Would You Vote For A Third Party Candidate For President?

Little Angel 2012/05/08 16:52:00
This sounds like a better way and worth looking into.....
I am voting Democrat because....
I am voting Republican because.....
I belong to the Green Party....
The Green Party Will Have A Forum For Their Presidential Candidates To Speak.

green party forum presidential candidates speak

GP-TV: http://www.livestream.com/greenpartyus

Saturday, May 12 at starting at 7:30pm PDT. SPEAKING IN PERSON

President Candidates: Jill Stein, Roseanne Barr, Kent Mesplay. Talk with

other Greens in our live chat room. Please Email, Post & Tweet this

announcement! Thank you! Starlene & Craig, GP-TV Producers

chat room email post tweet announcement starlene craig gp-tv producers

You may not have heard about the Green Party but they are

serious and will have a legitimate candidate for President this

year. I find the Democrats and Republicans too much alike in

most ways to even have a real choice. It seems like it comes

down to which will do our Country less harm.

Have you thought that it might be time to let another Political

Party have a chance?

• RushSchlafly 2012/05/28 15:58:07
    RushSchlafly
    +7
    I would, I have and I will vote for the Constitution Party.

I would not vote Green Party ever. If you look up parties that have any significant following at the present, they are, right to left, with principal stand or cause,
    1. Constitution Party. Christian Conservative,
    2. Republican Party. Capitalist Conservative.
    3. Libertarian Party. Schizophrenic.
    4. Democratic Party. Liberal.
    5. Green Party. Environmentalist.
    6. Peace and Freedom. Socialist

Seven Principals of the Constitution Party.
    Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
    Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
    Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
    Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
    Constitution: and Bill of Rights interpreted according to the actual intent of the Founding Fathers;
    States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people;
    American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.
    virgil
    3. Libertarian Party. Schizophrenic.
    4. Democratic Party. Liberal.
    5. Green Party. Environmentalist.
    6. Peace and Freedom. Socialist

committed protection borders trade common defense americans entangled foreign alliances

• SoCalEx-Dem 2012/05/08 21:22:48
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +2
    I wouldn't support Roseanne Barr for dog catcher. Why would I waste my vote on her?
  • Little ... SoCalEx... 2012/05/09 18:00:59
    Little Angel
    +2
    She is running but we will most likely vote Jill Stein for our Candidate at our National Convention.
  • SoCalEx... Little ... 2012/05/09 19:54:50
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +1
    Thank Heaven! I couldn't imagine who would support her.
  • Little ... SoCalEx... 2012/05/09 23:44:16
    Little Angel
    +1
    You would be surprised! I didn't think so either until I heard her
    speech at our State Convention. She is a very intelligent
    woman and has been involved in several things for
    making things better for a lot of people, including farmers.
  • Little ... SoCalEx... 2012/05/09 18:04:48
    Little Angel
    +1
    Roseanne Barr would really surprise you in one of her speeches but our front
    runner to be our Candidate on the ballot this November is Jill Stein.
  • SoCalEx... Little ... 2012/05/09 19:55:51
    SoCalEx-Dem
    No she wouldn't surprise me. I have listened to her many times. No thanks!
  • Kalayaan 001 2012/05/08 19:45:18
    I am voting Republican because.....
    Kalayaan 001
    +2
    I would have voted for another party like the Libertarian Party, the Constitution Party, the U.S. Pirate Party, or similar parties. Unfortunately, 3rd parties are ineffective here in the U.S.

You'd think that the U.S. Federal Government and the State governments would give all parties equal opportunities via multiparty system. But, it is a 2-party system with all other parties given heavy restrictions. (Oh, well...)
  • Nonpart... Kalayaa... 2012/05/08 21:49:56
    Nonpartisan
    Currently we do not select the Candidates, the two Parties do. We do not run our elections, the two parties do, and they in many cases illegally keep people who do not belong to their Parties off the Ballot. You are absolutely right it should be a fair playing field and everyone should be treated equally. We can not make any progress in that direction by continuing to vote for the two bullies (Parties) who now make those rules. If you continue to let them buffalo you into voting for the status-quo nothing will change and what is already bad will continue to get nothing but worse. AmericansElect needs your support and I need your support. Thank you.

http://www.americanselect.org...
  • Kalayaa... Nonpart... 2012/05/08 22:27:51
    Kalayaan 001
    +1
    Sounds interesting. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the info!
  • Little ... Kalayaa... 2012/05/09 00:59:24
    Little Angel
    +1
    We are already a Nationwide Party and have lots of members in office at the
    State & City levels. We are having a National Convention where we will elect
    the Candidate for President. We do not accept contributions from oil
    companies or large corporations.
  • Nonpart... Kalayaa... 2012/05/09 18:50:32
    Nonpartisan
    Thanks ! ! !
  • TheTailor 2012/05/08 18:17:02 (edited)
    TheTailor
    +3
    Possibly, I don't care for either candidate if Romney is representing the Republicans. Who would the third party be? I don't want Romney but I would vote for a Chihuahua over Obama.

Edit: I would never vote for the green party as I don't believe they have any interest in the well being of the American public.
  • Nonpart... TheTailor 2012/05/08 21:54:42
    Nonpartisan
    That is the dilemma that the two parties have created for us, they run our elections not us.

The AmericansElect project is the first real attempt at a Non-Partisan Third Party, I have been trying to work with them and I need everyone's support to succeed.

http://www.americanselect.org...
  • Little ... TheTailor 2012/05/09 18:07:24
    Little Angel
    +1
    Wrong! They are more concerned about the best interests of America than any other candidate. Our front running Candidate is very strong on all the important issues.
  • TheTailor Little ... 2012/05/10 02:18:43
    TheTailor
    Are they interested in creating millions of good paying jobs in the energy sector, making America energy self sufficient and making the US the largest energy exporter in the world?

I didn't hear any solutions from Jill, all I heard was she wants a change from the current political system. Change to what?
  • Charles E 2012/05/08 18:15:04
    Charles E
    +2
    Have before and probably will again. Libertarian! Not Green, though.
  • Nonpart... Charles E 2012/05/08 21:55:47
    Nonpartisan
    +1
    Try AmericansElect, they will be on the ballot in all States.

http://www.americanselect.org...
  • Charles E Nonpart... 2012/05/09 13:11:56
    Charles E
    +1
    Thanks for the information.
  • Nonpart... Charles E 2012/05/09 18:51:25
    Nonpartisan
    You are welcome.
  • Heptarch 2012/05/08 18:06:01
    Heptarch
    +3
    I would vote for any third party candidate if I thought their views/platform was more similar to mine than all other candidates.
  • Nonpart... Heptarch 2012/05/08 21:56:46
    Nonpartisan
    Try my Campaign for the American People on AmericansElect.

http://www.americanselect.org...
  • Gregaj7 2012/05/08 18:05:04
    +2
    I'm unable to "register", as I know too much for the clerk/recorder to allow my re-offer of the application. Add to that my knowledge that 'third-party' candidates stand no chance, by design, to be appointed/elected to higher offices. You knew this already.
  • Nonpart... Gregaj7 2012/05/08 22:00:42
    Nonpartisan
    +1
    Yes, and that is because the two Parties run the entire system. AmericansElect is trying to change that and the only way to make progress in that direction is to support such an effort.

http://www.americanselect.org...
  • Gregaj7 Nonpart... 2012/05/09 00:00:14
    You've got a CFR-member as CEO and a Rothschild as an Advisory Council member. This is my response to that:
    hell no
  • Nonpart... Gregaj7 2012/05/09 19:10:03
    Nonpartisan
    I could not care less about who is the CEO or who is on the advisory council. I will never vote for them or have anything to do with them. My only concern is who the Presidential Candidate is. That is the only person that you or I will see on the ballot and the only person that will make any real decisions when they are elected. I doubt that any of the other Candidates on AmericansElect give a blank about who the CEO or who is on the advisory council either. When they are elected President the CEO and advisory council of AmericansElect will be totally irrelevant to the person elected, and by the way that same statement should apply to the Democratic Party, the Republican Party and any other Party. If it does not, it is the Candidates fault not the Parties fault.

Please do not blame me for what you think of other people. My Campaign has always run as a Non-Partisan, and when my proposals to make the election process more free and fair are implemented it will be more easy for real Candidates to run without having to hook up with the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, AmericansElect, or any other Party, which is run bu someone you may not like.
  • Gregaj7 Nonpart... 2012/05/09 20:04:31
    If you think previous Presidents were not 'marionettes', then you haven't been paying attention. The power of the President has never been in the individual holding the office, but in the influence behind the scenes. The last "independent" thinking President was either Jackson or Lincoln.
    Have fun with your candidacy.
  • The One 2012/05/08 18:04:22
    The One
    +2
    I am voting the Constitution Party again this presidential race.
  • Nonpart... The One 2012/05/08 22:02:16
    Nonpartisan
    Consider the AmericansElect Effort to make real change in the system so that someone other than the two parties will have a better chance to get elected.

http://www.americanselect.org...
  • The One Nonpart... 2012/05/09 04:02:04
    The One
    I voted Chuck Baldwin in 2008 for Constitution Party as well!Check it out.
  • Sofahead 2012/05/08 17:55:02
    Sofahead
    +4
    There has NEVER been a third party candidate that got elected regardly how qualfied.
    The feeling you're throwing away your vote on one doesn't seem to make the effort of voting worth it. You choose the one between the two major parties that you hope represents your interest better.

Incidentially, any organization that's associated with Roseanne Barr is immediately regarded as suspect until proven innocent.
  • Nonpart... Sofahead 2012/05/08 22:06:41
    Nonpartisan
    You are throwing away your vote if you continue to vote for the status-quo.

By the way, several third party Candidates HAVE won in State elections including Governor.

The AmericansElect Project is trying to break the status-quo and with enough support they will succeed. they will be on the ballot in all states in November.

http://www.americanselect.org...
  • relic 2012/05/08 17:33:25
    I am voting Republican because.....
    relic
    +2
    I made that mistake in 1992 and look at the result.
  • Nonpart... relic 2012/05/08 22:08:58
    Nonpartisan
    If you continue to let the two Parties bully you into voting for the status-quo that is the worst mistake and things will just get worse.

http://www.americanselect.org...
  • relic Nonpart... 2012/05/08 22:10:50
    relic
    ...you don't know who was elected in 1992? ...only because nearly 20% of America voted for a 3rd party candidate.
  • Nonpart... relic 2012/05/09 19:29:08
    Nonpartisan
    That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Most of the people I talked with agree feel that BOTH the Candidates from the Republican and the Democratic Parties were just as bad and did not vote for either one of them, so trying to blame that on any third Party is absolutely BOGUS. Way more than 20% of the voters just did not vote for either one of the losers that the Democrats and Republicans were running or anyone else because they did not like any of the choices, so your logic is totally BOGUS.

I and most of the people that I have talked with agree with the title of Jim Hightower's book "If the Gods Wanted Us to Vote They Would Have Given Us Candidates", by Jim Hightower: I have not read this book, however, the title says what a lot of the voters who do not vote for President and some of the other offices tell me.

I am trying to help fix the election system so that the above described problem will not occur. I will never vote for the lesser of evils, because they are all just as bad I will continue to vote to make the kind of change that will help everyone. If you chose not to that is your choice and you are entitled to make any choice you want to, even if it is totally counterproductive to what you say that you really want.
  • luvguins 2012/05/08 17:19:41
    I am voting Democrat because....
    luvguins
    +4
    Democrat because the GOP is extreme right wing off the cliff now and their base are all for turning womens's rights back, plus bigots and homophobes. i did vote for an independent, John Anderson, in 1980.
  • relic luvguins 2012/05/08 17:37:02
    relic
    +3
    koolaid drinker

It will be cool seeing people sent to the re-education camps when Obama gets re-elected, huh?
  • luvguins relic 2012/05/08 18:23:18
  • relic luvguins 2012/05/08 18:25:27
    relic
    +1
    Thanks, but I can't accept your title. You earned that, keep it.
  • luvguins relic 2012/05/08 18:29:03
    luvguins
    +3
    Strictly reserved for you, stooge.

2014/11/01 13:20:31