Yes We Kill: Do you support America's foreign policy?

Fef 2012/05/07 16:41:37
America continued many of the policies of President George W Bush during President Barack H Obama's presidency despite Obama's promise of "Change". Obama promised to close Gitmo, take our troops out of Iraq and get Islamic nations to love America again (well, as much as they could).

Obama failed on all those accounts, and for that reasons I support some of America's foreign policies. Overall, however, I mostly disagree with America's foreign policy. Yes We Can do a lot better.

I support Obama using Predator Drones to kill enemies in foreign countries. However, I don't think Obama should continue using the Navy SEALs to spike the football as political ammunition.

I support Obama keeping Guantanamo Bay open to keep America safe from enemy combatants. However, I don't approve of Obama giving civil criminal trials to terrorists in New York City.

I support Obama giving billions of dollars in military aid to Israel. However, I don't like Obama criticizing Israel more than any other country.

I support Obama keeping troops in Iraq. However, I don't like Obama keeping so many troops in Afghanistan in nation-building efforts.

I support Obama building up our military against Iran in the Strait of Hormuz. However, I don't Obama's cowardice to seriously confront Iran may lead to a war.

I support Obama overthrowing regimes hostile to America and human rights in the Mid East. However, I think Obama failed to capitalize on the vacuum created and allowed even more radical Jihadists like the Muslim Brotherhood to take power.

I support Obama's criticism of North Korea for testing nuclear-capable ballistic missiles. I don't think Obama has done enough to stop North Korea's race to nuclearize itself and our enemies.
testing nuclear-capable ballistic missiles obama north koreas race nuclearize enemies

• Mr. T 2012/05/07 16:50:38
    Mostly DISAGREE with America's foreign policy
    Mr. T
    +9
    America has GOT to stop trying to be "World Cop" and paying our enemies to be our "friends".

• SoCal71 2012/05/09 19:14:19
    SoCal71
    I agree with Ron Paul on this issue. Enough said there.

It doesn't matter if Obama is more like Bush or Clinton. He choose to divide our nation when he could have brought it together. He is in a class all by himself.
  • Michael 2012/05/09 04:05:36
    Mostly SUPPORT America's foreign policy
    Michael
    +1
    i would add that if america does not support a country, we should not give them money, food. or
    aid of any kind.
  • Shark 2012/05/08 15:16:08 (edited)
    Shark
    +1
    The US bribes 150 countries out of 158.

What is the gain of those bribes: Nothing, they hate US.

What is the threat to not paying the bribes: They Hate US.

hmmmmmmmm

Sounds like we need to CHANGE the political landscape to people that believe in America and understand that the lives they are leading and treading upon are paid one cent at a time by the working Americans.

The same working Americans that are the hardest working people on the planet: shortest vacations, longest hours.

With the modern age of communication, gone are the days of needing to pay bribes and back door deals. It all needs to stop. I have traveled this planet and rest assured these countries are laughing at US for the foolish money being tossed in they laps.
    I fought for this country, I held my dying comrades in my arms for this country and I would do it again today.
    But all be damned if I would support the Liberal notion that we in the US are the root cause of all the worlds ills and must pay to be spit upon. The UN can kiss not arse.
  • vdehl 2012/05/08 08:28:35
    Mostly SUPPORT America's foreign policy
    vdehl
    +2
    Foreign policy is a topic that I tend to avoid. I have two very opinionated men in my past and many a dinner were spoiled with such discussions. As an American, I support America's Foreign Policy. One can't help but feel sadness thinking about... I'm old enough to remember when everyone thought that being "An American Citizen" offered guarantees as no other citizenship. One could travel the world safely. Americans would not be hurt. And now one can get killed by illegal immigrants during a short trip to the supermarket for a carton of milk.. You could be walking out of the local Publix, and feel an extreme exhaustion as if you were about to pass out. Your knees could start buckling... You could hear the wailing sirens of the paramedics ambulance and if you are not able to leave the area immediately, you could get suckered into the nefarious magnetic field and on the way to the hospital. Isn't it great to be An American? Foreign policy? What about all the scum that lives right next door to you and lives to look up yours? surveillance
  • Shark vdehl 2012/05/08 15:28:43
    Shark
    The foreign policy is what has brought the scum to the US.
    If our politicians had a sense of pride in this country they would carefully monitor our borders and all those that enter, just like every other country.
    Instead the Liberal Left has paved the way to our destruction with the notion that all are free to be here and how dare we interfere with 100 million innocent persons that are intent on free medical, free schooling, rent subsidies, food stamps, housing assistance and generally don't have to fallow the same rules as the rest of Americans. They preach that it is OUR fault that we work so hard to pay so much to allow the counties they come from to be so bad.
    We have sat by and watched our scholastic levels drop exactly equal and proportionate to the illegal immigrants that occupy the seats in the classroom. The media glosses over the fact that this is true and blames the teachers. Well the teachers Unions are bad, sure, the teachers are surrounds by loafers, sure. But yet again the Liberal Left says they are OK with this, the unions and on and on... These are local things affected by our foreign policy.
    Foreign policy starts at home.
  • Kalayaan 001 2012/05/08 05:34:41
    Kalayaan 001
    +2
    The life of the troops is precious. Why should they be thrown to harm's way at every conflict imaginable?
  • Gunner Kalayaa... 2012/05/08 12:30:17
    Gunner
    +2
    Because that's what we volunteer to do. We are not being "thrown" anywhere we aren't willing to go. We are prepared to give our lives fighting for something great.
  • sockpuppet 2012/05/08 05:25:14
    Mostly SUPPORT America's foreign policy
    sockpuppet
    I agree with you on almost every one of these points, only I'd like to see us out of Iraq and Afghanistan... no more lives, no more money. And those 'Arab Spring' vacuums will prove to be a major pain in the ass. These people can't bring the radicals to power fast enough to suit them.

Nice article here, Fef.
  • aherbert 2012/05/08 01:16:08
    Mostly SUPPORT America's foreign policy
    aherbert
    http://i313.photobucket.com/a...

I now support the policies … President Obama have to clean the big old Republican Party mess they got the country into … the President is administering to the problem properly. Republicans always start war and Democrats ends the war…
  • aherbert 2012/05/08 01:15:18
    aherbert
    http://i313.photobucket.com/a...

• Odinsown 2012/05/08 00:09:40
    Odinsown
    +2
    Americas foreign policy needs to be stripped bacck to defensive actions only unless a state of war is declared by congress.
  • jeane 2012/05/07 23:10:49
    jeane
    +2
    We have a foreign policy now? WOW!
  • S and S 2012/05/07 23:01:10
  • TerryAgee 2012/05/07 21:59:01
    TerryAgee
    +1
    It is not our job to spread democracy around the world. Yay or nay?
  • Gunner TerryAgee 2012/05/08 12:35:05
    Gunner
    We are simply willing to fight anywhere in the world to protect our Nation and our National interests. We aren't fighting to "spread democracy. I'd bet my left testicle that if you asked any Warrior if he or she fought to spread democracy, to a man or woman he/she would reply "hell no!"
  • TerryAgee Gunner 2012/05/08 13:07:13
    TerryAgee
    Well as I Vet that was what I wanted to do. I can protect my own interests. However, I do see your point.
  • Striker 2012/05/07 21:22:00
    Striker
    +2
    We can pretty well "Look out for Number One" by leaving our neighbors alone and continuing our preparedness for self-defense. Keep our troops at home and our money in our own pockets.
  • Næthan Æterna 2012/05/07 20:55:27
    Næthan Æterna
    +2
    Almost entirely disagree with America's foreign policy if not entirely. We are not supposed to be nor permitted to be the policemen of the world! Look at what's become of us sticking our noses into other sovereign countries' businesses has gotten us? Way in debt in wars that have no end in sight (victory, I mean) against a faceless enemy known as "terror" to promote Democracy in foreign lands.

No, sir, I don't like it.

• Jayfeather 2012/05/07 19:55:20
    Jayfeather
    I'm all for isolationism until we get back onto our feet.
  • kcoat 2012/05/07 19:42:01
  • 9th of 9 2012/05/07 19:15:42
    9th of 9
    +4
    Bring our troops home ASAP.
  • sockpuppet 9th of 9 2012/05/08 05:27:05
    sockpuppet
    +1
    That's the biggie, right there... bring them home NOW, not after the election!
  • Space Invader 2012/05/07 18:54:39
    Space Invader
    +2
    I want 'em all nuked into the Stone Age..a dead enemy is a great enemy nuclear cloud
  • Striker Space I... 2012/05/07 21:09:39
    Striker
    +1
    I'd really rather the nukes stay at rest. If a couple of Rulers take to flinging those things around, are humans really ready to become extinct? Oh well, they seem to be doing it to themselves anyway.
  • Space I... Striker 2012/05/07 22:35:52
    Space Invader
    +1
    Only for certain Mt Ranges; if you catch my drift...
  • Striker Space I... 2012/05/08 02:28:26
    Striker
    +1
    I do catch the drift, but the stuff has this bad habit of spreading and may take 40,000 years to dissipate. Let's find some other way if we must!
  • sockpuppet Space I... 2012/05/08 05:27:36
    sockpuppet
    +1
    I'm okay with this. :O)
  • LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH 2012/05/07 18:29:16
    Mostly SUPPORT America's foreign policy
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +2
    I CLICKED WRONG! I MOSTLY DISAGREE with AMERICA's FOREIGN POLICY!

OBAMA IS BUYING TERRORISTS FRIENDSHIP! ABANDONS ALLIES!
  • mustangluver 2012/05/07 18:14:07
    mustangluver
    +3
    I believe in self defense only! It's time to leave them to fend for themselves..we need to stay out of foreign affairs! All attention should be put on protecting us!!!
  • Met 2012/05/07 18:13:56
    Mostly SUPPORT America's foreign policy
    Met
    Yep. if you plot to kill American citizens, and we find out, we'll kill you first.

better than sending them to military commission to make a mockery out of our justice system.

I understand conservatives are upset, because they have traditionally been the party of tough foreign policy, and now Obama has come up with something that is more efficient (we get the people we want without leaving 1million Iraqi citizens dead in the process) and more effective (killed or captured more terrorists in 3 and a half years than bush did in 8)

But honestly, time for you guys to grow up and love America again.
  • Met Met 2012/05/07 18:15:09
    Met
    Someone tell that moron the rock that Reagan sanctioned more black opps operations around the world than anyone else at the time.

Fcking idiot.
  • Space I... Met 2012/05/08 15:10:42
    Space Invader
    we will; when the Muslim named man in the American White House leaves...
  • Met Space I... 2012/05/08 15:17:31
  • Space I... Met 2012/05/08 16:59:12
    Space Invader
    not what I said..; when the Muslim named man in the American White House leaves;

He's stinking up the place...
  • Met Space I... 2012/05/08 17:05:40
    Met
    Too bad you guys can't pick a candidate that has a snowball's chance in hell of wining.

guys candidate snowballs chance wining
  • Met Space I... 2012/05/08 17:06:24
    Met
    If you say he's not your president, i say you're not American.
  • Space I... Met 2012/05/08 17:14:57
    Space Invader
    he's not an American..so; he's not even yours..so; he's stinking up the place...

At least I can prove it...I was born here...
  • Mostly DISAGREE with America's foreign policy
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +4
    No not at all! How can we keep troops about 150 nations with a 16 trillion national debt..We can no longer Police The World with that kind of debt..Get the troops out of Europe..We absolutely meddle too much! We need a Reagan" Peace Through Strength" reagan peace through strength
  • Næthan ... ☆The Ro... 2012/05/07 20:59:48
    Næthan Æterna
    +2
    Let's flaunt our strength on our home turf for a while.
  • Space I... Næthan ... 2012/05/08 16:59:36
    Space Invader
    AMEN!!!!

2014/04/18 10:47:32