Would somebody "please" explain the difference between a Liberal and a Conservative.I'm really confused between the two.

Cookie 2012/06/17 10:45:34
I hear a bunch of different stuff about Liberals and Conservatives,but it's just so confusing to me.So,in plain English would you please explain the difference between the two to me?Thank you in advance.

• Rusty Bubbles 2012/06/17 11:07:42
    Rusty Bubbles
    +6
    Cookie
    I see by your profile that you live in the USA and are 48 years of age....I don't think there's anything I can say to help you understand at this stage of your life

• BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROC... 2012/06/17 21:01:26
    BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROCK-N-R
    +1
    Good question, I gave you a rave and took the time to share. follow your heart, as you read the comments and suggestions. and, happy hunting, and the pursuit of truth liberty and justice
  • Cookie BOOGIE-... 2012/06/18 11:12:07
    Cookie
    Thank you.
  • Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/06/17 17:55:06
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    I have looked up Marxist (Marxism), Communism, Socialism, Left-Wing, Liberal (Liberalism), and Progressive and have found that each and every one of these are Synonyms for MARXISM! The only two listed Antonyms I've been able to pull up are Conservative and Capitalism!

I think that should answer your question. If you do not believe me, please by all means invest 20 minutes of your time looking each of these up in online dictionaries and thesauruses like I have. It is the truth.

Further, Republicans/Conservatives were the "old guard" of this Nation. They wanted to CONSERVE this Nation by protecting and defending this Constitution from all of the people in this world, including this Nation's own citizens, from usurping the highest law of our land, our very fount of Liberty itself. Over time and especially in the 50's, the Marxists began to infiltrate all political parties and platforms in this Nation and what we have as a result today, is exactly what their end-goal was for this Nation in their "Communist Manifesto". Somewhere along the line, this Nation became a "Democracy" instead of the Constitutionally declared REPUBLIC that this Nation used to be, that was their doing (and I assure you there is a big difference - you should look that up as well and make your own informed opinion on the matter).

Also:
  • bob h. Magnus ... 2012/06/18 22:23:55
    bob h.
    Where'd you look it up in a Chinese Fortune cookie?
  • the_old_coach 2012/06/17 15:51:40
    the_old_coach
    +1
    In a nutshell:

Liberals believe that BIG GOVERNMENT is the answer to all our problems, wants, and needs.

Conservatives believe that BIG GOVERNMENT IS THE PROBLEM.

However: It's much more complicated than that. Personally, I'm a Libertarian.

• Cookie the_old... 2012/06/18 11:13:33
    Cookie
    Your right,in a nut shell.Thank you
  • jacob crim 2012/06/17 15:31:44
    jacob crim
    Right now there is no difference in politics, its all in social issues.
  • Gunner 2012/06/17 13:10:01 (edited)
    Gunner
    +1
    I like to keep things simple, so in answer to your question I'll use an analogy....

Conservative: Water is wet.

Liberal: No it's not! It's not even officially an element! Liar, liar, pants on fire!
    And I suppose you think that fire is wet, too! I bet that you hate gays,
    you homophobe! You right-wing wet-heads are idiots! Blah, blah.....

Hope that helps.
  • Cookie Gunner 2012/06/18 11:14:51
    Cookie
    Yes it does,thank you.
  • Franklin 2012/06/17 12:12:24
    Franklin
    the issues is confusing by design , there are 4 points of political view not 2 ,,,but in a very self interested way the educational system has spent years fixing their liberal view of the meaning of those two words and slanting any and every "fell good" thing they can think of towards the "liberal" side of their description . If you look up the word liberal right now you will get the idea that it means what the word libertarian means ....start with the short test
    http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz
  • Lee Franklin 2012/06/18 00:31:02 (edited)
    Lee
    No, the issues are not confusing by design.

You're just confused because you're real stooooopid.

Don't blame the world for your stupidity.

Know what I mean Jelly Bean ??
    +1
    Conservatives believe that the Constitution is King and ALL of us must submit to its authority. Conservatism means that even our elected leaders cannot take action that contradicts our "King"! If they do, they must be struck down by the Supreme Court which adjuducates between us and those who would steal our liberty!
  • ZERO 2012/06/17 11:36:05
    ZERO
    +1
    From Webster's Dictionary

Political Liberalism:

a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties; specifically : such a philosophy that considers government as a crucial instrument for amelioration of social inequities (as those involving race, gender, or class)

Political Conservatism:

a : disposition in politics to preserve what is established
    b : a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change; specifically : such a philosophy calling for lower taxes, limited government regulation of business and investing, a strong national defense, and individual financial responsibility for personal needs (as retirement income or health-care coverage)
  • Rusty Bubbles 2012/06/17 11:07:42
    Rusty Bubbles
    +6
    Cookie
  • Cookie Rusty B... 2012/06/17 11:23:45 (edited)
    Cookie
    Thank you,I just never understood it until now.You're never to old to learn,we all do it everyday.
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/06/17 10:51:08
    Rusty Shackleford
    +5
    Liberals believe that their rights come from government.

Conservatives believe that their rights come from God and that government is only empowered to protect those rights.
  • Cookie Rusty S... 2012/06/17 11:21:28
    Cookie
    +1
    Thank you,I understand now.
  • JoeBtfsplk 2012/06/17 10:50:34
    JoeBtfsplk
    +3
    Libs believe in handing out my money to those who won't/don't work.
    Cons believe in working for it.

Simple enough even a 5th grader can understand.
  • Cookie JoeBtfsplk 2012/06/17 11:22:35
    Cookie
    Thank you,I'm not a 5th grader,but I do understand now.
  • bob h. JoeBtfsplk 2012/06/18 22:31:16
    bob h.
    Too bad it's BS. Even a RWNJ should understand that.
  • JoeBtfsplk bob h. 2012/06/18 22:34:08
    JoeBtfsplk
    Your Marxist ideals will fail bob - Obama too!
  • bob h. JoeBtfsplk 2012/06/19 01:46:29
    bob h.
    You wouldn't know a Marxist from the mailman.
  • JoeBtfsplk bob h. 2012/06/19 02:06:34
    JoeBtfsplk
    on-set dementia killed too many of your brain cells bob - good luck

2014/10/01 06:18:05