Would You Vote For A Third Party Candidate For President?

Little Angel 2012/05/08 16:52:00
This sounds like a better way and worth looking into.....
I am voting Democrat because....
I am voting Republican because.....
I belong to the Green Party....
The Green Party Will Have A Forum For Their Presidential Candidates To Speak.

green party forum presidential candidates speak

GP-TV: http://www.livestream.com/greenpartyus

Saturday, May 12 at starting at 7:30pm PDT. SPEAKING IN PERSON

President Candidates: Jill Stein, Roseanne Barr, Kent Mesplay. Talk with

other Greens in our live chat room. Please Email, Post & Tweet this

announcement! Thank you! Starlene & Craig, GP-TV Producers

chat room email post tweet announcement starlene craig gp-tv producers

You may not have heard about the Green Party but they are

serious and will have a legitimate candidate for President this

year. I find the Democrats and Republicans too much alike in

most ways to even have a real choice. It seems like it comes

down to which will do our Country less harm.

Have you thought that it might be time to let another Political

Party have a chance?

• RushSchlafly 2012/05/28 15:58:07
    RushSchlafly
    +7
    I would, I have and I will vote for the Constitution Party.

I would not vote Green Party ever. If you look up parties that have any significant following at the present, they are, right to left, with principal stand or cause,
    1. Constitution Party. Christian Conservative,
    2. Republican Party. Capitalist Conservative.
    3. Libertarian Party. Schizophrenic.
    4. Democratic Party. Liberal.
    5. Green Party. Environmentalist.
    6. Peace and Freedom. Socialist

Seven Principals of the Constitution Party.
    Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
    Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
    Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
    Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
    Constitution: and Bill of Rights interpreted according to the actual intent of the Founding Fathers;
    States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people;
    American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.
    virgil
    3. Libertarian Party. Schizophrenic.
    4. Democratic Party. Liberal.
    5. Green Party. Environmentalist.
    6. Peace and Freedom. Socialist

committed protection borders trade common defense americans entangled foreign alliances

• Waldorf Wake Th... 2012/05/27 15:37:23
    Waldorf
    But Ron Paul is not the answer, unless he somehow wins the nomination. Defeating Obama is the answer, certainly in the near term.

Really, it is not productive at this point to argue about choices other than Romney until after the convention.

I think equating Romney with Obama is B$.
  • Wake Th... Waldorf 2012/05/27 15:41:50
    Wake The Sheeple
    If it wasn't true & provable it would be BS, but it is both which is why I am talking about it. Feel free to try and prove me wrong.
  • Waldorf Wake Th... 2012/05/27 16:14:38
    Waldorf
    You go first, substantiating your claim that it is provable the Romney is the same as Obama.
  • Wake Th... Waldorf 2012/05/27 17:18:20
    Wake The Sheeple
    I have already. Try watching the video that I have been posting in response to you and those like you who have misplaced faith in a Republican liberal.
  • kudabux 2012/05/13 19:14:33
    kudabux
    +1
    I have done so in the past, but this time around, it is Obama, just like four years age.
  • MediaMike 2012/05/13 17:30:09
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/05/11 17:05:29 (edited)
    ✞Knight of Honor
    +2
    Voting 3rd party is a waste of time in a two party system.
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/05/27 03:25:51
    Wake The Sheeple
    +1
    So lets get rid of the "two party" system that is actually a one party system known as the big government party.
  • ✞Knight... Wake Th... 2012/05/27 06:36:07
    ✞Knight of Honor
    The Party of traditional Reagan reforms (Republicans) is very dissimilar than the Party of Atheism and European reforms (Democrats).

I realize that you'll probably give me some kind of crazy conspiracy, but the reality is that the two major political parties are as opposite as our Constitution allows.
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/05/27 14:52:09
    Wake The Sheeple
    ...Perhaps you should read the Constitution again. They are both big centralized government parties, both parties have strayed as far as they can from the Constitution without burning the whole thing down and calling it "Oceania."

Both parties have limited or abolished our Constitutional rights, ie the "Patriot Act", NDAA (Obama signed, Romney supported), the soon to be passed CISPA, & the enforcement of The UN Small Arms Treaty will be next. They don't want us to be able to speak, defend ourselves, have any privacy, have recourse against oppressive government, etc.

• ✞Knight... Wake Th... 2012/05/29 13:55:50
    ✞Knight of Honor
    While I agree that those actions violated the Constitution, they are still rivals with opposite beliefs and policies; it is laughable to say that they are one party. They can't even agree enough to get basic bills through Congress.
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/05/29 14:05:57 (edited)
    Wake The Sheeple
    Simple strategy, if you can divide the American people by encouraging fighting over trivial perceived differences, while the "two parties" sign the same oppressive legislation, both think government is the answer to the economy rather than the culprate, both say they are in the interest of the people but oncr they are in officr show that Wall Street & the Federal Reserve are their real masters, then you can strip them of their birthright of freedom and make them slaves upon the the plantation that we once called the land of the free. Please tell me the BIG differences between them...?
  • ✞Knight... Wake Th... 2012/05/29 14:42:10
    ✞Knight of Honor
    "if you can divide the American people by encouraging fighting over trivial perceived differences"
    -Morals, Economics, Religion, lifestyle, beliefs, and principles are trivial in your opinion?

"Please tell me the BIG differences between them...?"
    -For the most basic explanation:

-Republican- States rights, free market, Christian based morals (Opposing homosexuality, preventing abortion, refusing adult stem cells), and gun rights.

-Democrat- Federalism, regulated market, Atheist based morals (Supporting homosexuality, abortion, harvesting adult stem cells), and banning firearms.
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/05/29 15:07:26
    Wake The Sheeple
    Do the Republicans still stand for free markets and State's rights?... last time I checked the Neocon wing of the party took away states rights. In fact it was A Republican that first took a swing at states rights creating a precedent for Federal encroachment, that man was Lincoln.
  • ✞Knight... Wake Th... 2012/05/29 16:56:01
    ✞Knight of Honor
    "Do the Republicans still stand for free markets and State's rights?"
    -Yes. They are more moderate now, but they still have the same goals of Free Markets and State's Rights.

"In fact it was A Republican that first took a swing at states rights creating a precedent for Federal encroachment, that man was Lincoln."
    -Agreed, but the Democratic and Republican parties switched values and representation in the 1920s. The 19th century Democratic Party was the Party of Traditional American values. Now it's Republican.
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/05/30 01:58:34
    Wake The Sheeple
    The Republicans introduced TARP and suggested The basis for The Banker Bailout, where does that fit into free market economics? Keynesian economics isn't free market economics, Austrian economics is the real deal. I hope you research The difference
  • ✞Knight... Wake Th... 2012/05/30 14:17:39 (edited)
    ✞Knight of Honor
    Like I just said the Republican Party is more moderate, they compromise using limited economic regulation, but are still considerably more free market than the Democratic Party.

Regardless, you wanted to know the difference between the parties and I believe that the distinctions I listed above prove my point. Even if you don't consider the Republican Party free market, there are still many other distinctions.
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/05/30 23:11:55
    Wake The Sheeple
    ... not enough.
  • ✞Knight... Wake Th... 2012/06/02 03:08:50
    ✞Knight of Honor
    You don't consider beliefs and core lifestyle important?
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/06/02 05:44:52 (edited)
    Wake The Sheeple
    Those are minor, compare Libertarian ideals to that of the Republicrats & the Democans and you see real free market capitalism, personal liberty, adherence to the Constitution, Real limited government, and an emphasis on personal responsibility. Those are real differences.
  • ✞Knight... Wake Th... 2012/06/02 07:15:04 (edited)
    ✞Knight of Honor
    "Those are minor"
    -The entire basis of how society functions, what its goals are, how it obtains its goals, and what it stands for is minor? How?
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/06/02 14:08:00 (edited)
    Wake The Sheeple
    Both are parties of big government that can take from the people through manipulation of tax code, corporate or individual redistribution (ie, TARP, Banker Bailout,etc.) economic policy that causes inflation, foreign aid, and never ending military offense. They are also both parties of a centralized government and bureaucratover red tape that all but prohibits competition by law. Both parties feel that they decide when and how liberty should be rationed, signing legislation like the "Patriot" Act, NDAA, creating bloated over reaches of Federal power like the TSA, the BATF, the IRS, etc.
    Both are parties of large centralized government differing only by 1 or 2 percent, and both are parties of unequal and / or limited liberty.
  • ✞Knight... Wake Th... 2012/06/02 14:20:43
    ✞Knight of Honor
    "Both are parties of large centralized government differing only by 1 or 2 percent, and both are parties of unequal and / or limited liberty."
    -Just like every other political party in history right?

You may not like either party, but the reality is that the Republicans and Democrats are opposites in the context of moral values, religion, illegal immigration, homosexuality, abortion, capital punishment, and gun rights.

Religion- Republican (Christian), Democrat (Atheist)
    Illegal Immigration- Republican (Oppose), Democrat (Support)
    Homosexuality- Republican (Oppose), Democrat (Support)
    Abortion- Republican (Oppose), Democrat (Support)
    Capital Punishment- Republican (Support), Democrat (Oppose)
    Gun Rights- Republican (Support), Democrat (Oppose)
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/06/02 14:37:54
    Wake The Sheeple
    But the same in the push towards tyrannical government... They only differ in the methods.

march of tyranny
  • ✞Knight... Wake Th... 2012/06/02 15:21:46
    ✞Knight of Honor
    In a way, but even the 3rd Parties would be a tool for the same "tyranny" as you describe.
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/06/02 15:56:35
    Wake The Sheeple
    Some but not all.
  • ✞Knight... Wake Th... 2012/06/04 03:10:34
    ✞Knight of Honor
    You're mistaken; all political parties seek power.
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/06/04 14:32:06 (edited)
    Wake The Sheeple
    They all seek the power of the position the they are running for, but not all are corrupt.
  • ✞Knight... Wake Th... 2012/06/04 15:10:25 (edited)
    ✞Knight of Honor
    All of them are corrupt in the modern American political system. Don't be naive.

It's a matter of who will best represent you.
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/06/04 15:46:13
    Wake The Sheeple
    For now I am leaning towards the Republican Party, but only because they still have Dr. Paul running, it's sad that there is only one Republican who supports the Constitution.

• ✞Knight... Wake Th... 2012/06/04 15:48:38 (edited)
    ✞Knight of Honor
    "but only because they still have Dr. Paul running"
    -? Ron Paul dropped out on May 14th
  • Wake Th... ✞Knight... 2012/06/04 16:08:22
    Wake The Sheeple
    No, you are mistaken just like most of the media.

He is not campaigning in the beauty contest, he is spending all of his money on getting delegates in the state conventions & he is doing an excellent job.

http://www.usnews.com/news/bl...
  • Batman 2012/05/11 00:42:33
  • Kiara 2012/05/10 22:44:32
    Kiara
    +3
    I belong to the Independent Party but willing to check out the Green Party.
    I would be comfortable with a woman President if she really knew what she
    was doing. Of course most anyone could do better than the Democrats &
    Republicans are doing. Such a mess our Government is in!!!
  • atomikmom 2012/05/10 06:52:25
    atomikmom
    +1
    I vote for the Person not the Party!! I would vote Nonpartisan
  • Vinny 2012/05/10 01:48:52
    Vinny
    +1
    It doesn't apply to me!!
  • TuringsChild 2012/05/10 01:40:03
    I am voting Republican because.....
    TuringsChild
    +3
    I"ll stick with Ron Paul for as long as he's on the ticket. If he gets robbed by the dinosaurs, I'll go Libertarian. I will not support Communists under ANY color banner.
  • K-ZOOMI-----0 2012/05/10 00:09:29
    I am voting Republican because.....
    K-ZOOMI-----0
    +1
    I voted for Ross Perot. All that showed me was it takes votes away from Republicans and hands the Democrat the Presidency!
    I will never vote 3rd Party again. We can't afford 4 more years of a Socialist President!
  • Wake Th... K-ZOOMI... 2012/05/27 03:27:32
    Wake The Sheeple
    ...Either of them!

• wildcat 2012/05/09 23:45:46
    wildcat
    +1
    I have before, I voted for Ralph Nader in 2008 and I voted for John Anderson in 1978.
    John Anderson Presidential run
    Ralph Nader 2008

2014/09/01 07:53:50