide and conquer" at all costs is how you achieve your ends.

Many more signs could be posted, but if you match most of these initial ten, then you might be a progressive ideologue.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/08/you_might_be_a_pr...

• Rusty Bubbles 2012/08/15 08:58:57 (edited)
    Rusty Bubbles
    +9
    Liberal Core beliefs

I believe I am entitled to silence others that do not believe as I do

I believe I have a “right” to food stamps

I believe I have a “right” to free housing

I believe I have a “right” to free health care

I believe I have a “right” to free money

I believe huge bureaucratic government is a good thing

I believe that the government is responsible for my well-being from cradle to grave

I believe that killing the unborn children is great, but collateral damage during war is evil

I believe that terrorists are simply misunderstood lovable people and they just need a hug

I believe that any business venture is bad

I believe the larger the corporation, the more evil it is

I believe that if I choose not to work for the rest of my life, I am entitled to full support from those that are foolish enough to work for a living

• goatman112003 2012/08/15 21:02:31
    goatman112003
    +2
    You have a right to be a parasite on the true working class.
  • Yankee ... goatman... 2012/08/16 08:26:27
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    I agree!!!
  • Dwight 2012/08/15 21:01:07
    Dwight
    +2
    An amazingly accurate apprasial that goes a long way in explaining many conversations I've seen in person and on SH.
  • Yankee ... Dwight 2012/08/16 08:27:59
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    Don't you love their lame way of turning everything into about themselves and then placing themselves as the victim??!!
  • Dwight Yankee ... 2012/08/16 12:32:59
    Dwight
    +1
    Oh, God, who doesn't? Watching them wiggle when penned on one jubject onto another is tiring. Once they try changing subjects be assured they are loosing. And that ain't allowed.
  • Yankee ... Dwight 2012/08/17 08:55:37
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    I have had them stand right there and start yelling names at me. There was even one person that placed themselves as the victim of being bullied. I really wanted to show that person a real up close and personal view of what bullying was really like.
  • Dwight Yankee ... 2012/08/17 12:23:15
    Dwight
    +1
    I find them to be much like a Jehova's Witness that way. They love to feel victimized, and when their opinion is rejected they can revel in a sort of martyrdom for being so much smarter than their oppressor.
  • Yankee ... Dwight 2012/08/17 21:19:52
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    Yes very well said!!
  • Kane Fernau 2012/08/15 17:53:00
    Kane Fernau
    +2
    Be a good little Sheeple and join the herd. We are just one big happy collective.
  • Yankee ... Kane Fe... 2012/08/15 20:56:44
    Yankee Traveler
    +2
    I'm the type to watch the herd from a distance and watch them all sniff each others butts. Most of them are followers. Have you ever seen what sheep that are followers do to the leaders?
  • SW 2012/08/15 12:48:39
    SW
    Wow. Here's what this whole rant is:

• Artist~PWCM~ 2012/08/15 12:25:48
    Artist~PWCM~
    +5
    Way too true. I just got done with a day long tearfest by such ideologues that just couldn't accept my difference of opinion and others that supported me. We were the demons, lol! Worse, they didn't like 'proof' either...truth must be too bright for them.
  • Yankee ... Artist~... 2012/08/15 20:58:04
    Yankee Traveler
    +2
    You are just pure evil!!!.......hahahahahahahah...
  • hapman 2012/08/15 11:58:58
    hapman
    +4
    I think you nailed it.

obama idealogue
  • shadow76 2012/08/15 09:03:00 (edited)
    shadow76
    +5
    If you think it is wrong to execute bad killers. but a right to butcher babies in the womb.
  • Yankee ... shadow76 2012/08/15 09:05:39
    Yankee Traveler
    +3
    Nice addition.......thanx!!!
  • shadow76 Yankee ... 2012/08/15 09:06:40
    shadow76
    +3
    Thanks, anytime!
    Rusty Bubbles
    +9
    Liberal Core beliefs

• Rusty Bubbles 2012/08/15 08:57:13
    Rusty Bubbles
    +8
    Confirmed: Conservatives understand liberal positions better than liberals understand conservative positions

[University of Virginia professor Jonathan] Haidt’s research asks individuals to answer questionnaires regarding their core moral beliefs—what sorts of values they consider sacred, which they would compromise on, and how much it would take to get them to make those compromises. By themselves, these exercises are interesting. (Try them online http://www.yourmorals.org/ and see where you come out.)

But Haidt’s research went one step further, asking self-indentified conservatives to answer those questionnaires as if they were liberals and for liberals to do the opposite. What Haidt found is that conservatives understand liberals’ moral values better than liberals understand where conservatives are coming from.

Worse yet, liberals don’t know what they don’t know; they don’t understand how limited their knowledge of conservative values is. If anyone is close-minded here it’s not conservatives
  • Yankee ... Rusty B... 2012/08/15 09:06:33
    Yankee Traveler
    +3
    True,true,true,............thanx for the link! I'm gonna check it out after work!!
  • Artist~... Rusty B... 2012/08/15 12:35:47
    Artist~PWCM~
    +4
    Considering the number of arguments that I get into with libs that dissolve within two responses to insults from them, I'd say you have a point there. Talking points from Wasserman Schultz and obama seem to be all libs have to work with...now there's a pair of dull bulbs.
  • Rusty B... Artist~... 2012/08/15 20:09:11 (edited)
    Rusty Bubbles
    +1
    What I find interesting is how many on the left like to point to some survey that claims liberals are better educated, but if you were to look into that research you'll find it includes "educators" who possess a degree in liberal arts. Now technically, they may be educated, but I don't think it transcends to being intelligent.

Remember these are the same geniuses who tried to give us "Cre8tiv Spellun" .......because they couldn't accurately correct spelling tests
    They are of the same group who constantly lower the scholastic bar so a earthworm could pass over
  • Artist~... Rusty B... 2012/08/16 00:11:30
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    Well said, lol!

2014/10/30 18:19:29