Would You Allow For An Islamic Mosque To Be Built In Your Community?

ahhaterry 2010/07/15 15:10:04
Related Topics: Mosque, Construction
Yes. Let them build their Mosques! Religious Freedom and such...
No. Mosques are terror fronts and we don't want 'em...
I don't like you AhhaTerry. You are mad...
Such a controversy lately about the construction of new Mosques... Many Americans don't want Mosques in their community. Many believe Mosques are often fronts for terrorism (um, sorry, Man
Caused Disasters, lol). What say you?

Read More: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100715/NEWS01/...

• Lorenzo 2010/07/16 15:51:04
    Lorenzo
    +34
    When I walk past a Baptist church I don't worry that somebody with a death wish is in the baptisty making a bomb, or the preacher is plotting to blow up First Methodist down the street. No mosques until these idiots stop acting like barbarians. bomb preacher plotting blow methodist street mosques idiots acting barbarians

• Files sonofason 2010/07/29 00:55:25
    Files
    Well I suppose that's better than beating me up or deporting me.
  • sonofason Files 2010/07/29 02:04:22
    sonofason
    yes, I wouldn't use those tactics unless the first did not work. :)
  • imldslaura Files 2010/07/30 21:32:23
    imldslaura
    Have you looked at what the Muslims believe shoud be done to you??? lol lol lol lol
  • Files imldslaura 2010/07/30 22:03:55
  • voice_m... sonofason 2010/07/26 03:32:29
    voice_matters
    +1
    whose god though? seeing the founding fathers wanted all to be able to practice and follow their religion.
  • suecoop voice_m... 2010/07/26 12:01:21
    suecoop
    If you take the time to read the writings of our founding fathers, you will see that they were prolific writers and left no doubt to which god they were following nor their reasons why. They followed the Bible and founded the principles of this country on Christianity. They prayed earnestly to make the right decisions and for the success of this country. They prayed to God, not Allah nor any other god.
  • voice_m... suecoop 2010/07/26 19:46:14
    voice_matters
    Then please use the bible to show where jesus attacked the jewsih god. you are the one that brought the bible into this so please use it to defend your claims.
  • suecoop voice_m... 2010/07/26 21:42:55
    suecoop
    I do not profess to be a Bible scholar, since I fall seriously short in that area. You brought up the intentions of the founding fathers, and what I posted is correct. Try reading some of David Barton's findings. He has read what our founding fathers left behind as they documented what they were accomplishing. You might try his site, Wallbuilders.com. It's very enlightning. I was able to see him speak and he is awesome!
  • voice_m... suecoop 2010/07/27 00:51:16
    voice_matters
    At least you admit you can not use the bible to defend your calims. may i ask why you said it supported your claims to begin with.
  • suecoop voice_m... 2010/07/27 12:45:39
    suecoop
    Do you have difficulty reading or what??? I have stated why I said it. Go read the documents left by those founding fathers or go to David Barton's website. He is highly respected in his research, and he is able to put it where you might be able to understand. End of conversation on my part...I'm so done with you.
  • imldslaura voice_m... 2010/07/30 22:12:42
    imldslaura
    "The highest glory of the American Revolution was this - that it connected, in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity." - John Quincy Adams
    *****************************
    "The Bible is the cornerstone of liberty. A student's perusal of the sacred volume will make him a better citizen, a better father, a better husband." - Thomas Jefferson
    *****************************
    "The Bible is the rock on which our Republic rests." - Andrew Jackson
    *****************************
    "In my view, the Christian religion is the most important and one of the first things in which all children, under a free government, ought to be instructed." - Noah Webster
    *****************************
    (UC) "We have staked the future of American civilization upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison
    *****************************
    (UC) "He who shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world." - Benjamin Franklin
    *****************************
    (UC) "It can not be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians, not on religions but on the gospel of Jes...

*****************************
    *****************************
    *****************************
    *****************************
    *****************************
    *****************************
    (UC) "It can not be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians, not on religions but on the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Patrick Henry
    *****************************
    "The religion which has introduced civil liberty is the religion of Christ and His apostles...to this we owe our free constitutions of government." - Noah Webster
    *****************************
    "Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson
    *****************************
    "Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almight God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly implore His protection and favor." - George Washington
    *****************************
    "Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited.... What a utopia, what a paradise would this region be." - John Adams
    *****************************
    "Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams
    *****************************
  • voice_m... imldslaura 2010/07/30 22:39:57
    voice_matters
    nothing in the bible supports your claims.
  • imldslaura voice_m... 2010/07/30 22:54:27
    imldslaura
    Duh. I wasn't talking about the bible. I'm talking about the founding fathers believing that this was a christian nation founded on christian beliefs which is obvious if you can actually read.
  • voice_m... imldslaura 2010/07/30 22:57:13
    voice_matters
    and when did i ever ask that question answer for is never and if you would ahve read my posts you would have known that. what i did ask is where in the bible it says either the jewish god or muslim god is evil.
  • imldslaura voice_m... 2010/07/30 23:03:32
    imldslaura
    Where did you go to school? Your grammer is terrible. Was that even english???? Sue Coop stated: If you take the time to read the writings of our founding fathers, you will see that they were prolific writers and left no doubt to which god they were following nor their reasons why. But you seemed to have a problem with that so I posted the above. Sorry if you have a problem with actual facts.
  • voice_m... imldslaura 2010/07/30 23:16:07
    voice_matters
    your first sentence shows you are not here to discuss the issues of this thread so enjoy you ignorant life.
  • imldslaura imldslaura 2010/07/30 23:19:30
    imldslaura
    Guess Voice can't take the heat. He blocked me because I dared to question his grammer. But please, "and when did i ever ask that question answer for is never and if you would ahve read my posts you would have known that. what i did ask is where in the bible it says either the jewish god or muslim god is evil." Is that really english?????
  • sonofason voice_m... 2010/07/27 00:19:40
    sonofason
    Jesus never attacked the Jewish God. The God of Christianity and of the Jews is the same God.
  • voice_m... sonofason 2010/07/27 00:53:01
    voice_matters
    and yet it is a different religion and suecoop said that the founding fathers did not support any other then christianity. She also forgot that the old testament is nothing but jewish teachings. Also remember that jesus was a jew.
  • suecoop voice_m... 2010/07/27 12:51:40
    suecoop
    Nope didn't forget. I'm quite aware of what the Old Testament is, but I am also aware that th Holy Bible that Christians use contains both the Old Testament and the New Testament and it is the same God. According to the documentation left behind, the founding fathers felt that these principles were strong enough to guide them and the formation of our country. I am not going to keep beating a dead horse with you.....
  • sonofason voice_m... 2010/07/27 00:17:05
    sonofason
    There is only one God. Look, you know as well as I that this is a very difficult issue. I must say, whatever will be will be. I will try to promote my ideals, and you will try to promote your ideals. If I think your ideals are becoming too overbearing for me, I will either have to live with it, or do something about it. When I see hundreds of thousands of Iranians in the streets, ranting and chanting to destroy America, I think of only a couple of things. First, I wonder what in the world we are doing to them that makes them hate us so much. Second, I wonder why we don't just nuke them of the face of the earth. Then I look at America, and see how we interfere in their affairs, how godless we are becoming as a nation, and understand that they are justified in whatever they say and do. Then I understand that we are what we are, and are justified in doing whatever we have to do to prevent our destruction at their hands. There are many hard choices. The trick is to make your choice, and live with it, or die with it, and pray to God for mercy, and hope you made the right choice.
  • voice_m... sonofason 2010/07/27 00:55:56
    voice_matters
    Tell me which god is the only real god. Is the same god for all religions but just different names, or do all relgions have different gods. then tell me which relgion is the true one. The muslims hate us because of idiots that hate them. The hate is nothing based on relgious discrimination nothing more.
  • M912 sonofason 2010/07/26 22:05:20
    M912
    If you believe that, I'm not sure how god"full" you are.
  • sonofason M912 2010/07/27 00:24:17
    sonofason
    I admit, I am not as forgiving as Christ. I know I ought to be, and I wish I were. I am considering the statement I made. You know Jesus said that if someone strikes you in the face, to turn to him the other. I believe He was right, and that is the better thing to do. I can hope that I would do that. But don't be surprised if instead I cut off his head.
  • LilMissManners 2010/07/24 06:10:06
    LilMissManners
    To clarify my yes... I do agree overall that religious freedom should prevail and people of the many religions should be able to build whatever Mosque, Synagogue, Temple, or church that they wish on the land in which they buy. With that said, however, I don't no support the mosque being built by ground zero for the obvious reasons. The Muslim's I have known have always talked about compassion, respect, love, etc as being a part of their belief system. I don't see how anyone could find having a Mosque at the site where so many people lost their lives in the "name of Allah" compassionate or loving. I would think that true Muslim's would be just as appalled at the idea. Additionally, from what I understand (unless new information has been released) the mosque is being funded by a unidentified foreign source who has gone WAYYYYY out of their way to stay anonymous. If the funding is being done with good and peaceful intentions then why hide?!? This should make any AMERICAN in spite of their religion totally against the idea!
  • Rude&Reckless 2010/07/24 04:39:42 (edited)
    Rude&Reckless
    +2
    I'm a Christian who tries to follow the teaching of Jesus. And I don't think He ever said it's okay to generalize people. Yes, I realize there are violent Muslim extremists, and, yes, I understand the animosity towards the Islam faith. I'll even admit that they've made questionable decisions in the past (i.e. not immediately apologizing for the actions of the radicals who executed 9/11). But the Catholic church has done some pretty screwed up things in the past, and yet I don't see anybody rallying to stop them from building churches in their towns. Besides, I'm an anarchist; the less unnecessary laws, the better.
  • madminis Rude&Re... 2010/07/25 06:01:04
    madminis
    +1
    When is the last time a catholic killed anyone with a bomb or beheaded them on video for everyone to see?
  • Rude&Re... madminis 2010/07/25 17:57:57
    Rude&Reckless
    +1
    Well, I do remember the last time high-ranking members of the Roman Catholic church covered for pedophiles abusing their positions of religious authority. It happened quite recently, if I remember correctly.

And what about how they tortured and killed many fellow Christians during the Protestant Reformation?
  • EM1-SS Rude&Re... 2010/07/26 02:41:05
    EM1-SS
    Gee, go right to recent history, huh? The Reformation, for the love of Jesus!

And trust me, the Catholic Church is suffering for the pedophiles - there has been about 1/2 the Churches shutdown in the last 10 years.

But that is a little different from SAWING SOMEONEs HEAD OFF ON TV, TO SCREAMING MOBS.
  • Rude&Re... EM1-SS 2010/07/26 05:23:03
    Rude&Reckless
    I'd say it's pretty comparable to burning people at the stake for not agreeing with your legalistic doctrine. They have done that, you know.
  • Files madminis 2010/07/28 20:24:05
    Files
    Um, the IRA. I'm surprised no one mentioned them.

Or the weird Balkan catholic militias.
  • suecoop 2010/07/24 03:33:11
    suecoop
    +1
    There are at least 3 within a 10 mile radius in my city. One is right next to a middle school, and the other is right across from the water treatment facility and behind an elementary school. Strategically placed? ....just wondering.
  • voice_m... suecoop 2010/07/26 03:33:35
    voice_matters
    i have never understood the lib hatred of religion can you please explain to me why you hate it so much.
  • suecoop voice_m... 2010/07/26 11:51:11 (edited)
    suecoop
    +1
    I don't hate religion. It's much the opposite. My faith has gotten me through some really rough times in my life. What bothers me about Islam is it's intolerance for non-Islamic people and the tendancy to turn the collective head as terrorists move among them. Just here in the area, we have people who were collecting and sending money for one of the terrorist organizations and it seems that no one minded at the particular mosquw to which they were affiliated with. I just know that if in my congregation there was a loon or two who wanted to wipe out others because they didn't believe the same way, I would be the first to move to have them removed and/or exposed. This could be because of their religious or political stance. We can't tolerate those people among us....it drags us all down when we turn our heads as if we don't notice.

As far as being a lib...maybe you should check my profile and other posts. I am NOT a lib!
  • voice_m... suecoop 2010/07/26 19:47:05
  • M912 voice_m... 2010/07/26 22:08:17
    M912
    You sure sound like a Christian...
  • voice_m... M912 2010/07/27 00:56:32
    voice_matters
    does it matter what my faith is.
  • suecoop voice_m... 2010/07/26 21:38:17
    suecoop
    +1
    I guess you have difficulty expressing yourself without since your last post was deleted because of profanity....so sad.
  • M912 2010/07/24 02:57:50
    M912
    +2
    I support freedom of religion and building of churches in this nation...but I'm sorry, I just can not defend the Islam religion. I'm not calling all muslims evil, I'm just saying that after all the pain and lost lives the religion's followers and the barbaric laws their Qur'an allows/suggests, they can keep their Mosques in their own uncivil nation.
  • voice_m... M912 2010/07/26 03:34:37
    voice_matters
    You start of supporting the freedom of relgion then the second sentence you let us all know you are a liar.

2014/07/24 16:38:46