Would You Ever Date Outside of Your Political Party?

AdriHead 2012/12/10 21:00:00
It's always kind of awkward when you and a new date have that first conversation about politics -- and slowly realize that your fundamental values and beliefs are totally different. That's why Alexander Fondrier, a 27-year-old from California, launched RedStateDate and BlueStateDate, which are dating sites for those who prefer to date someone with the same political affiliation.

Both sites allow users to specify their beliefs on a variety of economic, social, and global issues, weighing individual beliefs more or less heavily. That algorithm is meant to result in setting people up who are more in tune with each other's beliefs. That is, of course, if you prefer to date within your party to begin with. Would you ever date someone outside of your political party?

JEZEBEL.COM reports:
A new pair of dating sites aim to remove the awkward initial political conversation from internet courtship by matching users only with people who share their political affiliation, via a sophisticated series of questions on individual viewpoints.
womans autonomy effort empower wake violation gift god lady pregnant

Read More: http://jezebel.com/5961926/dating-website-allows-y...

• Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/12/10 21:37:05 (edited)
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +16
    I married my wife who at the time was a total democrat. And I was a conservative who had decided that I was too fed up to register to vote. She told me she would not marry anyone who didn't care enough to register to vote because the last Native Americans to get the right to vote didn't get until the 1960s (We are both Native American) And many people sacrificed for us to get that right. I was ashamed. I registered. LOL We got married.

Now she's against abortion and other conservative leaning issues. And I got an ear full about equality for all people.

Now we are both Independents. LOL

• Edward 2013/02/10 06:48:59
    It depends
    Edward
    +1
    She'd have to be a decent person overall. I actually might enjoy a little arguement, but overall, I would rather my significant other hold the same political views as me
  • red baron 2013/01/29 03:26:10
    It depends
    red baron
    This is a tough one there are however things I could not compromise on as my principles go to the very core of my being. Here are three key ones

1. I will not be with someone who thinks it's okay to attempt to kill an unborn child.

2. Believes that marriage is a gay right when it isn't and it's oppressing our rights.

3. believes that murdering criminals, rapists and pedophiles have rights when they don't and should receive the death penalty.

However this also includes racists who are against blacks asians and jews etc. Bigoted people who are against another persons culture without taking the time to learn something about it. Also those who believe it's okay to abuse gay people or don't show their elders respect or take the piss out of the disabled. As well as others who without a right treat someone one else with disrespect.
  • mandypa... red baron 2013/09/28 09:08:03 (edited)
    mandypandee
    +2
    you are a complete IDIOT!!!! My god, this is why republicans are known as sexist, women's rights-oppressing, homophobic pieces of SH*T. You are a prime example of why i would NEVER date a conservative. You are absolutely disgusting! -___-
    By the way, i love how when i take a look at your profile, i see alll your opinions against feminism and how "yes, you do have a problem with feminists", proving my point again how you're a sexist pig. Oh and look, you're single! That's NO coincidence, loser!!!
  • red baron mandypa... 2014/06/02 14:05:32 (edited)
  • red baron mandypa... 2014/06/02 15:03:48 (edited)
    red baron
    Another point I should mention is once again you got it the other way round the question is not whether you or any other reality reject like you should date a Conservative because no one cares what you want or think but whether anyone else would date a liberal the answer is they wouldn't no normal person would so try and swallow that one. Keep living in the Democrat alter reality that you currently inhabit and leave serious debating to those who know what were actually on about is my final piece of advice to you.
  • Helmholtz 2012/12/23 14:56:43
    Helmholtz
    I'm pretty sure I could respect and support, say, a moderate Republican. Or a lot of folks, really.
  • Sherry 2012/12/19 15:52:51
    Sherry
    +1
    Not single , and I should have put yes, as far as dating, if I were. I am friends with a couple, one who is conservative, and the other is liberal. Wonderful people both. The liberal one has been studying more, reading back history on up, and her views are definitely changing. I know another person who admits that they used to be very liberal. He has studied about this country, politics, other countries and their politics, from very far back, and watched the direction this country has been going for many years. He now openly admits, he is no longer a liberal.
  • legalamericanwoman 2012/12/19 02:59:25
    legalamericanwoman
    with provisos. IF such a man is an intelligent human who literally believes there is a clear difference between good and evil , actually has studied various religious and government factions worldwide , has the ability to produce progeny, and can BE strong enough and IS strong enough to be completely loyal to another human ( penises are not humans ) for a lifetime based on genuine understanding of loyalty to love and loyalty to freedom , YES.

However, my being a girl, I know that is probably too much for most males to contemplate.

Oh well.
    Ah well.

thats the way it goes when it comes down to the truth of the matter. HONESTY.
  • Edward legalam... 2013/02/10 06:51:00
    Edward
    you're liberal i presume?
  • Ripley 2012/12/18 14:44:18
    It depends
    Ripley
    probably date but would never marry.
  • Dave 007 2012/12/16 13:00:40
    It depends
    Dave 007
    +1
    As long as she's not a Bleeding Heart Lib!
  • Olimpia Nicula :) 2012/12/16 04:20:06
    Olimpia Nicula :)
    of course
  • Bill 2012/12/16 03:33:24
    It depends
    Bill
    +1
    If she looks like a Dallas Cheerleader and is real horny I'm in
  • macy 2012/12/16 03:31:40
    macy
    +1
    Considering I am an independent...as long as they weren't super extreme.
  • The Aging Yankee Liberal Do... 2012/12/16 03:01:56
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +2
    as long as we dont discuss politics.
  • tjr11 2012/12/15 22:23:05
    tjr11
    Kind of a weird question for me since I am Conservative and don't align myself with either major party or the Independents or Libertarians. I will date someone who has some differing opinions but not someone who is 1) on the far-left, since we would probably have nothing in common, 2) on the extremes of any political party, 3) an anarchist, an atheist or someone with extreme religious views.
  • DAVE-0 2012/12/15 19:48:25
    DAVE-0
    +1
    Date yes. Marry no. I could never abide a conservative republican. I prefer the human species.
  • tjr11 DAVE-0 2012/12/16 08:04:48
    tjr11
    It seems dave-o is an ass-o:)
  • stevie.luplow 2012/12/15 14:56:49
    stevie.luplow
    +1
    Just because someone doesn't share something in common doesn't mean they're a bad person. My husband and I have many differences...I don't know exactly where he stands on every political thing, I have some much more open minded views in religion...we still love each other.
  • KyoriYuki 2012/12/15 08:21:38
    It depends
    KyoriYuki
    My grandmother is most definitely a democrat, no doubt about it. She married my grandfather who was most definitely a republican, right till the end. They bickered sometimes, but they were very much in love.
  • shelley.peterson.96 2012/12/14 11:06:18
    shelley.peterson.96
    I am still a true believer that real true unconditional love conquers all. So YES I could and would without a doubt but not without good strong debates lol
  • andrea 2012/12/14 08:38:33
    It depends
    andrea
    It depends on how openminded the person is.
  • NECHOII 2012/12/14 04:26:26
    NECHOII
    SURE ! I love debates and the thing to do if you can't convince her to your point of view is get more evidence to prove your points and if that still doesn't work say to her, " Time will prove that I am right. " If by any chance you turn out to be wrong, give credit where credit is due and compliment her, ( or him. )
  • disclaimer 2012/12/14 00:59:59
    It depends
    disclaimer
    If politics wasn't a major sticking point, I would see no problem with it. But if he was one of those people who had to remind me at every waking minute that we had different opinions and only one of us could be right, it wouldn't work.
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/12/13 23:23:03 (edited)
    It depends
    ✞Knight of Honor
    +1
    Politics don't matter; I just need a Christian girl.

On a political note, leftists are rarely Christian, so it seems statistically impossible that she'll be a Liberal, Socialist, or Communist [all groups that seek to suppress religion].
  • TerryAgee 2012/12/13 21:22:26
    It depends
    TerryAgee
    She has to ride a jet ski when I go fishing. LOL
  • mac9 2012/12/13 20:02:32
    It depends
    mac9
    +1
    If they were not far left morons that cannot be reasoned with.
  • Dave 2012/12/13 06:37:38
    Dave
    +1
    NO WAY! Nor could I date someone who has strong believes in the Lordy Jesus and a place called Heaven.
  • GOP Poison 2012/12/13 02:13:44
    It depends
    GOP Poison
    +1
    I have had friends"with benefits"outside of my party but I cannot see myself ever becoming serious with someone that has a different political ideology than I have.
  • Bilingual required sucks 2012/12/13 01:16:22
    Bilingual required sucks
    +3
    Could never date a Republican ....no way.
  • Ally 2012/12/13 00:26:49
    It depends
    Ally
    That would be interesting.
  • bt sedlock 2012/12/13 00:10:05
    bt sedlock
    Why not? If two people can work out their disagreements and differences between both their parties political platforms why not let them date? Besides what do two people's and their political beliefs have anything to do with liking each other? Put politics aside.
  • tinaje 2012/12/12 22:55:56
    tinaje
    Yes, we are both individuals who have our own opinion. Just because I am a Republican does not mean I totally agree with every single thing they stand for. Everyone has the right to be happy, it's called humanity & everyone has a heart that deserves to be happy with whomever.
  • syl 2012/12/12 21:23:16
    It depends
    syl
    The twain could meet, if there was some compromise-if the person was worth it.
  • Steve 2012/12/12 19:18:32
    Steve
    Yes, but it always worked out that they turned shortly after. Most people don't know what they really are.
  • Maleficent 2012/12/12 17:07:15
    It depends
    Maleficent
    yeah but it depends on the person though.
  • [Ev@n] 2012/12/12 17:04:26
    [Ev@n]
    Finding another Libertarian is difficult.
  • murphywasanoptimist 2012/12/12 16:45:30
    It depends
    murphywasanoptimist
    Doubt it but one can never predict with 100% accuracy how you will act given a particular scenario.
  • Doc Freeman BTO-T-TB~pwcmjla~ 2012/12/12 16:17:46
    Doc Freeman BTO-T-TB~pwcmjla~
    +1
    I feel very strongly about what I believe in and how the country should be run, so there would be no need to date someone with whom I would disagree with.
  • ZenerSix 2012/12/12 15:38:01 (edited)
    ZenerSix
    I rarely date women I meet in person. Most of my dates I find online, which is where all the important stuff is settle before you even think about making contact. While I would date someone who isn't a free-market Libertarian atheist, it just never happens.

2014/12/20 07:19:28