WSJ CHIEF ECONOMIST: 75% OF OBAMACARE COSTS WILL FALL ON BACKS OF THOSE MAKING LESS THAN $120K A YEAR. What About You?

jt 2012/07/01 16:52:50
Related Topics: Obamacare, 2012

• Anonymouse ~superdoge~ 2012/07/01 16:58:25
    Obamacare won't affect me at all...
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +8
    I don't live in America. but every piece of government regulation impacts most on the poor and middle classes, that's what liberals don't understand...

• Kane Fernau 2012/07/01 21:52:56
    Obamacare will affect me for sure...
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    All the great countries have socialized medicine, we are now just like Cuba.
  • miller51550 2012/07/01 19:38:47
    Obamacare will affect me for sure...
    miller51550
    +3
    At some time THIS CRAP will rain down on EVERY SINGLE WORKING AMERICAN.

The lazy will reap the benefits of those working for a living. All immigrants legal and illegal will be getting a free ride as soon as they step onto US Soil.

The middle class will be no more as is planned by OBAMA AND HIS DEM LEMMINGS.
  • mwg0735 2012/07/01 18:56:01
  • Skeptikat 2012/07/01 18:55:37
  • Maria R Skeptikat 2012/07/01 23:37:18
    Maria R
    +1
    Until your company decides to dump your medical insurance for the cheap penalty and then you can buy through the system
  • Skeptikat Maria R 2012/07/02 08:46:36
  • Maria R Skeptikat 2012/07/07 02:34:23
    Maria R
    And you believe government healthcare will be different.....? For you, I hope so.
  • Skeptikat Maria R 2012/07/07 02:37:48
  • Maria R Skeptikat 2012/07/07 02:52:12
  • Skeptikat Maria R 2012/07/07 03:31:31
  • sbtbill 2012/07/01 18:16:56
    Obamacare will affect me for sure...
    sbtbill
    +2
    It already has. My kids can stay on family insurance to 26. The doughnut hole is closing. Free checkups of types. Lots of good things.
  • Don Leuty 2012/07/01 18:13:28
    Obamacare will affect me for sure...
    Don Leuty
    +5
    The more things change, the more they remain the same. Do the math. There aren't enough rich to shoulder the load. There are many times more bodies in the middle class. Besides, if the rich get fed up on being taxed, they are far mobile. They can move to another country and negotiate a great tax deal.
  • Skeptikat Don Leuty 2012/07/02 08:48:56
  • Don Leuty Skeptikat 2012/07/02 19:24:01
    Don Leuty
    Reality check.. The top 5% of earners shoulder 70% of the tax burden. They also provide the jobs for the rest of the taxpayers.
  • Skeptikat Don Leuty 2012/07/02 19:36:54
  • Don Leuty Skeptikat 2012/07/03 06:38:53
    Don Leuty
    How did you know I like fruit salad?

FYI Payroll taxes Include employer contributions to FICA and Medicare, all of which took a bump with 0bamacare. There are also employer specific payroll taxes such as FUTA, SUTA, et.al. Upper income brackets also capital gains and dividend income (which is double taxed: once at the corporate level and again at the personal level).

The CBO has proven itself to be a lousy source for reliable data. The 0bamacare scoring numbers are a superb example. With each day that passes, the cost numbers keep rising, while revenues mysteriously dwindle.

The White House Blog???? You really don't want to go there. Data straight from the Liar's Den. Taxes that aren't taxes, unemployment numbers consistently under-reported, then the overlooked when the numbers are revised upward. A credibility gap that makes the Grand Canyon of the Colorado look like a dry creek bed. 0Bwannabe
  • Skeptikat Don Leuty 2012/07/03 11:00:47
  • Don Leuty Skeptikat 2012/07/03 16:52:01
    Don Leuty
    cest l'vive.
  • Ozzyboy 2012/07/01 17:58:09
    Obamacare will affect me for sure...
    Ozzyboy
    +7
    What the hell do people think when insurance is mandated for "everyone" and 48% don't even pay any taxes at all? Who do you think is going to pay those premiums? Of course it will be anyone who gets a paycheck. The people hit hardest will be those bringing in between $50,000 to $120,000 a year. those are the ones who's disposable income is eaten up by taxes, insurances, energy costs, gas, living expenses, giving them disposable incomes of about what, $10,000 to $50,000 a year. There is much more value in being "poor" with all the free health care, housing, food, phones, heating and not working to pay taxes - equal to at least $10,000 to $50,000 without even having to work for it. So, it is understandable when those in welfare lines say, "Why work, when you can get the money free?"
  • marianne Ozzyboy 2012/07/01 18:16:46
    marianne
    +2
    amen to that.....
    the current system penalizes those of us who are in the middle class anyway,
    income stats
  • Skeptikat Ozzyboy 2012/07/02 08:53:31
  • Ozzyboy Skeptikat 2012/07/02 16:00:23
    Ozzyboy
    You are either delusional or brainwashed. There are some of the rich who don't pay taxes, like O's job czar that sent American jobs to China through GE. You do get the irony there don't you? The guy who was supposed to create jobs here in America sent them overseas and created jobs in China. The comes pay czar Feinberg who was supposed to reign in obscene pay bonuses for corporations but when it came time, he let the corporations head guys have their bonuses because he said "shame" was enough punishment for their excessive paychecks. Do you not get it? That leave the entitled community commonly called the "poor" who have twice as much stuff and money that the ones who worked, earned and paid all the bills for themselves and the poor. Personally, I know a baby factory who collects over $9,000.00 in tax money in April and the monthly check all year long. She is a pos and her children do not benefit from the largesse of the taxpayers. O has never made a personal sacrifice and you are just following the mantra of the left. you really need to start learning and thinking for yourself.
    No shovel ready jobs, should have been a big clue to you when billions of our money was spent with no results.
  • Skeptikat Ozzyboy 2012/07/02 16:26:33
  • Ozzyboy Skeptikat 2012/07/02 21:39:48
    Ozzyboy
    Sorry, it should read "that leaves" for the intellectually challenged who couldn't figure it out. I stand by what I wrote because I see the abuse all day, everyday. Store clerks are a great wealth of information on who is buying what and using tax dollars. Did you miss the guy in New England who was trying to buy cigarettes with an EBT cash card? you lack of reality is outstanding! Ignore the czars that make Americans poorer and jobless at your own peril but don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining, to borrow a phrase. Now I await your corrections on the grammar and spelling while you miss the message entirely.
  • Skeptikat Ozzyboy 2012/07/02 23:11:52
  • Ozzyboy Skeptikat 2012/07/02 23:35:14
    Ozzyboy
    There are smokers in the family. A family that works really hard while watching those who don't work benefit with the free health care programs. Now there is speculation that those who don't work should get free vacations in addition to free phones and other entitlement programs. I am intolerant of lazy azzes who feed off the workers and collect free government money for their child's harelip. The harelip was fixed years ago but the parents still collect off the children. The waste, fraud and abuse is what is intolerable. Bleeding hearts like you cause the deaths of innocent people everyday.
  • Skeptikat Ozzyboy 2012/07/03 00:29:32
    Obamacare will affect me for sure...
    +2
    And most of the nation.
  • Mr. T 2012/07/01 17:40:15
    Obamacare will affect me for sure...
    Mr. T
    +5
    Obamacare was formulated by the government long before Obama became president as a complete power grab. Does anyone really think the 2,400 page bill was written by anyone in congress in a matter of months? NONE of them have even read it and NO ONE understands it. Not even the Supreme Court. This was in the making a LONG time ago. besides, I don't think there is anyone in congress smart enough to craft this document.
  • Maria R Mr. T 2012/07/01 23:38:22
    Maria R
    +1
    May God curse them forever.....evil, evil.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/07/01 17:38:53 (edited)
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +4
    WSJ CHIEF ECONOMIST: 75% OF OBAMACARE COSTS WILL FALL ON BACKS OF THOSE MAKING LESS THAN $120K A YEAR. It will affect everyone when the Bankrupcy hits after ObamaCare--- runs out business-- more on un-employment and Greece we are now here with you the same boat !!!! No more Capitalist It will be Socialist !!! May even Communist !!!!!! Vote out Obama save our Country!!!!
  • ed 2012/07/01 17:19:39
    Obamacare won't affect me at all...
    ed
    +1
    it won't affect me at all because I have no intentions of letting it.
  • frank 2012/07/01 17:12:45
    Obamacare will affect me for sure...
    frank
    +6
    Any time that the government gives something free to someone it always cost the middle income families.
  • CA Gal frank 2012/07/01 17:41:53
    CA Gal
    +2
    This takes the "free" from the equation...if people do not obtain health care coverage, they will be assessed a penalty from the IRS, approximately $700 per year. Which is what the right is calling a tax increase. This plan is finally holding people accountable. At my company, there is a 30% share cost for full coverage...50% of employees choose not to partake in the plan. When they become ill, they go to country hospital and the tax payers foot the bill.
  • Jackie ... CA Gal 2012/07/01 17:55:27
    +3
    No, the Supreme Court say it is a tax - and it is because the congress can only levy taxes (and spend of course) It was a tax in the original bill and the wording was changed to get it passed, then the president and his party lied and lied and lied. It is a tax, it was always a tax and it was a purposeful lie and it is our fault for believing them and electing liars. That we can remedy.

In addition there are 19 new taxes in this piece of crap bill that will deeply affect the middle class and lower incomes.
  • CA Gal Jackie ... 2012/07/01 18:39:43
    CA Gal
    +2
    Because the IRS is responsible for collecting the penalty if people FAIL to purchase health care coverage. This is the only reason it is considered a tax. It's a no brainer, if people are irresponsible and do not act they will be penalized. In California, if we do not purchase auto insurance we are not allowed to drive. Our company offers full health care coverage with a 30% share of the cost. For a man in his 40's that cost is $600, his cost $200 per month. 50% of our employees decline the coverage because they don't want to pay. When they become ill, they go to county hospital and the tax payer foots the bill. This is a way to motivate them to do the responsible thing. I am tired of my state taxes paying their bills!!
  • Jackie ... CA Gal 2012/07/01 19:45:45
    +3
    And now you will pay even more in taxes to cover this debacle.

Thomas Sowell
  • CA Gal Jackie ... 2012/07/01 22:44:02
    CA Gal
    +2
    If you look at the FACTS, in the long term it will reduce costs. People on the right are always complaining about the freeloaders and the tax dollars they waste, now that they are being held accountable you're complaining (through Thomas Sowell) that bureaucracy will raise costs. That is the most ridiculous stance I've ever seen anyone on this website take and that's pretty ridiculous. Instead of posting others words, go educate yourself.
  • Jackie ... CA Gal 2012/07/01 22:51:05
    +2
    Umm, Medicare was not every going to be expensive - just a small amount and now????? SS was going to be paid for all by itself with only a small amount of money to get it going and now???

And long term, please show me any government program that has ever cost less. I think you might consider your own advice.
  • CA Gal Jackie ... 2012/07/01 23:02:07
    CA Gal
    +1
    The rate for Medicare has not increased in over 30 years. It is still 1.45% of your gross wages. The actual problem with SS and Medicare is it's given to too many people now and not the US elderly citizens in which is was originally intended. It needs reform but not abolished. Politicians have been playing with SS/MC funds for years. That is not the fault of people like myself that have been working and paying into it for 34 years. You are wrong again!! LMAO

2014/08/22 13:53:30