"You didn't build that" Taken Out of Context By the Right?

sodabox 2012/07/20 02:55:51

• Schläue~© 2012/07/20 04:13:36
    Schläue~©
    +12
    It was more than obvious what he was saying. It is his ideology.

Sometimes a gaffe is nothing more than the truth slipping out.

• Bob 2012/08/31 01:38:17
    Bob
    +1
    My guess is that, 74% of people weren't educated at Public, Government funded, schools.

guess 74 people educated public government funded schools
  • Cirsten Hahn 2012/07/26 18:09:52
    Cirsten Hahn
    He was talking like a tru blu progressive
  • sodabox Cirsten... 2012/07/26 18:33:50
    sodabox
    So different from this right?

• Cirsten... sodabox 2012/07/27 17:34:20
    Cirsten Hahn
    Maybe
  • sodabox Cirsten... 2012/07/29 17:24:09
    sodabox
    Maybe? What a lame comeback! XD
  • robert.... sodabox 2012/07/29 12:32:49
  • sodabox robert.... 2012/07/29 17:24:44
    sodabox
    Your link says "This video is unavailable." Fail.
  • taitaFalcon23 2012/07/24 13:46:04
    taitaFalcon23
    +1
    It was cut, rearranged and reconstituted to what they wished he actually said. Here is what he actually said:

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet."

This was done by a political process that has 0 integrity... they knew that when they sliced it up and put back the way they wanted, to distort the truth. I think President Obama will lose this reelection but people are rushing toward a formula via Romney+Far-right dominated GOP+Big money they will pay dearly for over the next couple generations.

Already, from the time that GWB took over we have had

-unprecedent debt that this president was not able to overcome, our dollar is too strong against the Euro and slowing down its recovery and therefore our own
    - instead of 'leaving no kid' behind, we have left an entire nation behind by dumbing education down to being 1/3rd of the rest...

- instead of 'leaving no kid' behind, we have left an entire nation behind by dumbing education down to being 1/3rd of the rest of the world
    -our efforts to improve the health of this nation was met by record levels of whining and cringing about having to put down the remotes, french fries and fat-burgers and pick up an apple instead - we're now 37th in the world with management of chronic condition/disease or roughly the same as some backwater, war torn developing nation. Not even as good as the Mexicans we like to look down our noses at.

I will now stand by my original position of taking care of myself and telling the rest of this nation 'Good Luck...'

I have undergone personal attacks for my service to my country, called a liar when I produced proof that I have a capitlist based small business. I have tried mightily to listen to the opinions of others and called horrible names for it and I came to the conclusion that we are so far removed from the framer's original intent, that it no longer matters.

I've been called a libotard, a progressive as if being open to new ideas is a bad thing. I've been called a communist, socialist and worse. Fine, I will not be baited again, I will come to understand that believing in 'free speech' is not truly meant by anybody who does not want to hear something that is differnt from their own opinions. When I leave this site - which will be soon, that thing I'll most probably most see is some idiot talking about something they have no clue what they're talking about; more gnashing of teeth as they meet with more disappointment that the've been lied to and get more scared as they realize just how boneheaded they were

I've got 'mine'. I have my military record as a retiree, I have my healthcare that is better than most any other for life; I have a small biz. I have a pension for the rest of my life, I have a place to live that I owe absolutely no one a single cent to and the material and equipment that depends on no one while others have McMansions to pay for, jobs to lose and stock portfolios being robbed by law-proof elitists. And I'm only 54 yrs old... I let go of the possibility that I would be a millionaire in a game that was rigged from the beginning.

I have 3 great kids and 5 grandchildren - making their way in a world that is not as good as the one I had, but my generation screwed royally from monday to sunday.... They're seeing the same one that put their dad in the 1% who showed up when their country called and the other sick, lame and lazy, defensively lashing out at the sad spectacle of their own lives, yet proclaiming themselves to be 'patriots'. We've got the misguided non-committed to civil liberties screaming for me to give up my guns and the rabid cowards proclaiming that they have a right to shoot anyone they can 'entice' into becoming a 'threat' to prove a point even they aren't sure of. I have a few strands of gray now but I am in the best shape of my life in a world of youth obsessed oportunists exploiting the fear of the clock.

We got women saying they know what's best for their bodies and then want us all to undertand they reserve the right to abort the lives of the defenseless and spending the child's now unnecessary monies on boob jobs and cheap wanna-be haircuts that imitate millionaire celebrities who couldn't give a d*mn

I have nothing further to do nor prove but watch people scurry around like the stress-out, insane rats they've become
  • Gordy 2012/07/22 12:46:17
    Gordy
    +2
    Hell no! watch the Whole rant it is worse.
  • frank 2012/07/21 18:28:27
    frank
    No, he said that you need the government to help you; you can't do it on your own.
  • Silvershadows 2012/07/21 05:04:47
    Silvershadows
    Must not have been using his teleprompter-----that's why his backers would rather he used it! He said exactly what he believes. Proves exactly what he is and believes. He is a true Marxist.
    Nope
  • sodabox Jackie ... 2012/07/26 18:36:52
    sodabox
    Isn't Romney agreeing with Obama here?

• Jackie ... sodabox 2012/07/26 19:38:58
    nope
  • sodabox Jackie ... 2012/07/29 17:25:48
    sodabox
    How is he not agreeing with him. Did the business owner build the entire town that shops at their store?
  • Muriel 2012/07/20 23:24:03
    Muriel
    Came out loud and very clear.
  • sick'n'tired PWCM 2012/07/20 22:40:50
    sick'n'tired PWCM
    Trying to cover it is laughable. Out of context is the only spin you can use, and it is so lame.
  • sodabox sick'n'... 2012/07/26 18:37:09
    sodabox
    Isn't Romney agreeing with Obama here?

• No
    One of Y'shua's,דָּנִיֵּאל
    We know his mentors and their IDEOLOGIES and MANTRAS and PROPAGANDA, it is all based on MARXISM and LENINISTIC MARXISM....
  • Saye Saye 2012/07/20 19:45:11
    Saye Saye
    classic o-stupid. Wonder who built him his nobel?
  • BobbyOdd 2012/07/20 19:41:05
    BobbyOdd
    I listened to everything he said. He said what he truly feels.
    +1
    Not at all, Obama is anti-business, anti-success.
  • sammanilla 2012/07/20 17:27:35
    sammanilla
    +2
    If you actually heard the speech you'd know that conservatives did not take it out of context.

heard speech conservatives context
  • sodabox sammanilla 2012/07/26 18:37:30
    sodabox
    Isn't Romney agreeing with Obama here?

• sammanilla sodabox 2012/07/26 22:29:51
    sammanilla
    Nope.
  • sodabox sammanilla 2012/07/29 17:26:30
    sodabox
    So Amazon built the internet? Sears built the town that shops at their store?
  • sammanilla sodabox 2012/07/29 21:20:36
    sammanilla
    Just vote for Romney

vote romney
  • sodabox sammanilla 2012/08/31 04:43:41
    sodabox
    Romney created jobs? When? Where? How? Never seen that! XD
  • sammanilla sodabox 2012/08/31 15:25:40
    sammanilla
    He created thousands of jobs.
  • sodabox sammanilla 2012/08/31 15:35:18
    sodabox
    You said that already. Where are these jobs? Why doesn't he ever talk about them?

Looks like Obama has done very well:
    Romney created jobs
  • missfit 2012/07/20 16:11:17
    missfit
    +3
    It is disheartening to realize how many people really believe the BS Fox puts out there as news. They took a very sensible statement (one which Romney himself has even made) and turned it upside down and sideways. Of course all successful people have had some help along the way. This does not take away from their accomplishment. It is just stating facts. We all do better when we help each other along the way. What is wrong with that?
  • ID51 2012/07/20 13:45:02
    ID51
    +1
    Obama's a socialist who wants those who made good decisions and worked hard to foot the bill for those who didn't. He meant what he said, and he's full of crap.
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2012/07/20 13:39:57
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +2
    There is nothing out of context...Obama poorly worded what he said. It's not a matter of context at all, unlike the majority of out of context crap the LW/Dems/Progs say about Republican/Conservative speakers...they have to interpret/infer "outrage" from those speaches....
  • sodabox Bob, th... 2012/07/26 18:37:40
    sodabox
    Isn't Romney agreeing with Obama here?

• Bob, th... sodabox 2012/07/26 21:18:47 (edited)
    Bob, the reasonable one
    Listen carefully to what Romney said...yes infrastructure is very important and taxpayers pay for that...Obama was being critical of entrepeneurs, business people, he said specifically "You didn't build that!", Obama believes that govt. is necessary to build businesses, govt. can pick winners (despite much evidence to the contrary, green jobs anyone?)
  • sodabox Bob, th... 2012/07/29 17:27:38
    sodabox
    No, listen to what Obama is saying and it is clear that he is saying that business people didn't build the infrastructure - the same thing YOU are saying that Romney said.
  • Bob, th... sodabox 2012/07/29 19:49:27
    Bob, the reasonable one
    these businesses and individual people pay taxes already to support infrastructure..Obama in his first speech before he walked it back, implied, said, gave the impression that businessess didn't....they needed to be taxed more because they didn't build that....
  • ģhøṡτ øώl 2012/07/20 13:18:36
    ģhøṡτ øώl
    +1
    HELL NO. This was a talk about SMALL BUSINESS not Big corporations. It is HILARIOUS to me how much overtime they have to work to cover up what comes out of this guy's mouth. Work, work little sheep! Oh no! Your fingers and eyes are bleeding!
  • Seonag 2012/07/20 12:52:41
    Seonag
    +3
    The whole speech is much worse! Watch it here: http://www.wavy.com/dpp/onpol...
  • wildcat 2012/07/20 12:43:36
    wildcat
    +1
    The right needs to learn about pronouns and their antecedents.

2014/07/24 21:42:09