Would you vote for an athiest presidential candidate?

The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche 2013/01/24 21:55:36
If I felt that he was going to do a good job, their beliefs dont matter.

• Spyro 2013/01/24 22:08:38 (edited)
    Spyro
    +11
    Religion shouldn't even be a factor of politics, it causes too much problems!

westboro

9 11

kkk

nazi

crusades

muslim brother hood

libia attack

bengahzi attack

world without religion world without religion

atheist

• Jrogers 2013/02/06 05:53:03
    Jrogers
    +1
    As long as he is a democrat
  • bb4ever 2013/01/27 21:58:43
    bb4ever
    +1
    If he was right for the job and turn our country around, then I say HELL YA!
  • Red 2013/01/27 11:57:02
  • Bonita Colley 2013/01/26 23:11:50
    Bonita Colley
    +1
    As long as they stood by the Constitution.
  • Joachim 2013/01/26 18:04:10
    Other
    Joachim
    +1
    It would depend on their qualifications
  • Susana 2013/01/25 22:44:29 (edited)
    Susana
    +1
    The atheist that accuses God of not existing cannot be trusted to see reality in anything else.

I will probably get attacked here.................but I have the right to express my thoughts.

The root meaning of the word truth is reality.

Jesus said he is the Truth, which means he is REALITY.

The Bible does not try to prove the existence of God...it is understood there is a God.

Lastly for a few God deniers to accuse sane intelligent people, which number in the billions, of being delusional for believing in God, is absurd.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/29 21:04:21
    elijahin24
    You have the right to you opinion, but I have the right to question that opinion. You also have the right not to answer me, but I hope you will.
    It cannot be "understood that there is a God" if there is no evidence that there is a god. I don't believe God is a delusion. I just think he is a legend, who probably never existed; but whose story has spread so far and wide, under the threat of eternal torture for those who do not believe; that many have been scared into believing. I could be wrong, and I would admit it if I was; but the burden of proof lies on the shoulders of those who say that there IS a god. It is an extraordinary claim. It requires evidence, for a free-thinking person to believe.
    That having been said, if a candidate does not believe in your god, but is not hostile toward those who do, and (s)he is qualified in every way, and supports your side of the issues which matter most; would you still refuse to vote for that person?
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/30 04:30:16 (edited)
    Susana
    The world thinks God.
    The burden of proof does not lie on me to prove you there is a God. I don't need to prove what is obvious.
    You are out ranked and out numbered. Atheism is not even a footnote in the history of the world.
    I do not take atheists seriously.
    Therefore I would not waste my time trying to prove there is a God to anyone who denies our lovely LORD.
    The heavens declare His glory and the earth is his footstool
    I do hope you get it right.
    Anyone who denies God has nothing in common with me so therefore no I will not vote for that person. If he cannot see what is obvious He cannot see anything else.
    Just because he says he shares my values doesn't mean he does. As Richard Dawkins says the world has no shortage of liars.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/30 12:32:26
    elijahin24
    So if I'm getting this, you're saying that it is a foregone conclusion that there IS a god, and that the burden of proof then lies on nonbelievers? Tell me, do you hold mermaids and unicorns to that standard as well?
    And why only one god? There is as much proof of Zeus and Odin, as there are of Yahweh. The 6-day creation myth has been completely debunked; so has the global flood myth. I'll bet you still believe in both of these, despite the mountain of evidence against it, right? And I'M the one who is silly?
    There was a time when the majority of the world believed that it was flat. There was a time when the majority of the world thought that a god literally held the earth on his back. There was even a time when people thought Keanu Reeves was a good actor. Those days are behind us. There will probably never be a time when there are no believers, and that's ok. But there will be a time when the majority doesn't believe. I hope it happens in my lifetime. Then we won't need to be a footnote, will we?
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/30 12:48:24 (edited)
    Susana
    I told you I do not take atheists seriously.
    You have no argument and you have no history
    you have no no documents.
    Theism Rules the world and always has,
    and always will.
    And the reason we rule the world
    is because God is with us.
    We don't build churches and cathedrals to worship unicorns.
    as I said the world thinks God and you will never change that.
    And Keanu Reeves is a good actor.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/30 13:28:01
    elijahin24
    Maybe that's why the world is constantly at war. Maybe that's why there is genocide, starvation, rape, murder, and torture; all of which are condoned, and some of which is evel commanded in the Bible. That's ultimately what religion is: a power grab. As long as people are afraid to question the leadership, for fear of hell; the leadership can do anything they want. But we're on to you. Out country was founded as a secular nation. Most of Europe is now secular. It won't be but a generation or two before free-thinkers make up the majority, at least in the west.
    If you believe Keanu Reeves is a good actor; I suddenly get why you don't bother to question your god.
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/30 22:26:06
    Susana
    I agree with you that our country is founded
    on secular thinking.
    The history of this nation proves that.
    Don't blame God for all the evil. God didn't do it but man without God aka free thinkers did it.
    I understand what is going on in the universe but I don't think you do.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/30 23:06:31
    elijahin24
    Free-thinkers didn't try to exterminate the Native Americans. Free thinkers didn't burn any witches. Free thinkers didn't bomb the Oklahoma City Federal Building. They didn't start any holy wars. They didn't start the Spanish Inquisition or the Crusades. Free thinkers didn't shoot Dr. George Tiller, as he served as an usher in his church. These are all acts of religious fanaticism.
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/31 01:15:58 (edited)
    Susana
    So do you think I approve all this or what?
    Do you think I'm on the side of the person who killed Tiller?
    You can't compare the Apostle Paul with Jim Jones.
    Christians did none of those things insane lunatics did.
    God gave us fire and water but he expects us to to use them wisely.
    There are people who stick their hands in fire and burn themselves and there are people who use fire to cook Great meals.
    Don't blame God for what idiots do.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/31 12:13:25
    elijahin24
    I don't. I blame fanatacism for what they do. But by the same token YOU can't blame free-thinkers for all the evil in the world either. Religion doesn't always lead to fanatacism, but when it does, it is always tragic.
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/31 12:25:16
    Susana
    I do blame free think
    ers for all the evil in the world.
    If people thought like Jesus Christ there would be no evil in the world.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/31 12:40:11
    elijahin24
    I admire the philosophy of Jesus. I don't think he's a deity, but he was a great philosopher. You're right. If more people would live their lives in the way he told them to, this would be a much better world. But the problem is that with the story of Jesus, comes the myth of God. And anytime you have JUST ONE GOD, it creates fanatics. Because anyone who dares to disagree, is not simply a free mind, but rather is a heretic who has blasphemed against God, and he must be put to death. Why can't you God-squadders just keep it simple? Believe what you believe, advocate the behavior that Jesus advocated, and let people believe what they want about the supernatural. Why can't you do that?
    Besides, can you really say that you LOVE God, if you didn't make a free choice to do so? It sounds like you "love" God, the way a slave "loves" his/her master.
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/31 12:54:27
    Susana
    Your not my judge you don't even know me so bite your lip.
    Let you believe what you want?
    I don't care what you believe.
    If God doesn't stop you from being a fool how can I?
    if you want to believe that the moon is made of green cheese I respect your right to do that.
    If you want to believe that You hatched from a dyed purple egg that's your right.
    If you want to believe that fairies dance on the lawn at midnight that's your right.
    If you want to believe that something appeared out of nothing for no apparent reason that's your right.
    Who told you I care what you think I don't care what you think.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/31 13:29:38
    elijahin24
    It isn't that I think you are interested in what I believe. It's that you think that I'm less than you, BECAUSE of what I believe, despite the fact that what I believe is based on evidence, and what you believe is based on a Bronze-Age book of mythology.
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/31 12:32:21
    Susana
    Fanaticism has nothing to do with the existence of God.
    Anton Levay was a fanatic for Satan.
    Ted Bundy was a fanatic for serial killing.
    Paula Dean is a fanatic for cooking.
    some people are fanatics for exercising and dieting celebrity worship.
    if everybody on earth was a fanatic for Jesus Christ teaching there would be no evil in the world
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/31 12:42:39
    elijahin24
    There is a difference between an advocate, and a fanatic. Paula Dean is an advocate for cooking. Fred Phelps is a Fanatic for God. A fanatic is one who can't stand for anyone to think differently than they. A fanatic thinks that anyone who disagrees with them, about the subject of their fanatacism, is ultimately unworthy of life, that they are subhuman.
    To be honest, I think that you are a little fanatical.
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/31 12:58:20 (edited)
    Susana
    According to what you just posted YOU are a bona fide certified registered FANATIC!!!! Lol
    You just perfectly and precisely described yourself....
    You shot yourself in the foot.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/31 13:30:49
    elijahin24
    I didn't actually. I don't need people to believe what I believe. I just want them to stop treating people as sub-human BECAUSE of what they believe. I don't think your beliefs make you a bad person. I think your attitude toward your fellow human beings, does.
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/31 01:17:48
    Susana
    Yes freethinkers did do all those evil things you posted.
    If they had abandoned their own thinking for God's thinking they would not have done any of those things
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/31 12:22:17
    elijahin24
    Do you even know what a free-thinker is? It is a person who has stopped letting people brainwash them, and they've learned to think for themselves. Sometimes they think freely and remain religious. St. Thomas Aquinas and Victor Hugo are two examples of this. Other times they lose faith in God. Thomas Jefferson and Voltaire are two good examples of this. But the one thing that unites free-thinkers of every stripe, is that they value their own right to think freely, and they equally value your right to disagree. We are catagorically opposed to zealotry. The people who did these things were zealots. They were the exact polar opposite of free-thinking.
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/31 13:00:24
    Susana
    Here is a newsflash for you I don't care what you think want need or believe so you have a good day now bye.
    Talking to you is like talking to a child a spoiled little brat who wants to talk about stupid things.
    I have better things to do.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/31 13:32:59
    elijahin24
    You could have cut this off at any time. Talking to you is like talking to a 16 year old, who is one of the "pretty-girls". You think you know everything, and that everyone else is inferior to you. If you wanna go, go. But know that people like you, are why people like me; questioned religion in the first place. People like you were the first step in my road to atheism.
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/02/03 14:26:59
    Susana
    Then you have a very weak mind I have never let anyone influence me leade me or guide me I think for myself.
    My sane thinking knows there is a God
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/02/03 20:42:06
    elijahin24
    I didn't say that anyone influenced my opinion. I'm saying that if it hadn't been for hateful, ignorant, self-righteous people like you; I probably would have never questioned my views in the first place. I think that a lot of people never question their views; and when they do, a large percentage of them reach the same conclusion that I did. So thank you. Even though it was the opposite of what you would have wanted, I assure you that you have helped people to escape the intellectual prison of "faith".
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/02/04 01:00:07
    Susana
    At least I'm not a God denying Ungrateful Selfish Boastfull braggart who thinks that something came from nothing
  • Susana Susana 2013/02/04 01:02:18
    Susana
    Something told me not to talk to you this always happens with atheists they are evil wicked mean hateful
    and worst of all delusional thinking that we evolved from a gobble goo trillions of light years ago.
    Please leave me alone or I will block you
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/02/05 01:10:55
    elijahin24
    If you weren't a hateful, self-righteous fanatic; this conversation would have gone very differently; which you can see if you look at the conversations with MANY other Christians on this site. If you think ALL atheists are impossible to get along with, that means the problem is with YOU; not us.
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/02/05 12:53:38
    Susana
    I know there is a God I love and trust in him so I have no problems.
    We have no mutual ground so there's no way this conversation could have gone any differently.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/02/05 21:26:01
    elijahin24
    We have no mutual ground here, because you blaspheme the name of your god. You use him as a justification to be hateful and self-righteous. If your god was real, and he were just; he would be ashamed of the way you represent him. You are no better than the people of the Westborough Baptist Church.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/02/05 01:09:00
    elijahin24
    Well gosh. You sure told me. You and your imaginary wish-granting sky-daddy can piss off. The world would be a much better place if neither one of you had ever been thought of.
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/30 22:37:07
    Susana
    There is nothing to question God ABOUT.
    I understand why there is evil in the universe.
    Your opinion about Keanu Reeves Is just that an opinion.
    The fact is he is a good actor or he wouldn't be in movies.
    Personally I loved him in A Walk in the Clouds.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/30 23:06:57
    elijahin24
    Of course you did.
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/31 01:28:06
    Susana
    I own the movie and I've seen it many times
  • Susana elijahin24 2013/01/30 22:39:10
    Susana
    Also I do not fear hell.
    I don't fear anything.
    However I do reverence God.
  • elijahin24 Susana 2013/01/30 23:09:15
    elijahin24
    I revere Archbishop Desmond Tutu. I revere President Obama. I revere my Sergeant Major. I revere Stan Musial. I revere Justice Steven Breyer. All of whom are/were real people; and have been proven to be so.

2014/09/02 04:42:14