Would You Eat At a Food Place That Defended Gay Marriage and took A Stand on it by Speaking out of Support for it Like Mr. Cathy did opposing it?

Manuel 2012/07/28 22:13:09
Yes I would still eat there.
No, I would not eat there ever again!
I am just curious about this one. So what would you do? lets watch all the crazies come out on this one...

• Jackie 2012/07/29 02:01:55 (edited)
    No, I would not eat there ever again!
    Jackie
    +6
    No food has ever been invented to accomplish that. If the KKK made the best cookies in all the land, I would not buy their cookies. I would not support them that way. Everyone knows what happened to the wrong minded Dixie Chicks. They were at the top of the charts Then they went on tour and bad mouthed Bush. And the Patriotic singer Toby Keith. The left made them their little darlings for 6 about months. TV shows and such. Then their career ended. The left doesn't buy country music. And the Dixie chicks repulsed their audience. Couldn't give their records away. They self imploded by their stupidity. And I was a great fan. But couldn't stand them after that. Two (sisters) are now struggling to be a duo, Called the Courtyard dogs.But they remain obscure Such wasted talent was sad. People will not support what they don't believe in.
    Oh and Toby is still at the top of his game.

I would simply go to Chick-Fil-a.

Remember Wednesday is Chick-fil-a appreciation day. Buy Buy!

Watch the crazies make a blockbuster Wednesday.

• Piper Stryder 2012/07/29 19:05:31
    Piper
    +2
    Not really. "In fact, Chick-Fil-A really doesn’t really franchise restaurants in the traditional sense, since they retain the equity in its restaurants. What they really do is recruit young, hungry entrepreneurs that embody the Chick-FIl-A values, then offer them an attractive profit sharing program." Nothing wrong with that, but they aren't privately owned.
    Have you been telling all those who are going to go out their way to SUPPORT Chick-fil-A, that it is pointless to reward them? As far as Rush, he is entirely different subject............
  • BoomLover 2012/07/28 23:41:17
    No, I would not eat there ever again!
    BoomLover
    +1
    I think it is just hypocritical to advertize "We support Gays". If a restaurant doesn't want to support anything, they don't have to. Not everybody is a Vegan, but you do have a choice where you chose to eat, don't you? And that choice comes without advertizing, doesn't it? Therefore, I choose to eat at a place that refused to cater to "Gays" and I don't think that is against my or anybody else's morals. The key word is "Caters" to. Just like I chose to drive a certain type car or truck, or buy my gas at a Chevron rather than a Shell station. If I choose to shop at my neighborhood store, and support them, as apposed to the Wal-Mart a few miles away, what business is it of yours? I RESPECT the owner of Chick Fil A to make the decision such as he did, and if YOU don't want to eat there, big whoopie, please don't!! But keep your trap shut around me, especially if I like their food and take my family and/or friends there to eat. The "Gay Agenda" is already well entrenched, and now they are almost mandating that grade school kids must be taught "Gay Acceptance"...Enough of that, as far as I'm concerned. The real world will kick them in the teeth soon enough, I imagine.....
  • Manuel BoomLover 2012/07/29 02:03:40
    Manuel
    +2
    People like you get Gay rights mixed up with a gay agenda...gay agendas don't exist dude...gay rights do...I think it is just hypocritical to advertize " we support traditional marriage ". Just another way of saying you discriminate against gays.
  • watusiwaldo 2012/07/28 23:12:27
    Yes I would still eat there.
    watusiwaldo
    +3
    I'm pretty sure there are some very good gay cooks; otherwise, the issue would never even occur to me.
  • TrudyGirl 2012/07/28 23:11:07
    Yes I would still eat there.
    TrudyGirl
    +2
    It is bad for a business to show this kind of prejudice as an example in front of young people who should not be led down the path of prejudice against someone who is not the same as they are just because of their race, religion, or sexual orientation.
  • BoomLover TrudyGirl 2012/07/28 23:24:00
    BoomLover
    +1
    Is it just as bad for business to cater to or fawn over something that actually goes against your religion? Why should someone support something they don't truly agree with?
  • watusiw... BoomLover 2012/07/29 00:44:04
    watusiwaldo
    +1
    I don't think they're asking you to turn gay.....by eating there you are supporting gays, I don't know, and what if you were, so what? Although, I don't know why a restaurant would even care to make the point,..i.e. so much noise about the gay issue already that's about the only thing I don't like, too loud...but, it's all the same where food is concerned, just make it good.
  • Manuel watusiw... 2012/07/29 02:15:23
    Manuel
    then why should a restaurant would even care to make the point,they support traditional marriage?
  • watusiw... Manuel 2012/07/29 02:21:26
    watusiwaldo
    I guess they do support it...they can support it, that's fine. It seems unnecessary to pronounce it; but, I'm just tired of hearing about the gay thing. Too much, too often, too loud. Be gay, you have every right, can we stop talking about it please.
  • Manuel BoomLover 2012/07/29 02:45:34 (edited)
    Manuel
    maybe Mr Cathy should go into his basement to find and dust off his old sign that used to say "we don't serve N's here"...and write the word Gays over it...
  • Manuel TrudyGirl 2012/07/29 02:11:33
    Manuel
    By Mr. Cathy saying what he did..does show that. People tend to or deliberately get Gay rights mixed up with a gay agenda...gay agendas don't exist ...gay rights do...I think it is just hypocritical for the owner of Chick Fl-A to advertize " we support traditional marriage ". Just another way of him underhandedly saying he discriminate's against gays.
  • Space I... TrudyGirl 2012/07/29 02:14:22
    Space Invader
    Sorry; but that is asinine
  • Carol 2012/07/28 23:08:36
    Yes I would still eat there.
    Carol
    +4
    If they served good food, it was clean and they treated their workers and customers with respect.
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2012/07/28 23:02:24
    Yes I would still eat there.
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +2
    Unless the atmosphere was more like a gay bar.
  • Manuel Dave Sa... 2012/07/29 02:17:12
    Manuel
    +1
    lol...yea I wouldn't want to go to a restaurant and get hit on...or got to a restaurant and get preached to...
  • Dave Sa... Manuel 2012/07/29 03:09:44
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    As it turns out, I can't get to one - they aren't even in my state (Oregon).
  • Manuel Dave Sa... 2012/07/29 04:21:10
    Manuel
    Well you never know...if enough towns on the east coast turn them down over this...you just might get lucky....
  • Dave Sa... Manuel 2012/07/29 04:23:43
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    Yes. Maybe. But Oregon, at least the heavily populated areas, are Progressive bastions.
  • Manuel Dave Sa... 2012/07/29 04:35:21
    Manuel
    lol...well get to one in another State before they die off...you just never know what things like this will do to a business...
  • Dave Sa... Manuel 2012/07/29 04:41:01
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    I don't have my own transportation. I went 7 blocks in my wheelchair to get to a Fred Meyer (do they have one of those where you live?) and pushed it most of the way back home, resting a lot along the way. In the last year I have walked a total of 150 miles - less than half a mile a day. I don't think I will be exploring other states soon, and I know I don't want to go to California (they have them there).
  • Manuel Dave Sa... 2012/07/29 05:25:04
    Manuel
    +1
    Fred Meyer ...not on the east coast...boy you get around on that thing...That is good that you do go out on your wheel chair...
  • 11 Phenomenon - eNews 2012/07/28 22:57:01
    No, I would not eat there ever again!
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    "Never" is tough to do since so many companies buckle to pressure from various groups. I would try hard for other options.
  • Manuel 11 Phen... 2012/07/29 02:18:54
    Manuel
    +2
    your point can make a stand...but restaurants shouldn't be like gay bars or Sunday morning church...
  • Jan Haskell 2012/07/28 22:54:13
    Yes I would still eat there.
    Jan Haskell
    +2
    I eat at all kinds of places, and I rarely know or care about the management's personal opinions .... unless they use them as an excuse to mistreat people.
  • Manuel Jan Has... 2012/07/29 02:27:10 (edited)
    Manuel
    I can understand your point...but ...By Mr. Cathy saying what he did..does show that is his excuse to mistreat gay people. I think the bottom line is he really doesn't want gays in his place of business....Like that old sign once said..we don't serve N's here.. Well he can't put a sign up like that for gays..so he had to think of another way to make to hopefully have them stay out. But it back fired....in some ways...

.I think it is just hypocritical for the owner of Chick Fl-A to advertize " we support traditional marriage ". because it is Just another way of him underhandedly saying he discriminates against gays.
  • Shonny 2012/07/28 22:44:31
    Yes I would still eat there.
    Shonny
    +3
    I totally stand with Chick-fil-A's traditional marriage stance, however I patronize establishments all the time that believe contrary to my beliefs.

People are allowed to their opinions, it is their right. As long as they do not discriminate by refusing to serve or employ other I have no problems.

I'm tired of people trying to strong others to conform to who THEY are. We are all different and believe different, and whoever can't handle that needs to be in a mental hospital next to the Colorado theater shooter. losers.

chick fil a loves God
  • Manuel Shonny 2012/07/28 22:57:22
    Manuel
    +2
    I think a lot of people get the two mixed up...gay rights and gays pushing an agenda...

Gay rights are not an agenda...whoever can't handle that needs to be in a mental hospital next to the Colorado theater shooter. losers.
  • Shonny Manuel 2012/07/28 23:11:54
    Shonny
    +2
    um.. okayyyy :-/

i hear what you're saying, but i wasn't attacking agenda's or gays. i don't hate or dislike anyone. I love everyone with all my heart, I just live by personal values.
  • BoomLover Shonny 2012/07/28 23:42:42
    BoomLover
    +2
    Stick to your guns, Shonny!
  • Shonny BoomLover 2012/07/28 23:45:24
    Shonny
    +1
    lol, i'm solid as a rock. :-)
  • Manuel Shonny 2012/07/29 02:40:27
    Manuel
    That is fine...and it's fine for Mr. Cathy as well...and Gays even feel they love everyone with all their heart, and just live by personal values as well.

But in all honestly I think the bottom line is Mr. Cathy really doesn't want gays in his place of business or he would have not bothered with saying what he said.......Like that old sign once said..we don't serve N's here.. Well he can't put a sign up like that for gays..so he had to think of another way to make to hopefully have them stay out. But it back fired....in some ways...

Now if he would have said this over 20 years ago when he just opened up his business...I could understand that...But it's only because of President Obama he is saying this now. He hates Obama...

So him saying " we support traditional marriage "it is just hypocritical because it is Just another way of him underhandedly saying he discriminates against gays. And hopes to use that as a ploy to help defeat Obama in Nov...That's all it is..a political ploy. Might even be a little racism in there too.
  • Shonny Manuel 2012/07/29 03:32:31
    Shonny
    'He doesn't want gays in his place of business.' He hires gays and serves them, and not as "gay" people, but people.

He is a Southern Baptist and a pious man, he has the right to his personal beliefs. His original comments was discussing his Christian life and morals. It had nothing to do with his businesses, but gay interest groups found a niche to attack his finances.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and are looking for offenses, and hun, the more you look for them the more you're gonna find them.

What makes us Christians is that we promote truth and Life, in kindness and Love. You or no one will ever take that from us. I have a gay/transgender brother I adore who has Aids among other things, and "married" two men.

He can't ever have children, and even in those marriages the roles of a man and woman are still played out because it's a holy institution and no pseudo arrangement will EVER replace it. Sorry If you don't like that or agree.

Jesus loves his homosexual sons and daughters, he knew what you would be when you were tiny. He cannot accept the sin of his sons bowing down to another man when he made you to stand tall and strong. He don't like my sin either. I can't whore around or sleep with my boyfriend every night and consider myself redeemed.

He wants us blessed...

He wants us blessed, happy, able to raise children, to live long, enjoy stable long lasting relationships, be free from disease and debilitating illness, and to be loved and feel clean inside and out, and be with him for eternity.
  • Manuel Shonny 2012/07/29 04:25:51
    Manuel
    +1
    He hires gays and serves them, and not as "gay" people, but people.

is that on the job application? a space that's asks are you gay?...And does he ask people he serves " are you gay?"
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/07/28 22:44:12
    Yes I would still eat there.
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +5
    That has nothing to do with the quality of the food, the atmosphere or the cost.........
    all of which are what I consider when eating out. We are not a Red American or
    A Blue America......what famous person said that? He went on to say we
    "are the United States of America.

In the same way that we are not a Gay America and a Straight America. We are
    not a Black and a White America. We are not Democrats and Republicans except
    in the voting booth. We are not the Rich and the Poor........... we are the United States
    of America. At least we were until some POTUS nurtured division, envy and hate
    in our country...........and all for political gain and votes to get elected.

For shame, shame, shame..........................
  • Manuel No nons... 2012/07/28 22:58:50
    Manuel
    +2
    nice topic...go start a post with it....
  • No nons... Manuel 2012/07/28 23:16:39
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +2
    Thank you........ I might when I get more time.
  • clasact 2012/07/28 22:43:21
    Yes I would still eat there.
    clasact
    +4
    if the foods good I dont really care
  • Leona Hill 2012/07/28 22:41:07
    Yes I would still eat there.
    Leona Hill
    +2
    Hell yes I would! Why wouldn't I? I can't believe you'd even ask such a question.
  • Manuel Leona Hill 2012/07/28 23:00:19
    Manuel
    I don't everybody is going to be honest here...
  • BoomLover Manuel 2012/07/28 23:44:40
    BoomLover
    +1
    Guess I'm honest enough for you?

2014/08/22 01:55:17