Yet another bunch of atheists who are OBSESSED with religion!

RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/04 21:14:57
http://news.yahoo.com/atheist-students-encourage-christians-e...

Atheists have ramped up their efforts to gain greater respect and prominence in American society. While there are some non-believing organizations and groups that seek to have respectful debates with religious peoples, there are others that simply seek to poke fun at and incite the faith community.

Take for instance the Atheist Agenda, a student group at the University of Texas at San Antonio. The group setup a table on campus and promised to offer an exchange to anyone interested: Hand in a Bible or religious text and receive a pornographic magazine. They dubbed the event "Smut for Smut," in an apparent effort to frame the Bible as a book with comparable connotations to pornography.
The whole story:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's hard not to conclude that atheists are absolutely obsessed with religion. One would imagine that they'd be happy to simply believe what they want, and leave well enough alone. But here is yet another case of atheists clearly feeling the need to "convert" people of faith over to their way of thinking.

It's as if that deep down inside, they're deathly afraid they're wrong, and are fearful of roasting in Hell for all eternity. And so they demonstrate a need, as did the atheists in this story, to drag others down with them, proving the old adage that "misery loves company!"

Read More: http://news.yahoo.com/atheist-students-encourage-c...

• The Gov-Here to help BN362 2012/04/04 21:17:17 (edited)
    The Gov-Here to help BN362
    +16
    I don't have a problem with Atheists, just the ones who are trying to destroy God for everyone else.. But then again.. those people are just fascists anyway.. what more could you expect.

• Tony Merry 2012/04/27 00:29:59
    Tony
    I debate and argue, who the hell am I to tell someone they are going to hell. Its stupid.
  • SK-pro impeachment 2012/04/04 23:04:36 (edited)
    SK-pro impeachment
    +2
    The devil makes them do it. =}
  • Chanch 2012/04/04 23:00:48
    Chanch
    +4
    If I say anything about the black.....I'm racist. If I say anything about you being fat...... I'm prejudice. If I say anything about Obama..... I'm anti-American. If I say anything about the Homosexual.....I'm homophobic. But an athiest can say or do anything he wants to or about a christian, including burning churches, and get away with it. Even have laws passed to oppress my faith and beliefs. Does this sound a little one sided ?? I think it is about time that the Christian does something to stand for his/her faith. The homosexual can get laws that are passed specificly for them and MAKE us accept them or be prosecuted for a hate crime. " All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing".
  • CuppieC... Chanch 2012/04/04 23:40:00
    CuppieCakes18
    +1
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Now, I do believe some hypocritical Christians should tone it down and not shove their beliefs in others' faces. But, non Christians should also do the same. To each their own. Do no harm to others, and vice versa. :)
  • Herb 2012/04/04 22:56:33
    Herb
    +3
    they don't repsect that relligion is a majority of this country and they want the minority to win sorry doesn't work that way.
  • socokid 2012/04/04 22:52:57
    socokid
    +3
    LOL

I personally would not let my child read the Bible until around that age anyway. Some portions are absolutely horrific. NC-17 at least.
    +2
    I am continually amazed by the barrage from atheists - I do not care that they do not believe and have no idea why they care so much that I do. Makes no sense to me
  • ☆ Queen... Jackie ... 2012/04/05 01:29:52
    ☆ QueenAline
    +2
    i agree....aren't they free to not believe? But they can't leave it alone...
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/04/04 22:47:46
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +4
    lol.....I like that! ............atheists who are OBSESSED with religion!

I always thought that atheism was a personal choice and something that you just lived with. I didn't realize that religion bugged them so much that they have to malign religions and those who believe in them.

I consider myself an agnostic and I have great respect for those who believe in God!!
  • CuppieC... Louisa ... 2012/04/04 23:41:58
    CuppieCakes18
    +2
    Thank you for your comment. I am Christian and my boyfriend is agnostic. More people need to have the same mentality as you and we do. :)
  • Neon Se... Louisa ... 2012/04/04 23:56:47
    Neon Secrets
    +1
    That is an over generalization. It is not a matter of bugged, it is a matter of logic and frustration. Someone told me I cannot breathe without god, but I have lungs for that, like come on. I mean of course there are going to be people who religion will annoy them but that is because the way people come across to them. I mean religion doesn't make me angry, the people do.

I also do not believe the faith in god is grounds for respect. It is the person themselves and how they carry themselves, not what their faith it.
  • Louisa ... Neon Se... 2012/04/05 00:40:29
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    Well, I don't preach to anyone and neither do I criticize believers or non-believers. However, I really despise atheists who taunt Christians by ridiculing them for believing in 'fairy tales'.

I may be an agnostic, but I believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus!!
  • darlene 2012/04/04 22:46:38
    darlene
    +7
    For people who don't believe in God Atheists are extremely intimidated by God and his followers. atheists non believers
  • Cliff 2012/04/04 22:34:27
    Cliff
    +2
    There was a movie in the 60's called The Hustler. The script had lines in it easily adapted to this post:

Being an atheist with lots of people to agree with you, is the best excuse in the world for being a loser. Being a believer is being a winner. That is not an easy load to carry and you can drop that load if you have an excuse. All you gotta do is learn to feel sorry for yourself. One of the best indoor sports, feeling sorry for yourself. A sport enjoyed by all, especially the born losers.
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/04/04 22:14:02
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +4
    Give it time. When Sharia Law becomes the law of the land, they WON'T have the option of denying a higher Deity. Either convert, pay a fine or swing from the nearest light pole.

Atheists are infused with cowardice and self-doubt.

At least stand for something, anything, and quit looking to others to validate your claims.
  • CHUCK 2012/04/04 22:08:14
  • jr 2012/04/04 22:00:16
    jr
    +6
    It appears atheist are trying to push their beliefs on others. Kind of hypocritical of them isn't it?
  • wiskkers 2012/04/04 21:53:16
  • ruthannhausman 2012/04/04 21:51:42
    ruthannhausman
    +3
    Appropriately, I'd say "to hell with them." Hah! I've had a couple atheist friends who actually bordered on agnostic. You know, the ones that say, "I don't believe in God, I believe in Nature." And they assign characteristics to Nature very similar to many people's interpretations of God. Oh, but religion is such a broad, complicated subject.

The Atheist Agenda you cite are basically thugs. Thugs lacking moral character of any nature. I prefer to simply ignore jerks like that as they are only interested in getting in your face and giving themselves some kind of feelings of superiority through bullying. They have not yet come face to face with Faith, but they will eventually. Meanwhile, let them make asses out of themselves all they want.

I still smile and say hello, will hold the door open for them to walk through -- you know, treat them with respect and hope one day they wake up and learn how to behave. I don't care if they are atheists, that's their business. My job, as instructed by God Himself, is not to judge, period. He will judge them. My job is to treat them with respect and retain my own honor. I don't have to marry them or have them over to dinner with my family, but I have to remain civil and offer assistance when needed. If they spit in my face...

I still smile and say hello, will hold the door open for them to walk through -- you know, treat them with respect and hope one day they wake up and learn how to behave. I don't care if they are atheists, that's their business. My job, as instructed by God Himself, is not to judge, period. He will judge them. My job is to treat them with respect and retain my own honor. I don't have to marry them or have them over to dinner with my family, but I have to remain civil and offer assistance when needed. If they spit in my face, then I turn around and walk away from them. Silently. Knowing they're gonna have a rude awakening one day. Ahhh, now that's satisfaction.

But you know what? In ye olden days in America, under the Judeo-Christian principles and practices we lived by, we all got along quite nicely, even atheists. It wasn't until people like the ACLU and Political Correctness entered the picture. Mary Madeline O'Hare and her clan rose to the fore and behaved outrageously. That is when things pretty much started going to pot -- literally.

As for the "smut for smut" program? Not all atheists are as rotten as this group. I feel sorry for them not to have God in their lives, but that is for them to work out. I can try to teach by example, but beyond that, count me out.
  • RJ~PWCM... ruthann... 2012/04/05 02:03:16
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    Well said!
  • ruthann... RJ~PWCM... 2012/04/05 18:42:13
    ruthannhausman
    +1
    [Curtsy] Thank you, kind sir.
  • RJ~PWCM... ruthann... 2012/04/05 20:35:33
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    YW!
  • Melizmatic 2012/04/04 21:42:56
    Melizmatic
    +5
    Funny, you seem rather fixated on atheists, while we're on the topic of obsession.

live and let live

Just sayin'.
  • RJ~PWCM... Melizmatic 2012/04/05 02:03:59
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    Thanks for your valuable input!
  • Melizmatic RJ~PWCM... 2012/04/05 02:24:10
    Melizmatic
    +1
    No problem; any time!

*lmao
  • Latti I... Melizmatic 2012/04/05 02:49:49
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2012/04/04 21:42:41
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +4
    Compared to 1500 years of Christian oppression against irreligious people, this is nothing.
  • templer003 2012/04/04 21:33:40
    templer003
    +7
    I had a friend who was a atheists, we were putting on new roof one day, the hammer hit his thumb hard, guess who he called on ???
    I told him that since he doesn't believe he shouldn't call on God to help him....sigh... that was the end of our friendship..
  • "Shoote... templer003 2012/04/04 21:35:22
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +4
    lmao!!
  • Will Ad... templer003 2012/04/04 21:44:12
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +3
    That's funny!!
  • Melizmatic templer003 2012/04/04 21:44:34
    Melizmatic
    +4
    Sounds like he wasnt very much of a friend, anyway; if that's all it took to dissolve the relationship.
  • templer003 Melizmatic 2012/04/05 01:12:38
    templer003
    +1
    lets just say that he is thin skined and can't take a joke :)
  • Melizmatic templer003 2012/04/05 01:17:49
    Melizmatic
    +2
    Still doesnt sound like a worthewhile friend to me.

*shrugs
  • 9th of 9 templer003 2012/04/04 22:07:28
    9th of 9
    +2
    I've put many a roof on in my time.... and friends have helped... trust me it was just his way of getting out of that hard ass work, lol!
  • templer003 9th of 9 2012/04/05 01:12:11
    templer003
    +2
    lol ya prob. right
  • Chef Bunyan 2012/04/04 21:33:15
    Chef Bunyan
    +5
    They ARE wrong!! Jesus Christ is the LIVING GOD!! That's why they are so screwed up! We can go to the bible for answers to EVERY question!
  • Kaimeso Chef Bu... 2012/04/04 21:38:25
    Kaimeso
    +3
    I'm looking for the fuel formula used in the Saturn 5 rockets that sent men to the moon,.. Can you point me to the page for that?
  • Chef Bu... Kaimeso 2012/04/04 21:44:12
    Chef Bunyan
    +3
    EVERY knee will bow and EVERY tongue will confess that JESUS CHRIST IS LORD! I'm not gonna argue with an unbeliever! Know this, Jesus Christ is coming SOON to judge the living and the dead. Do you really want to rely on your atheism to keep you from being cast into the lake of fire on the day of judgement!?
  • Kaimeso Chef Bu... 2012/04/04 21:49:33 (edited)
    Kaimeso
    +2
    So I'm guessing that whole "We can go to the bible for answers to EVERY question!" isn't quite going to answer everything,...

But hey, you said it, not me. I just asked a question,...
  • Prairie... Kaimeso 2012/04/04 22:08:14 (edited)
    Prairie Wind
    +1
    Depending upon the vehicle stages:

Yes, I was there.

Propellant:

1. Stage 1 LOX/RP=1
    2. Stage 2 LOX/LH2
    3. Stage 3 LOX/LH2

Specific Impulse:

1. Stage 1 - 265s sl / 304s vac
    2. Stage 2 - 424s vacuum
    3. Stage 3 - 424s vacuum

Source: http://www.braeunig.us/space/...
    http://www.nasm.si.edu/exhibi...

Now, if you really want to learn about aerospace and experience an Orbiter Space Flight Simulator, which does include a Saturn V launch vehicle, this is an "open source", free, realistic, 3dimensional real-time space flight simulator program and includes the International Space Station. You'll want a "joy" flight stick and you'd better read the instructions. This as real as you're going to get. http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

flight stick read instructions real httporbit medphys ucl ac uk

This is an example of the same program with Saturn V lauch at T+4:00 min

2014/09/19 15:56:37